Post Mortem: Arrow Bosses on 'Olicity' Feelings, [Spoiler]'s Return, Roy's Future and More

Arrow Season 2 SpoilersWarning: The following contains major spoilers from this Wednesday’s episode of Arrow.

The twists flew as fast as the vigilante’s spears on Wednesday’s fall finale of Arrow.

While a captured Roy survived the hour (just barely), Oliver still lost someone back on the island when Ivo shot Shado.

And death kept coming as Tommy made a haunting appearance — and then Slade was revealed to be alive in Starling City and up to no good!

RELATED | The Flash Pilot Scoop

Below, executive producers Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti preview the dark times ahead and discuss Barry’s “profound effect” on Oliver and Felicity. Plus: Who will learn Ollie’s secret next?

MATTERS OF THE HEART | Barry and Felicity may have sparked, but the future Flash also did a lot in terms of scratching at Oliver and Felicity’s maybe-not-so-platonic feelings for each other. “It’s certainly something we pick up in Episode 10, because the fallout… carries over into the next episodes as far as the Oliver/Felicity relationship is concerned,” reveals Kreisberg. “Barry has had a profound effect on them, and that will carry through.” But is Felicity crushing on someone who doesn’t reciprocate? Kreisberg admits that “Oliver isn’t quite sure what he feels. He knows he feels something for her, but can’t quite define it. He’s surprised in this episode when Dig points out to him that what [he's] feeling right now might actually be termed jealousy.” Meanwhile, the IT gal-turned-Girl Friday “doesn’t want to like Oliver, in a way, because she finds him unattainable. And in a way, he is unattainable, especially after… he said, ‘It’s probably better if I’m not with somebody I care about.’”

RELATED | Arrow Season 2 Spoilers — Alex Kingston to Return as Dinah Lance

BACK WITH A VENGEANCE | Whereas Season 1 featured one big foe in Malcolm Merlyn, “This year, we’ve got a two-pronged approach to the bad guy,” says Berlanti. “Also, because Oliver knows about the presence of one of the bad guys, it helps us change the rhythms of the back half of the year from what we may have done last year.” Driving the second chunk of the season is the surprise, non-island appearance of Oliver’s buddy, Slade, who is behind Brother Blood’s scheme. The newest Big Bad is hellbent on destroying the vigilante after watching the woman he loved from afar, Shado, die. “That really is his motivation. He blames Oliver for what happened,” explains Kreisberg. Needless to say, “Things don’t get better between them on the island,” adds Berlanti.

Arrow Season 2 SpoilersSHOT UP | For Roy, surviving Brother Blood’s injection is both a blessing – being alive: yay! – and a curse, as Slade’s troubling journey reveals. “What’s fun for us as writers is we see what Roy’s potential is to go down that dark path, too,” says Kreisberg. “It’s a deep-seated anger inside of you that lets you survive the transformation.” But it’s best not to let that rage get the better of you, so “One of the fun things that will be happening in the back half of the year is [Roy's] relationship with the Arrow and how that changes and how the Arrow basically makes it his mission to not let Roy go down the Slade path. That takes some interesting twists and turns.”

RELATED | Arrow Targets Spartacus Actress to Play Daughter of Ra’s al-Ghul

THE VIGILANTE UNMASKED | Did Roy perhaps open his eyes and ID Oliver as the one who saved his life? We can’t say for sure, but Kreisberg does divulge that “Over the course of the season, a couple more people will find out” about the playboy’s other persona. “For us, him keeping his secret identity is the least interesting part of the character,” adds the EP. “People knowing, and letting him talk to people and letting him share that experience, we find to be much more interesting.”

DADDY ISSUES | Malcolm may have been MIA during the fall finale, but his reach will be felt in the episodes ahead. After all, Thea has been pretty well-adjusted this year, so you can “probably assume that she’s going to get hit with a whammy as the season progresses,” teases Kreisberg.

HONORING THE DEAD | If Tommy’s surprise return struck a chord in you, you’re not alone. When breaking the ghosts story, the EPs “literally had the same idea at the same time,” recalls Kreisberg. “We both felt each other gasp.” Initially, the two discussed having Oliver’s dad be the third vision before landing on his fallen friend. “So much of this season is based around that character and his loss and what a hole he left in the show,” explains Kreisberg. “So it really fit with this season’s arc of Oliver’s journey, going from vigilante to hero… For Tommy to forgive him and tell him to get up and fight — just even talking about it, I get chills.”

1. Venkman007 says:

T’was a friggin AWESOME episode!!

• Mena says:

This show is so growing on me. It gets better and better every episode. It magnifies in intensity and just shot I self into orbit. I just love it. With army of bad guys coming Arrow will need his band of good guys. I wonder how his sister’s boyfriend will turn out. Barry’s story turned out wrong was a great way for him to turn into The Flash. This will be great. I’m really looking forward to each and every episode.

2. Zorkel says:

I can of wait for more of Arrow. Definitely my favorite show that I watch.

3. Mikaylah says:

It was so good! All the Oliver/Felicity interaction was beautiful, Barry was amazing, Digg showed some serious moves, and we even got to see Laurel! YAY! I am so looking forward to the other half of this season.

• clearhaven says:

I know right! Olicity was beautiful in this episode. I love how they’re making them slowly approach the fact that they have feelings for each other. It’s beautiful to watch :’)

4. Brian says:

So will John Barrowman make another appearance. It sure sounds like it but I’d love some confirmation. Even though he is not the Big Bad this year he is by far the most compelling villain we have seen so far. I hope that he continues to ghost in and out with Oliver remaining oblivious to his arch foe’s survival.

5. Nicole says:

Tommy’s appearance was amazing enough to make this episode a top ten easily but then to get the Flash origin right at the end? Top five episode easily. Arrow is no joke this season. It’s the real deal. A well crafted, well written, well acted fun exhilarating show.

• Sparky says:

So is the Flash a definite as it’s own show for next fall? Not sure who is playing the Flash/Barry is the right amount of geek and cuteness with Felicity and as a character and actor I can see him pulling off the lead in his own show. Whatever it is about Greg Berlanti the man has the Midas touch with shows – I have yet to see him screw up a show. Didn’t expect to like Arrow but I find it’s the one show that I definitely have to tune into on the CW. Great job and can’t wait for Jan to see what happens next.

• Merissa W. says:

^^THIS^^ :)

• Whitney says:

The mid season finale was amazing! It was so action packed. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D please take note. Slade YES! Team Arrow YES! Barry YES! Roy YES! Oliver putting on the mask BIG YES!

