Bones Exclusive: Season 9 Ends on a Cliffhanger – Is Season 10 a Foregone Conclusion?

Get More: Exclusive, Renewals

Bones Season 10 RenewalRumors of Bones‘ imminent demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Despite concerns among fans that Fox sent the long-running drama to Fridays to die, Booth and Brennan have more than held their own on the ratings-chgallenged night. In fact, Bones producers have been so encouraged by the show’s resiliency that they’re looking ahead to a 10th season.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Renewed? What’s on the Bubble?

“We’re going out on a pretty big cliffhanger at the end of this [ninth] season,” exec producer Stephen Nathan tells TVLine. “It will change, at least temporarily, the landscape of the show. It really will be a very big shift in how Booth and Brennan will be dealing with crimes in the future.”

Since relocating to Fridays in mid-November, Bones‘ ratings have trended upward two consecutive times, with its most recent audience — 7 million viewers —  nearly matching its final Monday broadcast. It also placed No 1. in the 8 o’clock hour in its past two outings.

“I’m thrilled with the numbers on Friday,” Nathan enthuses. “It’s the first time in years that [Fox has] won that hour.”

However, should Fox pull the plug at the 11th hour, Nathan says a “contingency plan” is in place wherein the season finale could be turned into a series finale. And if that doesn’t satisfy fans, Nathan laughs, “Everybody can come over to my house and we’ll do a 10th season in the living room.”

Tags: ,

Comments (104)

• I have two words for you ‘The Glades’ ..

Comment by Katy (Fr) – December 18, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i have 2 more…the finder

Comment by Nikki Mondor-Coquete – December 18, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The finder ended because of the sudden death of “Leo”.

Comment by Tammy – December 18, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually no, the series was cancelled and he passed away shortly thereafter. He was an integral part of the show. Had it continued, it would have definitely been weird.

Comment by anonymous – December 18, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The Finder was great in a Sherlock-esque sort of way. As much as Michael Clark Duncan was wonderful in the role, there could have been others cast in order to make a different impact on the show. It just seems Fox likes to kick the cerebral show off the air, giving them only a certain leeway to perform (Cough..Firefly…Cough). Sadly, many of their shows strive towards the lowest common denominator of humor.

Comment by Heidi – December 19, 2013 12:02 PM PDT
    • Not really. They will be told one way or another if it’s going to be a season or series wrap with ample time….it’s not going to happen out of the blue. Fox will give them the heads up either way….Since a Fox big wig just called Bones their MVP today on twitter, I would say that’s a positive.

Comment by Jessica – December 18, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I just saw the tweet from “the masked scheduler” calling Bones Fox’s MVP. So nice to see, and well deserved, considering how well Bones is performing on Fridays, and how badly the rest of Fox shows are doing! Bones is winning the Friday time slot for the first time in many years, so I would say the odds of a season ten are excellent.

BTW, does anyone have an idea who this masked scheduler is? Is he/she connected to Fox in some way?

Comment by Doris – December 20, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Very.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 20, 2013 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Come over to Nathans house to complete season 10? If that happens you will more than likely find a huge fan base at your doorstep! Wanting to hurt someone for ditching the show.. It can’t happen, it has become a part of many of our lives and family,. It keeps getting better and better, Bones is the best show on TV.!

Comment by Susan – December 18, 2013 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love the thought of Bones being called Fox’s “MVP”. Does anyone have a link to that twitter quote, or know the big wig who made the comment? I’d love to see it!

On Bones being renewed for a tenth season, I think the odds are extremely good for one simple reason. As Nathan says in the article, it’s the first time in many years Fox is winning that Friday time slot. This truly makes Bones a ‘most valuable player’ in the eyes of the network. Not to mention, the rest of their shows are sucking big time. Bones is one of Fox’s few bright spots, and they know it. Let’s hope we hear the renewal news soon!

Comment by Doris – December 20, 2013 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glades was on A&E, and they can take a lesson from Fox, about how to finalize a show

Comment by Christy – December 30, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why cancel Glades being an older person I am so over realitity tv espescially (duck dynasity) to take off a good show for garbage does not make sense to me. I have no interest to watch any of your show.

Comment by linda – January 24, 2014 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A long shot here, but my bet is they are destroying their lab in the Jeffersonian or somehow they will be unable to continue working there idk.

