Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, New Girl, H50, Haven, Arrow, S.H.I.E.L.D, Mentalist, Reign & More

Once Upon a Time SpoilersWill Once Upon a Time‘s Rumbelle reunion be a lasting one? Will Haven‘s finale raise a bit of Hell? How will things get “hairy” on New Girl? Coming soon: Beauty and the feast? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Mystery: Lost Beauty to Play Which Villainess?

Did I miss something on Once Upon a Time? I though Charming couldn’t leave Neverland…. –Javiera
A few weeks back, Rumple revealed that once back in Storybrooke, he could fashion an elixir to ward off the fatal side effect of the Neverland spring’s healing waters. And though Neal/Bae goaded his dad into doing it gratis, “There will be favors that need to be paid,” EP Adam Horowitz teases. Adds Eddy Kitsis: “Rumple very rarely gives anything away for free. He likes nothing more than having someone owe him.”

Once Upon a Time‘s Rumple and Belle fans are really down right now because they’re always separated (by memory loss or worlds). Please tell us they’ll at least be in the same world in the second half of Season 3! –V
I brought your Q to the boys, and Horowitz assures the Rumbelle fans, “In the second half of the season, they are going to be in the same world for an extended period of time.” But Kitsis then chimed in: “If you’re a fan of Rumbelle, the second half of the season will further explore their relationship – in whatever state that is.” :-O

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Season 3 Spoilers — Who Is Playing Rapunzel?

Thanks for the opportunity to ask about the Haven finale (airing Dec. 13). I suspsect that Jennifer is from the same world as Audrey and William and thus is needed to open the portal so they can send William through. Will we find out who the fourth person is? Also, how much is the end of the episode going to make us scream? I’m predicting some bad stuff for Nathan. –Abby
Yes, you will find out who the fourth person is — but will he/she gladly go along with this scheme? Yes, the final moments will make you scream – in part because, yes, what happens could very well be described as “some bad stuff for Nathan.” Oh, and there’s also one, possibly two deaths.

Hi! Loving Arrow this season. What can you tell us about the midseason finale (airing Dec. 11)? –Jennifer
Barry Allen may have found his way into his hero’s lair, but it won’t be all gee-whiz geekery. As EP Andrew Kreisberg previews, “[Barry is] getting to see that sometimes it’s better not meeting your heroes, because they’re complicated and cranky… and maybe jealous of the way you’re looking at their assistant.” That said, “At the end of the day, Oliver just wants the job done and Barry helps get the job done — and that’s sort of the saving grace for him.”

Got anything on the “careers episode” coming up on New Girl? –Kas
In the Fox com’s next outing, airing Jan. 7, Jess has only 20 minutes to decide if she wants to change careers and accept a new job, prompting the gang to flashback to how they all landed in their current professions. I leave it to you to figure out how this exclusive photo of Winston à la Rodman figures in:
New Girl Winston

RELATED | The Mentalist Exclusive: Who Is Patrick Jane Asking Out on a Date?

Do you have any scoop on The Mentalist? –Amy
Lest you thought that we’d seen the last of Rigsby and Van Pelt during their baby fever-interrupted visit with Lisbon, I am assured there will be plenty more of the marrieds when the show returns from the holiday break.

Hawaii Five-0‘s Daniel Dae Kim tweeted a pic of himself with Robert Knepper. Any scoop on what his role will be in Chin’s big episode? –Clarlee
TV’s erstwhile T-Bag – who currently can be seen doing bad things on TNT’s Mob City – will play Internal Affairs Detective Rex Coughlin, in Episode 13.

Anything on Reign? Bash and Mary are my favorites. – Jenny
Then consider this an early Christmas/belated Hanukkah gift! By the fall finale (airing Dec. 12), Mary will make a decision that will forever change her relationship with Francis and push her closer to Bash.

Other than the return of Centipede, what’s going on with the S.H.I.E.L.D. team? –Mahika
Episode 14 will introduce two recurring characters: an African-American agent who specializes in combat/weapons, and a high-level S.H.I.E.L.D. agent/munitions expert who has past ties to both Coulson and Ward.