Seeing Tommy again broke me, why didn’t Laurel die instead? She is totally useless. Such a disappointing adaptation of Dinah. Tommy Merlyn was awesome! Why oh why? And poor Shado!!

6. Brendan says:

That was one hell of an episode!

7. Cate Amos says:

I just hate that we have to wait until the middle of January to pick up where we left off.

8. Tori says:

I love Grant Gustin as Barry, I am sorry we will not get to see him in costume as planned later in the season. I am keeping my fingers cross in the true hope that the Flash pilot will be green light for series; since that will be the only way we will get to see Grant in costume because pilots do not aired without a series pickup.

• Trenton says:

He will still be back i’m guessing. Multiple villains require multiple heroes ;p My guess is he shows up at the end or pre end to help save Ollie and company…then he leaves, and the pilot will be something similar to what VD and the Originals did. It will show his actions while everything else goes on…that would be a smart way to approach it and give peeps a look at the flash in case they make the mistake of not ordering it as a show.

• I believe that was the plan, but instead of him showing up in ep. 20 as a backdoor pilot, they decided he’d just get his own real pilot. That said, they’d definitely have to crossover the shows in Arrow ssn. 3 and Flash’s first season.

• Trenton says:

As a planted pilot…was the original intent, where as now he is going to have his own pilot…but none of that means he can’t show up as a character anymore…just it won’t be the pilot episode of Flashing? FlashDance 2 the Flashining? What evs it would be called, he still can show up to help…and I think they would have him just in case the show isn’t picked up would be such a bummer not to get a payoff and see him with powers.

• Gail says:

If they didn’t have the last scene where the lightning strikes and Barry has become the Flash, it would be possible for Barry to come back to Arrow without it being the Flash pilot. However since the has just become the Flash what happens next is the pilot, there is no way around it. If for some reason the Flash pilot does not lead to a series, which unless they really screw it up, I find doubtful based on the buzz and ratings for last week’s show, I would guess they would include it as a bonus on a future Arrow DVD / bluray just like the included the failed Aquaman pilot with a Smallville season set. WB knows there are fans that want to see this.

• Gail says:

Sorry it should say ” However since Barry has just become the Flash what happens next is the pilot, there is no way around it. “

• Eliza says:

I agree. I love him too!

9. Geo says:

Dear Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,

Your homework over the winter break is to study every episode of Arrow and learn how a great comic book show is done. ’cause tonight… now THAT’S how you do it!

• Gaara says:

Agents of Shield is not a comic book show; it’s just a procedural with some random MCU elements.. and it doesn’t even know how to play with them. Such a waste : (

• Jake says:

Which is why I stopped watching Agents of SHIELD, and why this show gives me the biggest DC comic fan smile every time I watch it. (Especially this season).

• Carrie says:

Please, no. I wouldn’t want AoS to turn into this show. They are very different and it should stay that way.

• telstone says:

Exactly my feeling. I keep trying to watch Shield but I get bored and lose interest EVERY time. This shows characters are so much more likeable AND believable! Love Ollie and his gang!

• John 1138 says:

I don’t see that as their problem, AoS does nothing for me as of yet while I’m a huge fan of Arrow, and yet I’ve never read any of the comics.

• Burkey says:

I guess you’re forgetting how sub par the first half of season 1 of Arrow was, then. It took until this season to fully reach its potential, too. Comparing the two shows is just silly.

10. LPala says:

What – no comments about Shado? I loved her character and am not happy with the writers for doing away with her so soon. So It was a disheartening episode for me. Plus I never liked Barry Allen.

• Zorkel says:

Though I love Barry, I do agree about Shado. He death was disappointing. There is still so much they could have done with her. I would have rathered Slade and Oliver having a Fallon out over something else, and have Shado torn between them, with her later reappearing in present day.

• WordsRWind says:

I also agree that Shado could have been used a lot more, but as much more than a love triangle. I really think her best episode was when she had Oliver slap the bowl of water over and over. However that being said I am not that disappointed with her death. It was certainly shocking (especially after Oliver’s hallucination which implied she was still alive) and most importantly it moves the story forward. It sets up bringing Slade to the present day story line. More importably it expands and enhances the current character of Oliver Queen. The biggest difference between him before and after the island was not the fighting skills he obtained but his transformation from boyhood to manhood. The Lance family, Shado, Slade all suffered due to Oliver’s selfish impulses and he is to blame for the current situation. Shado’s death and Slade’s reaction likely starts his awakening as the man he is today.

• clearhaven says:

Hmm…nice wrap up. Never thought of the episode that way.

• Auntie Ralph says:

It is a shame though that she existed more as a plot device than a real character. I mean she still was fleshed out okay, but ultimately her value seemed to be training Ollie and motivating Slade in death. Characters from both gender can end up as this and often do, but one can still wince since Women in Refrigerators hasn’t entirely died off.

• Patrick says:

The actress that plays here is somewhat in demand in the Asia region. Given the focus on Olicity (which is fine), she may have been too expensive to keep around for only a few minutes each week.

• clearhaven says:

OMG I love Barry Allen. He’s right for flash. Just when you think he’s nobody and a clutz, there’s more to him than meets the eye! Perfect!

11. mac says:

Hope Malcom is featured more next half, missed the guy already

12. Pati says:

The episode was so good, loved everything about it. Really like the new guy. As far as Oliver and Felicity go, it was kind of painful to watch, I want them together but Oliver was just not feeling it. I would be uncorfortable if I were Diggle, I want Oliver to give her at least a little sign that he feels the same

• Lilly says:

Loved this episode too, but I still think they’ve ramped Felicity’s character development into overdrive. I LOVE her character, but I think they should have given her more time to turn into the “siren” she is now. I thought her geeky, quiet, shy beauty was charming. Likewise with the Felicity/Ollie sexual tension.

• kath says:

I agree. As much as I want Oliver and Felicity together, it seems like she’s moving much faster than he is. I can appreciate that he’s shut himself off from relationships but I don’t want her to look like an idiot for caring for him.

I don’t like her new sexed-up wardrobe. Isabel is right, she does look like a person who slept her way into the job. And those super high heels on her shoes are ridiculous. Bring back the adorkable panda ballet flats.

• clearhaven says:

I understand where you’re coming from, but I think Oliver is being hesitant with his feelings for Felicity’s own good. He’s a ‘bad boy’ and has been constantly leaving a trail of broken hearts, most of which were caused by circumstances he could not control. I don’t think he wants that to happen to Felicity, but I definitely see that he’s attracted to her.

• Alichat says:

I think he was giving signs tonight, but they were subtle. A good example is the argument about her exposing his secret to Barry. He was more hurt that she’d done that than angry. And when he said “I’ll come back.” I did think her running to hug him was a little much, but he reciprocated the hug.

• Ella says:

Yeah, he is NOT feeling it. I am not sure if that’s the writers or Stephen Amell (since he is like BFFs with Katie Cassidy and has made it clear there are no jealous feelings there because they are like siblings) but I agree, it was painful to watch. Olicity seems inorganic, forced and almost incestuous.

• Riley says:

So I suppose you’re a canon shipper?

• Emily says:

Sorry but this made me laugh! What are you talking about? Amell has the most beautiful things to say about Olicity! I’d quote but we would be here all day let me quote one or two “Felicity is his girl” “I’ll all for it [refering to Olicity], I keep going through script [ pretends to flip through a script] going come on, come on, ok next time!”

Olicity is IT! Just ask Larry King!!

13. Garnet74 says:

It was a fantastic episode. Perfect mid-season finale that really left you on a great cliffhangery note of Uh oh! Really makes you want the show to hurry back so you can see what happens next. Loving Oliver and Felicity, but feeling bad for Felicity. I think the show’s leaving Oliver’s feelings ambiguous so Felicity will be uncertain, reluctant, vulnerable, etc., so she’s in a position to be manipulated and used and “corrupted” in this revenge quest.

• clearhaven says:

I hope they don’t manipulate her feelings for him though :( That would be painful to watch.

• speaklife says:

I can’t shake the feeling that they are setting her up to be corrupted. I was sad when Slade said i will corrupt those he loves and they showed her. I was like no!!!!!!!!!!! I knew they were going to do something so we would not like felicity and start rooting for Laura. I honestly think it is bad taste in their part. I love this show but I will be very disappointed if they corrupt her.

14. James D says:

Nerdgasm can’t be contained! fortunately Barry was in the right place at the right time Flash will be need because Deathstroke is coming and he’s pissed. This show is to flipping good. on a sidenote great job from the make-up team Manu looked so similar to Slade from the comics, with the silver streaks in his hair and the goatee, awesome.

• david says:

As of now barry is not going to make another appearance. I love how the arrow family including roy will be involved with slade just like in the comics

• James D says:

I know right,and a possible super-powered Red Arrow to boot :) (I’m not sure what is going to happen with Roy though) you’re right Barry isn’t set to appear again i think it was just wishful thinking on my part. it would be so awesome to see a flash vs deathstroke live action fight scene.

15. Maryann says:

I am just disappointed that Shado is dead. Isn’t there some hope that it might turn out to be a mistake? I just have the sinking feeling that out of all the supposedly dead people that have turned out to be alive, she won’t be one of them.

16. Jared says:

This season of Arrow has become must see TV for me. The show has become so much more fast passed with the storytelling which is great for a superhero type of show. Love the Barry Allen character as well as Roy getting a bigger storyline with Arrow in the back half of the season. I hope Det. Lance is one of those people who learns Oliver’s secret and gets brought into the Arrow team with Felicity and Diggle.

17. clearhaven says:

Lol Was I the only one that hoped when Oliver was injected, it was with that Mirakuru super-human serum? Such crushed hopes…
    I think with Flash coming up, I don’t want him to steal Arrow’s shine, so i’m kind of hoping Arrow ends up with super powers too. I’m not familiar with the comics, so I’m sure what I’m hoping maybe far-fetched.
    GREAT episode! Had to keep rewinding to watch my fave scenes :)

• PsiHawk says:

I hope they do not end up giving Ollie any kind of powers. As you said you do not read comics… so just to put this to you…
      What sets Green Arrow, and Bat-Man (Just to name 2) above all of the other heroes in the DC Universe…
      They have no powers. they are human, not aliens (Superman, Marian Man Hunter, Hawk Man/Hawk Girl) They don’t have Futuristic or Alien Technology (Green Lantern, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold)… They haven’t been infused with Magic or Gifts from Gods.. (Wonder Woman, Shazam, Zatana).. And they aren’t from an Underwater Kingdom (Aquaman)….

They are just normal humans who have honed their bodies and skills to a super human level, and used their extensive finances to purchase state of the art gar and equipment to aid in their crime fighting.

So injecting Arrow with anything… changes who he is.

• clearhaven says:

Thank you for this comment. Was just a bit worried that the criminals are becoming more sophisticated and super human, so the war kinda feels unfair on Arrow’s part. Nevertheless, if he has a way of beating them despite their advantage, I don’t mind him having no ‘super’ powers :)

18. Michelle says:

I wanted to give up on this show, but this season has been better than the first. Also I dislike Laurel so much….

• telstone17 says:

I so agree. Laurel has no charisma. It almost looks they’re going to involve her more with Blood! That will make things interesting. I’m also not hugely in love with the Black Canary, but at least she’s more interesting than her screen sister.

• clearhaven says:

I think she’s okay, it’s just that she’s at a very confusing stage in her life right now, just like Oliver but his has more appeal because we see he’s progressing. Laurel on the other hand, not so much. What I wouldn’t want to see is both of them(Oliver and Laurel) ending up together, although the writers may be inclined to follow the comic story to the letter. I just hope they don’t with regards to their relationship. She needs someone stable, not Olly. Plus she’s too emotional. Felicity is as well, but she has a way of camouflaging and handling it with her quirkiness and bluntness. You see how Olly walks out on Felicity when he has nothing to say or is too jumbled up to figure out a comeback, and she doesn’t hold it against him? If he did that to Laurel, she would cry.

• Ruby says:

This show needs to either figure out what to do with Laurel to make her more interesting or ditch her altogether. Right now it’s like two shows, the one that is exciting and awesome (Ollie’s side) and some weird intermission where you get to catch up on your naptime (Laurel and anything to do with her.)

• Nicole says:

The issue is that Laurel is not well written. They have given that screentime to Felicity and Sarah and Shado now (frankly, none of whom are as interesting as Laurel) but even prior to that, she was written badly. Katie Cassidy is awesome and more than capable of playing, cool, badass characters. They just need to give her that material. So far, all they are supplying her with is angst, melodrama and antagonism. She is the leading lady, she is the love of Oliver’s life. Show that, and the comics, some respect writers.

• Riley says:

I’m not saying that the comics weren’t awesome. But there is a difference. I love Katie Cassidy. I loved her on Supernatural and GG, but I just can’t see her as Laurel. I think the reason I have begun to root more for Felicity (besides the fact that she’s like me but blonder and a LOT smarter) is because I’ve just been turned off from Laurel. I liked Laurel in the beginning of the show, but the same thing kept holding her back. I get the whole first love business, and while I see your point of the angsty melodrama, maybe that’s the way they’re trying to portray her, maybe they want to move away from the canon norm. I think Katie Cassidy IS suited for badass roles, but Laurel just isn’t badass. At least not right now. The whole point of the TV show is to BASE it on the comics, not copy from it. I can’t see the whole love-of-his-life bit on Arrow, at least not yet. Probably Slade will “corrupt” Felicity, kill her (hopefully not), and the writers will make Laurel their leading lady. All they need to do is develop Laurel’s character. (And Diggle and Felicity, because what really do we know about them, truly?)

• ChrisGa says:

Katie Cassidy usually is awesome–I fondly remember when she stole the Melrose reboot out from under every actor on that show, including Heather Locklear; she was EVERYTHING on that show–but I’m just not feeling her in this particular role. Yeah, it could come down to the writing, but I’m not seeing that same firecracker I’ve seen in previous roles.

• Isabel says:

Laurel is the most boring cardboard cut out on the show. From the pilot her self righteous CNRI attitude bothered me. And I’m almost ashamed to say (because of just how awesome the show is) I almost stopped watching. There was a lack of chemistry and no gel with the characters. Until the introduced Team Arrow. And of course Felicity Smoak, the first to make Oliver genuinely smile. This isn’t even a shipper thing. Just the facts. Oliver/Felicity/Diggle is the best dynamic on the show. The chemistry between the three alone is reason enough to become an Arrowhead. But when you capture that rare natural chemistry that Amell and Rickards have to you have to hold onto. So I credit the writers for recognizing a good thing, else the show was at the time lackluster in making the audience care. Now this is coming from a fan of Dinah Lance, but this adaptation has been weak. Laurel has not been written well, received well, or compelling. Amell is gorgeous and dynamic, Cassidy is beautiful but all the kings horses and all the kings men couldn’t make these pair have chemistry. It’s just so weak. But the great thing is Dinah and Oliver don’t end up together in the comics, they separate and in the new ones she’s Dinah Drake with little interaction with the Green Arrow. So my two cents. Shape up Laurel, do something with her. But forget Laurel and Oliver’s relationship the ship has capsized just like the Queen’s Gambit. Heck it’s the titanic and it hit an iceberg. But as individuals they could be good. Just pull Laurel’s head out of her behind. Almost 30 episodes in total and Laurel Lance is a complete wash.
        Katie Cassidy was fantastic on Supernatural (no disrespect to her).

19. M3rc Nate says:

Love the show, but the Laurel scenes are weak. 1) Yet again they put the “main” female who is currently not in a relationship (yet) with the main male character into the arms of the bad guy who hasnt been revealed to the characters as bad. Lemme guess what happens, she eventually finds out, queue the damsel in distress music, Arrow (Oliver) comes and saves her.
    2) If it wasnt for them forcing her with Blood/Bad guy, she would barely be on the show, hence they wrote it that way cause they need their “lead/main” female actress written into the show somehow, and she doesnt have any good organic story lines. Caity Lotz is busy being the awesome badass Black Canary/Sarah and Emily is busy being the cute/adorable/cool/overly trusting/naive Felicity, the Mom is busy being a strong cool mom and Thea is busy with her BF.
    I will say im not really a fan of Shado’s death only because she was a pretty cool character but she ended in a way that was basically just a plot device for the two male characters. And i didnt even really feel like Oliver choose Sarah cause he loved her or something, but its Laurel’s sister, his history there and it being his fault she was on the boat, his reasoning for protecting her i see as hes keeping her alive cause he needs to try to get back home with her and return her to her family.
    Oh and im TOTALLY on Oliver’s side about telling Barry his identity. Yeah i get it that they “needed too” to save his life. But her “i trust him!” and crap…while watching i wish Oliver would have been real and said “you’ve known him for 48 hours or less Felicity! And you have a puppy dog crush on him! And you bet my life, Diggles life, your life, and my families lives all on your 48hr long crush! What if he tells the police? I get arrested and put in jail for life, you & diggle as well as accomplices, and my sister and mother lose me in their lives!”. Her naive unapologetic “well…you told diggle! and you told me!” crap was annoying. And we only know Barry never would cause we knew going in Barry was gonna be Flash and a great guy…so in the shows reality they dont know if he would talk or not. They dont know hes destined to be a super hero eventually in the Justice League.

• Important feedback. says:

Laurel is so not the female lead on this show anymore. Felicity has stolen her place.

• Matty says:

PUH-LEASE. 12 year old fan girls may love Felicity, as do I, a woman in her 20′s, but Katie Cassidy is much, much, MUCH more capable of carrying a show as a leading lady than EMR. I find Oliver/Felicity interactions painful and staged. Plus, Laurel’s hotter.

• Juliana says:

I love Katie Cassidy, loved her on Melrose Place (yeah, i watched it), loved her appearances in other shows, but Laurel is not a interesting character. EMR may not have showed if she is as great as an actress but her character is a lot better.

• Riley says:

I love Katie too, but this is about Laurel, not Katie. Sure, Laurel could be a great character if the writers actually made her interesting and let Katie do her badass thing, but the whole angst thing isn’t working. Right now, in the show, Felicity is the leading lady. It doesn’t mean she’s carrying the show, but she has much more of a story than Laurel does, who just shows up like 10 minutes in (not every) an episode. And I do believe they are pushing the Olicity relationship, they are degrading Felicity. We all know what’s going to happen.

• Deathstroke says:

Shouldn’t it be EBR, instead of EMR. Learn the name before you start dissing someone. No one ia doubting Katy Cassidy’s acting chops. But the leading lady of a show is someone who has the strongest presence in terma of their storylines, presence and the effect they have on other characters. Laurel’s character has basically been relegated to doing clerical stuff in B & C- plotlines, while EBR gets to do all the important. analysis, sometimes wven getting in on the qction and interacting with the main cast, guest stars and hell, even Quentin, which is more than what can be said about his own daughter. And she does that while dressing immaculately aand looking absolutely gorgeous.

• Laura says:

Thank you for posting that. I would also like to point out that EBR has been doing more press/interview for Arrow. Katie has done very little press and has very little presence in the story.

• A-IsWatchingYou says:

Maybe you should learn how to spell Katie’s name before having a go at someone for not doing the same.

