Ratings: Grimm, CBS and CW Dramas Drop Hardest on Soft Friday

Ratings Grimm Hawaii Five-0On a Friday when most everyone was down or, at best, steady in the demo, dramas took the biggest beating.

NBC’s Grimm double-header averaged 4.8 million total viewers and a 1.2 demo rating, down 24 and 25 percent from the last fresh outing.

Similarly, CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 (8.9 mil/1.2) and Blue Bloods (10.8 mil/1.2) each dropped 20 percent in the demo, while sliding about 10 percent in audience.

RELATED | The CW’s Midseason Plan: Star-Crossed Monday, Beast‘s Spring Break, Dixie to Fridays

Lastly, The CW’s Carrie Diaries (785K/0.2, down 13 percent and a tenth) and Nikita (625K/0.2, down 26 percent and a tenth) saw their already meager numbers wane further.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 150+ December Finales, January Premieres and More

Elsewhere….

* ABC’s Last Man Standing (6.3 mil/1.2) slipped 14 percent in the demo, while The Neighbors (4.1 mil/0.9) and Shark Tank (7.1 mil/2.0) both were steady.

* Fox’s Raising Hope double pump this week did 2.2 mil/0.7 and 1.9 mil/0.6, down 17 percent and a tenth.

* CBS’ Undercover Boss (7.3 mil/1.4) rose 7 percent in audience and was flat in the demo from its most recent outing, which was a clip show.

NEXT FRIDAY: Fall finales for Carrie Diaries, Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Bloods

1. I love The Carrie Diaries but those numbers are just ridiculous…

2. WayneInNYC says:

I’m not surprised that the numbers were down. This is the first big weekend for Holiday Parties.

3. I know expectations at this point for Nikita are low, but I honestly don’t understand how they’ve been as as bad as they’ve been. It’s arguably the best show on the CW, despite not fitting into their narrow skinny horny teen demographic.

• Jake says:

Thank god someone finally said what I had been thinking all along. I literally get nauseated over the overly hyped TVD and now the ridiculous Originals.. two shows that are only successful because of what you stated and the ridiculous adults dumb enough to get hooked on over acted sappy teen emo dramas!

• wrstlgirl says:

I can agree about TVD, that show is terrible but so far TO hasn’t traveled down that road of who is sleeping with who rat hole. But Nikita’s got nothing on Arrow and Supernatural. These two are by far the stars of the CW.

• Francine says:

I watch all 3 shows. TVD more out of habit by now but The Originals is pretty good. An entertaining show I watch for fun. I would have preferred Nikita on another network but I’m happy we got as many seasons as we did. I dont understand why you have to be so uppity though. If you don’t like certain shows that’s fine- but why call people dumb for watching them? Different people have different tastes.

• Jake says:

Because the shows are complete and utter GARBAGE! That’s why!

• wrstlgirl says:

I happen to think Nikita is crap but that doesn’t mean I’m going to begrudge those who do like it. It’s called being different. Perhaps you could try to be a little more open minded.

4. Alex says:

I know I should know it by now, but can anyone plase explain to me why do regular viewers like us need ratings published?, I mean I get advertisers should know ratings and such but shouldn’t that be like a private thing they could get or request from nielsen or something?, I think (and I could totally be wrong about this) that for some reason knowing a show has low ratings makes some people stop or not want to watch a show and that in itself lowers ratings, I don’t know, but I just think watching a show should only be about liking it or not, also think regular vierwers like us shouldn’t get to see ratings on a daily basis, but hey I’m probably wrong, just my two cents

• Brandy says:

Some people like to see the ratings to know how thier favorite shows are doing since ratings are a huge factor in renewal/cancel descions.Sometimes a person will stay away from a show with low ratings but not always.

5. jlannis says:

Last night’s Haven ended on a cliffhanger…and it hasn’t been renewed yet as far as I know! Anyone know its chances?

6. Diz says:

The CW shows didn’t air until early in the morning here. Stupid basketball.

7. Craig Riley says:

Owchtown for Nikita. Shame really since it is one of the best shows on CW. But I suppose it doesn’t really matter at this point. Great episode though, did not expect a bad guy to have a plan that good in the works.

8. DavidSask says:

Nikita should have been a cable show from start, and Carrie Diaries should have been on ABC Family shame that gay favorite will soon be gone! I feel bad for Raising Hope being left to die!

9. Ally Oop says:

Poor Nikita. Such a sad way for the show to go out. Is actually a decent show but it just never hooked enough viewers. And Carrie Diaries, as I predicted long ago, was a complete failure. The Whose Line and Hart of Dixie combo should see a vast improvement for the CW on Fridays come the spring. So long as Hart can get at least a million viewers on average it should be renewed. But if it tanks badly on Friday, the prospect of syndication won’t even save it. Arrow, The Originals, Vampire Diaries and Supernatural are locks for renewal. America’s Next Top Model, for some odd reason, has scored an early renewal. Carrie Diaries and Beauty are pretty much cancelled at this point. My prediction is that of Hart of Dixie, Reign, Tomorrow People, The 100 and Star-Crossed, three will be renewed. That leaves 7 returning dramas and 1 reality show for next season. I think we will get 4 new dramas next season. The CW has quite a few good projects in development right now so things for the net continue to look up.

10. Pat says:

I think that the ratings for Grimm and all the other shows were down, due to the time of year. I know that there were plenty of Company Christmas parties that were held on that night and I assume that it was not just in the area where I live but also through out the country. So with that, they should not have released any ratings or at least waited to see what was watched on DVR’s and on Demand.

11. Alichat says:

My DVR only recorded the second hour of Grimm……for some stupid reason. That happen to anyone else? I wasn’t able to watch them live, and I’m wondering how the DVR numbers were.

12. sarah says:

H50 was so good! One of the best episodes ever! Blue Bloods was good too! I think lots of people did not realize it was on. The fall finales are this Friday hope it does not dope even more!

13. JoyAnne says:

I don’t always watch H50 but that episode was really great. A keeper on my DVD. Blue Bloods is a good show I enjoy every week. I guess as an older viewer I like Friday night TV as long as they keep it interesting.