Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Once, Vampire Diaries, Blacklist, Community, POI, H50 and More

NCIS 250th Episode TonyWho’s the new woman in DiNozzo’s NCIS life? What’s the latest on Once Upon a Times beautiful new baddie? Will Klaus have company when he returns to Vampire Diaries? Who’s been replaced in Community‘s study group? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 150+ December Finales, January Premieres and More

Anything interesting coming up for DiNozzo on NCIS? –Mel
Fielding your query, show boss Gary Glasberg says, “Tony has had a year of real change and growth so far. Ziva said goodbye. Bishop said hello. Tony’s friendship with McGee got stronger and his bond with Gibbs wasn’t weakened by change, it was reinforced. And now, for a special 250th episode, Anthony DiNozzo Sr. (returning guest star Robert Wagner) will be back. And along with a riveting crime to solve, Tony will discover there’s a new mystery woman in his father’s life.”

NCIS‘ Michael Weatherly tweeted a while back that he was directing an episode this month. Do you have any spoilers/scoops about it? –Marla
As it would turn out, the operative words here are “a while back.” Says Gary Glasberg, “We were planning on that, but we decided to postpone it,” so that Weatherly and his wife could instead spend some quality time with their brand-new son Liam, born on Oct. 29. Weatherly’s next turn behind the camera is thus being rescheduled.

Great suggestions for NCIS: New Orleans actors. Tom Welling would be perfect as Agent LaSalle, and he needs to be back on TV. Is this a possibility? –Patricia
All I can confirm is that spin-off creator Gary Glasberg indeed saw my list of casting suggestions and, I quote, “enjoyed” it. So… I await my 10 percent?

RELATED | Once Upon a Time EPs Tease Midseason Finale’s ‘Devastating’ Twist, ‘Compelling’ Spring Story Arc

Do you know who ‪@bexmader is playing on ‪#OnceUponATime? I know you can’t reveal, but curious as to how hush-hush this is. — @e_vanquill
I know that series creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis are happy to have brought her on, seeing as the last time they wrote for Rebecca Mader on Lost, they killed off poor Charlotte. “We’ve had her in mind for this for a while,” says Horowitz, “and the time finally seemed right.” Also: I am told that Bex will keep her British accent – whether that’s a clue is for you to decide.

Anything on Klaus’ upcoming trip to The Vampire Diaries? Please tell me he’ll have a scene with Caroline! –Mary Kate
Perhaps the juicier question is: Who’s going with him? Teasing the why of the cross-back-over, Originals EP Michael Narducci says, “There are things happening on Vampire Diaries which are pretty huge. Word travels to New Orleans and Klaus – and perhaps even one other of our characters – will be curious about the events that are taking place in Mystic Falls.”

I’m so happy NBC already picked up The Blacklist for a second season. Any scoop about the next episode in January. Is Ressler already back on the job? –Daisy
“Agent Ressler isn’t going anywhere,” EP Jon Bokenkamp wants to assure you. “That said, the injuries he’s sustained and the revelations made about his character in the fall cliffhanger will certainly impact the show going forward.”

Longtime fan, first-ever question! Did I miss an update on Under the Dome? Is it coming back and if so, when? –Barb
Yes, Under the Dome – which was always a candidate for renewal despite its “limited summer event series spectacular” or whatever label – was picked up for a 13-episode sophomore run, to air in summer 2014.

RELATED | Community Trailer ‘Rings’ in Season 5 With Britta Worship, Donald Glover In-Jokes, Walton Goggins

With Pierce gone (thank god) and Troy leaving (miss you, Donald Glover), will Community‘s Greendale Seven become the Greendale Five? Or will they try to fill out the group with new characters? –ShaLinda
I can’t yet vouch for any Troy “replacement” plan, but by the end of Season 5′s second episode, someone else is sitting in Pierce’s seat at the study group table, and it’s a very awesome choice.

What’s our favorite overachiever Annie Edison up to this season on Community? –Jennifer
For one, she’s keeping a watchful eye on Mr. Winger as he enters this new stage of his Greendale existence. Alison Brie also will get to play with guest star Jonathan Banks (Breaking Bad) when Annie and Professor Hickey get wrapped up in planning an event for the college.

Have you seen the Hawaii Five-0 Pearl Harbor episode airing [tonight]? Any scoop on what we can expect? –clarlee
In short, it’s quite well done. The cold open is impressive, revisiting the start of the assault on Pearl Harbor with chilling visual effects. Guest star James Saito, as a man out to avenge the WWII era murder of his father and thus the narrator of numerous flashbacks, does reall nice work and holds your attention. And the final moments should have you grabbing for a Kleenex, as Five-0 resolves this very cold case. On the lighter front, there are fun exchanges where Danno accuses McG of being a “softie,” and when Steve offers to hold his partner’s hand during a “scary” moment.

Please, can you give a scoop for Person of Interest? –Harkanwar
I chatted up Kevin Chapman the other night at CBS’ holiday party here in NYC, and after thanking TVLine for the recent Performer of the Week recognition, he previewed Fusco’s new BMOC status at the NYPD. “Because of the taking down of HR, we have a lot of old detectives going out and new detectives coming in, and they’re all kind of looking to Fusco for guidance,” he said. “He’s now become the ‘mentor’ of the office.” To set the best example, the once-sketchy lawman will take a cue from the late Joss Carter, whose admirable legacy he recounted to Simmons before taking the HR goon in. “He’s kind of following that model going forward.”

There’s no official word, but as of right now, sources tell me it’s looking “doubtful.” UPDATE: I now have some readers saying WTTFs are popping up on The Hulu. So…

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email InsideLine@tvline.com! (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Comments (68)

• C’mon Klaus, take Elijah with you. I mean…Katherine is dying. If anyone should come back for her it’s him

Comment by mac – December 13, 2013 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Elijah is beginning to fall in love with Hayley now (yaaaaay!). Katherine has broken his heart too many times now.

Comment by IMember – December 13, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • reassuring to know that big things are going to happen on TVD. THey really need a good shakeup, ffs the augustine storyline is boring the heck out of me rn.

Comment by kevin – December 13, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I prefer the Augustine storyline to last season’s cure one. But I don’t think they’re doing the best job of evolving and moving this storyline.

Comment by Ashlee – December 13, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And Katherine and Stefan are heating up things?

Comment by Naazneen – December 13, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Starburns or Magnatude!

Comment by Shazay – December 13, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • didn’t you see the pop-pop in the trailer? (i refuse to call it a promo). Starburns is dead though

Comment by Peevesie – December 13, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He faked his death. You sir, are no Human Being.

Comment by Big Mike – December 13, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One new Ironside episode and a few Welcome to the Family eps have been added to the NBC app for viewing.

Comment by Matt – December 13, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Thanks for answering my TVD/Originals question!

Comment by Mary Kate – December 13, 2013 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Klaroline!!!!

Comment by Daniel T. – December 13, 2013 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gosh, I feel as though I’m a party pooper for saying this – but I’m done with “NCIS” and “Person of Interest” – as well as “The Blacklist” and “Scandal.” The first two because two very significant characters are gone and the shows seem hollow now. And the second two because of the excessive violence and blurring of lines – in ALL ways. When we have no idea who’s the bad or good guy and we start rooting the for bad behavior, I’m out. Besides, Kerry Washington has ONE look – and it’s starting to bore me :) I’m a radio person and have been an avid TV watcher for more years than I’ve been in radio (since 1976). My tastes are sophisticated and getting more snobbish. I KNOW that “Mike and Molly” has become more slapstick but it’s funny writing with a wonderful ensemble. And there are lessons to be learned. I also know that “Mom” falls short of noble characters but it’s brilliant in multiple ways. “Hawaii Five O” knew that it needed re-tooling and it’s doing so. “CSI” knew that, too. They’re working on it. “Big Bang Theory” and “Sean Saves the World” are the only MUST see TV shows on the ‘regular’ channels these days. Fox is completely out of the question. The mixed emotions on leaving “NCIS” are strong – but the gaping wound from Ziva’s departure is something that I feel physically. They’re WAY too white now! “NCIS:LA” might or might not get interesting because of Deeks and Kensi’s new relationship. We’ll see. Thought I’d share :)

Comment by Trish – December 13, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thanks for sharing!

