Exclusive: Chicago Fire Spin-Off Cuts Two Actors

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Chicago PD CastThere are two officers down on NBC’s Chicago PD.

TVLine has confirmed exclusively that Scott Eastwood and Tania Raymonde, both of whom appeared in last season’s backdoor pilot episode of Chicago Fire that introduced the PD cast, will not be moving forward with the spin-off.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to More Than 100 January Premieres

According to sources, both actors quietly departed the series over the summer for creative reasons. They follow the June exits of Melissa Sagemiller (Law & Order: SVU) and Kelly Blatz (Glory Daze).

Sophia Bush (One Tree Hill), Patrick Flueger (The 4400) and Jesse Lee Soffer (Mob Doctor) were added to the cast shortly thereafter.

Chicago PD premieres Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 10/9c.

Comments (41)

• Don’t recall who they were sadly. Still eager for this show!

Comment by Esaul – December 20, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As I recall, they were the uniformed beat cops, so with the show moving to focus on the elite detective squad, “creative differences” may literally mean that the writers just didn’t need them anymore.

Comment by wordsmith – December 20, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “Creative reasons” and I agree with you. Creative differences would suggest someone was unhappy. Creative reasons suggests that its possibly as simple as them not serving the ultimate story direction.

Comment by Ben – December 20, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ohh okay. They see vaguely familiar. Thanks!

Comment by Esaul – December 21, 2013 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww man, Eastwood was the only reason I wanted to watch! :{

Comment by Liv Stabler – December 20, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, I think most of us had already figured this out but now it’s confirmed. I really like Tania Raymonde but no sense in staying involved with something if you’re not happy with it. I’m really looking forward to the show as well.

Comment by wrstlgirl – December 20, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was going to write the exact same thing!!

Comment by sarah – December 20, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t blame them for leaving. Our family will not be watching due to the actor that played the dirty cop on several episodes of Chicago Fire last season. He ruined it for us.

Comment by JBrantley – December 20, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you had watched it you would know that he is not actually a dirty cop but acting under cover

Comment by alison – December 20, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It sounds like her criticism is of the actor himself and not the fact that he is an undercover cop acting like a dirty one.

Comment by sara – December 20, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If he was undercover why did he go to jail? He treated Casey like a dog because he wanted Casey to fix the report that his drunk son caused a accident and paralyzed a innocent driver, He is a convicted felon and now he is the boss of a team of cops? Thai is ridiculous . What is he gonna show them, how to break the law while upholding it?

Comment by Lolita – December 21, 2013 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He is? I watched those episodes and didn’t get that. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment by Michael Sacal – December 20, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Michael Sacal, towards the end of last season there was a scene where he got into a car with a handler played by Robin Weigert, where it revealed that his new role is to use his history of being dirty as an in with criminals. I had to watch the scene twice to pick up on it so I can see why you didn’t catch it. I’m sure that a lot of people didn’t.

Comment by Dys – December 20, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • At this point (and at the end of Chicago Fire last season) that is what he is doing, but when messing with Casey (and prior to that) it wasn’t for undercover purposes.

Comment by JEst – December 20, 2013 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Now he’s under cover, doesn’t change that he was dirty,and wanted special privileges for his son…

Comment by Tanny Imsoblessed Mathews – February 2, 2014 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you talking about Voight? Because he actually is a bad guy. In fact, the promos for the show highlight how it will actually be a struggle between how good cops (Dawson) and bad cops (Voight) get the job done.

Comment by Aeol – December 20, 2013 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hi, what I am struggling with is how can he possibly be a convicted dirty cop, go to jail. And then come out and get rewarded by being the boss of an elite team of cops this makes absolutely no sense. Even for TV this is stretching it. If it had been known he was undercover that would be a different thing. But he played in quite a few episodes as a dirty cop. The way he treated Casey was sickening. Now he is back on the police force, give me a break.

Comment by Lolita – December 21, 2013 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I totally agree with the posters who will not be watching this show because of Voight. The reason he went after Casey was because of his son’s DUI. He made Casey’s life miserable. They wrote the show in a way that made me hate him, and now they want me to watch a show that he is the star of? Not happening.

Comment by Mary Ann – December 21, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh, and I came to read this story because I was hoping one of the actors that had been cut was the one that played Voight. No such luck.

Comment by Mary Ann – December 21, 2013 11:26 AM PDT
  • :( terrible news. Tania was a good addition and Eastwood was the main eye candy.

Comment by Kyle C. – December 20, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool, that means Eastwood is available for the NCIS NOLA pilot now!!!! :-)

Comment by ragincajun – December 20, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeaaaaa….good idea. Can’t wait for NCIS: N.O.

Comment by AnotherShadeOfBlue – December 20, 2013 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not watching because I hate Voight. He’s the one who had ‘Hallie’, Casey’s fiancé, killed. NEVER NEVER NEVER WILL WATCH CHICAGO PD….NEVER!!

Comment by Nancy – December 20, 2013 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL!! You do realize this isn’t real, right! And he did not have Hallie killed. She was murdered by drug dealers stealing drugs from the clinic she worked at and then they started the clinic on fire. There’s more to the story but even though Voight knew who killed Hallie he was not directly responsible.

Comment by wrstlgirl – December 20, 2013 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually Nancy, it was the shows writers who did that, but think what you will I guess, far be it from me to try to influence the minds of other television fans. I learned my lesson on the POI boards.

Comment by Dan Hetland – December 20, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy Sophia Bush is sticking around and hopefully see her kick some butt. Can’t wait to tune in on January 8th.

Comment by Tran 2.0 – December 20, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree about Sophia Bush sticking around! She’s the major reason I’m excited for this show!

Comment by Tommy – December 20, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was looking forward to Scott Eastwood. Bummer about that.

Comment by Jared – December 20, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are they posting such old news?

Comment by Shaun – December 20, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly what I was thinking. Wasn’t this common knowledge back in the summer? How exactly is this an “exclusive”?

Comment by JC – December 20, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • There is a difference between common knowledge and confirmation. Confirmation makes it a new story.

Comment by JEst – December 20, 2013 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bingo! They’ve obviously been filming for some time (since the premier is two weeks from Wed). I imagine they have several episodes in the can. I suppose they have to generate some publicity.

Comment by DenverDean – December 21, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eastwood as eye candy was mistake removing!

Comment by DavidSask – December 20, 2013 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to know who JB Smoove’s agent is. Whoever it is they deserve a raise because that dude is in EVERYTHING! He is never not working.

Comment by Tookie Clothespin – December 20, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Being an ex Chicago Detective Sgt working out of Maxwell St. with 38yrs experience I hope Chicago P.D. is a good show. I wrote 2 books about my experience on the streets of Chicago, over 110 true stories. On occasion, due to circumstances I had to accomplish some things as a vigilante cop. I really liked being a cop. I’m sure the writers will do a good job and keep the show interesting.

Comment by Don Herion – December 20, 2013 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only reason I was gonna watch was Kelly Blatz, i didnt know he left the show. So sad for him, I thought this was gonna be his breaktrougth time

Comment by lourdes – December 20, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tania :(

Comment by ACm – December 21, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Folks, it is possible that a cop can go to jail and get back on the job. One case I know of was a detective I know was given immunity in federal court, he took the 5th which was his right. He spent a few months in jail because he wouldn’t testify. They had to release him and he returned to his former unit. But if a cop is convicted of a crime, he is through and the FAT LADY IS SINGING.

Comment by Don Herion – December 21, 2013 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FOUR actors have left the show already?!

Wow, this show must be great…

Comment by r0ckmypants – December 22, 2013 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey – rockmypants don’t give up on the show just yet, maybe those actors couldn’t handle the job. I recall a character on “Hill Street Blues” that would bite prisoners ears which is stupid in my opinion. It was filmed at my old station “Maxwell St.” I couldn’t believe they let the cop do that almost every episode. I hope the writers do the CPD justice & tell it like
      it really is out in the street.

Comment by Don Herion – December 22, 2013 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post