Exclusive

Exclusive: Chicago Fire Spin-Off Cuts Two Actors

Chicago PD CastThere are two officers down on NBC’s Chicago PD.

TVLine has confirmed exclusively that Scott Eastwood and Tania Raymonde, both of whom appeared in last season’s backdoor pilot episode of Chicago Fire that introduced the PD cast, will not be moving forward with the spin-off.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to More Than 100 January Premieres

According to sources, both actors quietly departed the series over the summer for creative reasons. They follow the June exits of Melissa Sagemiller (Law & Order: SVU) and Kelly Blatz (Glory Daze).

Sophia Bush (One Tree Hill), Patrick Flueger (The 4400) and Jesse Lee Soffer (Mob Doctor) were added to the cast shortly thereafter.

Chicago PD premieres Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 10/9c.

1. Esaul says:

Don’t recall who they were sadly. Still eager for this show!

• wordsmith says:

As I recall, they were the uniformed beat cops, so with the show moving to focus on the elite detective squad, “creative differences” may literally mean that the writers just didn’t need them anymore.

2. Liv Stabler says:

Awww man, Eastwood was the only reason I wanted to watch! :{

3. wrstlgirl says:

Yeah, I think most of us had already figured this out but now it’s confirmed. I really like Tania Raymonde but no sense in staying involved with something if you’re not happy with it. I’m really looking forward to the show as well.

4. JBrantley says:

I don’t blame them for leaving. Our family will not be watching due to the actor that played the dirty cop on several episodes of Chicago Fire last season. He ruined it for us.

• alison says:

If you had watched it you would know that he is not actually a dirty cop but acting under cover

• sara says:

It sounds like her criticism is of the actor himself and not the fact that he is an undercover cop acting like a dirty one.

• Lolita says:

If he was undercover why did he go to jail? He treated Casey like a dog because he wanted Casey to fix the report that his drunk son caused a accident and paralyzed a innocent driver, He is a convicted felon and now he is the boss of a team of cops? Thai is ridiculous . What is he gonna show them, how to break the law while upholding it?

• He is? I watched those episodes and didn’t get that. Thanks for the clarification.

• Dys says:

Michael Sacal, towards the end of last season there was a scene where he got into a car with a handler played by Robin Weigert, where it revealed that his new role is to use his history of being dirty as an in with criminals. I had to watch the scene twice to pick up on it so I can see why you didn’t catch it. I’m sure that a lot of people didn’t.

• JEst says:

At this point (and at the end of Chicago Fire last season) that is what he is doing, but when messing with Casey (and prior to that) it wasn’t for undercover purposes.

• Now he’s under cover, doesn’t change that he was dirty,and wanted special privileges for his son…

• Aeol says:

Are you talking about Voight? Because he actually is a bad guy. In fact, the promos for the show highlight how it will actually be a struggle between how good cops (Dawson) and bad cops (Voight) get the job done.

• Lolita says:

Hi, what I am struggling with is how can he possibly be a convicted dirty cop, go to jail. And then come out and get rewarded by being the boss of an elite team of cops this makes absolutely no sense. Even for TV this is stretching it. If it had been known he was undercover that would be a different thing. But he played in quite a few episodes as a dirty cop. The way he treated Casey was sickening. Now he is back on the police force, give me a break.

• Mary Ann says:

I totally agree with the posters who will not be watching this show because of Voight. The reason he went after Casey was because of his son’s DUI. He made Casey’s life miserable. They wrote the show in a way that made me hate him, and now they want me to watch a show that he is the star of? Not happening.

• Mary Ann says:

Oh, and I came to read this story because I was hoping one of the actors that had been cut was the one that played Voight. No such luck.

5. Kyle C. says:

:( terrible news. Tania was a good addition and Eastwood was the main eye candy.

6. ragincajun says:

Cool, that means Eastwood is available for the NCIS NOLA pilot now!!!! :-)

7. Nancy says:

I’m not watching because I hate Voight. He’s the one who had ‘Hallie’, Casey’s fiancé, killed. NEVER NEVER NEVER WILL WATCH CHICAGO PD….NEVER!!

• wrstlgirl says:

LOL!! You do realize this isn’t real, right! And he did not have Hallie killed. She was murdered by drug dealers stealing drugs from the clinic she worked at and then they started the clinic on fire. There’s more to the story but even though Voight knew who killed Hallie he was not directly responsible.

• Dan Hetland says:

Actually Nancy, it was the shows writers who did that, but think what you will I guess, far be it from me to try to influence the minds of other television fans. I learned my lesson on the POI boards.

8. Tran 2.0 says:

So happy Sophia Bush is sticking around and hopefully see her kick some butt. Can’t wait to tune in on January 8th.

9. Jared says:

I was looking forward to Scott Eastwood. Bummer about that.

10. Shaun says:

Why are they posting such old news?

• JC says:

Exactly what I was thinking. Wasn’t this common knowledge back in the summer? How exactly is this an “exclusive”?

• JEst says:

There is a difference between common knowledge and confirmation. Confirmation makes it a new story.

• DenverDean says:

Bingo! They’ve obviously been filming for some time (since the premier is two weeks from Wed). I imagine they have several episodes in the can. I suppose they have to generate some publicity.

11. DavidSask says:

Eastwood as eye candy was mistake removing!

12. Tookie Clothespin says:

I want to know who JB Smoove’s agent is. Whoever it is they deserve a raise because that dude is in EVERYTHING! He is never not working.

13. Don Herion says:

Being an ex Chicago Detective Sgt working out of Maxwell St. with 38yrs experience I hope Chicago P.D. is a good show. I wrote 2 books about my experience on the streets of Chicago, over 110 true stories. On occasion, due to circumstances I had to accomplish some things as a vigilante cop. I really liked being a cop. I’m sure the writers will do a good job and keep the show interesting.

14. lourdes says:

The only reason I was gonna watch was Kelly Blatz, i didnt know he left the show. So sad for him, I thought this was gonna be his breaktrougth time

15. Don Herion says:

Folks, it is possible that a cop can go to jail and get back on the job. One case I know of was a detective I know was given immunity in federal court, he took the 5th which was his right. He spent a few months in jail because he wouldn’t testify. They had to release him and he returned to his former unit. But if a cop is convicted of a crime, he is through and the FAT LADY IS SINGING.

16. r0ckmypants says:

FOUR actors have left the show already?!

Wow, this show must be great…

• Don Herion says:

Hey – rockmypants don’t give up on the show just yet, maybe those actors couldn’t handle the job. I recall a character on “Hill Street Blues” that would bite prisoners ears which is stupid in my opinion. It was filmed at my old station “Maxwell St.” I couldn’t believe they let the cop do that almost every episode. I hope the writers do the CPD justice & tell it like
      it really is out in the street.