Comment by Stefan – December 18, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a feeling the show will be given one last season. I don’t see Fox cancelling it just yet.

Comment by Steven – December 18, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Question for Michael: WHAT IS FOXES LONGEST RUNNING SCRIPTED SHOW?

Comment by English (@dancingwishy) – December 18, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oops, sorry about the typo.

Comment by English (@dancingwishy) – December 18, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Probably The Simpsons.

Comment by DarkDefender – December 18, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Forgot about The Simpsons… Maybe I should have been more specific… what about non animated shows?

Comment by English (@dancingwishy) – December 18, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I think 90210 and Married with Children are the only live action shows to go 10 or more seasons on fox. The Simpsons, King of the Hill, and Family Guy have all reached more than 10 as well.

Comment by d4h8a15r16m23a42 – December 18, 2013 02:15 PM PDT
          • The X Files lasted 9 seasons, but also had 2 movies.

Comment by Steven – December 18, 2013 04:45 PM PDT
          • Definitely would be BH90210 or Married with Children

Comment by darcywils – December 18, 2013 07:03 PM PDT
    • The Simpsons would be the longest running primetime scripted show of all time on any network. Several of their other animated shows have run for more than 10 seasons as well, but if you are talking about Fox’s longest running, live-action, scripted show, I believe that would be Married With Children, which ran for 11 seasons. But, Beverly Hills, 90210 ran for “only” 10 seasons, but had more episodes.

Comment by Sara – December 18, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The Simpsons is the longest running prime time scripted show, by number of seasons. But, not (yet) by number of episodes (530, so far). That record is still (for now) held by Gunsmoke (635).

Comment by Paul – December 20, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • X-Files.

Comment by Gary Rasmussen – December 31, 2013 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope that Bones is going to end after ten seasons even though David Boreanaz is exiting the show after this season.

Comment by Tran 2.0 – December 18, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • David Boreanaz is NOT leaving the show after this season. He is under contract until a 10th season and he has stated numerous times that he is not leaving the show. He loves doing the show.

Comment by Mar – December 18, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • please let me know when season 9 is coming to uk. xx

Comment by mary sealey – December 19, 2013 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please stick to quoting facts, “Tran.” Thank you.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 18, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Does make me laugh that some people still seem to insist David is going somewhere. Doubt they’d even believe him if he said it daily that he’s in for s10 it gets picked up. Lol

Comment by Katie T – December 18, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not getting my hope up too much…yet.

Comment by Sarah – December 18, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm, maybe Booth will go work with Danny in the CIA, at least on a case of two. Good news, I need more Bones, not done with it yet, but please writers, bring back kick ass Booth.

Comment by Jill – December 18, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Excellent point…I think it was mentioned that CIA Danny would have an affect on Booth somehow leading into S10, if they get a pick up….awesome!

Comment by Jess – December 18, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have a feeling that the cliffhanger will involve cast changes. I could see them dumping Cam, or Sweets, having them killed off. I think the cast seems to like the show, not like any of them have movie gigs, 10 years, with producer credits seems like enough to keep everyone around and hope to ride out the show for as long as it will carry them.

Comment by Mike – December 18, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They could send Cam and her strange boyfriend off somewhere. I wouldn’t mind that. For some reason I really dislike him.

Comment by cas – December 19, 2013 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I would LOVE to have Cam and the boyfriend go….besides borderline unethical, they creep me out. Brennan becomes Lab boss and Booth tries out the CIA. Sounds interesting to me!

Comment by Lois – December 19, 2013 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I vote for that, Cam needs to dump Arastoo, it’s gonna ruin her career, you cant go around boinking interns, it affects the other interns too, and btw, how long does it take to get through that program? They will all be retirement age before they graduated.

Comment by Jill – December 19, 2013 10:52 AM PDT
  • I’m pretty sure that they know something that we don’t know… Yes, there is no official statement about the renewal but still I think Bones crew knows something. I mean come on it’s a 9 year old show not 2 year old. And they’re doing great on Fridays other FOX shows couldn’t do THAT good..So I think FOX will give them a final season (maybe not 24 episode like this year but 13-15? )

Comment by Aria – December 18, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think they know anything official yet as Hart’s tweeted in the last couple of days that they’d say something as sin as they know. There’s no real reason why they wouldn’t say something if they knew officially. But I do think they’re very confident of s10 happening given how well they are doing on Fridays.
      As for how long s10 would be, I’d guess it will stay the length of a normal Bones season. That’s because to me shortened final seasons are only usually used for shows that are struggling in the ratings. I know networks are starting to give some new shows shorter seasons like cable does but I can’t see them doing it with the long running shows like Bones as it just means they’d have to create more new shows than normal at one time to fill the gaps

Comment by Katie T – December 18, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they know that the X-Factor sucks, Almost Human is toast, and the rest of the schedule consists of 2 sitcoms, Sleepy Hollow, American Idol and Gordon Ramsey.

Comment by Mike – December 18, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am ready for Season 10 & 11. This is a Great Show.

Comment by Rita Sioros – December 18, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HATE cliffhangers,

It’s not like the only reason I’ll tune back in the next Fall is to see whether Booth actually lives through the whatever….

Any numbers on cliffhanger versus non-cliffhanger season to season numbers out there?

Comment by John 1138 – December 18, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m okay with the show ending at ten. Despite numerous cliffhangers and twists, the show remains largely the same. End-of-season cliffhangers are largely always solved in the next season’s premiere.
    I would really like to see the return of the gravedigger or a copycat. They could enlist Zach’s help to catch him and I think it would be a great way for the show to come full-circle.

Comment by Bryce – December 18, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You mean the return of Gormogon?

Comment by Open Six – December 18, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN!!!! I watch faithfully….I’d vow to never watch T.V ever again if “BONES” ever gets cancelled!!!! and that’s bold!!!

Comment by Georgiana Goodspeed Amatuccio – December 19, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you remember right…there was a female associated with the gravedigger…would be nice if she took over where the gravedigger left off!!!

Comment by Georgiana Goodspeed Amatuccio – December 19, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, no, the Gravedigger WAS female and she was killed during the story arc with Booth’s sniper friend who went rogue… And was a totally different character/storyline from the one with Zach which was the cannibal sect fronted by “Gormogon”

Comment by Tina – December 19, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gravedigger is a woman….

Comment by Pat – December 19, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree if anything Season 10 should be the last but also this have come up in many convos that Zack will never come back. The Cast & Crew are annoyed when that question is brought up…

Comment by Techna (@TechnaDeschanel) – December 20, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I definitely think the show will be renewed for a tenth, final season and that’s fine with me. Ten seasons is pretty great. And I think the announcement will come just in time for the winter TCAs, like what happened last time.

Comment by Lynn – December 18, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You people do all know that Gormogon and the Gravedigger are both dead?

Comment by EL – December 18, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fictionally speaking, I wonder how much the FBI pays the Jeffersonian to consult on these cases. Don’t the FBI have their own forensic anthropologist. I hope the cliffhanger is something like the FBI no longer needing Bones and the Jeffersonian to help solve murders. No more cliffhangers about “will he/she die or not” or whatever cliche there is. They’ve been doing cliffhangers on the finale since season 7 I believe.

Comment by Shaun – December 18, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It would have to be fictionally speaking, since the Jeffersonian is a fictional museum. However, ACTUALLY speaking, the staff forensic anthropologist at the Smithsonian Institute consults for the FBI just as Brennan does. And, just like Brennan, does not get paid by the FBI for his consults but they are part of his job with the Smithsonian since his office is just across the mall from the FBI building. The FBI does not employ forensic anthropologists.

Comment by Desiree – December 18, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • First of all, Brennan is a woman so its her, not ‘his’. And as far as I know, there is no Smithsonian in the Bones universe since the Jeffersonian takes up it place. And just because their workplace is near together does not mean the Jeffersonian works for the FBI. Granted both are government institutions so maybe that is the reasoning that they work together. And I’m pretty sure the FBI hire medical professionals of their own.

Comment by Shaun – December 18, 2013 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Desiree is referring to the Smithsonian staff anthropologist at the Smithsonian who is apparently a man. She is saying that in real life, the FBI does consult with him and is not paid and that they do not employ forensic anthropologists. Mirroring this, the FBI on the show do not have their own anthropologist and thus will continue to consult with Bones.

Comment by SK – December 19, 2013 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • See, I’m not ready for ANY talk of the end. I’d stay tuned if they ran another 10 seasons. The writers have the talent as do the actors. If NCIS & Law n Order SVU can survive as long as they have why not Bones who most of us feel personally connected with?! I will be broken when they decide to end it.

Comment by Rachie – December 18, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not ready for Bones to end! It’s really the only show I consistently watch and I love it! They could do another 5-10 seasons and that’d be good for me LOL

Comment by Allison – December 18, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very very excited to hear about a possible 10th season of Bones. This show is very near and dear to my heart and its going to crush me when it ends! Emily and David are the best.

Comment by Elysium – December 18, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zach zach zach zach zach zach zach zach zach zach

Comment by Kevin – December 18, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was a fan of Bones from the beginning, but the whole Pellant(sp?) storyline just really jumped the shark for me.

Also it really bugs me that there is no consistancy to Bones’ characterisation. Some episodes she has grown but then others theres no progression and she is the same as the first season, with no concept of social mores or pop culture (which I find to believe in a supposed best selling author).
    The rotating squinterns is an annoyance too.

I really think it’s time to end this.

Comment by lovemunkey187 – December 18, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones is my favorite show I never miss it and watch all the reruns every chance I get Please Please don’t cancel that show. .

Comment by Patricia Belcher – December 18, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones needs to end this year because it has gotten really boring!! I stopped watching it half threw season 7 when they had that stupid baby and all of a sudden she was the focus of the show. I am sorry babies ruin tv shows for me because that is all the shows talk about and they become the focus of the show.

Comment by Marie – December 18, 2013 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wouldn’t be excited for another season either. But I don’t mind the baby.
      (there should be another season of The X Files instead of Bones :) but it’s only my opinion)

Comment by Danny – December 18, 2013 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously? 11 episodes into season 9 and we’ve seen Christine (and Michael for that matter) exactly once. I’d hardly call that being “the focus of the show”.

Comment by SNR – December 18, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So Bones needs to end this year because YOU don’t watch it? How very logical. And since you stopped watching when Christine arrived I think your view is invalid anyway. You can’t comment on how a show is if you haven’t watched it for two seasons! Especially when commenting on a child that has only made a handful of appearances in the time she’s been on the show!

Comment by Katie T – December 19, 2013 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt, How much do online viewers matter in a situation like this? I mean, yes the show got moved to the dead time slot, but does people watching the new episodes on sites like HuluPlus and Fox.com factor into their decisions? I mean, both online and TV have ads now, which I always figured was a big deciding factor in choosing what shows to keep. So if Bones was moved to Fridays and lost viewers, but gained them back (perhaps even more) online, would that (did that) have any influence over the season 10 decision?

Comment by Soopah Soopah Soopah – December 18, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Re-reading the article I see that Bones actually gained viewers on Fridays, so I’m dumb. However, I still would like to know the effect of my watching the Neighbors on Hulu each week (sometimes 2 or 3 times per episode), and if that will save the show. Or any show in general.

Comment by Soopah Soopah Soopah – December 18, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Also that Michael wrote the article. Oh man, my bad.

Comment by Soopah Soopah Soopah – December 18, 2013 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is Fox will renew Bones for one more season and then end it after 10 years.However if Fox does cancel it this sesaon i’m thinking the show will tape a secret ending that resolves everything and not have the show end on a cliffhanger.As for the cliffhanger maybe Booth gets a job offer away from the Smithsonian and D.C.

Comment by Andrew Hass – December 18, 2013 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keep the show going as long as possible. This show is the only reason I watch the fox channel after they canceled human target, to make way for xfactor(which sucks). If they cancel bones I won’t turn it on fox again.

Comment by Dwight – December 18, 2013 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I WATCH BONES ON TNT, THEY ONLY HAVE THE OLDER SEASONS,MAYBE THEY CAN GET SOME NEW ONES NOW…

Comment by Pat Cordell – December 18, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish the Pelant storyline had played out longer, it seemed too easy to get him in the end. I love the show, hope it keeps going!

Comment by Chris Waycott – December 18, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • wow chris waycott… i finally found someone who thinks the same way i do about the pelant storyline

Comment by lisa – December 19, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh really? I have to say that I just loved Bones in the beginning, but now it’s getting only worse. I still watch it, but just because it was my first shipper love… Just get a nice ending and don’t screw it up even more.

