Orphan Black Casts Superfan Patrick J. Adams

Get More: Casting News

Orphan Black Patrick J. AdamsBeing a vocal Orphan Black lover is about to pay off for Patrick J. Adams.

The Suits star has nabbed a guest spot on Season 2 of BBC America’s cult thriller, our sister site Deadline reports.

VIDEO | Orphan Black Season 2 Trailer

Adams will play Jesse, a brave but regular guy who lands in a ton of trouble when Tatiana Maslany’s multiple clone characters come into his life.

The actor, who called the casting a dream come true, has made his passion for the sci-fi series abundantly apparent via Twitter, even campaigning for a guest role. This summer, Adams raved about Maslany’s performance and then lamented her lack of an Emmy nomination.

Other Season 2 additions include Michiel Huisman (Nashville), Peter Outerbridge (Nikita) and Ari Millen (Rookie Blue, Nikita).

Orphan Black returns April 19.

Excited about Adams’ casting? Digging this trend of actors campaigning for guest spots on their favorite shows? Sound off below!

Comments (19)

• I’ve been a vocal fan of Orphan Black too, where’s my guest spot? I’ll even take dead corpse #4 from the morgue.

Comment by kavyn – December 10, 2013 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m patiently waiting for my invitation as well.

Comment by Colombo – December 10, 2013 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you have my vote! in case anyone asks. even for #3 :)

Comment by Valerie – December 12, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes!!! love him and love Orphan Black!!! :D

Comment by Elyse – December 10, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how many actors and people in the entertainment industry (other than Emmy voters) love Orphan Black. As. They. Should.

Comment by Leigh – December 10, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping the Globes help correct the Emmys dire oversight.

Comment by Et al – December 10, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we get Anna Silk on this show? Lost Girl is pretty dire, but she and Ksenia Solo often keep it afloat. I’d love to see the two of them and Maslany square off somehow.

Comment by Sam – December 10, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I’d better check this show out.

Comment by prish – December 10, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season 1 of Orphan Black is a terrific show to binge-watch! Lead actress is impressive. It does seem, however, like one of those shows that would be fantastic as a miniseries or couple-of-years series, but could be ruined if they try to stretch out the wacky premise too long.

Comment by spartan – December 10, 2013 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wacky premise? Clones are possible. Google it.

Comment by DarkDefender – December 10, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna scream on Tatiana’s behalf if she isn’t nominated for SAG or Golden Globe this week.

Comment by TK – December 10, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • His Tweet about Tatiana reminded me of the sadness I had on Emmy Nominations day. :(

Comment by webly3 – December 10, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just one more reason to watch the new season, not that another was needed.

Comment by Ashley – December 10, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the hype about the show didn’t live up to reality. Boring as hell!! The lead actress deserves some recognition for a good job but she’s not the first actor to play multiple parts!!

Comment by azu – December 10, 2013 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • truer words have never been spoken, patrick!

Comment by cjeffery7 – December 10, 2013 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really OK with this; love Suits and Orphan Black. I was already eagerly anticipating season 2. It’s a Summer Glau on Arrow kind of happiness. If only this news could be improved with Gabriel Macht also getting a guest spot as well; those two have such great chemistry. But still..so EXCITED!

Comment by Ty – December 10, 2013 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They filmed the first two episodes in my office so my desk is a guest star.

Comment by dude – December 11, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post