Ryan Murphy Details His Original Plan for Glee's Very Final Scene -- And It Already Has Aired

Glee Series Finale DetailsIn the course of paying tribute to dearly departed Glee cast member Cory Monteith, series creator Ryan Murphy has for the first time detailed how Fox’s musical dramedy originally was to lower the curtain, had Rachel (played by Monteith’s real-life love, Lea Michele) not lost Finn. And the moment may seem familiar to Glee fans.

PHOTOS | Cory Monteith’s 10 Best Glee Moments

Previously, this fall at PaleyFest, Murphy revealed, “The final [season] was designed around Rachel and Cory/Finn’s story…. I always knew that, I always knew how it would end. I knew what the last shot was – he was in it. I knew what the last line was – she said it to him.”

RELATED | It’s Official: Dianna Agron Returns to Glee

Now, in a first-person In Memoriam piece for Entertainment Weekly‘s Year-End Special, Murphy details, “Rachel was going to have become a big Broadway star, the role she was born to play,” while “Finn was going to have become a teacher, settled down happily in Ohio, at peace with his choice and no longer feeling like a Lima loser.”

But Glee wouldn’t end quite there. In the series’ final moments, Murphy continues, “Rachel comes back to Ohio, fulfilled and yet not, and walks into Finn’s glee club. ‘What are you doing here?’ he would ask. ‘I’m home,’ she would reply. Fade out. The End.”

A version of that exchange found its way into “The Quarterback,” the Glee episode that remembered Monteith/Finn, when Rachel related to Mr. Schue how she imagined her and Finn’s future.

RELATED | Glee Casts Pitch Perfect Star in ‘Explosive’ Role

At PaleyFest, months after Monteith’s passing, Murphy said he had “a good idea” of a new way to end the series, when the time comes, one that is “very satisfactory. And kind of in [Cory's] honor, which I love.”

1. Michele says:

Can Devil Murphy stop talking about Cory to stay relevant? I think it’s tasteless he keeps reminding us that Cory isn’t with us anymore and just gets the fans depressed. Just let him rest in peace already.

2. Isn’t this the scene that Rachel delineates to Mr. Schue at the end of “The Quarterback.”

3. Becky Ann says:

….that is a crappy, crappy ending. Ugh. Get St. Berry an NYC apartment, she’s got her dream role, he’s got his dream role, both up for Tony’s, Jesse loses, but Rachel wins, dedicates her speech to the Glee club and especially to Finn and then fade. Or she loses and doesn’t dedicate it and all the old Glee kids are in their apartment congratulating her on their nomination, and they (not including Jesse maybe not sure) make a toast to Finn and his legacy in their group.

• Lara says:

Honestly it should be thus: Rachel wins a Tony award and the voice over about opening yourself up to joy from the very first episode is heard as she walks up to accept it with flashbacks including ones with Finn.. perhaps don’t stop believing plays and we get flashes of all the major characters lives (kind of like Six Feet Under without the epicness ;p) but no toast or speech. To experience joy one must know loss.

4. Jess says:

I don’t believe him. Rachel belongs in New York and Finn didn’t so…I think he would have went for a The Way We Were/Funny Girl kind of ending. That would’ve been a better choice story wise, without pandering to fans. And I think that was his original thought, but now, sadly enough, we’ll never really know for sure.

• jamie says:

Why doesn’t Finn belong in NY? Because as a confused 18 year old he didn’t like in S4? The kid that wanted out of Lima so badly is now content to be a Lima Loser? I don’t buy it, Finn was just as good enough and capable enough to be in NY as much as anyone else that ends up there. They only think I do believe is Finn and Rachel would have ended up together, that was the one certainty.

• Thomas says:

Finn belonged in NY right up until Murphy didn’t get the spin-off. Then apparently Finn had to be stuck in Lima till the end of the series when Rachel gave up her dreams and returned to him. That ending sucks for both characters.

• Sil says:

Thank you. We’ll said. Personally. The spin off was the way to go. Season 4 and 5 are less than pleasing to me. So I have to admit Since Cory’s death, I don’t watch Glee. If Glee seems to sound interesting for an episode I’ll DVR it. But, the last several sucked IMO. Glee isn’t the show that I just can’t wait to watch anymore. My least favorite characters are those focused on the most in season 4 and 5. I’m not one to have to listen to Glee cover recent popular hits so I’m rather turned off to Glee’s Blaine coverage. I have chosen to watch other shows which seem to have a great following. The writing is really more to my liking. The Glee is not.

• Jess says:

I don’t think of Finn as a Lima loser. I just believe that Rachel and Finn were fundamentally different. I saw him being fulfilled teaching or taking over Burt’s shop, settling down with a family, etc. Theres really no shame in that. That’s why I mentioned TWWW. I saw him as the simple Hubble to Rachel’s passionate Katie. And maybe I’m wrong, probably am, but I think that’s how Ryan initially saw them, but after ships took over the show, and glee became less about story telling and more about psa’s and whatnot, their direction changed. Rachel changed. But IMO, I don’t think it would have been any less of a great love story if they had ended like TWWW, it just would’ve made more sense. To me, at least. Besides, The Way We Were is one of the greatest love stories of all time.

• stillonline says:

Finn is as important to the success of Glee Club as Will. From the first season it’s Finn’s ideas and his ability to motivate that gets Glee the first win at Sectionals (Rolling Stones – You can’t always get what you want). Finn and Artie they produce Glease and Finn comes back to run Glee while Will is in Washington. He’s never happier than when he’s producing, directing a show. If Finn had gone to New York with Rachel, he would have been the one she turned to when it got rough, not Kurt. They would have made it together. The idea of a Casablanca wannabe ending to the Finn/Rachel story is nonsense.

5. Amy says:

I absolutely hate the reason, but I’m relieved that won’t be Rachel’s ending. I would have found Rachel giving up NY and Broadway a very unsatisfying ending.

• Amy says:

The idea that Rachel has one Broadway role and then gives it all up would have been very sad to me. Rachel Berry deserves to be originating her own roles and performing on Broadway like she was always meant to.

• uh huh says:

What makes you think it would have been one role? This scenario could have played out 10 years in the future, for all you know.

• JK says:

Either way. Rachel was born to perform. Finn put her on that train to live up to her full potential, quitting to go live in Lima would be untrue to Rachel’s character. Rachel warned bway and performing beofre she wanted Finn even. Unless they also explain that Rahel was doing movies and was still in show biz this would have been extremely insinuating. This is also saying Rachel can’t have both career and love and that is a horrible message.

• I’m thinking that the show might now end with her becoming the teacher, but we’ll see.

6. Esaul says:

Doesn’t sound too bad of an ending to me.

7. Jessica says:

I think we already guessed this, but I think that would have been the wrong way to go. Rachel giving up Broadway to go back to Ohio would just be really depressing. It’s not like Finn couldn’t teach/run a glee club at one of the many schools in NYC/in a nearby suburb. HE should’ve been the one showing up for her in NYC in that ending…

• Amy says:

THIS! Finn showing up in NY for Rachel would have been wonderful to see, not Rachel coming back to Lima and giving everything up for a man, granted even a man that she loved. Finn moving to NY to run a Glee club and be with Rachel would show both of them not settling for Lima.

• Sil says:

This I S THE. Answer. The Ryan Murphy one is a lazy one. A realistic one. But when ever has Glee been realistic. Finn could have taken a while to find a dream but the real problem has always been, is lazy writing. Not a fan of a Finn writer. I no longer am a Glee fan. It took a circle shoot down the commode.

• Amy says:

The way you propose would have been much more satisfying.

• Anne says:

He never said Rachel gives up Broadway. “Home” most likely means where her heart is (with Finn) and not actual location. Plus if she’s a successful in-demand star she can travel for work.

• S. says:

You don’t commute from Ohio to NYC and when you’re in a Broadway show you’re not supposed to leave town while it’s going on, only on your dark day when they show isn’t running. Is she gonna take a weekly trip to Ohio for 1 day? You don’t just take months off. I don’t think he’d have let her quit. It’s a time consuming thing being on Broadway. Finn should’ve come to her. What if they have kids? It didn’t make sense to have her go to Lima, esp. if the dream Finn would’ve wanted for her is to work in NYC as a big star. He could’ve made a huge difference as a teacher running an NYC school’s glee club. They could’ve come home to one another every night. Rachel coming home to Lima would’ve been horrible. It wasn’t ever really home. It was the base from which she was going to launch to super stardom. Her friends have or will have mostly moved away by the time she went back. If people like Kurt are in NYC, stay there with your base of friends. She could go back occasionally to help out her hometown glee club, get the McKinley auditorium named afer her or something, raise money. No reason to actually put down roots in Lima and that’s what Murphy meant. He didn’t mean she was coming to be with Finn and where he was was home. Finn would’ve been established in Lima. Trying to honor that makes me concerned about the end of the show. I still feel like he’d want Rachel to walk away which is just BS.

