Once Upon a Time Casting Mystery: Lost's Rebecca Mader to Play Which Iconic Villainess?

Get More: Casting News

Once Upon a Time Cast Rebecca MaderSomeone wicked this way comes….

On the heels of filling the role of Rapunzel, ABC’s Once Upon a Time has cast Lost alum Rebecca Mader as an iconic fairy tale villain, E! Online reports.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Spoilers — Where Will Upcoming Episodes Take Place?

In teasing this fall’s final episodes and the second half of Season 3, Once cocreator Eddy Kitsis told TVLine that the show’s springtime arc will feature “a new villain that we are very excited about, that we may reveal at the end of Episode 11… maybe not.”

And though I thought Kitsis was being cheeky/dodgy with that timeframe for the intro, it turns out that Mader’s meanie will be revealed during a midseason promo airing after the Dec. 15 fall finale.

Still, no details on who the British headturner is playing are being divulged. But that’s what Al Gore made comments sections for. So grab your tinfoil sorcerer’s apprentice hat and speculate!

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Preview: Will a ‘Bomb Under the Table’ Blow Up the Storybrooke Reunions?

In addition to her run as Lost’s nosebleed-prone Charlotte, Mader’s TV credits include Fringe, No Ordinary Family and an equally mysterious role on the upcoming final season of Warehouse 13.

Comments (81)

• Hopefully none of those options. The show needs a big bad who isn’t related to a main character and who actually is a formidable enemy. After how disappointing Peter Pan ended up being (lots of talk about how people should be scared of him, very little in terms of being shown reasons why), the show needs a really big, uniting villain. In the vein of Mayor Wilkins or Glory.

Comment by courts – December 5, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mad props to COURTS for bringing up the Silky and Effervescent Glorificus!

Comment by Nick Wilkinson – December 5, 2013 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • x2 :)

Comment by Olivia – December 5, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ah, Buffy. I miss her. Season 5 with Glory was one of the best.

Comment by Jimmy – December 5, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Robbie Kay is amazing, but Peter Pan? It turns out that Regina was able to kick his a** in a few seconds? After 9 episodes, he disappoints as a villain.

Comment by Jus – December 5, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This isn’t Buffy. Mader is excellent, I hope she sticks around, and I hope she plays a huge villain, but it would seem it’s the one from Repunzel, who is nothing when compared to Regina. She kinda looks like Kirsten Van Stratton, maybe she’s a recast Malefesant

Comment by Shazay – December 5, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Or a younger version of Maleficent.

Comment by Michael Sacal – December 5, 2013 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I originally had Maleficent in the poll, but Eddy’s quote to me and E!’s reporting specifically said a “NEW villain.” I think they’d have measured their words more carefully if it was a recast (or “reboot” as you like to say).

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 5, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Cool.
            (That would be the wrong use of the word reboot, heh. Recast would be correct..)

Comment by Michael Sacal – December 5, 2013 08:44 AM PDT
          • It seems really unlikely that they’d recast Maleficent at this point, too, since they just got KBVS to do a voiceover for Once Upon A Time in Wonderland.

Comment by Steven – December 5, 2013 08:58 AM PDT
          • I actually wish it was a recast for Maleficent because as much as I love Kristin on True Blood, she was not right for the role.

Comment by abz – December 5, 2013 12:24 PM PDT
          • I think shes going to be Flynn Rider for the recent Rapunzel announcement. She will be considered a villain at first like he was in the Tangled movie, a thief and what not but turned good by an association with Rapunzel

Comment by Hannah – December 6, 2013 10:57 AM PDT
    • I don’t see Peter Pan as a fail. That child actor was wonderful.

Comment by dude – December 5, 2013 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could somehow be Ursula.

Comment by Ian – December 5, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that if they ever physically have Ursula, she’s Yvette Nicole Brown. Not another voiceover, just Yvette Nicole Brown.

Comment by Steven – December 5, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, I don’t think thats going to happen :(
        Yvette Nicole Brown is considered “Goldie Locks” of Goldie Locks and the three bears. She did a little stint on the Blu Ray release of one of the bonus features where the recreated Good Morning America as Good Morning Storybrooke and Yvette Nicole Brown hosted the show as “Goldie Locksley”. You can find it on youtube.

