What to Watch Monday: HIMYM and Four Other Fall Finales, The Voice's Last Chance and More

himym-s9-fall-finaleOn TV this Monday: Four CBS sitcoms (and Almost Human) air their fall finales, The Voice’s Top 3 take the stage and Major Crimes plays ball.Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Almost Human (Fox) | Fall finale: Kennex and Dorian investigate the death of a man who knew exactly when he would die, uncovering a black market for vital organs in the process.

8 pm How I Met Your Mother (CBS) | Fall finale: The gang encounters a guest at the wedding who intentionally stirs up trouble (The New Normal’s Andrew Rannells), and Marshall finally arrives at the Farhampton Inn (and it only took half a season!).

8 pm The Voice (NBC) | Team Adam’s Tessanne Chin and Will Champlin compete against Team Xtina’s Jacquie Lee for the title. Meanwhile, snubbed coaches Blake and Cee Lo look on bitterly from their rotating chairs. (Watch Reality Check below for Michael Slezak’s take on the Top 3.)

8:30 pm Monday Night Football (ESPN) | The Detroit Lions host the Baltimore Ravens.

8:30 pm 2 Broke Girls (CBS) | Fall finale: After making out with Chef Nicholas, Caroline finds out something that makes her wish it never happened.

RELATED | Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Almost Human, Sleepy Hollow, The Sing-Off and More

9 pm Mike & Molly (CBS) | Fall finale: After being shot, Mike tells Carl he wants to quit the police force.

9 pm Major Crimes (TNT) | In an episode directed by Jon Tenney (who next week returns as “Fritz”), the squad works through the murder of a baseball scout and Rusty opens up to Dr. Joe.

9:30 pm Mom (CBS) | Fall finale: Christy gets stuck in the middle when Bonnie and Chef Rudy start dating.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 150+ December Finales, January Premieres and More

10 pm Hostages (CBS) | Ellen reveals to Duncan that she will not kill the President but will help him get what he needs.

10 pm The Sing-Off (NBC) | The seven a cappella groups relive hits of generations past. (Please, please, anything but Whitney Houston.)

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (26)

• just Almost Human for me tonight :)

Comment by Elyse – December 16, 2013 04:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Almost Human, 2 Broke Girls and Major Crimes.

Comment by Justin – December 16, 2013 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tonight’s “HIMYM” is tltled “Bass Player Wanted”, which says to me that it’s going to be a big Mother episode.

Comment by FatherOctavian – December 16, 2013 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope you’re right! I’m so glad Marshal will finally be there! That took way too long!

Comment by Jenny – December 16, 2013 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Fingers crossed. But I think this guy is the connection to the Mother, possiible current/ex boyfriend.

Comment by Maki – December 16, 2013 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think you may be right – tonight’s episode {Bass Player Wanted} may introduce the Mother’s ex- (or current) boyfriend to Ted and gang. I’m also curious how the info. of Ted’s move to Chicago may play out – preview clip shows Barney asking Ted about Chicago.

The bar on these HIMYM pre-Christmas/fall-finale episodes has been set very high, so I’m hoping tonight’s show will be a good one. Prior pre-Christmas episodes have been some of my favorites – ‘The Last Page/Pt2′ and ‘Symphony of Illumination’. Those two will be very hard to top.

Comment by Goodbye Universe Guy – December 16, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Watching now, and the lips are off. Weird!

Comment by Pickle8182 – December 16, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM! Big fan of Andrew Rannells and so glad Marshall is finally making it to the inn! Here’s to hoping for more of the mother too!

Comment by Ally – December 16, 2013 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Almost Human

Comment by SK – December 16, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, yes, yes!

Comment by Annabelle – December 16, 2013 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM, The Voice, and Hostages.

Comment by Joey – December 16, 2013 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Almost Human and WWE Monday Night Raw (Randy Orton is now the “champion of champions” and the NEW face of WWE).

Comment by Tran 2.0 – December 16, 2013 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM
    Major Crimes

Comment by Eric7740 – December 16, 2013 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2 Broke Girls

Comment by Brandy – December 16, 2013 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No tv for me tonight. I actually get to play some video games during the week for a change!!! Gotta love the winter break!

Comment by Eric – December 16, 2013 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Voice (Team Tessanne!) and The Sing-Off (Team Filharmonic!) for me.

Comment by Steve F. – December 16, 2013 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Almost Human, Major Crimes, HIMYM and 2 Broke Girls. Plus I have Revenge on my dvr.

Comment by GeoDiva – December 16, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching Almost Human and Mom.

Comment by Zach – December 16, 2013 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Almost Human and Mom.

Comment by JulieAnn – December 16, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM, 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly, and Mom! Gotta love my sitcom Mondays!!!

Comment by TV God – December 16, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM, Generation Cryo and HGTV.

Comment by Roni – December 16, 2013 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Almost Human
    Hostages (I guess I’m the only one who loves this show :) )

Comment by James D – December 16, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Almost Human
    Major Crimes
    Hostages

Comment by Steve – December 16, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Almost Human! Apparently they’re getting into some mythology/backstory tonight.

Comment by starh – December 16, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Voice
    PVR – HIMYM :)

Comment by HEATHER – December 16, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m surprisingly enjoying Hostages. It’s my favorite Monday night show.

Comment by MB – December 17, 2013 02:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post