Beauty and the Beast’s Vincent always seems to get love interests, while Cat has always been loyal, never showing interest in Evan, Gabe, etc. Will there be an arc for Cat’s ex-lover coming back to her life? Or a new love interest? –Stephanie
Though it’s pretty obvious to Cat that she and her beast on the outs, I am hearing that before she can fall in love with anyone else, she’s going to go on a journey of self-discovery to better understand who she is and what she wants out of life — without Vincent. In the process of doing so, she’ll take a cooking class and (ahem) “heat some things up” with her handsome instructor.

RELATED | Southland Alum Cops Beauty and the Beast Role

I would love any scoop you have on Awkward. Pretty please and you’re welcome! –Cyndi
With an eye on the Dec. 17 season finale, I can share that for the Season 4 premiere, the MTV charmer is casting the recurring role of Eva, a new girl at school who just moved to Palos Verdes from Manhattan for her senior year. Described as “one part Eva Mendez, one part Angelina Jolie and one part Linda Fiorentino,” Eva exudes sex, sophistication and ennui. This is where you guess whether she’ll become fast friends with Jenna and Tamara, or not.

What can you tell us about Mia Kirshner’s part on Lost Girl? –Sally
Right now, only that her multi-episode arc kicks off with the Season 4 opener, airing Jan. 13.

Will Betrayal be renewed? LOVE IT!!!!! –Robin
Well, you can see what our handy Renewal Scorecard says. On the brighter side, I can promise that during this season’s final four episodes (airing Dec. 15, then Jan. 5, 12 and 19), you will learn who murdered Uncle Lou and who shot Sara — among other shocking revelations.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 150+ December Finales, January Premieres and More

Under the category of trivial Big Bang TheoryBig Bang Theory Amy Sheldon trivia: Is the crocheted blanket on Amy’s couch the same one from Roseanne’s couch? –Nicole
I love trivial trivia! And while that sharing of a prop would seem to make sense given the sitcoms’ shared creative DNA, unless Johnny Galecki smuggled it onto set, I am told it’s unlikely the same blankie.

Will we ever see Finch reunite with his love on Person of Interest? Will Grace at least find out why he had to leave, since they obviously still love each other? –Norma
Carrie Preston, who pops up now and again as her real-life husband’s TV soulmate, agrees with you, saying, “It would be really wonderful to have Harold and Grace meet up in the present day. He’s protecting her by not letting her know, but maybe there could be some way for him to let her know that he is OK. It would be nice to see Harold have that love in his life.” That said, between carefully portioned Good Wife encores and her No. 1 True Blood commitment, there are no plans for a POI return at this time.

Do you have any scoop on whether they kicked Scottie to the curb on Suits? Please tell me that Harvey came to his senses! –Sami
I’m sorry, have you seen Scottie? [Dreamy sigh] Yeah, she will most definitely be back.

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email InsideLine@tvline.com!

1. Jules says:

I wish someone would post some Homeland spoilers. Ugh.

2. Erin says:

Thanks for the Haven scoop! This season is getting absolutely nuts as it winds down.

3. Important feedback. says:

When does Ward die on SHIELD?

4. ri says:

thank you for the rumbelle question matt!

5. Alisa Neely says:

H50: that spoiler didn’t really tell us ANYTHING……is IAB looking into chin again? or someone else?

alisa

6. Pen says:

Finally we get to hear something about Rumbelle! Thank you for asking the guys, Matt!

7. Gerry says:

Want to know about Haven too, and does Nathan stay. He deserves Audrey, and Duke should have Jennifer.

8. omnikey1 says:

I’m pretty much done with watching Haven .Not at all a happy fan if they are going to kill Nathan .

• Anna says:

They wouldn’t kill Nathan, he’s a main character.

• Alia says:

My guess? They’ll kill William and maybe Jennifer or Dwight, and Nathan will be the cliffhanger (but will obviously be rescued next season).

• Mai says:

Oh my gosh, I would LOVE it if the deaths were William and Dwight.

• TDP90 says:

Why Dwight? William would be great but not Dwight. Adam has done good in the episodes he’s in, I would hate for him to go. And yea I doubt very much Nathan is getting killed of, I could see Duke more so based on last weeks ending. Ofcourse none of that matters if SyFy doesnt get their stuff together and renew it!

• Cass says:

I really hope Jennifer makes it but I have a bad feeling. Duke’s love interests have the lifespan of a fruit fly.