Comment by Sonia – December 5, 2013 11:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Annnnnnddd…. I just realized Yvette Nicole Brown DID voice that weird statue Ursula thing. Whoops. I’m stupid.

Comment by Sonia – December 6, 2013 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How about Grendel’s mother the Water Witch from Beowulf?

Comment by Stormy – December 5, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s good to see OUAT adding some new villains to its rogues gallery. I’m tired of every single fairytale villain that we know turning out to be either Regina or Rumple.

I really like the show but it’s not doing it for me so far this season…I hate that they turned Peter Pan into a villain. And why, so they could rationalize Captain Hook as the “misunderstood” good guy? What’s next, are they going to portray Dorothy Gale as a mean, conniving little girl and the Wicked Witch as one of her innocent victims?

Comment by Dan – December 5, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have you ever seen “Wicked”, the “wicked witch’s” side of the story which shows her to actually be nice and not a villain.

and dorothy did kill the witch’s sister, even if it was by accident.

Comment by Miss VCI – December 5, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yea, Dan just essentially described the plot of Wicked.

Comment by Soopah Soopah Soopah – December 5, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Haha, truth. I thought the reimaging was actually the smartest thing about this season and the most clever thing theyv done since the Mad Hatter, even if the spin-off didnt work as well. Personally, I stopped watching but I agree the villian being Regina always is getting annoying and kind of counter productive, Regina hasnt done enough evil things lately to still be a villian and it conflicts constantly with them actively trying to plan her redemption. Let her redeem herselff, it’s kinda the point of the original storyline, something they should retire and move on. I was gonna say Maleficient but I realized they already did her, though they kinda wasted her by throwing her away to fast but I would love to see her play Cruella. As she’s kinda one of the only propertys Disney owns that they havent yet wasted for a woman. Especially since they kinda already One-and Doned Ursula. But Id like for them to suprise me with someone outside of Disney’s arsenal and go classic fairytale again.

Comment by Matt Sutton (@matthewpsutton) – December 5, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d love to see Wizard of Oz already! And Ursula, too. But yes, I do think they need a scary villian this time. One that likes being evil just because it’s fun, not because he/she has childhood traumas.

Comment by James – December 5, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Watch Wicked.. Just saying.

Comment by Mike – December 14, 2013 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope she’s cruella de ville. Jiminey(?) Cricket mentioned pongo last week. And I can see her as a crazed young fashion designer. The producers did mention earlier this year that we would finally meet cruella de ville and I don’t want her to be another one of Regina’s many versions

Comment by Ashbash – December 5, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. Mader would make a fun Cruella! And I’d like a funny/scary/rich/arrogant character that neither Regina nor Rumpel could control.

Comment by Geo – December 5, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wouldn’t it be.. such a twist, if Cruella was somehow related to Henry, (of course) but more on the side of related to Rumple more or less. I think, Cruella could be Sultan’s Mother. His first student, (before he met Cora) yet she was Rumple’s adoptive daughter, traumatized b/c she found out Rumple had disappeared from SB. From the looks of the pics BexMader is with BevElliot – I’m thinking there could be a storyline there. If you remember, Cruella was Anita’s best friend and Anita just so happens to be Granny’s late-daughter and Ruby’s Mother.. but more of the twist could be in reverse. Cruella/Anita weren’t friends, at all, but it was Cruella/Nanny. MY FAN-FICTION: b/c in Once’s version of Cruella DeVil. (read on…)

Granny could’ve have been Cruella’s Nanny at a young age, when she was a little girl. After all, Cruella’s Mother; Dementia DeVil (or Malevola) had never cared for her, b/c she spent so much time off on her killing sprees, hunting human-wolf hunters down on a full moon than to spend time with her own daughter, who she never wanted to train to kill, b/c she wasn’t older/activated yet.. as there were similar stories about her Mother, etc.. in the 101 Dalmatian TV Animated Series. Sooner or later, Cruella was alone on every Wolfstime (or every year on her birthday after she turned 18, would be more fitting) and she wished to be normal, so she could get away from her Mother, once and for all. But before that happened, instead, something bad happens to her, on the same night Nanny was watching Cruella when her father/brothers were killed by The Wolf that had marked Nanny with the Curse of The Moon. Years later, Cruella/Nanny grew estranged, b/c it turned out that night, Nanny was marked, by Cruella’s Mother; with the Wolf Curse, just to prove her point.