Comment by Bob Smith 007 – December 13, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you about NCIS. The season premiere without Ziva was physically painful for me as well. It was also such a bore and had the series’ “jump the shark” moment when Gibbs appears in Iran and has a Western-style shootout in the middle of the street. At that moment I knew after Ziva’s final episode I would be done with the show until Ziva comes back even though it is my favorite show.

James Spader is so excellent that he makes me overcome my phobia of blood. He is just too good.

Comment by GabF – December 13, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are so right James Spader makes everything about the Blacklist as great as it is. For me he is now and has always been one of the best actors on the small or large screen.

Comment by Loretta – December 13, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I really did not know James Spader til I watched “The Blacklist,”. I was hooked from the beginning. Now I want to see everything he was ever in. Now,I am the same age as Spader, so what does that say for the 18-49 demo?

Comment by Deb – December 30, 2013 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • TEHO I’m so glad to be rid of Ziva. She was such a crepe hanger most of the time.

Comment by Stormy – December 13, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i agree with you…..the show is 10x BETTER without ziva and TIVA being shoved at us all the time….the spoilers ALL ended up being about HER/THEM, no matter WHAT question was asked…..would like to see MORE of the smart agent tony….and see MORE of the relationship we had awahile back, BEFORE ziva over took the show….i.e. TIBBS……* when did gibbs START locking his door, by the way?…was surprised by that this. *

alisa

HAWAII FIVE 0: could do with getting rid of catherine….too much of her and NOT enough MCDANNO or chin ho and some of the others….she adds NOTHING….she’s a JOKE….we’ve had 2 characters made regulars…..catherine last season and the SWAT guy this season….

Comment by Alisa Neely – December 14, 2013 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you really think that “Big Bang Theory” and “Sean Saves the World” are the only MUST see TV shows on the ‘regular’ channels these days, you should throw away your tv.

Comment by Dick Whitman – December 13, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • agreed with D. Whitman ‘s comment. Most of those shows @Trish mentioned are awful!

Sean Saves the World, really?? I’d rather not watch tv if those shows you mentioned were the best thing on! egh

Comment by Will – December 13, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I mean everyone has different tastes and you can enjoy whatever you want, but let’s not pretend there aren’t some real quality shows out there versus stuff that’s just fun/entertaining to watch.

Comment by Thomas – December 13, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So you’re saying you’re old…right?

Comment by Tom – December 13, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PERSON OF INTEREST & BLACKLIST are two of the best show on T.V. I think you need a rest, or different meds if you fine them boring.

Comment by NewShadeOfBlue – December 13, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree with you on Scandal. Kerry Washington is a good actress but she is way overrated. I remember another previous (a much bigger hit) ABC show “Lost” having truckloads of better accomplished actors who didn’t get even half the publicity Kerry is getting (Kerry is no Jennifer Lawrence..so why are they both getting the same attention?). Fact is Kerry is getting too one-dimensional on Scandal. Bellamy Young on the other hand is delivering some pitch-perfect performances this season

Comment by Rich Abey – December 14, 2013 02:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sadly, CSI’s ‘re-tooling’ is not working for me, and many long time fans. Sometimes it’s better to leave well enough alone and respect what made the show great to begin with. Let it go, CBS. It’s creatively over.

Comment by Jenna – December 14, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • any chance that Morgan & Hodges will have a romantic relationship on CSI? It’s about time he got lucky.

Comment by normand bergeron – December 13, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • InsideLine@tvline.com !

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 13, 2013 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know they have been hinting at it, but I still don’t feel it.