• S. says:

Ugh to clarify, where Finn was would be home for Rachel but I don’t think there was ever a plan for that to mean anything other than a literal home in Lima since that’s where he was. It’s not purely metaphorical is what I meant. Home = Finn = Lima.

8. Angel says:

I don’t believe Murphy for a second. That is terrifyingly unfulfilling ending to a long journey. As a fan of Finn, Rachel and finchel it does not satisfy me AT ALL!! Finn was going to go to NYC and finally feel NYC good and rachel be a broadway star and they live happily ever after. That’s it. None of the BS Ryan made up after Cory died.

• Sil says:

You are my Angel. I’ve believed that since the nonsense RM spoke about at the start of season 4. Finn never had a real story in season 4. He was a chair warmer. I will never applaud and stand by any comment that Lima was his big story, it was Blaine’s and Sam’s. To this day, season 4 makes me sick.

9. TJ says:

If this was the ending Ryan Murphy is the worst story teller on TV. He is basically saying Finn was never destined to dream big, to be content being a Lima Loser and never find his way out of Lima, and Rachel could only find love by giving up her dream and returning to Lima? So basically characters like Sam that never showed an ounce of ambition are good enough to leave Lima but Finn is not? I guess he didn’t remember he already had a Mr Shue? I guess Glee’s message is don’t dream big because most aren’t talented enough and if are talented enough be prepared to give it all otherwise you will never find love. I guess Ryan didn’t realize there are schools in NY that need teachers. Or was this Ryan’s way of keeping the Lima part of the show? Sacrifice Finn because they were stupid enough to promote the Newbies and realized too late this new cast isn’t talented enough or compelling enough to carry half the show? Never invest time in anything Ryan Murphy creates because as a fan you will get burned caring about any of his characters!

• Will says:

haha THIS! Well.. the ending of your comment anyhow.

Thankfully The WB’s ‘Popular’ got canceled before Murphy really had a chance to mess it up. But everything he has touched started out great (Nip/Tuck, Glee) then turned to crap. I can’t comment on AHS though; haven’t seen it.

• jenilee says:

Haha Will!!!! That is exactly what i have always said. I used to be sad Popular was canceled, but after seeing Murphy screw up another show, i am glad they canceled it before he could destroy it!

• Lara says:

Murphy can do two seasons well… after that… its a train wreck. Nip/Tuck was great until season 3. Glad Popular got cancelled while it was still good. Glee had a good season and a halfish? AHS works I believe because its different stories and different characters each season which plays to his strengths as a short term writer.

• uh huh says:

How old are you? Teenager? I’m going with teenager. Because teenagers always think they have to GET OUT. And then very very very often they grow up and realize that the place they wanted SO BADLY to get away from is the place where they belong.

• Amy says:

This is true but its obvious in the way Ryan has wrote the finale scene that Rachel does not technically belong in Lima, she decides she belongs with Finn. Meaning Finn being in NY doing what he loved (teaching Glee club) could work just fine. But I suspect Ryan wanted to show Rachel doing something completely unselfish like giving up Broadway for her love of Finn.

• Lara says:

Not always true. I’m in my 40s and moved across the country and found my home. Everyone is different. There is no one set path. My siblings and I live all around the world and are completely okay with what we have. It’s not everyone’s path. The thing is Rachel isn’t running from Lima. Rachel, like Quinn said, doesn’t belong there. Rachel has probably dreamed about Broadway since she had coherent thoughts as a child. I just don’t see her, the woman with the drive and love for the stage as she has ever being happy in a small town in Ohio away from the lights of New York City or even the national touring companies she could be a party of. Rachel is the character that is going to fulfill her dreams on the show. The ones that Shue never was capable of.

• Sil says:

TJ you have your thinking cap on. All the things that the show talked about from the get go just went out the window when it came to Finn. He never was good enough. He was going to have to realize it, like Will had to. Rachel was going to have to eventually give up her dream, is just bunk. This just shows me, RM is full of it.

• Sil says:

P R E A C H!!!!

