'Ship Shape: How Your Fave Pairs From Reign, Once, Mindy and Other Shows Are Faring

Hang the mistletoe: It’s time for TVLine’s final ‘Ship Shape of the year!

In this feature, we provide you with the latest developments in the lives of TV’s hottest duos — and then offer our exclusive forecast for each pairing.

RELATED | Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Masters of SexHIMYMScandal and More

Don’t see your favorite love match represented here? Give ‘em a shout-out below; you never know, they might make the next go-around (which will post after the new year).

All aboard, so click through the gallery below and let’s get this ‘ship on its voyage!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 'Ship Shape, Photo Gallery

1. Becky Ann says:

Give us some Elijah and Hayley scoop! Or Rebekah and Marcel, both from The Originals!

• A says:

Yes Hayley and Elijah!!!!!!!!

• wealthypeople22 says:

Wow..My friend Emily has just married to a handsome wealthy passionate older man. They met through …..RichFishes.ōrg ….. The largest place for meeting successful wealthy men and classy women. Meet Doctors, Lawyers, Professionals, Millionaires, Billionaires, Entrepreneurs, CEOs, Athletes, and Models, College Students, Actresses, Playmates, and the sexy Girls Next Door.
        sdfdsfd

2. enri says:

Jane & Lisbon from the mentalist.

• Rich Abey says:

Looks like we will be biding more time until they finally get together (despite waiting for over 5 years)..given that upcoming episodes will be featuring Lisbon’s new boyfriend & Jane’s first date in years!

3. VM says:

Mary & Francis <33

4. Maki says:

Hook and Emma have to happen ASAP. In the promo for mid-season final we see her tear up while saying by to him.

• meresger says:

No, please. The shippy writing on this show has gotten so bad on all fronts. No new couple should have to endure the lame-ness of the writing. It has just gotten shamefully poor.

• Lauren says:

Exactly Meresger. They’ve massacred Hook’s character to make him a pathetic “love interest”, and a heavy-handed one at that.

• Fey says:

they haven’t massacred Hook’s character. HOOK WAS A ROMANTIC CHARACTER FROM THE BEGINNING. actually watch the show.

• Steph says:

Excuse me? I’ve watched the show since season 1. A romantic character from the beginning, you say? Oh yes, I see it now! Remember when he helped Cora slaughtered that village full of people? When he forcibly removed Aurora’s heart, and locked Emma and her group in the cell to die, telling her she was “dried up, dead and useless”, like the bean? My bad, that is SO romantic!

His love for Milah drove his 300 year quest for revenge, and it was his betrayal of her son that drove him to do something GOOD in his life, for a change. That does not negate the fact that he did horrible, awful things in the time between.Stop romanticizing Hook’s character, for god’s sake. He was a villain with complexity in Season 2, now he’s being forced into a forced love triangle, developing feelings at a super speed to fit a plot that simply does not feel organic and fails to address his own character growth. I watch the show with a clear head and without blinders- maybe you should too.

• Cass says:

Hey, if your idea of a romantic character is one who punches a chained 100-pound woman in the face and then prepares to rip her open with his bare hand, I have your next heartthrob–he’s from Game of Thrones, and his name’s Joffrey.

• Fey says:

I loved that bit in the promo! You don’t look at people you don’t have feelings for that way. I can’t wait! I’m a bit scared too of what’s gonna happen.

5. Joel says:

I think you meant Juliette dumped Charlie and dialed Avery

6. Mel says:

You have forgotten some Delena news! After his revelation last week of having purposely killing someone over the summer while they were dating, which will be a pretty big problem for Elena.

• Baileigh says:

So are we to believe that Damon just up and left for a couple of days over the summer (a summer by the way Delena spent reenacting scenes from Fifty Shades of Grey) while he hunted down this innocent person and Elena didn’t notice he was gone? Something doesn’t add up here.

7. Magically Suspicious says:

I definitely felt some Hookerbelle heat!

• John 1138 says:

Well Tink’s both rather attractive and comes with FAR less baggage than Emma. Parents with swords and bows and no qualms about using them, not the least…. Prefer getting on Blue’s bad side than bandit Snow any day of the week…..

