Ratings: The Voice Boosts The Sing-Off's Return, Almost Human Ticks Up, Hostages Steady

Get More: Finales, News, Premieres, Ratings

Ratings Sing Off Season 4The Sing-Off‘s Season 4 premiere cued up 8.4 million viewers and a 2.4 demo rating this Monday night, improving on both its Season 3 opener (5.3 mil/1.9) and finale (4.2 mil/1.1), neither of which admittedly had the benefit of a Voice lead-in.

All told, NBC notes it was the a cappella competition’s best demo number since the Season 2 finale.

RELATED | The Sing-Off Season 4 Premiere Recap: For Whom the A Capella Tolls

Opening the Peacock’s night, The Voice did 13.2 mil and a 3.5 (per finals), rising 10 percent and a tenth week-to-week.

RELATED | The Voice Season 5 Semifinal Performance Recap: Keep Calm and ‘Carry On’

Elsewhere….

FOX | Almost Human (6.1 mil/1.8) ticked up a tenth, while Sleepy Hollow‘s fall finale (6.7 mil/2.2) was steady.

RELATED | Sleepy Hollow Fall Finale Recap: Six Thousand Little Ichabods

CBS | Mike & Molly (7.8 mil/2.0) fell 10 and 16 percent, the lone original in a sea of CBS sitcom repeats. Hostages (4.7 mil/1.1) added a handful of viewers while rock-steady in the demo.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Exclusive: [Spoiler] Is Back For One Last Encore

ABC | With NFL preemptions factored out, the onset of The Great Christmas Light Fight wound up with 5.5 mil and a 1.4.

Comments (28)

• I don’t know how anyone turned OFF that first number of the Sing-off!! Incredible!

Comment by Lilly – December 10, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that viewership number for The Sing off is wrong. Other sites are reporting 8 million viewers

Comment by Leondre – December 10, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Indeed. Amended.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 10, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad about “Almost Human”. I’m really liking that show.

Comment by Carrie – December 10, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hope it gradually ticks up to 2.0 or more.

Comment by ben – December 10, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually watched Sleepy Hollow LIVE last night. That’s the first time I’ve watched something live in ages. I don’t have much saved on my pvr right now so I guess I’ll be spending my spare time these next 4 weeks making homemade perogies and baking.

Comment by Ally Oop – December 10, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So where can we put in orders for all this cooking you’ll be doing? *big smile while begging*

Comment by tp – December 10, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m one of the rare Hostages fans, I like the show. But as it seems this will be the last 3 eps. :(( I think it would have potential to grow and be a lot better if they get S2.

Comment by Maki – December 10, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I started out being a big Hostage fan but they’ve dragged this out way to long. The only reason why I’m watching (recording) it now is to see how it ends. They really need to wrap this up. The last few episodes have been nothing but filler.

Comment by wrstlgirl – December 10, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How will the fact that ABC in Chicago having football affect these? Sort of scary to think these ABC shows did that well even if they are Xmas related

Comment by Boiler – December 10, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Quite possibly! It’s quite a cliffhanger.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 10, 2013 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Considering: 1) Chicago is 3rd largest market; 2) WLS is a very strong affiliate; 3) Bears always draw huge ratings; and 4) it was an exciting, thrilling game, expect a major adjustment.

Comment by DenverDean – December 10, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like sleepy hollow but they have Abbie playing the background character to Ichabod. The show is best when there’s more of a balance between the two. And no offense but I don’t like Ichabod/Katrina.

Comment by cilla – December 10, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The first half of the season was all about Abbie’s backstory, and Crane followed her around like an eager puppy. Why weren’t you complaining about inequity then? The fact of the matter is, Ichabod Crane’s history is every bit as important as Abbie’s, and they finally got around to exploring it.

Comment by meem – December 10, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, no more Katrina please! Trying to like her but I just can’t. I think they need to find a balance between the Ichabod and Abbie’s stories. Back and forth each week or something.

Comment by Jen – December 10, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saw 5 min of sing off…..didn’t grab me. It was kind of annoying actually. Curious to see how it does without The Voice lead in….

Comment by Jenny – December 10, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Okay, I’m the first to admit that all 2 hours of the Sing-off did NOT maintain the excellence of the beginning, but I don’t know how you watched the first 5 minutes last night and “it didn’t hold you…” Seriously? Are you just a junkie of over-produced pop music? Or do you just have no taste? (Or perhaps your 5 minutes of watching was in the second hour, in which case, I can understand your comment a bit better.)

Comment by Lilly – December 10, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know this may come as a shock, but maybe she *gasp* likes different things than you do. There’s no need to knock anyone’s taste in music just because you got a little butt hurt over a valid opinion. I’m not a fan of overproduced crap music either, but thought the Sing Off last night should have been called the Snooze Off. I’m so over all of these “talent” competitions anyway.

Comment by Joe – December 10, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m with you. I’m sick and tired of the singing shows, I actually quit watching them all a couple years ago. Obviously a lot of peeps still enjoy them but it was way overkill for me :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – December 10, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I definitely think the plethora of shows has affected the ratings of them all. The sing-off is different from all the others though, so I continue to watch (and I’ve stuck to Idol, my favourite of the rest).

Comment by ben – December 10, 2013 12:24 PM PDT
          • I don’t watch any singing competitions except The Sing-Off. It’s a breath of fresh air from these other shows. I was so excited that they brought it back.

It’s not about who can sell the most records. It’s about the talent and the judges know what the crap they’re talking about. They’re not mean or cheerleaders. They compliment what deserves to be complimented and give direct critiques to the weaker parts of performances. Ben Folds is currently writing a Concerto. The dude knows his crap.

Comment by Zayne – December 10, 2013 12:37 PM PDT
          • I’m with Zayne. The Sing-Off is the only singing competition I’m into. Every person on the show has tremendous musical talent, including the judges, who insist on the show being about the talent and not them. Criticisms are constructive and not just mean-spirited. They help talented people become even better at what they do. How many non-fiction shows are there that are so completely without cynicism? It’s not without its flaws. I’m not crazy about the modern popular pop garbage they have for song selection, but when they’re covering Queen, Radiohead and Ben Folds, I’m right at home.

Comment by TigerNightmare – December 10, 2013 06:30 PM PDT
        • So, Joe…you are supposed to be the voice of reason? Your homophobia undermines your intent. “Butt-hurt”? Douchebag.

Comment by Michael Angelo – December 10, 2013 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Maybe you’re the homophobic one if your brain goes there. Everyone can be butthurt. Men, women, birds, dolphins. They all walk/fly/swim funny from a wide variety of hurtings of the butt.

Comment by TigerNightmare – December 10, 2013 06:17 PM PDT
        • As a person who hates singing comps, what are you doing here spreading your negativity to those with opinions about The Voice or the Sing-off – ahem, singing competitions?! I don’t personally care for opera, but I can certainly appreciate beauty when I hear it. My point was that the first few minutes of the Sing-off last night was spine tingling. It was produced, but it was pure voices in harmony. Not sure how anyone could listen to that first number, call it a “snooze off”, and still be alive. But that is MY opinion.

Comment by Lilly – December 10, 2013 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Mike and Molly Keeps Shedding Viewers It Will Be Gone. When Will They Wake Up And Realize That They Made A Mistake And Go Back To The Original Format?

Comment by PJR – December 10, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • M&M did well last night. It went up .8 from the 2BG repeat and was .7 higher than lead-out Mom repeat. It shows that M&M has a solid group of fans that will tune in even when the rest of the comedy line-up is repeats.

Comment by DenverDean – December 10, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post