Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Bones, Castle, NCIS, Once, Arrow, Supernatural, TVD and More!

Castle Rick Kate Move TogetherIs Castle on the move? Are Bones and Booth on a “road to ruin”? Who is returning to NCIS? Will Arrow host a family feud? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 150+ December Finales, January Premieres and More

With Castle on hiatus until January 6, have you been privy to anything happening when they return in the new year? –Kate
Sigh. Sorry, There’s only this bit of casting…. For Episode 15 aka “Smells Like Teen Spirit” (which otherwise revolves around the “mean girl” community at a tony prep school), the ABC drama is casting the role of a perky Realtor. WAIT A SECOND, HOLD THE PHONE. Are you thinking what I’m thinking?!

Any additional intel regarding how this season’s Bones cliffhanger will “change the landscape of the show”? It has me a little worried. —Jennifer
Relax. It’s going to be OK. EP Stephen Nathan went on to tell Ausiello that the potentially premise-altering twist does not pertain to Booth and Brennan’s personal life. “They’re not getting divorced or anything,” he assured. “We’re not going through nine seasons and then send them on the road to ruin. That’s not going to happen. They could be on a road to ruin but it’s not a personal ruin. They’re fine.”

RELATED | Bones Season 9 Casting News — [Spoiler] Is Returning!

I was wondering if you could give me any scoop on NCIS, preferably on McGee or on the return of Susanna Thompson as Hollis Mann. –Ted
I choose… the pretty lady. Show boss Gary Glasberg told me that in addition to playing a “key role” in the Case of the Week when the CBS drama returns on Jan. 7, Ms. Mann also “has this huge back story, in some really terrific scenes with Mark Harmon/Gibbs.”

Any chance we’ll see Wendy Makkena’s character back on NCIS this season? –Mel
As a matter of fact, yes, Dr. Cranston’s services will be needed come Episode 14. But why…?

I am looking to find a recording of the ending song from this week’s NCIS holiday episode. I thought it was beautiful –Joanna
“Nothing More,” by the group Alternate Routes, is available for 99 cents at iTunes — and all proceeds benefit newtownkindness.org.

RELATED | Meet the Agents of NCIS: New Orleans — Plus a Few Off-the-Cuff Casting Suggestions

The Arrow midseason finale was epic!! Any scoop on what’s to come in later episodes? –Jennifer
Given all that has transpired since she last visited – e.g. Sara’s super-secret “resurrection,” Laurel’s downward spiral – Alex Kingston’s encore as Dinah Lance promises to be a doozy. “Episode 14 is probably the most Brothers & Sisters episode we’ve done,” showrunner Andrew Kreisberg says, with a nod to fellow EP Greg Berlanti’s ABC drama. “Everyone in the Lance family has big secrets and it’s all going to get blown wide open, but in a good way.” But will copious amounts of wine be consumed?

I’m really digging Jared Padalecki’s dual portrayal of Sam and Ezekiel on this season of Supernatural, but I’m a bit bummed that we only got one episode of Tahmoh Penikett as the angel. Any hope of him returning to the role once Zeke is inevitably kicked out of Sam’s body? –Grace
Executive producer Jeremy Carver hints that “we might” see the BSG alum portray Gadreel at some point. “There are lots of different ways, shapes and forms people can appear on the show. Past, present…,” he notes. “People shouldn’t rush to any one conclusion. Just know there are a lot of different ways he could appear.”

Any Vampire Diaries scoop? Especially something about Caroline? –Chery
If you’re by chance nosing around for a lead on a possible new romance for the unlucky in love lass, EP Caroline Dries is right there with ya. “That’s kind of a joke in the 100th episode. When it comes out about Stefan and Katherine sleeping together, Caroline’s like, ‘What?! Why the heck am I the only one not getting any?'” Dries previews. “Hopefully, we’ll find her somebody new.”

RELATED | Vampire Diaries Boss Previews ‘Delena’ Troubles, Katherine’s Future and More

Do you have news you can share about the upcoming season of Dallas on TNT? — @pattydrake2
If you were looking for a sizeable time jump between Seasons 2 and 3, you won’t get it. EP Cynthia Cidre told me the new season picks up just 12 or so hours later, though before the premiere is over there’s also a one-week fast-forward.

This week’s Person of Interest was incredible. Do you have any spoilers on where we go next with the Control storyline? –Bradley
Careful now, because where the show is heading next involves much more than Control. Or Vigilance. Because in addition to those two shady organizations, another adversary will surface in Episode 12. As EP Jonah Nolan explains with a wicked laugh, “We like things to be as messy as possible!”

