TVLine Items: Gossip Guy Is NBC's Tin Man, Mom Casts Dad, Happy Endings' New Home and More
Erstwhile Gossip Girl Lord Patrick Heusinger has landed the lead role in NBC’s drama pilot, Tin Man.
From Ehren Kruger (The Ring, Transformers), the futurstic crime thriller centers on a fugitive robot (Heusinger) accused of first-degree murder and the female public defender forced to fight for his cause. What’s more, the ‘bot may hold the key to the future of human evolution.
Our sister site Deadline first reported the news.
Heusinger’s recent TV credits include Revolution and Royal Pains.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Funnyman Kevin Pollak has been tapped to portray Anna Faris’ lonnnnng-missing dad on Mom. Per The Hollywood Reporter, he’ll make his debut in a January episode of the CBS sitcom, with the potential to return for additional episodes.
• Happy Endings has found a new home… for its old episodes. VH1 has picked up all 57 installments of the ill-fated ABC comedy and will air them on Wednesdays beginning in 2014, EW.com reports. First, however, the cabler will marathon the entire series on New Year’s Eve, beginning at 8/7c.
• Portlandia will launch Season 4 on Thursday, Feb. 27. The IFC comedy’s upcoming cycle includes guest appearance by Vanessa Bayer (Saturday Night Live), Kirsten Dunst (Bring It On), Maya Rudolph (Up All Night), Olivia Wilde (House), Steve Buscemi (Boardwalk Empire) and, as always, Kyle MacLachlan.
• Bette Midler will portray icon Mae West in an upcoming HBO film of the same name. Per Deadline, the project, based on West’s autobiography Goodness Had Nothing To Do With It, chronicles the subject’s controversial rise to fame.
• NBC has officially given the green light to the previously reported Rosemary’s Baby miniseries, adapted from the best-selling 1967 novel. Scott Abbott (Introducing Dorothy Dandridge) and James Wong (American Horror Story) have been tapped to pen the project.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?