Comment by mas – December 13, 2013 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t really want them to go there, but I love their scenes together so much that I wouldn’t want to take away from that by having either one of them romantically linked to anybody else.

Ideally, they’d just remain BFFs and their parents would get married, which would make any romantic relationship between them far too awkward.

Comment by Kendall – December 13, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • God I hope not. Seriously that would make me want to puke. I like them as friends but he is too old for her. I like her and Greg together.

Comment by cas – December 13, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt, thank you for answering my question about Michael Weatherly. So excited that he’s getting to spend time with his family and new baby, Liam. And I look forward to when he finally directs his next episode. Also, can’t wait to see what’s next for Tony DiNozzo. :-)

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – December 13, 2013 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any word from NBC if they’re going to burn off their canceled shows Welcome to the Family and Ironside? At least on Hulu? –Olivia
    Remaining episodes of WTTF aired on Star World India.

Comment by Babar – December 13, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Awesome.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 13, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This furthers my suspicions that Rebecca Mader is gonna be cruella de ville writers even said we gould expect cruella. 101 Dalmatians took place in London and what villian’s more iconic than one with her own theme song. how cruella de ville will fit into once upon a time is beyond me but they managed to turn Peter Pan into a villian so it could wind up working out…then again since they like turning fairy tale characters evil she could be Mary poppins lol

Comment by Ashbash – December 13, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay – more for MW!!!

Loved the idea that the Gibbs, Tony & McGee dynamic was a focal point of the early part of the season. It needed to be showcased after the years’ long damage done to it by ziva.

Ellie is great so far – waiting to see how she is developed & hoping it isn’t into the mary sue that ziva was…

Great too that GG was willing to reschedule MW directing. so he could spend time with his new baby. Will look forward to his directing – his insight into the characters is great & episodes he directs are always great!

Comment by as524 – December 13, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bishop is far more “Mary Sue” than Ziva ever was. She is an obnoxious know-it-all, a “wunderkind”; is boring in that she is a knock-off of the other characters, is disrespectful to Gibbs and Ducky and worst of all, they have made Gibbs roll over and play dead for this new character. I can’t stand what the writers have done to this show.

Comment by Barfingaswespeak – December 14, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • While I think that they are trying a little too hard to make Ellie Bishop seem like greatest candidate to fill Ziva’s spot on the team, I don’t think that she is any more mary sueish than Ziva. Ziva was the ultimate mary sue by the time she left. Spoke 10 languages, bomb expert, sharp shooting assassin and weapons expert, killing machine fighting skills, know it all of the highest degree, with a multitude of super tragic martyred heroine plots to agonize through at all times, predictably admired by all male guest stars, neutered Gibbs formerly brilliant SFA with her mere awesome presence, and became Gibbs most respected go to agent and all of this, still under 30 years of age. I do hope that they tone down Ellie because I have really enjoyed seeing especially Tony, but Tim too, be allowed to have skills and relevance, but so far in her episodes, Ellie has done absolutely all the solving and action and appears to have very little to learn from anyone. I hope that they don’t turn this character into Ziva 2.0, because the original was turned into a cross between a soap opera tragedy queen and a comic book hero caricature which took all the fun out and dominated the show for far too long.

Comment by Pat – December 15, 2013 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks a lot for answering my POI question!!!

Comment by Harkanwar Singh – December 13, 2013 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay, “Community” spoilers! Very intrigued to find out who’s going to be in Pierce’s place now. And the stuff with Annie sounds fun, too.

Comment by Angela – December 13, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stop watching Person of Interest because they killed off my favorite character and its not the same anymore without her. The blacklist I’m still watching it, I want to know more about Keen’s husband Tom, who is he working for? Is he a bad guy or guy good?

Comment by Sam – December 13, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In the last episode of POI. I like the scene between Simmons and Fusco. A great scene.

I want Danny Glover as grumpy troy’s grandfather. He can play the new Pierce. Troy can ask him to protect Abded from Evil Abded and and Abded to help his grandfather.