Hey Matt, got any Mentalist scoop for us? – Tea
Here’s a little one — meaning, literally, a little one. As in the reappearance of Rigsby’s son. The show is currently scouting 4 to 5-year old lads to take over the role in Episode 15.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Season 3B — Scoop on Rumplestiltskin’s Fate

I think I remember a reference to my fave Disney princess, Jasmine, showing up on either Once Upon a Time or Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. But with so much Jafar and Agrabah in Wonderland, I can’t help but wonder if we’ll see Aladdin on either show. –Audrey
Not sure where you saw said “reference,” but delete that bookmark, pronto. Presented with the idea of Jasmine or Aladdin showing up on either Once series any time soon, EP Eddy Kitsis assured me, “That is not true.” So don’t pack your bags for Vancouver just yet, Azita and Sendhil!

Would you know what the Wicked Witch’s name is on Once Upon a Time? There’s some speculation that it’s Elphaba (from the Wicked musical) while others think it’s Theodora (from the Disney-owned Oz, The Great and Powerful). Also, It seems that all the major villains in the show so far are related to Henry. Will the Wicked Witch be related to him as well? –Natalie
As a matter of fact, I address both those questions, my pretty, in the upcoming installment of Spoiler Alert!, posting Saturday.

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email InsideLine@tvline.com(With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. 206episodesofBones says:

This is one of the main reasons why I love Bones so much. It may have taken them 6 years to become a couple but they are now together in the forever kind of way. Any drama comes from outside the two of them and I say bring it on :)

2. ScrubsGuy says:

Nice PoI scoop although I wish I missed it for the surprise. That show burns through more story lines in 3 weeks than some shows do in an entire season – and yet somehow, they make it all stick. My fingers are crossed for an “Elias 2.0″ villain – preferably still played by Enrico Colantoni. Can’t wait for January!

• wordsmith says:

My bet is that the new big bad is somehow going to be Samaritan. how awesome would it be to have Good Machine vs. Evil Machine?

• DL says:

Naw, I LOVE the dynamic with Elias as their “frienemy.” Even though he pops up sparingly, Colantoni is so amazing that he’s easily one of my favorite characters on the show. And I don’t like to see my favorites at odds! ;)
      I’d much rather see Elias and the “Machine Team” keep up their uneasy friendship. Certainly, I’d welcome a few wrinkles here and there, but I wouldn’t want to see them become real enemies again.

3. Dan says:

So no Aladdin or Jasmine ever?? That’s really odd, especially considering that both are extremely popular Disney characters (three movies, a TV series, and endless 90s-era kids as fans). Plus they’ve already established Agrabah as a “world” on both series, so why not?

• Cory says:

The answer didn’t say ‘never’, it was to the question of ‘anytime soon’. So there may be a storyline with either Princess in the future, just not this season.

• kavyn says:

It’s a shame the ratings for Wonderland are so low, I think Aladdin and Jasmine would have been a great addition to the spin-off. The main show is already heavy on main characters.

4. Just one thing says:

Re: the realtor in the awesomely titled episode — Good fodder for an episode, sure. But they ain’t movin’.

5. Mrs. Peele says:

I thought Tahmoh Penikett who is zeke/madreel in sam at the moment, was supposed to have several episodes with supernatural, not just one. thought i read that in one of tv line’s own articles a while back. i even shared it with a couple of fan groups. was i wrong?

• Mo says:

I thought I remembered that too. I hope he gets to come back also, but the way they’ve worded this makes me wonder if he might be back as someone other than Ezekiel/Gadreel.

6. as524 says:

Thanks for the Dallas scoop – never seem to hear enough of that show…

Re: NCIS –
    1 – really hoping this appearance by Holllis is a one-shot. Wasn’t thrilled with the character when she was a semi-regular

2 – absolutely LOVE the news that we’re getting more of Dr. Kate’s sister. just LOVE that character & would really like to see more of her

• Alisa Neely says:

i agree 100% with you, about hollis mann….could NOT stand her…..and wish, she’s STAY GONE…..ugh…..and WHERE was the spoiler for MCGEE????

• sheila says:

i loved susannah thompson on ncis. i also think that emily wick???, replcmnt for ziva is gr8. she’s quirky & her character fits right into the ensemble cast. ziva was gr8 but i’m very satisfied with the new female character

7. Joni says:

I purchased “Nothing More” by Alternate Routes. Beautiful song and wonderful that the proceeds are going to newtownkindness.org. I loved how it was used during “NCIS” – ‘Homesick’. It, like Kangaroo Cry from the episode”Faith” left me in tears.

