Brooklyn Nine-Nine Exclusive: Look Who's Playing Captain Holt's Mysterious Husband

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Marc Evan Jackson Brooklyn Nine-NineCaptain Holt’s better half is finally showing his face.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine will be introducing the husband of Andre Braugher’s veteran cop in early 2014, and TVLine has learned exclusively that he will be played by actor-comedian Marc Evan Jackson (aka no-nonsense lawyer Trevor Nelsson on Parks and Recreation, which just so happens to be exec produced by Nine-Nine boss Mike Schur).

PHOTOS | Early Emmys Watch: 15 Shows or Stars that Could (or Should) Shake Up the Old Guard

The 99th precinct will meet the mysterious Kevin when he invites them to Holt’s birthday party at their home.

Super-silly spoiler: Among the Kevin-related revelations in this episode will be his last name — Cozner. As in close enough to Kevin Costner to make some members of the precinct think Holt is married to the Oscar-winning actor.

RELATED | Midseason Calendar: Find Out When Your Favorite Show Will Return

Fox’s rookie comedy, which last week snagged two major Golden Globe nominations, returns from its holiday hiatus on Tuesday, Jan. 7.

Comments (14)

• Not at all who I imagined. I was really hoping for Kyle Secor.

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – December 19, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oooh good call! Opportunity missed, shame…

Comment by Moriarty's pocket protector – December 19, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too!! I was hoping that it would be Bayliss (Kyle Secor) from Homicide: Life on the Streets. They had so much chemistry!

Comment by KCC – December 19, 2013 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was hoping for Kyle Secor too!

Comment by Kate – December 19, 2013 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES. I’m so glad I’m not alone in wanting that.

Comment by Laura E. – December 19, 2013 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is amazing! Sparks Nevada!

Comment by JohnD – December 19, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL! That’s the first thing I thought too. Glad I’m not the only one on here who knows about The Thrilling Adventure Hour.

Comment by Aimee – December 20, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s… from Earth.

Comment by A Balding Bombshell (@BaldyBombshell) – December 19, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooray for Sparkles! I love me some Marc Evan Jackson–he’s a wonderful actor. I highly recommend Suit Up, the digital series he stars in. The show has a channel on YouTube, so you can watch it for free.

Comment by DFW – December 19, 2013 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly can’t believe people are still watching this show. The main character is so annoying that I tuned out half way through episode 2.

Comment by Alanistic – December 20, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • People find entertainment in different ways. I watch this show, you write comments on articles about shows you don’t watch (which frankly just strikes me as a waste of time and time away from things you actually like), by hey, to each their own.

Comment by JohnD – December 20, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whew, when I read it was going to be someone from Parks & Rec I was afraid it would be the guy who plays Jamm.

Comment by Gertrude – December 20, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! B99 is awesome and I’m really interested in meeting Holt’s husband.

Comment by Apples – December 20, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kyle Secor would have been amazing choice. Producers missed a golden opportunity.

Comment by timetogo – December 21, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post