• sunflower says:

Saying that you’re in your “20′s” sounds like you’re 21 or 21 and a half :D And Katie Cassidy is not that good of an actress – sure,she can play,but.. she was never great. I’ve watched her in SPN and GG, and while in SPN she was good enough,in GG her acting was medium,at best. Maybe her character wasn’t well-written but I can’t judge the script, I see what’s in front of me. While Emily Bett Rickards was like a gulp of fresh air,and that’s what Oliver needs,not some drama-filled-relationship-in-which-he-slept-with-her-sister-who-presumably-died-on-his-watch-and -his-dead-best-friend… the list I think could go on for a while. But after all,it’s just a TV show and everyone has a right to have an opinion and to manage his/her personal life however he/she wishes.

• Dominator of destruction says:

Shado is hotter than both

• Jenny says:

Oh please. I’m “a woommannn” *just making fun of the way you said it* and I’m 21 and I ADORE FELICITY! Her character, her whole persona is amazing! Laurel needs to move to another town. Her stupid open mouth pout and never ending dear in the headlights look is getting so old. And “Laurel is hotter” really sounds like argument of a “wommmannnn” Felicity is much more attractive IMO. I choose the blonde any day!

• Mary says:

I like Felicity, but I don’t really understand the hype and the near-hysteria surrounding her or the actress who portrays her either. Felicity is likeable, but is she really the most important female character on the show and the most important woman in Oliver’s life, as some posters here claim? Even if we disregard Laurel, what about Thea or Moira (or Shado in the past)? I think some viewers/fans just read too much into what is really happening on screen, like those tumblr shippers who are convinced that Oliver was “jealous” of Barry, although casual viewers probably didn’t detect any jealousy at all (and although Stephen himself has stated that there was no jealousy on Oliver’s part).

As for Felicity’s role in the show, she strikes me as the prototypical somewhat quirky tech geek that we see in so many other shows, both sci fi and procedural. Unfortunately her character portrayal has been pretty stagnant this season-as I see it she is mostly used to deliver funny/quirky commentary, drive the plot, give expositional information and occasionally function as a deus ex machina plot device with her unreal capacities (like knowing Russian and hacking into Russian government sites). She has also been used as what some folks call “ship fodder”, to attract those viewers who would like to see a Felicity/Oliver romance. While the notion that Felicity is Oliver’s true love and endgame is very common in comment sections like these, I think it’s far too early to predict anything on the basis a few Olicity moments, which could easily be interpreted as mere friendship by non-shipper viewers. Not ALL viewers/fans feel that Oliver and Felicity have an intense sensual chemistry-in fact, many viewers would prefer if their relationship stayed platonic. As the TPTB keep pushing the Olicity romance, both in the show and in their online marketing, people are starting to protest against the forced interaction between characters who they feel are more like siblings than lovers. In fact, have seen lots of forum threads where fans protest against what they feel is mere fan service lately.

Now, many commentators claim that Laurel and Oliver have even less chemistry, but I don’t see this as a reason for implementing an Oliver/Felicity romance and letting Felicity take the role of leading lady and love interest. As far as I understand, the general strategy of the writers is to keep Oliver out of any serious relationship, at least this season. As he said himself in “Keep Your Enemies Closer”, he can’t be with anyone he really cares for (and that would include Felicity). Furthermore, the “young insecure girl being in love with her handsome and heroic boss” is just as much a cliché as the “star-crossed” lovers Laurel/Oliver relationship…there is nothing new and revolutionary about what the writers are doing (or over-doing) with Felicty and Oliver. It would have felt more organic and natural if the writers hadn’t rushed their interaction to please the Internet shippers, making Felicity sometimes act like a jilted lover, although the two of them really haven’t started any romantic relationship yet (I don’t consider an unrequited love/admiration a relationship).

Anyway, I think it’s far too early to make any kind of predictions where the show is heading, whether it concerns Laurel’/Katie Cassidy’s role or Oliver’s romantic liaisons or anything else. The “Arrow” showrunners know very well how to “play” the audience with juicy tidbits and “moments”, especially the shipper viewers, who are very easily excited. However, that doesn’t say much about where the characters or the series will be in season four or five.

• Jenny says:

Laurel is awful! Sorry but she is the only character who’s presence is just not needed!!! Don’t care for her really.

• phuong says:

I feel bad for saying this but when Laurel wasn’t in the previous episodes I didn’t miss her and preferred it. When I saw her come back on the screen in this episode reminded me that she was in this show. I keep trying to like her character because she is the main lead but for some reason it just isn’t working.

• Lilly says:

The reason we don’t like Laurel is because she reminds us of all the simpering females we know. I am sympathetic to women going through struggles, sure, but I’m just “over” Laurel’s woe-is-me life (even if she doesn’t exactly say that – they’re implying that she’s abusing alcohol and/or drugs). Sorry, but there’s enough of that in real life; this show is about heroes and villains and the struggle between good and evil. I’ll get my melodrama from a soap if I want it! Just my opinion….

• Elizabeth says:

I get that he’s upset and why. However, what kind of choice was there? They did what they could to preserve the location by drugging Barry. Felicity knows how much Barry respects the vigilante and what he does, and why. What was the alternative, calling 9-1-1 (which probably wouldn’t get to the Glades fast enough to do any good) and *definitely* getting Oliver charged for multiple murders, or taking a chance on Barry?

And what if Barry tells the police? All they have to do to compromise his reputation is let it be known that he lied to his superiors at home and that he wasn’t asked to come consult on the case. That would cut his credibility with the cops no end. Besides, I have the feeling Lance would probably try to do what he could to help them keep the identity secret, if it really came to it. Season one, he would have smoked Oliver like a hog, but this season, I don’t think he would.

So, no perfect choices, but I think Felicity made the only rational one to make.

20. Jenny says:

My god, tonight was PERFECT!!! I’m still oh so excited !! Amazing episode…did not see the Slade twist coming! Also seeing Tommy trying to encourage him ahh. Great moment. Loved Flash def gonna tune into his show. And the mask..so badass… Love this show.

• Auntie Ralph says:

Here’s what I love about this show: I just knew Slade was going to show up in the present at some point, and that something with Shado would probably turn him bad (kind of hoped it wasn’t her death but there it was). However, I did not call at all that Brother Blood would be working for him, and the reveal would be in the middle of the season like this. Even if you predict stuff with this show it can still surprise you with the revelations, which is damn nice.

21. Kelly Konda says:

Reblogged this on We Minored In Film and commented:
    Arrow’s producers dish to TVLine about the backstory behind the mid-season finale, “Three Ghosts,” as well as tease what to expect when the show returns with new episodes in January.

22. Knight says:

As a fan of the series, and DC comics in general I feel this episode’s reveals were too much too fast. They introduced Brother Blood this season only to make him a lackey of Slade(Deathstroke), I was hoping for more than that. I hate that when Manu was annouced as a regular that this storyline became kind of obvious. Next thing you know Slade’s going to be a H.I.V.E. Executive or something to explain how he ammased so much power when we’ve been lead to believe he was a simple soldier by what we’ve been shown on the island.

Barry and Felicity are cute together and other than Gustin not being fair haired (which they could fix now that he’s been struck by lightning,) no complaints. Laurel’s taste in men is awful, Alderman Blood, man of the people, mass murderer, good choice Laurel, what happened to the Assistant District Attorney who was trying to romance her? Frankly, they need to do something with her soon, she’s shaping up to be the show’s most worthless character, aside from “Island Sara”.

I’m not big on Ollie and Felicity; unrequited love suits them best. Oliver hurts the women he cares about Sara, Laurel and Shado have all suffered. Felicity’s a sweet girl with a crush and she doesn’t deserve the drama. I like Felicity so I don’t want her and Oliver together. Personally, Oliver’s endgame should be Laurel, she’s tough has more than enough scars but still some how loves him; He slept with her sister getting her killed (as far as laurel knows) in the process, had sex with him shortly after breaking up with Tommy and shortly before he died, that’s a boat load of drama yet they still love each other.

Shado’s death was a waste of a good actress, instead of building on how Ollie and Slade fell apart they instantly destroyed all of the brotherly banter that made the Wilson/Queen duo so much fun. Sara Lance, I could do without, at least the island version, she’s been so unhelpful and pointless, other than leading ollie to make a bad choice I haven’t seen her do anything constructive.

Roy getting injectected with the Miraculu, seriously? The character had so much potential, but sadly he’s probably going to be more agressive and mirror Slade on the island becoming nothing more than a way for the writers to illustrate how Slade changed. We’re likely to see Ollie make the right choices with Roy rather than the wrong ones that he did with Slade. I was hoping Roy would become a hero based on desire and effort showing that he rose above the glades not because he was dating a rich girl or because of a super soldier formula but because he couldn’t stand by and watch anymore suffering.

I feel like they sucked alot of the potential out of this series, I love the show but from a good storytelling perspective it feel like they closed more doors than they opened with this one.

Am I being too picky? What do you guys think?

• Lizzie says:

all those reasons you said about laurel/olivcer are the reasons why I can’t ship them

laurel supposed to be the independent women on this show, but they stuck her with a guy who keep lying to her, cheat on her and she seems always coming back for more, there are too much baggage, how can they are in love if they didn’t even trust each other? if she’s my friend in real life, I would say dump that man!
      if the writers didn’t put that much drama on those two I probably ship them, I don’t care about chemistry and I really like black canary/green arrow, but their drama just too much for me

honestly rather than focus on her love life, I prefer the writers make her more likeable, her story really bland, sara actually the one who put some life into this whole black canary arc, we already reach half season 2 and people opinions about laurel just getting worse and worse

• I totally understand why comics fans in general want Laurel and Oliver to be endgame, but i think the show should be evaluated by itself, what works and what doesn’t. And Laurel just isn’t working as a character. I like the chemestry that Oliver and Felicity have, but i think the feelings are onesided (Felicity), as Oliver have too much going on to think about her in the romantic sense. So it will probably be unrequited for a while, if it happens at all.
      About Roy i think his transformation will be used as a parallel to Slade on the island but also will help to build a trust between he and Arrow, so i’m cool with that.

• Riley says:

THANK YOU!! <3 I like olicity, but I hope it doesn't happen soon, and I think I would be okay if it didn't happen at all, as long as felicity got a cute beau (Barry) and they all are happy. (really sappy but its the truth!)

• Elizabeth says:

I, for one, wouldn’t mind a slow reveal on Olicity. However, I totally do not go for her going with Barry. If they’d introduced him first and she’d taken to him first, that would be one thing, but I’m really sick of the constant gypping of female geek characters in television series. Seriously, how often do we have to see the female geek on the show falling for one of the alpha males, only to be shoved into the friend zone and then, if the writers are feeling magnanimous, get a nicely giftwrapped geek of her own?

I wouldn’t mind it as an occasional thing, but as it stands, it just removes the viability of the female geek character and makes her a stereotype instead of a real part of the show.

Don’t get me wrong, I really liked Barry, so it really kind of made me sick.

However, I’m under no illusions that’s exactly what we’ll see. :(

• JC says:

Barry has his own show though, with his own love interest, so there isn’t any future in the Barry/Felicity pairing.

• James D says:

Like you I’m a huge fan of DC Comics and this show. I agree that the storyline is very predictable, but for me personally I let it slip because I’m a big fan of Manu Bennett and Deathstroke is one of my favorite villains in all comics. I Completely agree with you on the Roy angle though I find it lacking in creative storytelling, it seems pretty clear that Ollie will cure him somehow by the end of the season and the bond they develop will lead Ollie to train him as the Red Arrow, i prefer your idea of him raising above his circumstances on his own merit. As for Laurel i agree with Juliana that this show needs to be viewed by itself, but with that said I find it hard to believe they have her on this show and not eventually turn her into Black Canary, and have her as Ollie’s main love interest, I also agree she is a weak character more so this season, but I choose to tune her out at this point because I think it will be interesting to watch her transformation from weak character (who has the worst taste in men in the history of the earth) to a strong independent ass-kicker. I love felicity and don’t want her to get involved with Oliver only because it would surly mean her eventual demise, it is hard to deny the two have chemistry though.

• JC says:

You have a point about Roy. I’m not totally thrilled about that, but I’m choosing to be cautiously optimistic at this point. And I’m still kind of hoping they find a way to reverse the effects so that Roy’s new superpowers aren’t permanent. What it does do that I like is force Oliver to take a direct interest in Roy’s life now. He’s going to be invested in saving him, instead of just reluctantly tolerating him, and I’m looking forward to seeing that change in dynamic. I disagree about Laurel and Oliver. I don’t want to see them together at all. Arnell and Cassidy had no chemistry from day one IMO, even without the characters’ horribly overly melodramatic storyline. And I’m not saying that as an Olicity shipper. IMO Oliver’s had better chemistry with Sara, Shado, McKenna, Isabel, and even Helena than he’s had with Laurel. And Laurel has become such a wreck of a character this season that I don’t think there’s any saving her. Ship her off to stay with her mother in offscreensville, or kill her off. I don’t care. But just get rid of her. The show needs to stop hanging on to her just because she has the name.

23. jessieboy says:

Great Episode, less of laurel, the better the show. Olivier and his team are great but I wish the fans would stop trying to push Oliver and Felicity together, the chemistry between the team is good acting, other then that, I could less about a romance. Good plots and exciting villains is what I crave.

24. enri says:

Amazing episode last night. I’m also enjoying the subtle moments between Olicity.

25. ChrisGa says:

Yeah, it was another great episode. The Tommy scene brought tears and reminded me that I still thought it was a HUGE mistake to kill that character off(and Colin Donnell is so swoon-worthy).
    The Barry scenes were pretty good too and I enjoyed Grant Gustin far more this go round than on his first episode.
    The weakest part of the episode, per usual, was anything involving Laurel. At this point it seems that she’s being shoehorned into story simply because she’s there and they don’t know what else to do with her. Personally, what I find more disturbing is whatever “work” Katie Cassidy has had done since the first season; the girl was STUNNING and now there’s something going on with her face/chin/nose/maybe eyes that pushes me to distraction during her scenes.

• Weezy says:

Chris,
      I thought I was losing my mind because I’ve been thinking the exact same thing! To me it looks like a weight thing. This season she looks unhealthily skinny to me, but that’s interesting on the plastic surgery angle. Maybe that’s it.

• JC says:

I loved the Tommy scene. But I disagree that it was a mistake to kill the character off. I’m glad they did, not because I disliked Tommy, but because if he’d lived, everyone would have kept expecting him to eventually go darkside and become Oliver’s enemy. I loved it that they went against everyone’s expectations of what was going to happen and changed the story. And I’m still hoping that they do the same with Laurel.

• Fen says:

I totally agree about the distracting changes in Katie Cassidy’s appearance! Not only is she disturbingly thin. I’m assuming the weight loss is what is making her face seem different. I’m hoping she did not have any “work” done. Maybe she is pulling a Matthew McConaughey-like acting transformation. I mean, after all, aren’t we supposed to believing she is carrying around the guilt of Tommy’s death and trauma from the doll-maker and last season with Cyrus Vanch, etc.? Maybe this is Katie Cassidy’s version of method acting.

26. jeremy says:

Did Oliver choose Sara or Ivo make it look like that he chose Sara?

• brenna says:

When Ivo chose and pointed the gun at Sara, Oliver jumped in front of it. Then Ivo shot Shado. I don’t like it when people suggest that Oliver chose Sara over Shado. He didn’t choose and shouldn’t be blamed for Shado’s death. I liked Shado but the show has to have some meaningful deaths like Shado and Tommy. You can’t have all villains die and the good guys never experience any loss.

• clearhaven says:

He chose none. I’m surprised why Ivo shot Shado even when Oliver jumped inbetween him and the girls. I thought Olly was telling Ivo to pick him instead. Besides, Ivo likes Sarah, so i’m sure he was never going to kill her.

27. brenna says:

Absolutely amazing episode from the beginning to the final shot. Can’t wait til Jan. 15.

28. Ella says:

I LOVED Grant Gustin as Barry. He needs to come back and become a regular, he has SPADES more chemistry with Felicity than Oliver, which, by the way, is like watching dysfunctional siblings, or stalker/object of their affection, fall for each other.

Also, not enough Laurel. Loved the Slade reveal but totally saw it coming and it still broke my heart a little :( Will Roy become the Kanima?! ;)

29. Rich Abey says:

In short…Best episode of the show (and not just of this season)!

30. B says:

Barry, swoon! : ) I’m loving Arrow and looking forward to The Flash pilot/series. This shows writers know what their doing and how to do it. A+

31. CJ says:

I was really sad to say goodbye to Shado so soon, but other than that, I loved every bit of this episode. Absolutely phenomenal job they are doing with this show. I recommend it to everyone, and I’ve already gotten half a dozen people hooked, though the show does that all on its own.

32. Really enjoyable 40+ minutes of Television with lots going on. Somethings were big leaps – like really, you have x saying/doing that? But overall it worked for me. I am a big fan of Team Arrow – so this episode had some great moments. Felicity putting on the mask was a nice peace offering to each other I think for some very negative emotions at the start of the epi when Oliver questioned her about bringing Barry onboard.

RIP Shado – loved her, and Ollie was put in an un win able position (although that scene has been interpreted in a couple of ways). Oliver’s romantic relationship history (and resulting fall out) really is a mess. I really don’t know that even if the show goes for 10 seasons he will ever be able to let go of his baggage enough to have a ‘True Love’ – certainly hasn’t got one yet IMO, especially when so far there has been some kind of betrayal/bad decision involved.

33. Sheldon W. says:

What? No mention of a certain lightning bolt and a mess of chemicals? That was kinda important too, wasn’t it?

Now I’m really pissed that there isn’t going to be a Barry Allen/Flash appearance in episode 20. If the pilot doesn’t sell,we’ll never get to see him in action!

34. JC says:

“Vigilante’s spears”? The scene where Diggle tells Oliver he might be feeling jealous…did I miss that or was it cut? Because I’ve seen the episode twice now and I can’t remember that.
    Anyway, I thought it was a really good episode. Barry was great, and despite my initial reservations I’m now looking forward to his series. Loved the scene where Oliver finds Roy and Sin in Thea’s room – his expressions through the whole thing were priceless. The scene with Tommy – that was really good too, and finding out Slade is behind Blood. We’ve got a lot of things going right now, and it’s going to be interesting to see how they all tie together. We have Sara and the League of Assassins/Ra’s al Ghul/Nyssa. We have Blood and Slade. There’s Isabel, and we still don’t know what her true motivations are. It would be interesting if she was not Talia as so many have speculated but is instead working with Slade. And what is Moira’s history with her? Malcolm will be back, and there’s the H.I.V.E. thing. What will happen with Roy, Thea, and Sin? A lot of things I’m looking forward to. I think the show has been great this season.
    That being said, there are a few things I’m not as happy about-that I wish the show had handled differently. One is Shado’s death. I guessed that she would die in this episode, but I didn’t expect it to be quite so random and pointless. Ivo’s marching them through the forest, and he just suddenly decides to stop and play sadistic head games with Oliver? That whole thing made no sense, and it was only to set up a reason for Slade to turn against Oliver, and that’s what irritates me, not that she died. I knew that Slade would eventually turn against Oliver, but I SO did not want it to be about Shado. The second is the Olicity thing. I feel like they’re starting to overplay this, and it was a little uncomfortable in this episode, at least for me. I enjoy Oliver and Felicity, and I loved when he rescued her from the Count, but here Felicity’s jealousy and concern for Oliver was just a little too obvious, and the hug at the end felt awkward. I didn’t feel like they earned that yet. And I’m frustrated that they seem to be ramping up Felicity’s feelings from a simple cute crush to a full unrequited love situation, and I’m not interested in that. Either do Olicity and commit to it, or don’t and just leave them as friends, but don’t make Oliver and Felicity another Clark and Chloe. And third is Laurel. Laurel is a disaster this season. I thought she was bad last season, but she was fantastic when compared to this season. I have no idea what they’re trying to do with her anymore, unless they’re trying to make her completely irrelevant to the show, in which case they’ve succeeded admirably. I don’t think there’s any saving the character anymore. They’ve put her in a position where she’s never going to be able to live up to either Felicity as the audience favorite and main woman in Oliver’s life, or to Sara’s League of Assassins-trained Black Canary, even if they try to shortcut the process somehow, say, for example, having Blood dose her with the serum. She can’t win at this point. And in spite of the writers talking about their mistake in season one of separating her from the main story, she’s been far more isolated and sidelined this season than ever. The writers need to cut their losses and let her go, sooner rather than later.

• Agree with some of the observations regarding Felicity in this episode – I actually found the ‘you sure it wasn’t fantasy island’ – comment to be very out of place for her.

• JC says:

I agree. That was way more catty than I would have expected from her, and I didn’t care for it She may not know the details but she knows that the island was hellish for Oliver. It seemed very out of character for her.

35. JC says:

It also occurred to me that “Three Ghosts” could also kind of apply to the three people in Oliver’s life that are back from the dead, so to speak, this season – Sara, Slade, and Malcolm. I don’t think that’s what the writers intended, but it’s an interesting parallel.

36. janean.comfort@gmail.com says:

when in the episode does diggle tell oliver that he may be jealous of felicity and barry?

37. Ally says:

OH MY GOSH. The middle season finale was AWESOME. A+
    The Island flashbacks killed me! Slade’s/Deathstroke arc beautifully introduced. Oliver and Felicity setting the screen on fire, the argument in the first 3 minutes was awesome! With Barry interjecting, “your mother shot you?”. They established his character very well in these two episode especially (emphasis on the especially) in the second.

The B-Team Roy, Sin and Thea another good dynamic. Particularly the Roy and Sin interactions. And they keeping making me love Sara more and more. And Island Oliver, gosh he suffered! No wonder he can be so stoic at times, the way he just fell when they killed Shado was perfect.

Slade’s speech as the camera focuses on Lance, Roy and Felicity. Was so exciting and chilling. What does he have in store for them? The Arrow writers are knocking it out of the park with this one. “Corrupt” our precious Felicity, I shudder to think of his diabolical plan…but the same time CANNOT WAIT! The driving forces are Team Arrow and Oliver/Felicity in all things! The chemistry is phenomenal. Their relationship (Olicity) has developed very beautifully and most importantly so naturally. The beauty of a slow burn ladies and gentlemen. You know it how amazingly explosive it is and you can’t wait but man are you enjoying it!

38. Leanna says:

I miss Tommy! I wish they hadn’t killed him off. It was such a cool idea to have him be the third ghost though.

39. GildedRose says:

This was such a great episode of Arrow. I wasn’t sure how they could leave off and take a break and have it “work” like it did in Season 1 but this worked really well. Having Slade wind up that episode with his speech about getting revenge on Oliver, on making hiim and those he cares about, suffer was really chilling. I loved it!

Now you’re left waiting for the show to return, wondering what this really smart, clearly capable and dangerous man is going to do and how he’ll manipulate each person in Oliver’s life to get what he wants. I’m wondering where Isabel fits into this because she has to otherwise her character is just a boring waste.

As always Arrow was full to the brim with great action and stunts. it’s always such a visual highlight for me and one of the reasons I love the show as much as I do. Another highlight for sure was Oliver and Felicity’s developing relationship. I like how Felicity is fighting admitting that her feelings for Oliver are changing but how can they not? Oliver is a great guy and a hero. Who wouldn’t fall in love with that? I’m wondering what will trigger Oliver realizing that he’s seeing Felicity as more than a friend too because dude, what guy wouldn’t fall for her? She’s awesome! So Oliver can’t be that dumb. Dude has to see what an amazing person she is and fall for her too. I’m looking forward to seeing that happen.

40. kath says:

This s how is my favorite guilty pleasure. Not sure how I’m going to last till Jan 15, not with that Olicity tease.

No, it’s not perfect, but it juggles suspense, character growth, drama, and relationships as well as anything else I’ve seen.

41. Haliface says:

oh my God I love this show…just can’t keep my eyes off missing a scene oouch ….very interesting…wish 15th Jan is tomorrow..can’t wait to see it

42. Jillian says:

This show keeps getting better! I got chills during the last scene with Barry. I have high hopes for the Flash pilot now.

43. Schwartzy says:

I still miss Tommy. It was nice to see him and Ollie back together again, even if only for a moment.

44. Hopefulolicityfan#1 says:

I think their should be pre-island flashbacks so we can see how much Oliver really changed.

45. ujjaini says:

i was shattered 2 see Shado die…she was one of my fav nd i thot it was she whu wud b training oliver nd making him d The Arrow he is…bt i was shocked 2 see him choose Sara over Shado.(ofcourse..y wud he not..he brought her 2 dis island)…bt the seperation of d trio, Shado dieing nd Slade turning in2 a monster nd planning 2 ruin Oliver’s life off-island is a highly drammatic plot bt very unhappy 2 c dem against each odr..nd Oliver needs 2 show some more of feelings for felicity..i hav 2 say dis is one of my fav shows…kept me hooked on..nd excited 4 d next episode 2 b aired…:D

46. Hook says:

Season two looks written by an 8 year old. Season one was better. Season 2 is too exagerrated & confusing.

47. Eve says:

Can’t wait for Laurel’s well deserved meltdown on all in the vicinity. I haven’t forgotten why she is conflicted with Oliver and pissed with Sara.

Writers really did a disservice with Laurel. Keep her angry and unsympathetic. Make everyone else the ones requiring sympathy and forgiveness. Hopefully the writers and editing group stop cutting out the scene that show Laurels vulnerability.

35 years of reading comics and this show is becoming more about Oliver and the clerk/computer geek and not his personal redemption/ relationship with Laurel? What’s happened?

I know that there is a plan but the decision to put Oliver with Felicity is all wrong and makes Oliver a very unsavory sort. The team could not survive that relationship when it ends because true to the spirit of the comic Oliver and Laurel will end this series as a couple.