Comment by Danny – December 18, 2013 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let it end. I loved this show from the first episode but they lost me & my friends after the seemingly endless story arc with Pelant & how they’ve made Brennan more robot-like & rude than she was even in the first season. She was much more personable in earlier seasons. I’ve been keeping track with what’s going on with the show in the hope that the writers will stop upping themselves with one super-phycho serial killer after the next, but it seems like that is not the case. The writing, the characters, & the chemistry of the actors was something I used to look forward to every week, but not any more.

Comment by Jennifer – December 18, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OH. That’s right. Just because *you* want the show to end, it should be cancelled, right? Never mind the millions of other people who still enjoy the show…ugh people are honestly ridiculous. You might not like a show anymore and that’s fine, but why not let other people enjoy it in peace? Just go away and stop watching if the show if it bothers you that much. If the show is renewed for another season for the millions of people who still like it, how will it effect you if you’re not watching? IT WON’T. There are various shows out there I’ve stopped watching/don’t like, but I don’t go clicking on articles about them, bitching about them or saying they should be cancelled!

Comment by Kristy – December 19, 2013 02:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I could’t agree more. But if people want it, let them have it, but I think I won’t be watching it anymore… well we will see.

Comment by Danny – December 19, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We LOVE Bones!!! Don’t end the show!!!!!

Comment by sue – December 18, 2013 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have watched Bones since the first episode and still love it. I got tired of pelant and I still miss Zack but you can’t please everybody all the time. Hope it runs a few more years!

Comment by Teresa Levell – December 18, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There’s a reason why Bones continues to increase in popularity: Great show, great actors,and great writers, just to name a few. It’s the only show I consistently watch. I think they have been very consistent w/ the characters. I do hope they get rid of Dr. Wells, though. He’s kind of annoying.

Comment by kwalk – December 18, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that it would be nice to see how Christine turns out considering her father Booth in Catholic and her mother Brennon is Atheist. I know a lot of the people who have followed Bones from the beginning have and emotional connection with it, and almost feel a need to see how everything turns out for everyone. Example : Does Christine and Michael (Hodgins and Angs’ baby) end up together following in their parents foots steps. Oh that would be so cute. Please don’t end Bones.

Comment by Kproctor – December 18, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe they could do a shortened, 13 episode 10th season to wrap things up like they did with Fringe. Whatever they decide I hope that it doesn’t end up like Chuck with an ambiguous ending and the Bones/Booth relationship up in the air….

Comment by Aaron Smith – December 18, 2013 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones can go 15 seasons easily because the actors and writers and everyone on crew work their butts off to bring a quality episode every week. Bones can go on for a long time as long as everyone involved want to stay with it and it keeps being quality. It’s good study work in an industry which is fast losing the scripted shows for reality shows. Bones has shown eight seasons on TNT and once season 9 is complete I bet TNT buys those to show as well. This series is by far the best written and acted on TV right now and Fox has a steady winner wherever they place this show and on any night the viewers keep following and these seven million aren’t all on the internet so they are finding the show.Once Fox leaves Bones behind I have no need to watch the network again it’s the only show there I like enough to tune into. Thank you Bones cast and crew for the fantastic quality and for being so good to the fan base.

Comment by Pam – December 18, 2013 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think a 10th and final season (preferably a full one) would be a perfect end. I have always been proud that TPTB haven’t really messed with the central relationships, particularly Booth and Brennan since they became a couple. Any longer and things may have to change and I don’t want Bones to become like other shows.

It is obvious that the cast and crew all still love the show if you follow them on Twitter etc. All of them especially David, Hart, Dean and TJ are always talking about what they are doing and tweeting pics from the set. I follow other actors from other shows and sometimes you wouldn’t know they are currently starring in a tv show as they are either ignoring it or just re-living past glories. Thank you Bones peeps and Merry Christmas! :)

Comment by 206episodesofBones – December 19, 2013 01:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, cause FOX has never ended a show on a cliffhanger before.

Comment by Dan Jones – December 19, 2013 05:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I personally love this show. It has great actors and acting. If the powers that be, decide to end the show I hope they do it on a high note, not a low. For it would be very sadding to see all those wonderful people come to a bad ending. And that would end my watching of anything on the FOX network.

Comment by SARAH C. REDMOND – December 19, 2013 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping Bones gets another season. We the fans need closure not a last minute this could be a season or a series finale like what The WB did to Charmed during it’s seventh season. Bones deserves a final season to say gooodbye properly.

Comment by b – December 19, 2013 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then let them use this one to do so.

Comment by Gary Rasmussen – December 31, 2013 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones hasn’t jumped the shark. The writing and acting continues to improve. The Pelant storyline was one of the series best.

Comment by b – December 19, 2013 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DO NOT END BONES! BEST SHOW EVER! Say what you people want but people love this show and it should keep going as many seasons as possible!

Comment by Courtney – December 19, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still think Bones is totally delivering, but I have to say, I would, in a dream life, love to see a Season 10 in Stephen Nathan’s living room. He and Hart are one of my fave bromances.

Comment by O'Brien – December 19, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring Zach back! I love the older episodes with him in them!

Comment by Deb – December 19, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones is the first atheist I have encountered that I would even listen to even though I don’t agree with her thoughts after all its just a show, but I want the show to continue till the kids are grown, married and have their own offspring with Brenens smarts, Booth’s good looks, Angela’s talents and Hodgins’s fears. That is the start of an all new series!!

Comment by Brenda – December 19, 2013 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO DON’T STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bones should at least go for 200 episodes. Come on!!
    There are ALOT of people who still watch Bones, don’t stop now! Another thing, Fox just got an award that they haven’t gotten in a long time so shouldn’t Fox keep show Bones. There are a lot of things that can make the show interesting. Anyways I HATE cliffhanger episodes I only like cliffhanger episodes when there is another season to continue it. BUT still go for a season 10. Bones always gets better and better. Bones is the only show I watch, its THE BEST SHOW ECER. DON’T STOP NOW!!!!!!

Comment by daisy – December 19, 2013 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Time for this show to go. No one wants to say it but this show has had no chemistry since Bones and Booth had sympathy sex. It has been BORING since then and really frustrating. The actors had so much chemistry together and now it is like watching someone put on an old pair of shoes. It’s like the writers have no respect or understanding of married love, romance or sex.

Also this show has taken numerous pop shots at Christians for the last few seasons (but made Muslims look great) and made Booth out to be a bumbling idiot for his faith in God. They don’t even portray a devote Catholic accurately as a person of faith. And their poor attempt at having an evangelical Christian as an intern was a joke. The young actor did great, but he did not have a decent script to work with

I got news for the writers…plenty of Christians have a solid faith in God and a creditably knowledge of science. Contrary to what the show portrays the two can co-exists harmoniously.

The writers of the show are really lame and should be fired.

Comment by SarahSmilesCA – December 20, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones is still one of my favorite shows. The evolution of the characters with the allowance of work, life, friends, and crime solving make the show. I love its expression of humanity.

Comment by Joni – December 20, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And if it does end I’m going to need the address where I can watch them do season 10

Comment by Joni – December 20, 2013 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is the best one on TV. The relationship between Booth & Brennan is the best on prime time. (Sorry CASTLE you are #2) the stories are always entertaining. This show is the only one I have ever bought on DVD. I really hope it lasts 10 more years and without any changes. It is perfect the way it is now! Just stop changing the time and day it’s aired. Any show they try to replace it with, won’t be as good especially if it is another darn reality show.

Comment by RonL – December 20, 2013 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, Please, Please, dont cancell Bones, I agree with others, best show on TV, if Fox takes this off I to wont be watching fox programs, I have already stopped wstching Fox News, sooo programing will be next if Bones is dropped.

Please Emily, dont listen or read the criticism of your acting as Brennan, you do a fabulous job, and I watch all of nominee’s for awards to see if you have been nominated, all I can say they are stupid for not nominating you. Love Brennan and your enteraction with Booth.
    You are a best actor was well as your whole crew, you are the linchpin of show, keep up the
    Hard work……..you do great job:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Comment by ruth ann walker – December 22, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, GOD – end this series. I’m not sure if it’s the writers, the directors, or just fatigue on the actors’ parts, but Booth and Bones are pretty much caricatures of their former selves. I miss the Bones and Booth of the first 4 seasons.

Please just let the show die.

Comment by Gary Rasmussen – December 31, 2013 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post