Since then, Nanny never forgave Cruella for what had happened to her, their friendship had ended, when Anita was born. Anita’s older sister Perdita, however… (OMG #Perdygo, anyone?!) was taken from Nanny, that night. Nanny knew it was Cruella’s Mother, once again.. b/c she could only have one child, not both. After all, she did own Nanny. More years went by, and Cruella hadn’t aged that much, except for the usual black/white hairstyle that mimicked her Mother’s Fashionable Style. So, by this time, Cruella had ran, far, far away from home. Anita had just met Roger, and Red/Ruby was born. Nanny knew something was wrong with Little Red. She had feared that her granddaughter had gotten the family curse as a Werewolf. After searching far and wide to find something that could hide Red’s Wolf side after she first turned when she was 13. Out of nowhere, Nanny finds her way back into the life of her past when she runs into Cruella, once again – after 20 years had passed. Nanny heard that she ran away from her Mother and she couldn’t find her, EVER! and still punished Nanny for being her former-friend. They talk for a while, and she sees that Nanny has become a Granny.

After back and forth and to and fro, Cruella mentions something about Little Red’s first turn. Granny doesn’t want to listen to the sound of her wretched voice, though Cruella apologies for her Mother’s Behavior towards her family, etc. Cruella tells Granny that Perdita is still alive and well, Dementia let her go, not long after she dog-napped Anita from her, that’s how she met Roger. Right after Granny took Red from them. Cruella goes on saying, she’s sorry for everything her Mother had done to her and that she could help Red’s problem. She had met a Wizard, who had saved her from an unfortunate event that occurred on one of full moons, a few years ago. Who had taken care of her, keeping her hidden from The Outside World and in return he would teach her magic. Now, he owed her a favor, but there was always a price with him. (Anyone know where I’m going with this?!) :P If, Cruella could get the one thing that could help Little Red hide her true form, the curse her Mother had put on her oldest friend’s family; she hoped Granny would, then forgive her. Of course, it would cost Granny an arm and a leg. But, since it was her Mother’s fault Granny was in the position she had been since they were children. She owed Granny, so many favors. So, this was the least, she could do to restart their friendship, once again, free of charge.

Three Nights Later, Cruella arrives with an Enchanted Red Hood that was spelled to Little Red after Granny gave a strand of her hair, to this would be the only thing that would make her wolf-side dormant n a full moon, so, as long as Red wore it on every full moon. She wouldn’t turn into a Little Bad Wolf. Moments after, Granny left Cruella saying, TY. and after the mention of her Mother once more, Cruella replies with, “Don’t worry, Nanny. My Mother won’t hurt you, anymore. She’s been taken care of… but, I’m sure we’ll see each other again.” Soon, that, same Wizard appears out of nowhere and says, “Why didn’t you tell her the truth about your Mother?!” — “She doesn’t need to know the whole truth, Old Man. Only the facts. Makes it more fun, that way.. I win.” — “So, why am I here, I gave you what you wanted, dearie?! But, there is something else, you want from me, isn’t there?!” — “Yes, and if I want your opinion. I’ll ask for it…” — “Well, spit it out. I don’t have all day.” — “(laughs) Wow, you’re like a ticking time bomb that just won’t settle down… I would rather have her hate me, than to forgive me for all these years. All she needs to know is, Mother aint around to hurt her, alright?! So what I want from you is… to leave me the hell alone. You and I, we’re done here. You saved my life, I owed you favor and I paid it.. now, sod off!” — “There was no such agreement, you said for it to be, free of charge b/c it was dearly-beloved oldest former-best friend. I’m not always so generous.” — “Well, Tick Tock goes This Beastly clock. Fine. Give me my son.. tell me where he is.. Please.” — “And what do I get in return?” — “You’ll never see me again. You have my word on that. Tell me where he is, right now! Dark One.”