9. Erin says:

I would be incredibly surprised if they were to kill off Nathan. I’m thinking it’s someone more like Vince, Dave, Dwight, etc. Maybe they’ll find some way to kill William without also killing Audrey?

• omnikey1 says:

They won’t kill Nathan off of the show he is the lead male character. I’m just so sick of Nathan being the one that always has to suffers . :(

• txp says:

I agree, at London comic con Emily Rose mentioned we find out more about Dave this season – I’m thinking he’s the fourth person needed to summon the door? Puts his risk of death up… as long as Nathan stays I’m good. LOVING S4 of Haven, best season yet!!

10. Love the Haven scoop! So glad to see Duke with a love interest that has potential to be long term.

11. Susan Martin says:

The afghan is not the same as the one on Roseanne. The squares are a different size and colors are different…….but CL was show runner on Roseanne for 50 episodes and so many actors are the same that I think it was a “nod” to Roseanne.

12. Ian says:

I’m going to have to beg for more Reign love from TVLine from now on. Recaps and consistent scoops and everything, please please please.

Last night’s episode was AMAZING. I am in love with this show. Everyone should be obsessed with this show!

And I honestly don’t even know who I should be voting for, Francis or Bash. I really like Bash, but Francis always manages to become sympathetic in the end and when he sweeps Mary off her feet, I get swept up too!
    I’ll be glad for Bash to have more of a chance though with this decision Mary makes come the fall finale.

• Shannon says:

Last night’s episode? It wasn’t on last night.

• M. says:

it was in Canada I think :)

• Curly Girly says:

Yes, it was. Watched it myself. (here in the NC).
        I agree, last night’s episode was amazing, I really liked the Queen’s backstory, and now we know why she’s such a b*tch. Also, I can’t believe after last night’s episode that Mary would make a decision to push her closer to Bash. (trying not to post spoilers!)

• Curly Girly says:

Sorry, just realized the original post was posted yesterday. The show was on, here in the States, last night (Thursday)

13. Christina says:

Any intel on if the new S.H.I.E.L.D. agents are guys or gilrs?

14. mandapants says:

Matt, you are just like my husband. School boy tv crushes on all the pretty brunettes. It’s sweet. Too bad for him, I’m blonde. :)

15. Matt i love you but the Haven spoiler is not one scoop is a bomb . Question and answer,you might wanna at least edit the question by all means.

16. Sarah says:

Gratis? Trying on some Swedish there, Matt?

17. Alichat says:

Thanks for the answer about Prince Charming and the Neverland curse, but I don’t understand why he’s still alive. If I’m remembering correctly, when Hook and his brother first left Neverland, his brother aged immediately and died before they made it back to the Enchanted Forrest world. So, why didn’t the same happen to Charming? When Rumple said he could cure Charming, I assumed it would be a situation where he came home, brewed up the brew, sent it back to Neverland somehow…..Ariel maybe…..and then Charming came home. How is he standing on the docks in Storybrooke and not looking like one of the Weasley twins after trying to trick the Goblet of Fire???

• HeatherC says:

IIRC, Hook’s brother was in his room on the JR getting ready for his day when he suddenly died but I got the impression that they had been back from Neverland for a while when this actually happened. Maybe there’s enough of a time lapse between the worlds so that Rumple can make the elixir for Charming? I’m assuming that anyway from what they showed us before but I could be wrong. Somehow he ends up OK so I’m going with time lapse, LOL =)

• A says:

Hook and the Charmings also filled a flask with enough Neverland water to keep Charming alive until Gold can brew the potion.

18. Lecholls says:

Thanks for the great New Girl spoiler. Winston looks hilarious.

19. GildedRose says:

Ha! Arrow’s OIiver and Felicity amuse me. They’re so good together. I’m really curious about Part 2 of this mid season finale is going to play out and where it leaves them. Fingers crossed for those crazy kids.

20. Yay! Mary and Bash! Cannot wait. Thank you!!!!!

21. gigi says:

if they separate rumbelle again I swear I quit. I won’t get back after the hiatus whats the point when these two only ruin things. ruing things and stain the beauty rumbelle is. ruin things is all they can do. in whatever state that is.. beep off eddie. you two brainwashed fans for 2 years and that is all you can say? beep off! you always hated it because you didn’t do it. rumbelle is not your child and the most popular and you are jealous. why why jane is thrown on wonderland project? she is the only one who is not impotent in this team and yet they removed her from ouat. now it’s almost unwatchable.