8. Joni says:

On another “NCIS” announcement: Love that Wendy Makkena is coming back as “Dr Kate’s Sister” aka: Rachel Cranston is coming back. Wondering if a picture Michael tweeted of himself as a Biblical figure might be the episode she’s in.

9. jenferner8 says:

Frankly I would have preferred the McGee spoiler, I never cared much for Mann or Susana in the role.

10. Bella says:

I loved Hollis Mann the best of all the potential love interests they’ve had for Gibbs. Couldn’t stand the Rena Sofer lawyer or the Jamie Lee Curtis shrink. Colonel Mann was a grownup and there was no drama or game-playing with her.

• DL says:

I agree about Mann as my favorite Gibbs love interest. Surprised to see so much dislike on the comments above; never realized she was such a divisive character!

• kath says:

I liked Hollis Mann too, but when you see Susanna Thompson’s terrific work on Arrow, it’s really obvious how hobbled she was in the NCIS role.

• sheila says:

susanna thompson was terrific in star trek voyager as borg queen too. she’s a good actress & its nice to see shes getting work

• NoChance says:

I didn’t like her giving orders to Gibbs team and him letting her do it. I also didn’t like that they didn’t know what to call her and she got a kick out of their discomfort. And really didn’t like her badgering Ducky into telling her personal stuff about Gibbs ant to top it off confronting him in the elevator about Shannon and Kelly. And really really didn’t like her backing Gibbs around his basement pressing him for a commitment – she sounded desperate to land him.
      Hope this is a one-off visit and she goes bye-bye again.

• Alisa Neely says:

i totally agree with you…..i didn’t like her for allllllll those reasons….and i HATED, that gibbs just stood there and let her get away with it…..i don’t care if she was a COL. , they did NOT work for her….she was NOT, their boss.

• Kathy Agel says:

She gave orders to Gibbs’s team in that episode because Director Shepard had placed her in charge of that particular investigation.

• arial2 says:

Unlike you, I never liked the character (although Susanna Thompson is a good actor) and especially as a love interest for Gibbs. I hope this is a one-time-only appearance. I loved Diane Neal’s most recent episode and the comments between she and Gibbs at the end. I’m not sure how I’d feel about her as a love interest, but I’d like to have the writers try to convince me that they could develop feelings for each other (she has the requisite red hair, after all – lol).

• Stormy says:

IMO the NCIS writers leave a lot to be desired when writing for female characters [except Abby]. Having said that, I still wish they would bring in Tea Leoni as a love interest for Gibbs.

• HereThere says:

How about River Song, sorry Alex Kingston back playing that fixer? That character was alright. They are in DC, surely there should be more political games to play.

• vicki says:

What a waste of time the Jamie Lee Curtis episodes were. She “had to get a sitter for her son”? He would have to be about 35 years old. Give me a break.

11. Omega says:

And here I thought Cyrus was basically a mesh of Genie and Aladdin already.

12. Spoiler Junkie says:

Wow!! Another new adversary on Person of Interest. And that too in the next episode after the cliffhanger we were left with at the end of S03E11. This season is on fire.

Who could be this new adversary?

13. Spotteddog says:

Glad to hear that more OUAT info is coming. Right now it would appear that Rumplestilskin (sp?) is dead…

14. Jared says:

Now that The CWs Beauty & the Beast seems to be on its last legs, Sendhil Ramamurthy would be great as Aladdin on OUAT. Great actor and perfect casting. ABC lets make this happen for next season!

15. Traci says:

Curious why Rigsby’s son is needed when Rigsby left the show…

16. Jill says:

I’m thinking the Bones finale will put Booth in peril and it will be up to Bren and the team to find him, a win for both Booth and Brennan fans. Thank you Stephan Nathan, after 9 years a B & B breakup or divorce would just do me in. This is fantasy land, let’s make them have a happy ending……..sometime down the road, in season 23.

17. LPala says:

If Arrow’s episode 14 means there’s a lot of Laurel, then forget it. She’s the least liked character on the show.

• Ella says:

Speak for yourself. I for one will be glad to see more of Laurel. Enough of this Olicity nonsense. It’s made a perfectly exciting action show into a teenage soap opera.

