Exclusive

Exclusive: New Girl Gang Gets High, Mindy Project's Mob Snuggles Close in New Posters

Your Tuesday-night Fox favorites are coming back sooner than you can say “True American,” but in the meantime, here’s an exclusive sneak peek at the posters for the second halves of New Girl and Mindy Project‘s current seasons.

RELATEDNew Girl Scoop: Linda Cardellini Cast as Jess’ Sis

Scroll to see the New Girl roomies — including Coach! — jump for joy. (Maybe Jess’ look of amazement is related to how perfect Cece’s hair looks, even in midair?) Farther down, Mindy manages to beam radiantly even though the Shulman & Associates staff are squished into a New York City subway car.

Both shows return on Jan. 7, with New Girl kicking off at 9/8c and Mindy following at 9:30.

newgirlmindy-NG The Mindy Project Season 2 Poster

1. Jeff says:

Why isn’t Adam Palley on the Mindy Project poster? He’s a series regular now isn’t he? He’s the only reason I gave this show a second chance, so hopefully he’s not leaving!

• hipster says:

The revolving door for ‘The Mindy Project’ is so confusing, who knows anymore.

• Ruby says:

I think the photos were taken before they decided to have Adam Pally as a regular, As in earlier promotional photos Mindy’s wearing that exact outfit, So I’m assuming that’s why he’s not in them. :) It does seem strange though why they didn’t take new ones with him in seen as he has a main role in the show.

2. missy says:

Does that mean coach is a regular now?

3. Steven says:

Damn they really photoshopped the hell out of Mindy’s face.

• rowan77 says:

You’re not kidding. They practically made her look Caucasian. Mindy’s super adorable the way she is. Making her look plastic and lightening her skin is offensive. She doesn’t need to look white to be appealing.

• Aprilcot says:

Yeah…and not just Mindy. All their complexions look weird.

4. neha says:

I like how the number of minorities = the number of white people in New Girl. Yay for diversity!

5. RAGGEDT says:

I thought the Mindy Project was going on hiatus. Is that not the case (I think it’s funny that the late, lamented “Happy Endings” is providing comedic boosts to both “New Girl” and “Mindy” with Damon Wayans Jr and Adam Pally, respectively!)

6. Jules' fan says:

Great. Fox still caring about The Mindy Project. I don’t enjoy New Girl as much as I used too and Winston is by far the worst part of the show (followed by Schmidt).

• Erin says:

Pfft. Winston is a national treasure.

• rowan77 says:

I agree about New Girl to the extent that I don’t enjoy this season, while last season was just fantastic. I stopped watching. Even with Damon Wayans, Jr., the writing has become really crappy this season. Meanwhile, The Mindy Project has hit its stride this year. I wish they hadn’t felt they needed so many famous faces to guest star to being eyes to the show because the writing and the main cast are just stellar. Although I do miss Pastor Casey…

7. ames says:

I can’t believe how sad I am at the prospect of losing the Mindy Project. That show has really came into its own this second season and after that Secret Santa Danny gave Mindy i just want this show to never end!

• ZisforZombie says:

Seriously, I love tmp! I used to love New Girl, but things have def slowed down this season. Maybe if I play True American before I watch another ep I will feel the love again…

• TrickyGreyArea says:

I just started watching TMP in November so it’s one that I hadn’t read much about (i.e. renewal odds) until recently. I was seeing positive buzz about it so I tuned in and spent the holidays catching up on this season. I didn’t watch Happy Endings but Adam Pally quickly became one of my faves, and while I wasn’t sold on Mindy/Danny, his Secret Santa dance forced me to rethink that. Figures I would start watching just to discover it’s at high risk of cancellation. :(

8. CSI fan says:

C’mon people, watch Mindy!!!! It’s a cute comedy, I really like it (A lot better than New Girl in my opinion)

9. enri says:

I Love the Mindy Project! Please let there be a season 3.

10. Lecholls says:

I’m glad Fox is finally starting to promote these shows again. I’m glad TMP will be back for a few episodes before it goes on hiatus, and I’m super excited for New Girl. Yay!

11. JL says:

I love both shows. Mindy Project seems like it has hit its stride. I am still holding out hope for New Girl. I have no idea what the writers were thinking with all the characters, especially Winston and Schmidt. Totally way off. The only character that has been consistent and, in my humble opinion, the best on the show, is Cece. LOVE her!

12. Joey says:

The new posters looks good. Can’t wait to see new episodes next week.

13. they should not have photoshopped mindy’s face so thoroughly. that is ridiculous.

14. Jesse S. says:

The Mindy Show poster is quite possibly one of the poorest uses of image doctoring I’ve ever seen…they don’t even look remotely real. Terrible job by the graphic design team. Also, why make Mindy look white? That’s just offensive.

15. jjoseph says:

I love The Mindy Project! Please give us Season 3…PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE….

16. Steven says:

Great poster for new girl!!Zooey is so hot!!Can’t wait to see new episode. New girl is the BEST!!!Watch this show c’mon

17. Guest7 says:

The second poster looks soooooo bad… very photoshop, such ugly, jeez

18. Brianna says:

I really hoped they weren’t bringing coach back as a series regular. I really think he upsets the dynamics of the show.

19. Shaka says:

No Adam Pally in the “Mindy” poster. Should I be worried?

20. Dustin says:

All I have to say is that if the mindy project doesn’t make a 3rd season I will be DONE WITH FOX! It’s such a hilarious show! All the other trash they have on fox is nothing compared to this show!

21. homepage says:

I like the helpful information you provide in your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly.
    I’m quite sure I’ll learn plenty of new stuff right here!
    Best of luck for the next!

22. Eleanor says:

Oh my gosh the poster for The Mindy Project is terrible. They’re an attractive cast, why did fox have to photoshop them to death??