Comment by Randy – December 13, 2013 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Blacklist is interessing but the plot on Red is very too slow.

Comment by Randy – December 13, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought for Rebecca Mader’s character was Mary Poppins, to take care of the Lost Boys and Wendy until their real homes could be found. Perhaps she will be an old woman in a shoe?

Comment by BTM – December 13, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking Wendy’s mom – if she is keeping her British accent?

Comment by jpdst23 – December 13, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She looks good for 150 years old!

Comment by xav – December 13, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you so much for the NCIS scoop. I’m really enjoying this season, and look forward to the 250th ep as well as Weatherly directing again.

Comment by Mel – December 13, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish that NCIS’s 250th episode could be more about Tony, than Tony’s father. Whenever Senior comes to the show, Tony is turned into a squirming joke while Senior and Gibbs are showcased. I really don’t care about Senior’s love life. I was hoping that Tony would be allowed to be in a mutually gratifying romantic relationship now that the abusive Ziva is out of the picture and tptb don’t have their precious “tiva” to shove down our throats. Tiva was afterall, really all about flattering Ziva. That seems to have been Tony’s main purpose as well, in addition to being the team’s barely competent joke for the last several years. I wish tptb could for once be serious about writing something that evolves Tony or flatters his character.

Comment by Erin – December 13, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they’re doing that now. Tony as been written well and with no buffoonery this season. The show doesn’t have to write him through the Tiva lense anymore, and now that the “official” mourning period seems to over for former agent David, I don’t think we’ll see a return to that way, way over done “putting Tony in his place” kind of “humour”.
      I think the show is finding a new vibe and that we’ll have to see what this 250th episode will bring. I’m very happy that the show chose to showcase the DiNozzos for such and important landmark episode.

Comment by Darlene – December 13, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tony isn’t shown any different now than he was when Ziva was there. He was always the comic relief. Judging by the recent reviews, most NCIS fans do not like the vibe of NCIS this season. The show has been extremely boring since Cote left and now that the horrid character of Bishop (who brings back flashbacks of the terrible Rachel Nichols’ character on CM) has been added is no longer watchable.

Comment by Crookshanks – December 21, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree with you….i HATE how the other characters seem to kiss old man dinozzo’s butt, whenever he’s around….and seem NOT to notice the CHANGE in tony when he’s there…..last time the old man was there, he DIDN’T respect his son’s wishes about bringing a woman into the apartment…..tony needs to be SHOWCASED as the SFA….and be given LEAD and it be EXPECTED from the others, that when gibbs isn’t around…they are to TAKE orders from tony, WITHOUT question….just as they would gibbs……how about someone else from tony’s family?….an aunt or something?…..what about, gibbs actually RESPECTING tony and being there for him as he was in the past.

Comment by Alisa Neely – December 14, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is Tony’s dad gonna be shacking up with Col. Mann?

Their random murder investigation this week led Gibbs to the hotel room where Fornell and Diane were getting it on, so there’s no coincidence too unbelievable for this show to use as a story.

Comment by Kendall – December 13, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • GOD, i hope NOT…..i wish, col. mann would STAY AWAY…..she had NO RESPECT for “TEAM GIBBS”….i didn’t like, gibbs allowing her to ORDER his team around…..or her NOT respecting jethro’s PRIVACY….i.e. going behind his back, to get information about him….simply because he wouldn’t open up to her.

Comment by Alisa Neely – December 14, 2013 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for awnsering my question Matt!

Comment by Daisy – December 13, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stopped watching Person of Interest after “Endgame” and will never watch again. The show cannot be enjoyable for me without the heart and soul of the drama, Joss Carter (Taraji P. Henson). Too bad the writers did not value the success they had with the chemistry of the original characters.

Comment by Will Never Be Interested Again – December 13, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Someone sounds too fragile to be watching TV in the first place.

