Exclusive: Will & Grace Reunion on Sean Saves the World, Megan Mullally to Play Sean's [Spoiler]

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Sean Saves the World Megan MullallyPolish the martini glasses — and make sure there’s enough vodka to fill ‘em: Jack and Karen are reuniting.

Megan Mullally has signed on to appear alongside her Will & Grace sidekick Sean Hayes in an upcoming episode of his rookie NBC comedy Sean Saves the World, TVLine has learned exclusively.

And this time around, their alter egos literally share the same DNA.

Sources confirm that Mullally will play the sister of Hayes’ character in this season’s 17th episode, which shoots in early February.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What Will Be Renewed?

This marks Hayes and Mullally’s first onscreen reunion since Will & Grace ended its Peacock run nearly a decade ago.

The modestly-rated Sean was recently picked up for five additional episodes, bringing its Season 1 total to 18. A new episode airs this Thursday at 9/8c.

Comments (21)

• Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can NOT wait! :)

Comment by Morganic – December 10, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, I don’t watch the show but I loved Karen and Jack. I might check it out.

Comment by Juan – December 10, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is going to be extremely awkward if they do any of their usual Will & Grace banter.

Comment by Michael – December 10, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “It is going to be extremely awkward.”

Fixed.

Comment by Zane McGuire – December 10, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww I wanted her to be the mum but I still LOVE This news! I love this show ^_^

Comment by Valeria Dolores Kementari – December 10, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wonder what would be funnier, MM playing his sister or his ex-wife? Maybe the ex role has already been filled but it would’ve been a riot to see her play his former wife! Lol

Comment by Al – December 10, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she’s too young to be his mom, thank you very much!

Comment by clay – December 12, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When…please tell us when

Comment by GrandyA – December 10, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait!!! Jack and Karen reunited!!! I’ve been waiting for this news ever since it was announced that Sean Saves the World was picked up by NBC!!!

Comment by Eric7740 – December 10, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Megan Mullally saves Sean Saves the World!

Comment by Ed – December 10, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll check it , love those two

Comment by Joe – December 10, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heyaa i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly
    useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something
    back and aid others like you aided me.

Comment by My daughter thought – December 10, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Her interaction with Linda Lavin should also be priceless.

Comment by Jimmy – December 10, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sarah Jessica Parker!!!!! I love love LOVE Karen!!! (Would be AMAZING if her character’s name were Anastasia Von Beaverhausen) Just Jack is awesome. But Jack AND Karen? Fabulous!!!!!

Comment by Andrew – December 10, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been waiting for a Will&Grace reunion on the show. Since she’s playing the sister that leaves the door open for Debrah Messing to play the ex-wife. Can’t wait for the episode. I hope they bicker back and forth…..lol.

Comment by Greg J. – December 10, 2013 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perfect chemistry………bet they just fall in like they NEVER parted! Can’t wait!

Comment by Jackie Clonan – December 11, 2013 01:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I can’t wait!!!! I love them both soooooooooooo much!!

Comment by Nancy – December 11, 2013 04:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it show have been his ex wife! This show needs something. The home life with the daughter and mother is perfect and makes me laugh. The work side of the show is flat. I hate the boss and most of the work mates… it does not work. Love Megan Hilty…. she is fab in this!

Comment by Bearskills – December 11, 2013 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Our family loves Sean Saves the World. We think it should be the top rated show of the year!

Comment by Bill Sangel – December 11, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love for her to cone on the show yes yes yes

Comment by Calvin – December 14, 2013 01:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is brilliant news – Jack & Karen were one of the best double acts on television.
    If they’re playing brother & sister though does that mean there will be no inappropriate touching? The numerous times Jack motorboated Karen, or otherwise found a reason to hide his face in Karen’s cleavage, were always funny.
    I’d really like Megan’s character to be Karen but just by a different name. Make her a drunk, monied with outward disdain towards her husband, insecurities that she hides with put downs etc And maybe have Sean (the character) compare her to Karen from Will & Grace…

Comment by Ally_D – December 14, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post