“Your Son is in the last place, you’d never thought to look. A place where all you see is Spots everywhere, like the color of your head.. Time will tell, b/c you will need me again.” — “Always so cryptic with you, isn’t it?! Always full of surprises.” — Cruella leaves Rumplestiltskin, until he stops her… “Did I ever tell what a lovely that was, Sultan. He’s such a bad dog, just like his Mother. If, only your best friend knew the truth that you changed sides. But, I could’ve sworn, Sultan had another name. His real name, remind me what it is again.” — “Why would I tell you?!” — “b/c dearie, he’ll be such a good witness in this new land, disguised as the dog he will be… in my Curse. A good dog. So why would I tell where he is, where I can just show you, 30 years now.” — “Where is my son, Rumple?!” — “Then, tell me his real name, Eleanor?” — and in, 3-2-1..(long pause), as they both look at each other. “Pongo. His name is Pongo.”

Comment by Gilroy Evergreen – December 15, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! I know they need to give their main cast members storyline, but it’s getting annoying that nearly every villain or adversary turns out to be Rumple or Regina in one way or another. Rumple’s the beast, the crocodile, made Cinderella who she was instead of fairy godmother. Now Regina posing as Ursula and screwing up Tinkerbell’s life? How small of a town is the Enchanted Forest that not one single character has lived without meeting either one of them lol!

Comment by Dan – December 5, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I say ursula

Comment by bryan bell – December 5, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And rob Yvette Nicole Brown of the role she (her voice) originated…? No way.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 5, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Logically, probably Gothel because of yesterday’s Rapunzel news. I think she’d make a great Cruella though. I somehow always knew she would turn up in Once someday!

Comment by Lysh – December 5, 2013 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure if the timing is great or horrible, but I thought of the Snow Queen. New “adventure” being, Storybrooke becomes frozen, as does (or did) FTL. Mainly because Maleficent was already played by Kristin Bauer (wonder if she’s coming back to OUAT, not just the spinoff?), and Wonderland already has the Red Queen (please get rid of OUATW, and bring her into OUAT please please please)

Also, wooooo Rebecca Mader!

Comment by Delirious – December 5, 2013 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh yes, I would love the Snow Queen.

Comment by Lysh – December 5, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The snow queen! That would be great.

Comment by murley – December 5, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would LOVE that. I’ve been hoping for a while now that they’ll bring some more classic fairytales into play again and this one’s a favorite of mine.

Comment by Louise – December 5, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I too think Cruella. Eddie and Adam did say during NY Comic Con they wanted to add Rapunzel, Tiana, and Cruella soon so now I’m wondering if we are getting all 3 of them with Rapunzel being casted. Cruella would be awesome as it would introduce villains from our world and she could be connected to Chis Gorham’s character as he’s connected to Emma’s past and is supposed to be recurring. She can’t be Ursula though as the real Ursula was voiced by Yvette Nicole Brown so it’s her character. Could work as Mother Gothel too or The Wicked Witch from Oz, though I’d be shocked as Eddie and Adam said we wouldn’t see Oz this season though I guess it still could work too.

Comment by Amanda – December 5, 2013 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I REALLY hope they get this right. Pan could have been an amazing villain if he wasn’t related to Rumple, that just took the whole fear factor out of it for me. I think he should have just been left as this unknown, powerful figure rather than use a silly plot device to shoehorn him into the family troubles.

Comment by DG – December 5, 2013 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’ve said we aren’t traveling to other lands in the back half like we did with Neverland in the first 11, so I doubt that it would have anything to do with Oz. I would LOVE to see the witches of Oz, but I’m skeptical of the idea of them being in Storybrooke all this time or living in the Enchanted Forest.

Comment by the girl – December 5, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to see them (re)visit some of the Arthurian legend(s) and have her as Morgan Le Fay.

Comment by Lauryn E. Nosek – December 5, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think that would be awesome some more of the Arthurian legends would be a nice twist and so many great female villains to pick from.

Comment by Bill – December 5, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great idea! And it wouldn’t also keep her from being Rapunzel’s witch.

Comment by Cass – December 5, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oooooh I like this one!!

Comment by mawhi – December 5, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoever she is she’ll be related to Henry in some convoluted way. Great second cousin twice removed by marriage….

Comment by Dan – December 5, 2013 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angela from the Marvel comics. Next season, they’ll go to the Marvel Universe.

Comment by Michael Sacal – December 5, 2013 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Once Upon a Time in Asgard…

Comment by Tom – December 5, 2013 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Heh.

Maybe a Once Upon A Time/Agents of SHIELD crossover.

Comment by Michael Sacal – December 5, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I know you are being sarcastic, but can this please happen?

Comment by gdv – December 5, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cruella doesn’t sound like a good choice for a villain, not one that we should take seriously. What’s she gonna do, try to kill Pogo to make coat with his skin?

Hopefully she’ll be someone of weight, someone that will make Regina and Pan look like amateurs. The key here is for things to escalate.

Maybe she’ll come from the same land of literature as Frankenstein. Make her someone with roots in the world of horror, not Disneyfied fairy tales.

Comment by Michael Sacal – December 5, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking that about Cruella but they could add a spin to it, like maybe she makes coats out of weird beings and maybe now she wants a coat out of a specific character, like Henry or Regina or kinda like Rumple did with the hair of Snow and Charming, she wants a coat out of the Charmings to have the most powerful clothing (armor) ever made.

Comment by Chris G. – December 12, 2013 02:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • See, Cruella as Buffalo Bill…I just don’t think that’s quite right for primetime TV on a network, lol.

Comment by Michael Sacal – December 12, 2013 05:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know looking at her I think she could be someone related to Malifiecent. But I got a Jane(from Tarzan and Jane) vibe. I don’t even know why but it’s just a thing. I’m not so into the Fairytale land and they covered(yes I know Tarzan isn’t a fairytale per say). But she honestly seem like a Oz witch or maybe they go on with PSYCHO dorothy

Comment by Maki – December 5, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m liking the Morgan Le Fay idea… They had Lancelot in early s2 and they name dropped Camelot a few episodes ago with the whole excalibur thing, so perhaps it could be her! I’d love to see their take on her if they do in fact do it.

Comment by Heather – December 5, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it would be more interesting if they once again turned things upside down like they did with Peter Pan. Maybe the new villainess could be…Mary Poppins.

Comment by richard – December 5, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVED THAT!!!

Comment by Pearl – December 5, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’d have the accent pretty close: so off to a running start. But can she sing?

Comment by John 1138 – December 5, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hahaha!,.. I gotta go with this!. What if she’s not supposed to be able to sing, but believes she can!…lol! A Dark Curse throw back who didn’t experience her curse lift when Emma kissed Henry b/c she was being nosey in the library and found her way down below where Maleficent’s curse didn’t lift either. The Evil Mary Poppins… Regina would have written her curse out to be the opposite as well. Unkind, hates kids, can’t sing but tries anyway uncontrollably! lol… Props to richard! =)P

Comment by Doc – December 7, 2013 01:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With an episode of the second half called “Witch Hunt”, I see her as the White Witch from Narnia.

Comment by Andy – December 5, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is clearly Merida gone bad and rogue.

Comment by eddie g – December 5, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its gotta be a wicked witch of Oz. They’ve been hinting at Oz ALL season. Seriously, go back and watch. SO MANY references.

Comment by Allie – December 5, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have no idea, but I’m intrigued. I agree with other posters that it would be nice to have a Big Bad that isn’t Rumple or Regina or related to them. I still wish they hadn’t done such a terrible job with Maleficent, because she could’ve been great.

Comment by JC – December 5, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Kristin Bauer Van Straten! I just wish she had been given a good long arc instead of being in like 1 episode (and I think maybe a vo in another ep).