Comment by Guest – December 13, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So, a show changes and evolves like most good shows do but, you will never watch it again? Hmmm, OK then don’t–perhaps you should try Honey Boo Boo or the Kardashians–something bland and never changes. Or try holding your breath until you turn blue…….SMH

Comment by You can't fix stupid..... – December 14, 2013 01:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @YouCan’tFixStupid and @Guest
      Will Never Be Interested Again has every right to stop watching. It’s that person’s choice. Trashing him won’t bring him back. I feel a lot of people left afterward, but many more became interested because of the backlash hence why the ratings stayed the same. Me? I’m not as excited as I once was but I’m still watching for Reese, Fusco, Finch, Control, Vigilence, and other villians ONLY. Maybe Root. No one else on that show is worth it.

Comment by lll – January 6, 2014 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not going to lie – reading that Fusco was going to be mentoring new officers, taking guidance and cues from his experience with Carter – teared me up a little.

Comment by Erica – December 13, 2013 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fusco is evolving and I love it. He is following the path of someone worth being a role model. Good for him.

Comment by lll – January 6, 2014 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My latest guess about the new curse on Once Upon A Time is that it will send everyone back to their original world with no memory of Storybrooke. They will think the original curse never happened. Therefore Snow and Charming will think they sent their infant daughter to a new land for no reason. Henry will be adapted by a new couple. Emma will still be a kicking butt like she was in the pilot etc.

Comment by Gail – December 13, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The promos for Community have me excited for its return. I wonder who will take Pierce’s place… Maybe Leonard?

Comment by Babybop – December 13, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No the juicier question is still will Klaus have a scene with Caroline. I don’t care who he takes with him. TVD has been so boring without Klaroline. :( I miss them.

Comment by Mary – December 13, 2013 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • my thoughts exactly!!

Comment by mk – December 14, 2013 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes, I was/am still extremely confused about Welcome to the Family. they said it was cancelled but then new eps were being added to Hulu every week. what’s the deal there?
    and why not just air them on tv still like they’re doing with Back in the Game…? speaking of which, when are the last 3 eps of that one going to air anyway?

I haven’t decided yet on how much time I’ll bother investing into Community this season. probably as little as I have done with Parenthood this season.
    I actually like Chevy Chase and his character. don’t hate me for saying that because I just don’t understand why people hate(d) him so much. you know who they really need to get rid of is Ben Chang. now I love Ken Jeong but his character on the show is just too much and not in a good way. it’s like pick an element of his character and stick to it. jeez! he’s way too all over the place all the time. it’s too annoying now.

Comment by Rosa – December 14, 2013 03:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked Pierce, too. I was sad to see him go. Chevy may have been a difficult presence on the set, but he created an entertaining character, and I’m sorry that Chevy and Dan couldn’t seem to put their issues aside and figure out a way to keep him on.

Comment by Angela – December 14, 2013 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Chevy wasn’t fired because of Dan. Chevy got fired from the show several weeks before Dan was brought back to Community. His firing was most likely due to his inability to work with anyone on the show, and dropping the N-word in front of Yvette and Donald. The writers got to a point where they had to think of ways to write scenes so that Chevy wouldn’t have to be on set with the other actors to avoid conflict. Joel McHale has said in interviews that Chevy often seemed to want to physically fight him.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – December 14, 2013 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh, I know he wasn’t fired because of him-I know there were other issues, too. Just meant that the animosity between them when they were both working on the show didn’t help matters. Should’ve made that clearer, though.

Comment by Angela – December 15, 2013 02:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • [Gasp]. Is it Bill Murray?? Is Bill Murray going to be on Community??? Crap, now if it’s not Bill Murray, I’m going to feel let down.
    It just occurred to me that with Jeff being a professor, Annie’s crush on him is going to intensify. Oooh, that’s going to be some awesome sexual chemistry! Oh man, I was always so attracted to my college professors. I think it must be the Indiana Jones fantasy with me, where he’s in the tweed jacket with the glasses, and the girls in the class are all swooning over him.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – December 14, 2013 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post