• A says:

My problem is every time someone on that show is about to get a happy ending, it’s yanked out from under them about 15 seconds later. Amnesiac Belle willing to talk to Rumple? Time for Regina to give her “Lacey” memories… Bae/Neal and his son reunited? Oops, Grandpa Rumple needs to kill him…they all make it back to Storybrooke alive and well? Well, not all of them, or at least not exactly…

Seriously, I’m all for drama and plot twists, but, ugh, this way of handling things is getting out of hand. It seems like only the Charmings can be happy for more than five minutes. What do the writers have against everyone else???

22. Bruce_F says:

To MOLLY who asked the Lost Girl question:
    Without giving too much away, I’ll tell you that Mia Kirshner plays a shifty elemental Fae who crosses paths with Dyson on multiple occasions.

23. Cass says:

“…their relationship–in whatever state that is”? I don’t think I have the strength…

24. CourtTV says:

Thanks for the Haven scoop!!!

25. YesMe. says:

Had no idea that the actress who plays Grace in POI was in a relationship with Michael Emerson.

26. Lola says:

Not excited about this Mary/Bash nonsense. I just don’t see the spark with him, but with Francis she sizzles.

27. Carla says:

Thanks for the Reign scoop. I’m sooo excited. I really Love Bash and Mary together!!!

28. Liz says:

After Mary’s “decision” at the end of last night’s episode of Reign, I am really curious what happens next that pushes her closer to Bash. I get that they want to keep this love triangle going, but I have no idea what they are planning next. While this show takes huge liberties with historical facts, I can’t imagine that they won’t have Mary and Francis eventually get married as they did in real life. I am loving this show. A pleasant surprise this season!

29. Radha says:

I will never ship Mary and Bash because they just don’t have the same spark as her and Francis. And after reading about the real Mary and Francis’ love, that is also another reason I will never ship her with any other guy.

30. BelleRumpleFan says:

Thanks Matt for the Once scoop.

31. Patricia says:

Reign is so good! And next week changes everything. I’m guessing once Mary finds out about the prophecy, she’s going to push Francis away for his own good and the best way she can do that is by turning to his brother. And it might start out as a way to keep Francis safe, but I think Mary and Bash will eventually grow closer and her feelings will change. Bash is my favorite, I’m so excited!!!!

32. mayq says:

we need a mcroll spoiler

• Alisa Neely says:

SORRY, I HIGHLY DISAGREE….we’ve had TOO MUCH CATHERINE this season….and NOT enough of MCDANNO, chin ho…..this is becoming the STEVE & CATHERINE SHOW….and i’ve seen plently of people say, they are SICK TO DEATH of CATHERINE…..almost like NCIS was, before cote/ziva left….you couldn’t seem to get a spoiler, that didn’t end up being a TIVA one….and that wasn’t even who the question was about…..sorry to the fans who LOVE catherine and mcroll…..but, there is 0 chemistry between them….and even alex knows what the WINNING team is…..and it sure as heck is NOT mcroll…..it’s the KILLER CHEMISTRY between him and scott…..the BROMANCE.

• Danna says:

Yup, I agree. I barely watched H5O this season. I can’t stand the lack of Danny and all these Catherine centric episodes.

• tarc says:

Absolutely. Catherine was a misstep IMHO. The Stave-Danny bromance is the heart of the show, and Catherine did nothing but quash that.

33. amintt says:

Glad we are getting Rumbelle! Now for some CaptainSwan!!!

34. deansmistress22 says:

Rumbelle! Yay I like them together. I like him being “good” with her.

Hope we get some Killian/Emma soon. That last episode made me sad. Can they please be together!?

• Samantha says:

Um…no. Emma belongs with Neal. The Captain Swan fans and the Swan Queeners are just deluding themselves if they think those relationships are going to happen.

• anyonereally says:

Oh please. CaptainSwan symbolism has been there since the start of the show. It is going to be Emma and Killian.

Regardless. Yay on the Rumbelle!!!

35. Linda says:

Torrance Coombs as Bash was good in the Tudors and I think a very good actor. Everyone needs to see more of him in Reign with a stonger storyline, he can play nice and bad equally well.