I assume they’ll be revisiting the Sleepy Beauty storyline eventually. Maybe Mader’s playing the younger version of Maleficient, when she went after Aurora’s mother?

She would also make a good Snow Queen or White Witch from Narnia though. I can also see Cruella, but as another poster said I don’t see Cruella as being a very powerful adversary.

Comment by gdv – December 5, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love KBVS too, but I don’t even think a longer arc could’ve helped. She just wasn’t right for the role IMO
        And oh I love the White Witch idea. Narnia would be great to see on OUAT

Comment by abz – December 5, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I actually love Kristin as Maleficent and hope she comes back ASAP. Just dump her ashes into the Wishing Well and poof. But now that you mention it, what if Rebecca Mader is Aurora’s mother? We have little backstory from Aurora, so her mother could be an arch-villain rival to Maleficent and Regina.

Comment by person – December 5, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, it makes me sad what to see how OUAT ruined Maleficent. She could’ve been an extaordinary villain on the show.

Comment by abz – December 5, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. To be honest, I have been completely disappointed in what they’ve done with Sleeping Beauty from beginning to end, and the casting has been part of that. I am not a fan of Sarah Bolger as Aurora, and I have not been overly impressed with Phillip what little we’ve seen of him. I know not every couple could get the Snow/Charming treatment but still. I was hoping for so much more from the Sleeping Beauty storyline and the show has completely failed to deliver on any level. :(

Comment by JC – December 5, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope OUAT stays as far away from the Wizard of Oz as possible. It’s been done to death and I have no interest in seeing OUAT’s take on it when are SOOOOOOOOOOOO many more stories and characters to tackle.
    Please let it be Cruella. I’m so excited for this NEW villain even though we don’t even know who she is yet.
    And I agree with other posters. Please have her have NO RELATION to Regina or Rumple!!

Comment by abz – December 5, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • there isn’t many female villains left really based on Disney stories.
    Lady Tremaine Cinderella
    Madam Mim The Sword in the Stone
    Madame Medusa The Rescuers
    Yzma The Emperors New Groove
    Helga Sinclair Atlantis

Comment by Joanne – December 5, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mirage from The Incredibles has potential.

Comment by Stormy – December 6, 2013 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about someone like Medusa? Do you think they would ever venture into Greek mythology, like they’ve dabbled in Arthurian legend? Disney has done Hercules before…

Comment by Dan – December 5, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They might. They did have Midas and his daughter (Katherine/Abigail) in S1 and more recently, Pandora’s Box.

Comment by Lauryn E. Nosek – December 5, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Medusa may come to OUAT, so it’s possible she’s playing her.

Comment by carlycane – December 5, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Medusa is going to be in the next episode, : youtube.com/watch?v=Xzb4Z0shYck

Comment by Jules – December 6, 2013 04:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I bet its something to do with the Wizard of Oz. An episode of the second half is called Witch Hunt, and they already aluded to the fact we will be visting Oz at some point.

Comment by Kellie – December 6, 2013 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Merida always seemed like an evil psycho to me

Comment by Sam Garcia – December 6, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guys. It’s Medusa.

Comment by Tatiana – December 6, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s Cruella DeVille

Comment by Mckenzey – December 6, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s Medusa! Just saw the promo while watching Once upon a Time in Wonderland!

Comment by Hazel – December 6, 2013 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Considering your article about a member of the Charming family tree getting to appear I assume she will be Regina’s grandmother or Rumple’s Mom. But which fairy character will she be no clue, maybe she is Queen Guinevere .

Comment by Maki – December 7, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Theres the Snow queen from Hans Christian Anderson’s story of the same name. Baba Yaga from Russian Folklore. If they are going with Greek Mythology, there is always Circe.

They could also portray a good character as evil, like Snow White’s sister, Rose Red.

Comment by Ko-chin Chang – December 9, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They already had lancelot in one of the episodes, so maybe the villian could be Morgana Le Fey.

Btw, she is not Medusa. Medusa was played by Michelle Malkin.

Comment by Ko-chin Chang – December 9, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post