Scoop: Fox Cuts Dads Episode Order

DadsFox doesn’t need Dads as much as it thought it did.

The network, which picked up the rookie comedy for a full 22-episode season earlier this fall, has trimmed that order to 19, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

According to sources, Fox execs took a look at their jam-packed midseason schedule — which will feature the launch of several new comedies, including Enlisted and Surviving Jack — and determined it did not have room for 22 Dads.

1. Will says:

Boom, roasted!

2. Teag says:

Yes! Good!

3. josh says:

terrible show is terrible

4. Boiler says:

Do we know if the others are any better?

• Eric says:

I haven’t heard much either way about Surviving Jack (though I’m looking forward to it; Bill Lawrence is a god), but I’ve heard really good reviews for Enlisted.

5. Morgan says:

They could have ended it with one episode if they were really thinking. That show sucks. And I feel sorry about the fact that it appears on their resume.

6. Glee says:

I wonder if Glee is next. Their ratings hit a new low each week and that show is expensive to produce, add in the drop in music sales and you got to wonder if they decide to scrap S6.

7. Tran 2.0 says:

Fingers crossed if Dads gets canceled after our long national nightmare is over.

8. Jason says:

Yeah was awful. Tried it because I’m a Seth Green fan but it felt like it came from a different era! So unfunny that i didn’t even give it a second chance

• tara17 says:

That’s exactly what I came here to write. Caught 3 episodes. Even Seth Green is unusually unlikable in this dated drivel.

9. I’ve seen three episodes so far and really liked it.

10. Allyson says:

Just cancel the show already Fox! This show is awful!

11. Jeff says:

If they get rid of Dads I will be done with Fox, I will walk away from Sleepy Hollow, and The Following in protest…

• Either I’m missing your sarcasm, or you actually LIKE Dads. You seem to be intelligent enough to operate a computer, so which would point to the former, but one never can tell.

If it is the latter then… good God, man, WHY?

12. Sean C. says:

That’s one small step closer to deserved cancellation.

13. David4 says:

They should have just canceled the show and moved Raising Hope to somewhere else then move the dead shows to Friday.

14. Tracey says:

Seriously funny show, if you’re not watching you are missing out! Hopefully it will continue on. Love this show and the fantastic cast!

15. erin says:

I genuinely enjoy Dads. I look forward to it each week. Granted, I was already a Seth Macfarlane and Seth Green fan, and Giovanni Ribisi is amazing in every role he plays, so I am a little biased. Not all TV shows need to be intelligent or have deeper meaning, I watch Dads because I can put it on, not have to think about things, and have some laughs (Brenda Song is seriously funny). I have no doubt it will be cancelled, but am disappointed we won’t get a full 22.

16. Morgan says:

Since so many people seem to like it, maybe I watched it wrong. I was sober. I’ll put a few bottles of alcohol in me and try again. Liquid courage, because the show sucks.

17. Vittoria Marinelli says:

Hope this is good for Mindy….

18. bobbie says:

I love Dads. It’s funny, amusing, great cast. I don’t understand the people that don’t like it but I doubt they really watched it with an open mind and heart. Did they push the envelope? yes they did.

• Sean C. says:

“Pushing the envelope” is not the same thing as repeating tired old racist jokes under the guise of being edgy.

• LL says:

I agree. Yeah it’s racist but it’s racist to everyone which makes it funny. Everyone forgets that All In The Family did the same thing and was a huge hit. So yeah, they push the envelope but that’s better than a show that’s ho hum.

• LL says:

For the record, I was replying to and agreeing with Bobbie but it came out under Sean C whom I definitely don’t agree with.

• AndThereItIs says:

All in the Family was made in the 1970’s. That type of racist humor was funny back then, but we’ve since learnt better. Or have we? Guess not. :-(

19. Phillie says:

I may be in the minority here, but I like Dads. It’s funny. The network comedies are bad. The Goldbergs, The Millers, Trophy Wife, Crazy Ones, Michael J. Fox…none of them are any good. Dads is the best out of a sad bunch. And who knows what Fox will bring out. They don’t exactly have the best shows either.

• AndThereItIs says:

Uh, Dads is a Fox show, so yeah, your observation here is spot on. (Although there are other Fox shows that are sooooooooo much better). And also, ALL the comedies you mentioned, however mediocre, are less embarrasing than Dads. You might need a taste check-up. Yeah, BOOM!, I said it! :-)

20. romell says: