Sleepy Hollow: More Corbin? Suspect Sin Eater? An Ichabbie Weekend? And More Burning Qs

Get More: Previews, Spoilers

Sleepy Hollow Season 1 SpoilersJust like Ichabod, we’re very curious about the Sleepy Hollow universe — though our queries tend toward plot points and spoilers, not bottled water and the “ninnanet.”

Fortunately, cast members Tom Mison, Nicole Beharie
and Lyndie Greenwood and executive producer Ken Olin agreed to sit down with TVLine and answer our questions, which burn as brightly as Serilda on an SUV.

Read on to hear more about that lady in the chapel, Corbin callbacks and Ichabod and Abbie in bathrobes. (Yep, you read that last part right.)

RELATED | Scoop: Fox Supersizes Sleepy Hollow Finale

WILL WE SEE MORE FLASHBACKS TO ICHABOD’S FRIENDSHIP WITH ABRAHAM (AKA THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN)? | Olin says that Abraham will definitely figure into the finale… though he’s not sure that we’ll actually see Ichabod’s former best friend in his headed form before the end of Season 1. “That story has, by no means, been told yet,” he says, adding that the season-ending cliffhanger “certainly involves the horseman, and it’s based on the known history” of the Ichabod-Abraham relationship.

JENNY CAN’T BE AS STABLE AS SHE SEEMS, CAN SHE? | “I don’t want to discourage you” from that line of thinking, Greenwood says carefully. (Remember, Abbie’s sister did spend a long time in a mental institution.)

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE COOL CAMERA WORK IN THE PILOT? | The topsy-turvy camera angles used in the series’ first hour signified Ichabod’s confusion about being thrust into modern life, Olin notes – and as the Colonial has gotten more acclimated to 2013, the show has cut back on the tricky shots. “But we like doing them,” he says. “One of our goals… was to use the different tools of filmmaking to keep it fresh, to keep it exciting and not to make it conventional or linear.”

RELATEDSleepy Hollow‘s Nicole Beharie and Tom Mison Hint at Huge Season Finale

WILL WE SEE MORE FLASHBACKS TO CORBIN AND JENNY’S FRIENDSHIP? | “Yes,” Greenwood states. “There is more to see with those two for sure.”

IS HENRY PARRISH WHAT HE SEEMS? | “His role in the world that we inhabit has not been fully revealed yet,” Olin says of the sin eater played by Fringe‘s John Noble. “So he will be a big part of the show going forward.”

ICHABOD’S CLOTHES, PART 1: DON’T THEY SMELL? | “In the first episode after the pilot, we saw him scrubbing them in the sink,” Mison says. “We can assume that they are being scrubbed regularly. So, he does not stink. This is the official thing: Ichabod Crane does not smell. [His clothes] might be grubby, but they smell beautifully fresh!”

ICHABOD’S CLOTHES, PART 2: WHAT’S THIS ABOUT THEM GOING TO THE CLEANERS? | “Would you like to see him maybe at the Laundromat, just sitting on a bench in his 18th-century pants?” Mison says with a smirk that turns into a full-on laugh when the idea of Ichabod wearing his partner’s clothing in the meantime is raised. “That would be nice. One of Abbie’s bathrobes and a face pack – watching High School Musical. Just make a weekend of it, me and Abbie!” he jokes. “If any of your readers can send a picture of Ichabod and Abbie in bathrobes, watching High School Musical, they’ll win a prize.” (He’s kidding.)

RELATED | Sleepy Hollow Exclusive: Look Who’s Playing Ichabod’s Father (You’ll Approve)

ICHABOD’S CLOTHES, PART 3: WHAT DOES BEHARIE THINK OF THE FANS’ FASCINATION WITH ICHABOD’S THREADS? | “It’s make-believe. There are humans and monsters and flying people and burning witches,” she says, laughing. “Let’s make-believe.”

