Exclusive

The Big Bang Theory Exclusive: Drake & Josh's Josh Peck Cast as Rival to [Spoiler]

Josh Peck The Big Bang TheoryPasadena’s comic book wars are about to heat up.

The Big Bang Theory has tapped Josh Peck (Nickelodeon’s Drake & Josh) to guest star as the mortal enemy of comic book “magnate” Stuart (Kevin Sussman), TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

“Josh will be playing the owner of the rival — and extremely successful — comic book store,” reveals Big Bang showrunner Steve Molaro, who adds that, unlike Stuart’s shop, the store owned by Peck’s character “is incredible looking and filled with customers.”

Fun fact: Molaro served as a writer on Drake & Josh.

Peck’s recent credits include a stint on The Mindy Project and a co-starring role in the Amazon pilot The Rebels.

His Big Bang episode is slated to air on Thursday, Jan. 9, one week after the CBS smash returns from its holiday hiatus.

1. Ant says:

This is a bad Christmas gift…

2. powerturtle90sdudemon says:

This is AWESOME! Also, he’s the current voice of Casey Jones on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :D

3. lariet50 says:

No idea who this is, but I like that they’re giving Stuart some airtime.

4. Renee says:

Is this a bigger step towards a comic book store spin-off?

5. Unlike Stewart’s store, his store probably sells more than just DC (probably Marvel), and that’s why it’s more successful.

6. Alan says:

so basically its going to be the simpsons episode from a few years ago that had jack black as a better comic book store owner than comic book guy, penny better not open a gym in stuart’s store if it closes down.

7. xmarisolx (@brieflydexter) says:

This is going to be so epicly amazing!

8. Aryn says:

Say what you will about Josh Peck, but I think this pairing has potential for some epic hilarity to light up the screen – I am thrilled to see Stuart and Josh’s character do battle. Josh is a fun guy to add as a guest star…now if we can get Drake Bell to come on as Penny’s brother/cousin/ex that’d be cool!

9. Joey says:

I read “mortal enemy” and immediately thought it would be to Sheldon, because really, who else has “mortal enemies” on this show? XD

• Snsetblaze says:

I was watching that episode last night regarding Will Weaton being taken off the mortal enemy list and Brent Spiner and the people who made old floppy discs being put on it. I was hoping this was one of the other 60 people on the list.

10. Pia says:

Oh my goodness I did NOT recognize him as Ray-Ron. I will have to go back and re-watch.

11. Joey says:

Glad Josh is gonna be on tv again. He is great on The Mindy Project.

12. Liz says:

More screen time for Stuart is always welcome! He’s delightful! And if they aren’t going to put Stuart & Raj together, let’s give Stuart a boyfriend or girlfriend. He’s a catch.

• suzi says:

I completely agree that more Stuart is always welcome. However, I can’t imagine them putting Stuart and Raj together, as neither character is gay. Raj’s eccentricities aside, they are simply two socially awkward, lonely men who have only shown interest in women. IMO, of course.

• Cindy says:

Yes, my heart goes out to stuart; he needs some happiness in his life; I’m glad the gang will make him part of their lives; he needs friends (everyone does) — and that girl — who was she? the awkward and odd girl? she’d be a great girlfriend for Stuart — and I’d love to see more of her!

13. Cybelle says:

quando vi escrito inimigo mortal logo pensei no Sheldon.. Mais ter Josh como convidado é sempre bom. Espero que Stuart & Raj não virem Gays, não por preconceito mais eles ñ sentem atração por homens apenas são dois caras rejeitados solitarios e meio depressivos por não conseguirem uma namorada, não faz sentido eles virarem gays..

14. layla says:

stuart is gonna kill himself!, he’s already suicida..loll!!

15. j says:

really? a guy from nickelodeon

16. Nadia says:

What song plays on this scene? I can’t find it!

17. Josh you did it you are the best keep up and be healthy!!!!!!