• magreeda says:

You don’t have to be a Olicity fan to think (and frankly, know) that Laurel is the worst character on Arrow. I don’t know in what combination the faults lie between the actress and the writing, but she’s horrible, full stop. I don’t watch this show for the romance, so I don’t really have a dog in that fight, but without Tommy to make her likable, Laurel is a waste of time on this show, IMO.

• Eliza says:

I feel that Laurel is just extremely badly written, she is always the damsel in distress, I just don’t see a real character yet, I like felicity as a character because she has a chance to show her strenght, we can see she is smart and sweet because she gets to show it on screen. Laurel is so poorly written that even though she is a lawyer and everyone is in love wih her ( olli,tommy,DA guy, sebastian) we don’t really get to see why they like her or how good she is as a lawyer. And the damsel in distress thing makes it really unbelieveble that she will grow to be black canary…

• RichieS says:

Why is everyone in love with Laurel? Maybe because all the other single girls in Starling City are in love with Ollie thereby leaving only Laurel to pursue.

18. Patty says:

NCIS:LA WILL THEY STILL KEEP THE FEMALE OFFICER WHO WAS ABRUPTLY TRANSFERRED OUT DUE TO HER ROMANTIC LINKS WITH THE OTHER COP. WILL WE SEE HER AGAIN Q

• Pat says:

I am assuming that you are referring to Kenzi. Yes, you will see her again. They moved her out on a secret mission, due to her real life pregnancy. As a matter of fact, they are still showing her so it is not like her character disappeared.

19. Franklin B says:

The last three or four NCIS A.Z.(after Ziva) episodes have been pretty lame.Did the good writers leave with her? My wife and I love the show but jeezum-petes!

• kath says:

I think there’s always been a problem with the female characters on the show (loved Borins, liked Hollis Mann but they’re both too infrequently used). But when Ziva left, I lost interest. There was something that she brought to the show that made it different from the same old, same old CBS procedural.

• Kathy Agel says:

I was talking with friends on a non-entertainment website, and the discussion turned to NCIS. Half the people mentioned that they’d stopped watching when Ziva was written out. A couple of the others stayed on as viewers, but weren’t impressed by Ellie Bishop at all (yes, I’m one of those, and I’ve made the comment here and elsewhere that if the Bishop character had originated in fanfiction, readers would be screaming that she’s a Mary Sue). Granted, if they’re not hooked up to the Neilsen ratings scheme (the negative inference of the Nielsens is intentional), their defection won’t affect the ratings, but those are people the show has either lost, or who aren’t happy with the current direction.

My husband no longer watches semi-live (we start watching the show on our DVR 15 minutes in so we can skip commercials), and he has no interest in repeats of this season. We just finished a mini-marathon of last season and he doesn’t want to watch the Ziva-less eps of this season again. And this is coming from a non-fan, someone who doesn’t read entertainment websites (sorry, Matt) and who has absolutely no contact with online fandom (other than his interaction with me, of course). He’s one of those who got hooked thanks to USA (I’ve been a viewer since the 2-ep backdoor pilot on JAG, which I watched from the first ep, and nearly 10 years later, I’m still angry at its cancellation), and he’ll still sit in the living room and watch the USA eps when they’re on — despite the fact that the entire run of pro DVDs is in a DVD cabinet about 15 feet from his recliner. At any rate, he’s a representative of what I call ‘mundane fans’ — people who watch the show but don’t go the extra yard to become involved in the fandom. The people I mentioned above are members of this subset of viewers, and a lot of them aren’t happy.

• Angie says:

I do agree with your comment about the last 3-4 episodes went from “shoot ‘em up-bang bang”
      to a show similar to baby sitting. These writers need to get their crap together, what happened to all the “shooting” episodes???? I know Ziva is gone (glad to say) but jeez we had crime & drama before Ziva, let’s not lose it guys…….PLEASE!!! NCIS is one of my FAVORITE programs, please keep it like that…….

• leia says:

Good grief why does every episode have to be violent? I like episodes that make you think, have an uplifting message. The NCIS Christmas episode was wonderful. That the word Christmas was even uttered was amazing. Looking forward to seeing what Hollis Mann did, after Hawaii. Seems she went back into government work perhaps. I wasn’t fond of her character but she did occupy a part of Gibbs life for a while. He’s changed some as he’s aged, has she?

• Mel says:

I think the post-Ziva episodes have been much better than most of the past few seasons. For the first time in awhile, the team is acting like a family again, and working together. They actually act like they care about each other again, instead of bashing each other with snark and humiliation. They still have some kinks to work out with Bishop, but I find her enthusiasm and sweetness, and the fact that she’s accountable for her mistakes, like a breath of fresh air.

Thanks for the NCIS and Castle scoops, Matt. Have a happy holiday.

20. jen says:

Caroline really don’t need to find someone new….Klaus is coming back to MF in 5×14 or something,,..and Mabye she can hookup with him… :)

21. kath says:

Re Castle scoop…. I’m thinking they’re going to go to a posh private school like they did in season 1?

Excited for the return of Sara and Dinah Lance on Arrow. Not so much for more Lance family drama though.

While we’re normally more critical of TV shows pushing the envelope on what we know in real life, I thought that Dr. Cranston was the worst character tNCIS has ever created. Completely lacking in professional ethics, totally self-absorbed, and a very bad therapist (how did she ever get licensed when she couldn’t even tell the difference between a fugue state and a head injury?)– they should have left her off the show permanently. Wendy Makkena did the best she could but the character gives psychiatry as bad name.

22. Marie says:

Does anyone know what Ziva is doing now – Hopefully she is well rested and will come back to NCIS. She was the best female agent they had on the show and she is sorely missed. Keep hoping for news that she will return….

• Gab says:

I am hoping for her swift return. I cannot bear to watch any of Ziva-less NCIS. I am splurging on reruns. I am now going to pop in a DVD right now because I am missing the whole team.

• NoChance says:

Cote decided not to come back so they had to write out Ziva. If she was coming back I don’t think Emily Wickersham would have been made a regular. Lots of TV shows go through cast changes – look at MASH and Law and Order and ER. All had changes and all were still successful. With NCIS it’s still the #1 show (other than sports sometimes) so it’s not suffering in the ratings. Just the other day I read that the top 100 shows for the TV season so far and NCIS tops it.

• Dmac says:

I understand how much you like Ziva but you are going to have to give it up, she is gone. NCIS did not fail without her, the show is still pulling in high numbers. One character does not a make a show and it is time to put it to rest.

23. Pat says:

I am trying to keep an open mind for the character,of Bishop on NCIS, but it is getting hard for me. She is OK as an extra on the show but not as a main character let alone an NCIS AGENT.

• Cindy says:

I thinnk the BIshop character is great! she isn’t intimidated by Gibbs )though she did want his approval) and she certainty put that other woman (I forget her official position but she apparently can puts people in fear) in her place. And she is a good fighter. She fits in nicely with the rest of the team and is a good replacement for the Ziva character, though I was sorry to see her go. Since apparently she has a husband I guess she is not the new romantic interest for Tony that was hinted at a while ago. I forgot who were the other characters mentioned until I read the comments, but then I remembered and I did like the colonel and thought there was good chemistery between her and Gibbs
      Both Christmas eps were wonderful — the comic one was one of the funniest shows on t.v. –better than many so-called comedies; and the last one was very moving and full of the Christmas spirit (love and forgiveness)

24. Becca says:

O.k. so for Castle I’m guessing that either the realtor is either a suspect in a case OR Kate’s selling her apartment. Hoping for the second, as much as I love her apartment!

• Carl says:

Maybe Martha and Alexis will stay in Castle’s apartment and Beckett and Castle will get themselves a really neat loft in Brooklyn Heights. Each will have their own space and their shared space until they tie the knot.

25. Rich Abey says:

Castle looking for a Realtor! Either this ‘Realtor’ is involved in a murder or are Caskett on the move? The latter more unlikely as Kate just moved in with Rick but still anything is possible…

• prish says:

Perhaps a house?

• jay says:

beckett hasnt officially moved in with castle. shes got her old apartment still. so my guess is maybe she puts her apartment up for sale then maybe castle decides to give martha the apartment that way they’d get the loft to themselves without any interruptions.

26. BrianR says:

Since Elena and Damon broke up now she and Caroline can hook up. everyone loves vampire lesbians.

27. Thank you for the information about NCIS – I’m excited to see Hollis and Rachel again. I hope the goings-on between Hollis and Gibbs are good. She was the best woman for him of all the ones we’ve seen except Shannon. And apart from the ladies, you really need to tell the NCIS PTB that they need to kill off or otherwise get rid of the disgusting Delilah. She has no place in McGee’s life, and they’re slapping the fans in the face by pushing their relationship. Go McAbby!!!

• Dmac says:

No no no no more inter office romances. Abby and McGee are just friends and should stay that way. I am so sick of shippers taking over, not all shows are romance driven. Tiva sucked the life out of NCIS and it needs to stop.

