Exclusive

Exclusive: Will & Grace Reunion on Sean Saves the World, Megan Mullally to Play Sean's [Spoiler]

Sean Saves the World Megan MullallyPolish the martini glasses — and make sure there’s enough vodka to fill ‘em: Jack and Karen are reuniting.

Megan Mullally has signed on to appear alongside her Will & Grace sidekick Sean Hayes in an upcoming episode of his rookie NBC comedy Sean Saves the World, TVLine has learned exclusively.

And this time around, their alter egos literally share the same DNA.

Sources confirm that Mullally will play the sister of Hayes’ character in this season’s 17th episode, which shoots in early February.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What Will Be Renewed?

This marks Hayes and Mullally’s first onscreen reunion since Will & Grace ended its Peacock run nearly a decade ago.

The modestly-rated Sean was recently picked up for five additional episodes, bringing its Season 1 total to 18. A new episode airs this Thursday at 9/8c.

1. Morganic says:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can NOT wait! :)

2. Juan says:

OMG, I don’t watch the show but I loved Karen and Jack. I might check it out.

3. Michael says:

It is going to be extremely awkward if they do any of their usual Will & Grace banter.

4. Awww I wanted her to be the mum but I still LOVE This news! I love this show ^_^

5. GrandyA says:

When…please tell us when

6. Eric7740 says:

I can’t wait!!! Jack and Karen reunited!!! I’ve been waiting for this news ever since it was announced that Sean Saves the World was picked up by NBC!!!

7. Ed says:

Megan Mullally saves Sean Saves the World!

8. Joe says:

I’ll check it , love those two

9. Heyaa i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly
    useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something
    back and aid others like you aided me.

10. Jimmy says:

Her interaction with Linda Lavin should also be priceless.

11. Andrew says:

Sarah Jessica Parker!!!!! I love love LOVE Karen!!! (Would be AMAZING if her character’s name were Anastasia Von Beaverhausen) Just Jack is awesome. But Jack AND Karen? Fabulous!!!!!

12. Greg J. says:

I’ve been waiting for a Will&Grace reunion on the show. Since she’s playing the sister that leaves the door open for Debrah Messing to play the ex-wife. Can’t wait for the episode. I hope they bicker back and forth…..lol.

13. Perfect chemistry………bet they just fall in like they NEVER parted! Can’t wait!

14. Nancy says:

OMG I can’t wait!!!! I love them both soooooooooooo much!!

15. Bearskills says:

it show have been his ex wife! This show needs something. The home life with the daughter and mother is perfect and makes me laugh. The work side of the show is flat. I hate the boss and most of the work mates… it does not work. Love Megan Hilty…. she is fab in this!

16. Bill Sangel says:

Our family loves Sean Saves the World. We think it should be the top rated show of the year!

17. Calvin says:

I would love for her to cone on the show yes yes yes

18. Ally_D says:

This is brilliant news – Jack & Karen were one of the best double acts on television.
    If they’re playing brother & sister though does that mean there will be no inappropriate touching? The numerous times Jack motorboated Karen, or otherwise found a reason to hide his face in Karen’s cleavage, were always funny.
    I’d really like Megan’s character to be Karen but just by a different name. Make her a drunk, monied with outward disdain towards her husband, insecurities that she hides with put downs etc And maybe have Sean (the character) compare her to Karen from Will & Grace…