TVLine Items: Nick Jonas Returns to Hawaii, BIO Channel Replaced, Bridge Promotions and More
The actor/musician — who last month appeared on the CBS procedural as a computer hacker who evaded McGarrett & Co. – is “coming back in the finale,” executive producer Peter Lenkov tells TV Fanatic.
Jonas’ other recent TV credits include Smash, Last Man Standing and Go On.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• BIO Channel is being rebranded as FYI, a contemporary lifestyle network reflecting how people live their lives today. FYI — which is slated to launch in summer 2014 — is currently developing more than 30 potential new series that are said to “inspire, not instruct, today’s viewer.”
• The Bridge has promoted Emily Rios and Matthew Lillard to series regulars in Season 2, following their heavily recurring arcs in the FX drama’s freshman run, Deadline reports. Rios and Lillard co-star as El Paso Times reporters.
• Judith Light (Ugly Betty) will guest-star in an upcoming episode of Raising Hope, per The Hollywood Reporter, playing the boss of Martha Plimpton’s Virginia.
• Revenge creator Mike Kelley — who exited the ABC soap after two seasons — has inked a two-year overall deal with HBO, The Hollywood Reporter reports. Under the pact, the producer and his partner, Melissa Loy, will create and develop new projects for the pay cabler.
• Comedy Central has given a three-season renewal to Tosh.0. The first new season under the deal — the comedy’s sixth — bows Feb. 18.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?