WHY DID ICHABOD SHUSH ABRAHAM WHILE THEY WERE ON THEIR SPY MISSION, THEN DROP A HUGE, EMOTIONAL BOMB WHILE TRYING TO HIDE FROM THE REDCOATS? | Mison blames his alter ego’s unwavering moral code for the lapse in judgment that ultimately got Abraham killed. “In that case, it’s honor,” he says. “It’s the honorable thing to be honest to your best friend, but sometimes, honor can just make you a d—k.”

DID GREENWOOD ORIGINALLY AUDTION FOR THE ROLE OF ABBIE? | “No, I read for Jenny,” the actress says, recalling that meeting Beharie caused her nerves to skyrocket. “I met her outside the hotel before we did the audition, and she is so much shorter than me! I was worried that they wouldn’t hire me because I was taller than she is.” Obviously, Greenwood’s fears were for naught. “I think it works,” she says. “I think we pass as sisters.”

RELATED | Sleepy Hollow‘s Orlando Jones on Capt. Irving’s Secret: ‘It’s Not What You’re Expecting’

HOW MUCH OF ICHABOD’S FASCINATION WITH THE MODERN WORLD IS SCRIPTED? | Most of it, Mison says. “We’re trying to use it sparingly. It’s something that I imagine that if every scene was, ‘What’s this little machine?,’ then it could get tiresome.” Which doesn’t mean that the actor wouldn’t like to do more. “I’m constantly trying to restrain myself with it,” he admits, adding that Crane’s fascination with the Scotch tape on Abbie’s desk in “John Doe” was one of those not-on-the-page moments.

Sleepy Hollow Season 1 RecapWHY WASN’T ICHABOD MORE SCANDALIZED BY SEEING ABBIE IN HER BRA IN “FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL”? | The Witnesses simply had no time for clashing social mores, says Beharie, who reminds that “The stakes were that we were going to die.” But while we’re on the subject, “Actually, the thing that freaked me out was, why do I have to take off my shirt? Oh, you want my stomach? Here,” she says, miming pulling up the hem of her blouse above her navel. “Why did we have to completely disrobe?”

WHO WAS THE WOMAN ABBIE SHARED A FLEETING MOMENT WITH IN THE HOSPITAL CHAPEL WHILE ICHABOD WAS SICK? | “I guess you’re going to have to watch and see,” Beharie says coyly. “This is what I love about the show: Sometimes there are moments that aren’t really anything, but they might be something.” She smiles. “You just don’t know.”

Comments (26)

• Question: Is Lyndie Greenwood a regular cast member now? Cause last I read, she was only recurring. Hopefully she is a series regular now because I really like her on the show–she adds so much.

Comment by Ally Oop – December 9, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow..My friend Emily has just married to a handsome wealthy passionate older man. They met through …..RichFishes.ōrg ….. The largest place for meeting successful wealthy men and classy women. Meet Doctors, Lawyers, Professionals, Millionaires, Billionaires, Entrepreneurs, CEOs, Athletes, and Models, College Students, Actresses, Playmates, and the sexy Girls Next Door.

Comment by wealthypeople22 – December 9, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This comment has nothing to do with Sleepy Hollow, so why is this piece of ADVERTISING here?

Comment by Mary – December 11, 2013 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My guess is that’s a next season thing. I think this season had just a 13 episode order, so that technically no one could become a regular cast member….But I wouldn’t be surprised if she is an official one next season! I love her too. She’s so different from prim and proper Sonya.

Comment by Josh – December 9, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Mison is such fun and a delight to see on screen.

Comment by lennie – December 9, 2013 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope the sin eater is Ichabod’s son. I want Ichabod to have more people to love. Let Jenny and Abbie have their own storyline ( I can make the coffee then) and let Ichabod have his own with his son etc.

Comment by theboss – December 9, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unless the Sin Eater has an unnaturally long lifespan, he’d have to be Ichabod’s multiple-great-grandson. But I like the idea of Parrish (or someone else we’ve already met) being Ichabod’s descendent.

Comment by Alia – December 9, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Go watch another show. Ichabod and Abbie are the witnesses. Who wants to watch a show with Ichabod and his old ass children? Please… What is so difficult in understanding it is about Ichabod and Abbie? Jesus, let the lead actress be great!

Comment by Natasha Cruickshank (@Sookooyah_Gurl) – December 9, 2013 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know, I don’t mind Ichabod’s threads but they just look dirty, smelly, get them to a laundromat pronto. How funny would it be to see him trying to navigate that.

Comment by Jill – December 9, 2013 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it would be funny if someone grabbed him by the arm and the whole sleeve came off. After being underground for two hundred years, the threads and cloth have to be weak.

Comment by zaza – December 9, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Interesting that Nicole would be nervous about that since she did a full tops-off scene in Shameless with Michael Fassbender…maybe she’s more self conscious now or was nervous bc it was TV not film?

Comment by SRUFan – December 9, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You confused me when you said Shameless- I was thinking the Showtime series and couldn’t figure out when she was on that show. So I looked it up and see you meant the movie Shame. I never saw it but I didn’t take her comment to mean that she was nervous about it. More like she was just wondering why it was really needed in the scene. Like maybe she’s one of those actresses who are fine with some nudity in the context of certain roles, but doesn’t feel it has to be done for any old scene (I realize it was just her ra and not quite the same though). That’s just the way I took it though.

Comment by Francine – December 9, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well he & Michael were dating so maybe she was use to being naked in front of him

Comment by nate – December 9, 2013 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • she* & Fassbender were dating

Comment by nate – December 9, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t see how you’re reading that she’s “nervous.” She is, however, quite rightly pointing out that removing the shirt was fairly gratuitous to the scene, and thus really only there to titillate viewers. (See Alice Eve getting her kit off in the last Star Trek film for a similar example.)

Comment by Simon Jester – December 10, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m delighted to read that Henry Parrish will play a key role as the series progresses. That is a key reason for me to keep watching!

Comment by TV Gord – December 9, 2013 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That Tom Mison gets me every time…

Comment by Babybop – December 9, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would watch Tom Mison just sitting on a bench in Ichabod’s 18th-century pants.

Comment by Dani – December 9, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You and me both.

Comment by Karen – December 9, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is there a signup sheet for this?

Comment by Sierra1707 – December 10, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for all the Sleepy Hollow posts lately! I love this show so much. I never got why so many people focused on Ichabod’s clothes. We were shown that he washes them so I don’t think we need to continuously see it. If they’re going to get him new clothes they HAVE to keep the style. They just have to, its a part of his character. Plus like they said- it’s a supernatural show and we’re worried about his clothes? I don’t mind the history being inaccurate either. We’re talking about a show with a headless horseman so I don’t think we should expect everything to be the same :) I do understand how it bothers some people though, I just don’t see it. To each their own though!

Comment by Francine – December 9, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know what people would want him to wear. He wouldn’t look right in a button down and slacks.

Comment by Karen – December 9, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ooh, I don’t know. I’d like to see him in some skinny jeans and a leather jacket with his hair all loose. Um, okay, need a minute…

Comment by MLO – December 10, 2013 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Naturally, the easiest thing would be to get him new clothes. However, his character loses credibility if he looks modern. Keep the old clothes.

Comment by Bob – December 10, 2013 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. More Clancy Brown flashbacks would be great – I was so excited to see him in this show and they kill him off in the pilot! Arrrrrggghh!!!!
    As for Ichabod’s clothes…I think all they really need to keep vintage are the coat and boots to maintain his ‘look’. Then most any modern (but plain) pants and button-down shirts should work with them. Or heck, have him buy some clothes from Amish people! They have a very Colonial-looking wardrobe. ::shrug::

Comment by AnnieM – December 13, 2013 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like his clothes. I liked that after his shirt got sliced, he had clearly sewn it back up. We see him in other clothes in the flashbacks. It’s all good.

Comment by KD – December 31, 2013 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post