• Lauren says:

Really because Tink didn’t in fact. She shut him down and told him he was just trying to get over Emma and clearly nothing happened between them. Hook was just trying to get Emma jealous which worked.

• Cass says:

They’ve got chemistry and definitely have a past but clearly Hook hurt her before, and he was trying to use her again. He should have to crawl to earn her rather than using her to try to make Emma jealous.

8. Anita says:

Mindy and Danny are killing me I blame Chris Messina’s face!!

• scooby says:

I was in a state of squee over his various looks at Mindy and then that dance finally killed me. I swear, if Messina ran for president and instead of a debate spent an hour dancing, he’d get votes.

• Swooning for more says:

I seriously wanted to swoon when I watched him dance and then again when I watched the video over and over. Chris did an awesome job! I love the back and forth going on right now between Mindy and Danny. It’s good for the viewers to be left wanting more, otherwise we would get bored fast. But still, a kiss would be AWESOME!!! (and not some peck either, it should have some serious tonsil hockey!)

• djb says:

If you like Chris Messina, I highly recommend you watch The Mechanical Man. It’s on Netflix on demand. It’s such a good movie!

• JM says:

Chris Messina is such a fine actor. I turned on the AC after that dance was over. and over. and over. (Yes, I watched it more than once).

9. Tulpe says:

An again no Rayna & Deacon…. I feel like I’m starving here…

10. Lainey says:

Why can’t Francis and Mary just be happy for more than one episode. It’s like on again off again. Just let them be for a little while.

11. Meg says:

False. Jax would never ever hurt Tara.

12. Meg says:

Love seeing Emma/Hook on this list. From the promo looks like they might have a good moment next week as well.

13. agnes says:

Emma & Hook. I can’t wait for next episode!

14. K. says:

I like Hook and Emma together and I think Neal should be with Tink!

• Fey says:

Yes Hook and Emma! I don’t know if I like Tink and Neal but she did look happy to see him in Neverland. I need to know how their relationship was before

15. Sarahliz1624 says:

Emily doesn’t belong with Aiden. Emily belongs with Jack.

16. Nick says:

Sick of Frary on/off already. Bring on Mabastian!

17. Pati says:

I’m confused about Reign, did they or didn’t they, the way it ended and when he asked her about stopping she said never, I doubt that after that line she would ask him to stop. I know her virginity means everything but what are we supposed to think? And do we find out?

18. Sarah says:

I hope for Emma and Hook so bad! I’ve been waiting anxiously for that story for a long time. I hope the candle I hold for Captain Swan does not burn in vain!

• Fey says:

Same. I’ve been on the Captain Swan train since the very beginning. I just love them so much and it’s really hard because unlike the other couples on the show, we see their story in real time while the others we see in flashbacks and are confirmed true loves already so it’s a really hard journey with captain swan. but i will never get off this train

19. Rachel says:

Belle and Rumple should be here instead of Emma and Hook. They’ve finally been reunited, and Rumple’s line about the only path he sees is where he and Belle are together was absolutly perfect. Those two don’t get the attention they deserve.

• Cass says:

It’s a mystery to me why they’re overlooked. They have far more chemistry than any of the other couples on the show (and I like most of the other couples).

• Lee says:

It’s ageism and ABC pushing CS like crazy.

• Catherine says:

+1. So sick of the hype over Captain Swan. Rumbelle is so beautiful and they never get promoted at all.

• Cass says:

You’re no doubt right. I mean, HEAVEN FORFEND that ABC promote a couple in which the male is not just over 35, but over (gasp, clutch pearls) 50. It’s their loss, I guess. Ratings this season are way down from S1 (all Snowing) and S2 (Snowing and Rumbelle).

• Louise says:

I hear ya. I’m not even a fan, but even I picked up on how much Rumple and Belle are ignored. Actually almost every other relationship on OUAT is ignored in the media. If Snow and Charming wasn’t canon already, they’d get nothing either. I think the triangle is one of the worst things that ever happend to OUAT, but what’s so ironic about it is that the media aren’t even promoting a triangle. They’re only promoting one side of it. But it’s obvious ABC is biased too so I guess there’s no surprise there.

• Catherine says:

Yes, the triangle is terrible. :( If they had cast a guy that looked like Smee to play Hook we wouldn’t even be here talking about it because it wouldn’t exist.

• JM says:

Agree. Love Belle and Rumple!

• Fey says:

just because you think rumbelle should be there doesn’t mean captain swan shouldn’t. captain swan deserves to be there just as much as any couple.

• Cass says:

Because they had SUCH an important episode. During which they had SUPER important moments like Emma worrying about her son and her ex, and Hook trying to get in the pants of another woman. As opposed to being reunited after more than six calendar months apart. Excellent argument.

20. Francine says:

I wanted Katherine and Stefan. I know its probably not supposed to be anything serious but I’m loving them.

21. Tania says:

Two from Scandal & nothing from Grey’s, when we have both the Callie/Arizona shift and the potential April/Matthew wedding that Jackson/April fans are dreading? No fair!

22. Mina says:

Anything on wade and zoe from hart of Dixie? So tired of Joel!

23. XY says:

I loled @ Barry’s poor love prospects, because true, who wants to date a “quick” man.

24. JC says:

Regarding Barry Allen, I thought that Iris West is being cast for the spinoff. Have I been misled in that?

25. Chad G. says:

How about Monroe and Rosalee?

26. Becki says:

Love Emma and Hook….regardless of what happens with them their scenes are always fantastic, was surprised but how obviously jealous Emma appeared.

27. Joey says:

“Hi, I’m Hook. Neal, I just wanted to let you know that I’m backing off. It’s good form, you know. Oh, but it’s not because I think you have a shot with Emma or anything. You’re going to fail at that. Oh, and when Emma sees me leaving a building at the same time as Tinkerbell, I’m going to try to make her jealous. Because, as you know, that’s good form.”

Someone get me a bucket.

• Stormy says:

The entire show has become one big bucket. Hurl away.

• Steph says:

How anyone can excuse that behavior just boggles my mind. I wouldn’t mind it if they were using Hook as if he were still the villain from S2, but the fact that they are trying to play this as a legitimate romance is completely asinine.

28. Asia says:

I love Mary & Francis but already I’ve fallen behind a few episodes. My brain can’t handle another CW triangle, nope. I just can’t (I’m getting exhausted just thinking about it). There’s not enough going without throwing Bash into the mix? Are there no new ideas?

29. Cass says:

Are you kidding me? OUAT’s Rumple and Belle are finally reunited after ten episodes and they don’t even rate a mention?

30. J says:

I don’t like Hook and Emma together… Hook trying to make Emma jealous was pathetic. I did like his talk with Neal..

31. Melanie says:

I don’t think you should put couples that are clearly in a heated love triangle on the list. Hook/Emma? Come on. Put Rumple/Belle instead – you won’t upset anybody.

I love most everything about Emma & Neal’s love story, and feel it rates a mention too! :)

But since you put partly sunny for Hook/Emma, that means Neal/Emma are equally partly sunny as well? OK.

32. Katie says:

No Rumbelle mention?

33. Bel says:

The triangle on OUAT is the worst part of the show. If I had to choose, I like Neal and Emma better.

34. Rach says:

Mary/Francis always! Thanks for including them. :)

35. Mayela says:

Hayley and Elijah!!

36. Hodan says:

I love Juliette and Aver. And you are right about Mary and Francis “these two rarely go a full episode feeling the same way about each other”.

By the way what about Damon and Elena after the last episode we just watched?

37. flori says:

CaptainSwan!! <3

38. Vermouth says:

I’m in love with Francis and Mary.. <3

39. meme says:

Captain Swan? Are you serious? They are a part of a love triangle and if you mention them, you should mention Swan Thief too. They are ALWAYS ignored because ABC has a hard on for Hook and it’s not cool man.
    Also, Rumbelle should be there. They are after all the most popular OuaT couple.

• Anita says:

You’re right: “They are ALWAYS ignored because ABC has a hard on for Hook”, so what do you think is the reason?… think about it. There’s no love triangle there, is all about Captain Swan, MATE!

• Cass says:

Of course. That’s why Emma has declared her love to and for Neal at least three times.

• Anita says:

if Neal & Emma were true love… Neal would be stepping out of the way and we’d see him flirting and trying to forget Emma, not Hook. Mark my words, buddy

• Cass says:

Oooh. Hook trying to sleep with Tink proves that he loves Emma. That is SO true love. Maybe he will invite Tink to join them on their wedding night? Or Neal? That would end the triangle!

• Lauren says:

Cass you’re sorely nearsighted. He was drunk and trying to forget Emma and Tinkerbell whom knows a lot about love and relationships saw right through him.

• Cass says:

Lauren, I’m not nearsighted, I just think it doesn’t speak of true love when a guy says “I’m in it for the long haul” and then tries to get in the pants of the first woman he sees. It’s just a personal preference. Rumple and Belle, on the other hand, ARE true love, with about thirty-five years of documented fidelity from Rumple even when he thought she was dead.

• VeRa says:

Sorry, but right now Emma & Hook are the most popular OUAT couple. Hands down.

40. Breyt says:

I hate the OUAT triangle. I’m finally starting to like Neal but I don’t want him with Emma. Nor do I want Hook with her. The only reason people want Emma with him is because they’re both good looking. There’s no story there, other than the most cliched good girl falls for the supposedly bad boy. And seriously the ouat fandom is starting to remind me of the glee fandom, what with the overzealous teenage girls fawning over one of the least interesting characters just because he’s hot. It honestly wouldn’t bother me if the writers hadn’t caved in and gave them what they want.

• Anita says:

No story there? So what show are you watching? Clearly not OUAT

• Cass says:

She’s watching the same show everyone but the CS fanbase is.

• Steph says:

Seriously. The CS fandom is living in it’s own dreamworld.

• Fey says:

apparently not cause everything we’ve been saying had happened this season thank you very much. i’ve been on the Captain Swan ship from the very start and i’m done with people calling us delusional for seeing things that aren’t there. well, guess what. everything that happened in s3 so far is true to how we all saw season 2. YOU STOP DENYING. JUST BECAUSE YOU DON’T LIKE IT DOESN’T MEAN IT ISN’T THERE

• Steph says:

Everything else you’ve said in this post further proves my point. But keep going, don’t let me stop you. It’s just entertaining at this point lol

• Fey says:

WAY TO COUNT OUT BASICALLY EVERY SINGLE CAPTAIN SWAN SCENE *clapping*

how can you say there isn’t a story there? i was about to go into an all out explaination but i see you commenting hate on every cs aritcle out there so i would spare myself the effort to people hell bent on ruining captain swan.

i shouldn’t even care, you are just several haters. but i just don’t understand why you have the need to comment these hateful things. you do realize people love captain swan, why do you feel the need to ruin it for us??? didn’t you know? nothing’s gonna change.

If you send hate, will they stop writing cs? NO, the writers follow their vision. Will the articles stop mentioning them? NO, they have one of the biggest fanbases, they increase the traffic for the sites. Will the shippers stop shipping them? NEVER.

So how hard is it to not comment hate on something other people obviously love? It doesn’t change anything, you’re just ruining things for us. Thank you

• Cass says:

Disagreement isn’t “hate.” Having opinions that don’t follow the CS party line isn’t “hate.” Using pesky facts to back up those opinions isn’t “hate.” Daring to speak those opinions on a public message board not dedicated to a couple isn’t “hate.” Trying to quash other opinions and bully people who disagree with you into silence by claiming their thoughts are “ruining” your fun isn’t “hate” either, or anything other than childish and insecure, but I admit I don’t understand it.

• Lynn says:

I am forever amused by the OUAT a time fandom…where happy endings only happen if it’s the story line of your choice and I get that not everyone is rooting for Hook and Emma. Honestly, at the end of the day I just think that Emma deserves her happy ending but a lot of people have seen the draw between her and Hook from the get-go and if Emma wasn’t interested in him she’d flat out tell him because that’s the kind of woman she is… (And that doesn’t make you blind or delusional if you haven’t seen it or don’t) I personal love what the actors bring to their scenes onscreen regardless of ‘ship status’ although I enjoy that they are mentioned here. I think Hook’s character brings out a lot of different sides of Emma…and that they are a delight to watch. I also like the complexity of his character…he’s a bit broken, makes mistakes (sometimes big ones) but is trying to be better….I think it makes him human despite his ‘fairy-tale’ persona

Oh and for the record…I’m not a ‘hormonal’ teen…I’m a very happily married woman in my early 30’s (to my own dashing fella) with two lovely little babies, and am relatively financially comfortable, well read and well educated. OUAT is one of my favorite shows, one that I always make sure I watch live…and I watch it for a lot of reasons but the dynamic that I’ve seen building between Hook and Emma has certainly become a highlight.

41. Elouise says:

Still loving Emily and Aiden. Amazing chemistry, and that proposal scene was beautifully acted by both of them. Great job guys!

42. Gerald says:

Felicity and Barry – Undeniable chemistry?????? VERY Deniable. Perhaps if they cast a different actor. The writers may have wanted chemistry and it was written that way, but the casting is all wrong. There is non chemistry.

43. Steph says:

Hook and Emma are the actual worst. I miss when Hook was a villain who was on no one’s side but his own, Colin was so fun to watch in season 2. The “romance” between he and Emma is so forced and just plan inorganic. It’s like, let’s forget everything that happened in season 2 and have him make googly eyes at Emma and have him randomly be in love with her after spending 10 minutes of screentime together! Ugh it’s the worst. Emma deserves better, her character should be further explored rather than forced into a love triangle that even SHE is clearly not here for.

Okay now I know they’re not a couple, but last’s night’s Sleepy Hollow was awesome and it gave me so many Ichabod/Abbie feelings. They’re one of the only couples on TV right now that I’m captivated with.

• Fey says:

hook had never really been a villain. hook has been a romantic character ever since. he did it all for milah and now he’s doing it all for emma. i don’t see anything that deviates from how hook was introduced ever since. what do you mean let’s forget s2? he was obviously into her since their very first meeting. he fell hard. she was the only one he trusted, he didn’t even trust cora. in fact, he chose emma over cora. why do you think he does that for every woman? NO. He saw himself and Emma and thought they connected. Which they did. Emma was just afraid to trust

• Steph says:

Hook is very CLEARLY a villain. He worked with Cora, massacred people, violated Aurora’s autonomy to take her heart, I’m supposed to look at that and think that’s romantic? His revenge quest was spurred by his grief over Milah, not his love. His LOVE for her would have been what allowed him to let Bae into his life, but the thirst for revenge drove him to betray and give up Bae. That is not romantic, and the fact that you think the two are the same thing is very disturbing to me.

And I don’t care if Emma betrayed Hook at the top of the beanstalk, because she asked Anton to release Hook after 10 hours. But Hook? He locked Emma, Snow, Mulan and Aurora in the cell to DIE. He was into Emma, and when she betrayed him, his reaction was to leave her to starve in a cell? How is that excusable? I love Hook as a villain who uses his sexuality to get away with things, but I’m not going to shut my eyes and pretend he was some hero when he was clearly not. And how could anyone of sound mind look at his actions and say “yup, he’s worthy of Emma!” No, he’s not worthy of Emma, not in the slightest. She’s closed off and distrusting, but she has never let her difficult life stop her from doing the right thing. I love Emma and she deserves so much better than Hook AND this awful romantic plotline.

44. MJ says:

Hayley and Elijah! Also please let there be more Mabastian – or at least more Bash. I love his character in Reign.

45. Nisha says:

KATHERINE AND STEFAN!

46. Mercy says:

Where is Sebastian and Mary? We need a scoop related to this ah-mazing couple.

47. Allie says:

Looking forward to some Mary and Sebastian, however I’m all for a slow burn.

48. Fey says:

blah blah blah all these haters for captain swan always come out to comment on these these articles but they’re really just 1% of the whole captain swan population (not even ouat population) they have feelings for each other and emma needs to move on from neal. and hook and emma have something neal and emma will never have, chemistry. sorry kids, just saying it like it is.

AND hook can make emma feel good, she can have those moments charming told her about with hook. she already had.

with neal it’s only pain. first love isn’t true love, little ones. hook is doing the honourable thing by letting them have one last shot clear of him. for henry. but let’s be real, all that will ever come out of that is resolution so emma can finally move on.

49. camille says: