Exclusive

Sirens First Look: The EMTs of Denis Leary's USA Network Comedy Ride to the Rescue (?)

You had better hope that laughter is the best medicine, because the key art poster for the new USA Network comedy Sirens suggests misplaced priorities for its star EMTs.

RELATED | ‘Old Spice Guy’ Cops Role on USA Network’s Sirens

From Rescue Me‘s Denis Leary and writer Bob Fisher (Traffic Light), the single-camera comedy (adapted from the UK series of the same name) follows the antics of three Chicago EMTs, played by Kevin Bigley (Game Change), Kevin Daniels (Modern Family) and Michael Mosley (Scrubs, Pan Am).

Though unruly men in their personal lives, these EMTs are the best in the biz professionally, able to handle any life-threatening situation that winds up in their ambulance. Just wait until Brian’s flash goes off, and don’t sit on Johnny’s breakfast.

RELATED | USA Network Moves Suits Back to Thursday, Sets Premiere Date for Psych Season 8

Will you give USA’s Sirens a whistle when it premieres Thursday, March 6 (leading out of Suits)?

Sirens_Key Art_600

1. Sam says:

Okay, so I was thinking about Rescue Me the other day, and I decided that Denis Leary is a terrible human being. The levels of homophobia, racism, and sexism on that show’s first three seasons (the ones I’ve seen) are virtually unparalleled from anything that’s aired in the 21st century. It’s truly an ugly mass of a show.

So I guess that’s to say that I won’t be watching this.

• Oscar says:

On the other hand the original UK version had Game of Thrones’ King of the North as a gay man in a very realistic way so if this version can at least copy that, it would mean something. and we don’t know what contribution Denis Leary actually brings here

• Scott Brecht says:

I only watch wholesome entertainment like Full House. If anything is more controversial than that, I want nothing to do with it.

• Al says:

If Rescue Me was that terrible, I wonder what they’ll do on here. Maybe change the UK’s gay character to straight now and not bother dealing with it?

• Scott Brecht says:

Don’t listen to Sam. Rescue Me was a solid show (8.2 rating on IMDB). There were gay characters and storylines throughout the entire show. They were a little more Shameless than Will & Grace storylines, which is why he probably has a problem with it.

• Zach says:

I never watched Shameless and only saw a little bit of W&G. But I loved Rescue Me, and thought Will & Grace was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen.

• Zach says:

He’s still gay. It says it in the trailer.

2. Scott Brecht says:

i am excited for this show. got to meet a majority of the cast/producers/directors. all super nice people. actually filmed in chicago.

3. João Amaral says:

so this is based on the British tv show right? That show was awesome. I found it hard to believe this one will be as good. especially after watching that horrible trailer. But i like Mosley so will probably give it a watch.

4. Sheldon W. says:

It’s from Denis Leary! Of course I’ll give it a shot!

5. Russ says:

I remember reading that a while back that the gay character in the UK series wasn’t going to be gay in the US remake, but I can’t find anything on it now. Anyone got anything???

6. Mike Cyra says:

Looking forward to seeing how Denis Leary represents the humor that First Responders use as a survival tool.
    Mike Cyra, author of Emergency Laughter

7. Love this SHOW!!!! It’s fast pacd So Frieking Funny!!!!. Thank God for Dennis Learey and all the crew. Proud to be from Boston MA too. If your having a good day or bad it Lifts you up either way….Go SOX