• ronnie says:

Everyone seems to forget that the original concept of “Glee” was about those misfit aka Lima losers finding the one place they could be themselves in that classroom. The idea of Finn coming back to Lima to teach and take over for Schue is actually the right idea in the concept of the show as the character would take on the role of the glee teacher to be the leader others as he was in high school. With Rachel returning to him after achieving her success to let him know that he would always be “home” to her is right for the characters. This crazy obsession of Glee being only about NYC is wrong. The core of the series has always been about the characters in that classroom. Murphy’s mistake was not introducing more new characters during the season 3 so the transition of the new cast members would have been smoother and we could have let the others move on and show up in just guest spots rather than telling two different sets of stories.

10. qj201 says:

“Finn what are doing here? Doesn’t school start next week?”
    “Yes, at my new teaching job in New Jersey”

scene

Rachel Berry back in Ohio…for her true love? What anti-feminist crap is that?

11. Thomas says:

Hey Ryan, here’s a clue, teachers can teach ANYWHERE, Broadway Stars can only be Broadway Stars on Broadway! It’s not hard to figure out!

12. Nunaya_Bidness says:

Seems like a good ending to me. Being Fanny Brice is the pinnacle for Rachel, it’s pretty much all she ever wanted (outside of Finn) so once that is fulfilled, I don’t see the problem. I also don’t see the problem with Finn winding up in Lima, people from small towns aren’t always eager to get out and it doesn’t make them losers if they don’t. Finn lost that “Lima loser” mindset a long time ago, now if what is left of the viewers could just do the same. It doesn’t make sense for all the Glee Club kids to become famous. Canonically the only ones that originally wanted to were Mercedes and Rachel, so Finn taking another path and making other dreams feels right and real. I just wish Cory were still with us to see them play out.

• Lydia says:

Being Fanny Brice may have been Rachel’s dream role, but it wasn’t the be all and end all of her dream. That’s like saying kids who want to be singers should make that one album and then retire. There’s always going to be one-hit wonders, but Rachel wanted to be a Broadway star and I don’t see why she’d walk away from all that in the end. And while staying in Lima doesn’t make Finn a loser (although the show has drilled that idea into viewers head for several seasons now) I don’t really care for the idea of him just waiting around for Rachel to wander back to him. I assume the idea was to show that Finn was always going to be “home” for Rachel, but the poor execution of that idea that this ending suggests is not one I would have found satisfying.

13. isee says:

Even though I haven’t watched the last three seasons, I’ve always thought that the show should end with an epilogue, set maybe 12 years later in the original Glee Club room. First day of shcool. You would see pictures of all the cast members in their glory glee days. Then a blond girl would walk in, about 16 years old. As the teacher asks for a name, she would have said “Beth Corcoran”. Fade to black. That’s the way I would have originally see it end.

14. Nunaya_Bidness says:

I don’t see it as waiting around for her at all, he would have had his own life and doing his own thing. Sadly, we’ll never know how that would have played out. Who’s to say that once Rachel got Fanny, she would want anything more? Sometimes people are satisfied when one dream is fulfilled, there is nothing wrong with reaching a certain pinnacle and bowing out. I can see that being the case with Rachel since Barbra Streisand has been such a huge thing with her, it doesn’t make her any less of a Broadway star, it just means that maybe her dreams change as well. That tends to happen as we get older. Priorities and perspectives change a lot.

15. Bobfaberry says:

wow talk about a ending just as unfulfilled than the one from the Soprano. Should end with Rachel winning her last award for her EGOT and then you show what append in a succession of short clip. Finally showing her single or married with Santana or Quinn.

16. Jared says:

This “ending” would have been beautiful and a perfect ending to any true fan. It shows the heart and soul of the show. That no matter how big a star you become or how much success you get, they’re always there for each other. They were in love and meant to end up together. RIP Cory

17. MissMel says:

Why is everyone assuming this ending would have meant Rachel had to give up her career? Not EVERY celebrity lives in New York and L.A. If she had become a huge star, as Murphy says, she could have easily made a home with Finn in Lima and traveled for work. All this ending shows is that she grew up and finally realized there’s more to life than career success, that fame and money aren’t the most important things in the world.

• Francine says:

Thank you! Plus, like someone above already said, it never says how far in the future this is. People are assuming Rachel is quitting after one show but it never says that. Then again no one is going to be completely satisfied no matter how it ends.

• abz says:

Agreed. I think many are also forgetting that there would have been two more full seasons for all of this to develop had Cory not passed away.

• JK says:

Thye he better have mention Rachel is now a movie star but it says she is fulfilled except for one thing meaning Finn. How long would she be fulfilled if she wasn’t performing? Still a awful ending. Nealy everyone thought it would be more like Rachel winning a Tony and thanking glee club or something about her reaching her dreams not settling for love over career. Why can;t Rachel have both?

18. Boiler says:

Merry Xmas to all of you haters. May your gift be never to write about Glee anymore

19. Fernanda says:

the perfect ending is everyone reunite in the choir room (even Sue) after many years in a high school reunion, in front of Finn’s picture, they all begin to sing ABBA’s “Thank You for the music”, fade out, the end

20. Ella says:

I don’t love that ending. I don’t see why Finn couldn’t have been something great as well, not to say being a teacher isn’t, it’s just that he was very talented and that would have gone to waste. I guess it doesn’t matter now. I feel depressed again :(

• abz says:

It’s not a waste if it’s something he truly enjoyed doing. Finn was talented, but let’s face it he wasn’t like Rachel where becoming a star and being on Broadway was everything to her. Finn was a leader and a motivator and you can tell a lot of his joy came from helping the Glee club succeed. Being a teacher fits perfectly with his character IMO.

• JK says:

Yes it does and NY has many school for him to be a leader and a motivator in. So why is Lima even needed?

• Shelley says:

Yet another reason Glee sinks and keeps sinking. It just left all the reasons for the show on the writers floor. Finn was the ultimate loser who couldn’t leave Lima. He was going to be another Will. I always thought from the pilot he was going to be different from Will, since the show equated them. Glee used Rachel and Finn as the metaphors. I think fan fiction has a lot better prose than the show does. Now that Cory is gone! we will never know the real process what and where Finn’s story would have gone. I for one, don’t believe a word that Ryan Murphy says. I think that season 4 was such a waste on unseasoned actors and, IMO, untalented, ones. Season 3 was the series finale for me. I watched The Quarterback. Now, I’ll never watch another Blaine episode again.

• tj says:

I agree this sounds more like a justification for keeping the Lima side going and why there is so much focus on it.The chemistry between Lea and Cory was definitely missed in Season 4, but people kept watching hoping for some reconnection. Now that can’t happen so people are obviously not watching. Ryan says Lea is the star, to a casual viewer they would say it is Darren. If Lea left the show now, would the casual viewer notice? Finn and Rachel were the only 2 with character development, can anyone say that anyone else has developed as a character. What is Blaines character development, what have Kurt and Blaine done to go from broken up to engaged without any story. Blaine did fall in love with Sam, Kurt may have dated Adam(we will never know we never saw it).. Why was Finn stuck in Lima but Sam gets to go to NY(granted after they devoted a whole episode on the fact he did not want to be known for his body), Santana is in NY(not sure what exactly she is doing except telling Rachel what to do) So Finn who led the Glee club to a national title can’t go to NY, but Kurt who never lead the glee club gets to go because he likes broadway? So everyone gets to follow a dream but Finn,everyone gets out of Lima but Finn,maybe this is because Matt Morrison wanted out and this is the only way they could do it and keep a foot in Lima, They could have had Sue Sylvester or Figgins or Bieste take over, why Finn. Is it because they wanted to franchise Glee, where they just brought in new kids every year, yeah that worked real well in S4, based on the ratings and how no one talks about the newbies.

21. Tess says:

It leaves me thinking, “I was sticking in to watch two more years for this? That’s it? Finn’s story being about learning to be content with never being good for anything more than Lima after never even trying to do more; two more years without Cory and Lea–whose acting together was the most compelling thing Glee had going for it–based in different parts of the series and seldom acting together; Rachel giving up her career to be a housewife in Lima and leaving a huge number of fans furious like they were with the engagement story? Nothing more? What a lame joke.” All this confirms for me is that Ryan’s plan for the next two years would have continued to drive Glee even further into the ground.

22. stillonline says:

To end it the way Ryan Murphy planed just sucks. If you think a woman who spent 25 years devoted to becoming a Broadway star will (like Lucy Ricardo) will run home, put on the apron and settle for housewife, you’re in the wrong century Dude. You don’t know women. And why do you have so little faith in Finn? He’s not driven to become a star, but maybe he’s driven by the love of what he’s doing. Maybe goes to New York with Artie and produces plays for Rachel. Maybe Finn gets a Toni before Rachel.

But losing Finn in such a messy way leaves this cripple old grandmother at sixes and sevens. I can’t imagine how the younger viewer feels. I only started watching Glee last week and then watched non-stop for days. I knew going in that Cory Monteith was dead. But I couldn’t help but fall in love with him anyway. There is such genius in the writing characters are allowed to screw up, figure it out, learn and grow and make you love them even more. Finn starts out as a dumpster dumping jock. He becomes a hero and a leader. At the end, he’s bottomed out and left behind with a series of epic failures. Unforgivable failures like calling Sue’s baby a retard. He dies without redemption. It’s an unsettling experience for a show that gives so much hope. You can’t leave him as the fiancé kissing, retarded baby insulting, failed boot camp misfit. Our Finn needs redemption.
    Here’s an idea – Finn was out of his head. Do a show about football and traumatic brain injury and call it Stop Making Sense – Talking Heads.
    Imagine this: Finn lied to everyone about the Army. He didn’t pass his physical; he had a seizure and was taken to the infirmary. The doctors recommended further testing. That testing showed extensive traumatic brain injury. He didn’t lie because he was embarrassed, few things embarrassed Finn. He lied because he didn’t want to make a fuss. The episode begins with Emma and a strange man in her office. A soldier Finn met at boot camp.
    Emma never forgave Finn. She was furious when Will forgave Finn without asking her. Once again he neglected to consider her feelings. Finally putting her foot down, she put up such a fight about it that Schuster had to call Finn and tell him not to return to help with the Regionals. Or maybe Emma had become too close for her own comfort to Finn. He put her at ease the same way her dentist did at first. Finn’s spiral may have begun then. Because of Quinn and Puck, Finn was heartsick over the Emma Kiss.
    His mother was off to Washington with Bert, Rachel was in New York living her dream. Nothing they could do would stop what was coming and Finn didn’t know how long he had. Weeks or years. He went to the hospital for treatment alone. The results were mixed. Like his return home.
    So he wrote his story, the story of the Glee Club and Rachel. Artie makes it a play.
    This show inspired me so much. Please redeem Finn. Cory deserves it.

• Kat says:

Hey, Stillonline, I like the way you think. I think that’s a little too mature for the majority of people who write on this site. As an individual in my fifties, I agree with you. Why not give Finn a reason for what he did? It’s called taking poetic license for all of you who don’t know, they use it in TV all the time. I like the idea that maybe Finn was dying and didn’t tell anyone about it. It would have been nice to give the character a positive send off.

• Shelley says:

I liked the idea too. But, Glee never finish or conclude anything, never give an answer to anything. It is the Glee-verse. Just like Britany going to MIT. There never is a real definitive answer for anything. I don’t think the writers give a rats a$$ about the whys of
        Finn died. They just wanted to get beyond that mountain for the cast and crew to move on for the season. Just 1 reason Glee disappoints me and makes me want to stop watching. This season I have. The Quarterback was the last episode that I could stand to watch. I thought this last Xmas episode might have some reference to Finn, but nothing but silliness and nonsense. IMO, that is what Glee amounts to now.

• I love Britany going to MIT! She was such a delightful character. At times her nonsense made perfect sense to me, much like science nerds I know. As far as wanting to get past Finn’s death, I think that’s true. I think Cory Monteith’s death left them flat footed. They didn’t know how to deal properly with such a tragic change. It takes screenwriters years to develop a plot line. Finn’s drug use and then death threw them for a loop. I’ll give them a pass considering how wonderful and insightful the first few years were. Finn needs closure and we need a new quarterback. The role Finn played was pivotal. Tho’ I doubt anyone could top Cory Monteith’s Finn.

• stillonline says:

Glee does like to tackle major issues like bullies, religion etc. Why not a bit about the dangers of brain damage from the dead quarterback. It fits with the progression the disease: erratic behavior, self medicating. I also think he’d take the time to write letters to the people he loves. Finn type letters to Rachel, Quinn, Puck, Will and EMMA. Those letters could form the basis of one episode and also, when Artie decides to make them into a screenplay, which stars Rachel….Finn lives. He’s such a wonderful character that he can’t die. It’s tragic that we lost the man who gave so much of his talent to bring Finn to life – but at least we can keep him alive a bit longer.

23. mary says:

It is clear Ryan Murphy is clueless about Finn´s character and the metaphor of the show. Brad Falchuk was Finn´s voice, but both of them gave up last season. They were busy with their new toy/show, Nor Finn or Cory deserved that