• John 1138 says:

I agree, the characters moved on years ago.

• Kathy Agel says:

Did they, really? Abby has always been uncomfortable and shown jealousy whenever Tim was involved with another woman, and Tim has been the same way when Abby showed interest in another guy. (And, like it or not, office romances are a staple of real life — I met my husband at work and we’ll be married 34 years in April, and I know a rather large number of other couples who also met at work and enjoy successful long-term marriages.)

• Alisa Neely says:

i agree….in some lines of work….it’s really the ONLY place to 1 can find a “love”….as long as the romance does NOT get in the way of the pair’s work….i see NOTHING wrong with it…..HOWEVER, “tiva” was just NOT the right pairing for tony…..as for “McAbby” : i’m sure, if that’s a good pairing either.

28. Derek Johnson says:

Matt, 1 thing I’d like to hear you & Ausellio address is if you thought that OUAT is rebooting too quickly. I mean, they’ll have to do it at some point, but doing it 2 & a half seasons in is extremely ambitious. This like 24’s post season 4, all-new-cast-save-Chloe reboot.
    Can’t wait for SA.

29. Sara says:

TVD: The last thing Caroline needs is another love interest. She’s already been with Matt (Season 1/2) & Tyler (Season 2-5) and there was the short-lived Jesse thing (Season 5), the time she slept with Damon (Season 1) and then he started compelling her. Then there’s also Klaus (Season 3/4).

30. Rachel says:

Why does Caroline need to be with somebody? Why can’t one of them be single for christ sake??? When was the last time Caroline or Elena was single? They need to be by themselves with no boys.

31. Anisa says:

In OUAT in Wonderland, I thought the Will is Aladdin, with him as a thief and since Anastacia is royalty, she is Jasmine.

32. cherry says:

I agree with the person who says Delilah needs to go, but from what i read they are going to further the relationship along. The next new show, he wants time off to go to a black tie affair honoring Delilah. I am wondering if this is the show that pauley was saying that you are going to see a new sexy McGee. He is also going to go through some things in future episodes. hopefully this means he breaks up with Delilah. Go McAbby.

33. lucy haresign says:

as an NCIS fan I wasn’t sure about this season but its has gotten better. I dislike the fact that Mann is coming back , of course I don’t want Gibbs involved with any character(jealousy I guess keep him single!) I’m not a writer but I’ d like to see the spirited Gibb’s like when the show first aired!

34. kelly says:

Is there any way that Susanna Thompson could be a regular on NCIS and on Arrow? Of all the women in Gibbs’ life, her Hollis Mann was, by miles, my favorite. I didn’t feel any chemistry with any other potential love interests, like Rena Sofer’s Ms Hart or actual love interests like Jamie Lee Curtis’ Dr Ryan.

• Alisa Neely says:

GOD, please NOOOOOOOOOOO…..i could NOT stand hollis mann, when she was around before….she had NO RESPECT for jethro’s PRIVACY…..going behind his back to get information on him from his friends/co-workers……ORDERING “TEAM GIBBS” around, as if she had the RIGHT to do it…..i was glad to hear, she’d RETIRED.

• Kathy Agel says:

Wait a minute — you’ve never asked people for information on someone you were interested in? I had no problem with Mann doing that. It’s human nature. If you’re interested in a person, you talk to their friends and work conversations around to that person. Some people are just more subtle about it than others.

And Mann gave orders to Gibbs’s team in that particular episode because she had been placed in charge of the investigation by the NCIS Director Jenny Shepherd, because Gibbs was too close to the case — one of the suspects was one of his ex-wives. So yes, she DID have the right to order them around.

• Alisa Neely says:

every time mann worked with the team she GAVE orders….and if you noticed, TEAM GIBBS always looked to THEIR BOSS…..i.e. GIBBS, before following her orders….also, it should have been a JOINT thing….and NOT all cases involved jethro’s ex-wives.

and she should have RESPECTED there was stuff he did NOT want to talk about….she went through drawers and such….she was NOSEY…..you DON’T go behind someone’s back….he was NOT a SUSPECT.

so i DISAGREE…..

• And the other time she was in command, even Gibbs recognized that the Army trumped NCIS. I thought they were very good about recognizing whose territory was whose, and the team didn’t seem to mind because they slipped into it very naturally. And when Tony, Tim, and Ziva called her “boss,” Gibbs didn’t seem at all bothered by it. They behaved like mature adults.

35. Arina says: