Vikings Season 2 to Set Sail in February

Vikings Season 2 Premiere DateHide yer womin and treasure, because Ragnar Lothbrok and the Vikings can be seen on the horizon.

History has announced that Season 2 of the adventure drama will set sail on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 10/9c, running for 10 episodes.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 150+ December Finales, January Premieres and More

The top-rated new cable drama of 2013 (averaging 4.3 million viewers), Vikings‘ new run “brings crises of faith, of power, of relationships,” now that Ragnar (Travis Fimmel) has allied himself with King Horrik (Donal Logue) against the Earl in Gotaland and possibly his own brother Rollo (Clive Standen), as well. He also has a baby from another mother on the way.

“Loyalties shift from friend to foe, and unlikely alliances are formed in the name of supremacy,” reads the Season 2 logline. “Ragnar’s indiscretions threaten his marriage to Lagertha (Katheryn Winnick), tearing him and his beloved son apart. Plots are hatched, scores are settled, blood is spilled… all under the watchful eyes of the gods.”

As Winnick told TVLine during a visit to our Times Square offices, the new batch of episodes are “bigger and better.” Here’s an early trailer:

Also returning for Season 2 are George Blagden (Athelstan), Jessalyn Gilsig (Siggy), Gustaf Skarsgard (Floki) and Alyssa Sutherland (Ragnar’s baby momma Princess Aslaug), while new cast members include Alexander Ludwig (The Hunger Games) as Ragnar and Lagertha’s growing son Bjorn and Linus Roache (Law & Order) as the King of Wessex.

1. Ashlyn says:

The monk that was brought back from England…..I forget his name. Will he be back? He was my favorite character.

2. Kaylin says:

Such a good show!! Can’t wait!

3. wrstlgirl says:

I was wondering when this was coming back, YAY :-)

4. Cassie says:

Can’t wait! One of my favorite series on TV. Kudos to the History channel for providing this quality series.

5. Cameron says:

Love the show, but did anyone else think the ending of last season was really anticlimactic?

• gia says:

Yeah the plot didn’t quite pull together as well as it could have, but there was still enough there throughout the season to definitely bringme back next year.

6. Truefan says:

One of my favorite shows last season, tho’ some of the battle scenes were hard to watch. Lagertha was my favorite character .

7. mel0329 says:

Ragnar and those blue eyes – so dreamy. The casting for this show could not be any better. When I heard Jessalyn Gilsig was cast I thought it a little odd, but she completely makes me forget she was ever married to Will Schuster on Glee.

8. Tracey says:

Um….not entirely sure I like what what appears to happen to Floki in this trailer….hoping it’s a mean trick of editing.

:-(

9. kelvin says:

Do you guys think England will come back for a revege ?because they killed his believed brother

• The english were not able to cross the sea at this time.. It would take them many years before they could sail like the Vikings….. The Vikings however returned frequently to England… Thats why there are many towns and smaller places in England today having nordic names… York perhaps the most famous one…

10. Robin says:

yes he will come back for vengeance….

11. 1borg elite says:

As we slayed brothers Saxons an just about anything that got in our way I felt like I was home at last!!

12. yogi111105 says:

Ragnar and Vikings is the best about a Vikings film,whitch I watched.

13. Shane says:

I realy like the series just wish i can have this history channel. Are we going to see the ending of ragner this season?

14. Antonio says:

Can’t wait for this its felt like an age since it was screened on History channel, well done to them! My favourite character was Floki and yea the trailer had me up in arms, him and Rollo always had a fight coming but still that’s not fair two against one!

15. Tim says:

Rape and pillage. Lotsa drinking and killing too. Love it!

16. Cheryl says:

I love the show, wow what more can I ask for Vikings was certainly all that last season. Can’t wait for the 27th to get here.

17. Miranda says:

When will the second season be available on DVD in stores?

• Tammy rogers says:

Miranda. .i have been wondering the same thing..when will season 2 dvd be out for sale. I can’t a answer..I’ve Google it went to history channel and many more places on the intenet..i even called walmart they just said it would be out this year..so if anyone knows plzzzz reply back..thanks

18. Jody says: