It's Official: Dianna Agron Returns to Glee

Dianna Agron Returns to GleeGleeks, your prayers have been answered: Dianna Agron is returning to Glee for the show’s upcoming 100th episode, series cocreator Ryan Murphy confirmed on Twitter on Thursday.

RELATED | Glee 100th Episode — Fans Pick Songs for Landmark Episode

Earlier this week, Murphy took to Twitter to announce that “ALL The Glee Originals” received invites to return for the milestone installment.

RELATED | Glee End Date Set, What is Your Dream Farewell for Rachel?

Other castmembers who RSVP’d yes for Episode 100 include Heather Morris Mark Salling, Amber Riley and Harry Shum.

1. Mel says:

Good for her but no thanks. I’m not fond of her character but I do really like her.

• Fernanda says:

seriously? this post is for Dianna Fans who missed her in the quarterback episode and Faberry fans. I know, Glee is going down in the ratings but I am still a Gleek until the final episode and beyond. Thanks Mr. Murphy

2. Brian says:

So where are all the trolls rejoicing in her return? They are the first to complain when she isn’t around.

• tim says:

They will start badgering Lea about why isn’t she tweeting about Dianna. They will be tweeting Ryan about Faberry. and then if there is any remote sign that Lea and Dianna were in the same room that means that they are in a supersecret relationship which meant that Cory and Lea’s relationship was fake, and that according to them the relationship is what ultimately caused Cory to die. Have I missed anything?

• Jermey says:

why are they trolls? Becuase they Like Diana\Quinn and want her to come back?

3. Jess says:

If she can come back for this episode, the what was the deal with Finn’s tribute episode? That’s truly when I would have loved to see her.

• Matt Alex says:

Pretty sure there’s a lot of drama between Diana, Ryan Murphy and Lea Michelle. The rumor I heard was that Lea didn’t want her there for the tribute.

• Lauren says:

I thought it was just a scheduling conflict? I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that Diana and Lea are friends.

• stop says:

Stop Lea is not a producer nor does not write the episode. Lea did plan Cory’s memorial which Dianna was invited too.

• Stop.readthis says:

lea is the co-producer for the quarterback episode . lea is in memorial so as dianna but the two is ignoring each other inside the memorial .

• meh says:

I heard the moon walk was a hoax. Stop believing everything you read. She wasn’t even needed for the episode and had cut ties with the show. I thought it was a good decision not to have her fans are as bad as Klainers and feel entitled.

• roze says:

So true. Klainers are probably the most annoying fans on the planet. I mean seriously, the relationship between the two doesn’t even make sense. They’re too similar. Every time I see them together I think “it’s like your dating yourself.” Not to mention the fact that Kurt is probably the most hypocritical character ever written ever. But omg tell that to Klainer fans and you’ll be effing lynched!

• dude says:

That’s a rumour.

• Meredith says:

Oh, for Christ’s sake.

4. Molly says:

Meh. I never liked Quinn, but at least this means her bizarrely obsessive fans won’t be able to freak out over her absence.

• overrated? says:

I know they pretend they are happy Dianna is “free” (even though she was let go) but then bitch and moan she isn’t on. Dianna isn’t even very good, She lack in any charisma in her musical performances and is just ok overall as an actor.

• Amy says:

and yet you found the time to come read an article involving her return and commenting.

• Kelly says:

Sure sure, your opinion is not a fact though, too bad you like to think your idea is somehow better than the others. As a matter of fac tons of people like Dianna and the character Quinn. You are still reading and commenting on an article about her…say more about you than the actress or her fans? ;D

• JK says:

What is this absurd belief that people should only read articles about people/things they like? Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, good or bad. @Molly should be careful not to generalize fans of Dianna as “bizarrely obsessive.” To each his/her own taste. At the same time, it’s just as poor of form to ridicule someone for participating in a discussion on an open forum.

• dude says:

I saw “The Family” with my mom and when we left the first thing she said was “She’s a pretty girl but Dianna Agron is not an actress” I really like Dianna as a person but as much as I try, I cannot like her as an actress. She has very limited range.

• O-Town says:

I’m assuming you’re accomplishing a lot more than Dianna in your burgeoning acting/singing career. Kudos to you for….oh, you’re not. Then, I guess your whole point to complain about it is a moot point. Being bitter for the sake of people having to put up with your thoughts is just silly.

• Hazel says:

We are not “bizzarely obsessive” fans. She wasn’t there for the freaking tribute, of course we wanted to see her on Glee. Maybe the schedule problem, maybe the Lea&Dianna fight, it does not matter. Idk who you love more, but what would you feel if your favourite character was cut out of your favourite show without telling anything, any heads up? You are all so selfish, it hurts to read the comments.

• Brian says:

And hence my comment about trolls…..

5. mandy says:

Awesome news. Very much looking forward to this.

6. Amy says:

I’m glad she’s back this means all the originals will be returning besides Cory of course it will be nice to see them all together at least one last time. I hope the writers let Rachel and Kurt interact with them this time around.

7. jasie says:

Still hoping for a return of Terri (Jessalyn Gilsig)

8. Jess says:

I’m really excited! First time in a long time I’ve looked forward to an episode of glee!

9. Sue says:

Think they invited back Matt? The poor kid who got cut after season 1? Hmmm

10. Gleemark says:

Yes!!!! Finally Dianna is back, all the gang reunited again! Hope to see a big performance with Jenna, Kevin, Lea, Amber, Chris, Dianna, Mark, Harry, Naya and Heather! Hope to see Jayma there ! :)

11. Sasha says:

I like Dianna, but Quinn is just a hot mess.

12. D says:

i’m surprised after the way they treated her character

• goodbye says:

Tired of this old nugget everyone character has been treated badly several times. At least she got some material. They should have graduated her at the end of the second season.

• Amy says:

Dude everyone gets treated badly? Quinn was like Kenny from South Park

• Kim B says:

Yes everyone gets treated badly have you seen Tina lately? She had 2 bad storyline for the most part. She was only a supporting character anyway so her job as to a instant and that is what she was for the most part. I agree they should have cut her she didn’t bring enough to the tale to war rent the time she got.

13. Kate says:

Clearly ALL of the original “Glee” cast won’t be there. And I suspect folks like Stephen Tobolowsky won’t be there either … Or Ashley Fink. Or Samuel Larsen.

14. St says:

Oh hey – can they now throw away all those cheap copies and keep filming and pretend that they never existed?

This is probably the weirdest decision in history of television. When creators threw away half of original members and replaced them…. with cheap copies of the same characters. And assassinated their own show which already was having trouble with ratings. Did they thought that people watched it because of that school choir? And not because of characters? That they will replace actors who “graduated” every 2-3 years and will run this show for 10 years? Replacing one actors with another when they become too old to be in school? Then they should have cast better actors and better characters.

It’s like after 3 season half of Beverly Hills 90210 kids would graduate and producers would throw away Luke, Andrea, Steve and Kelly and forgot about them. And would left Brandon, Brenda, Donna and David in school and add few cheap copies of Luke, Steve and Kelly. And then Luke, Andrea, Steve and Kelly would suddenly visit West Beverly Hills High School 2 times a year to help Brenda and Brandon to solve some of their problems… And then disappear again.

• paula says:

Although I agree with you premise for the record… Dylan, Andrea, Kelly, Donna, Brenda, Brandon, and Steve characters were all the same age and grade level when the show started (Juniors), and David was one year younger (Sophomore), the show was a hit and to make “high school” last longer the 7 were juniors for two years and during their senior year David took extra classes to “graduate” with his friends. No where in the show did they ever address how the extra year came into play.

15. Freckles says:

Still hoping Jonathan Groff to return. It will be great for rachel and jessie fans just like me.

16. Well not ALL of the originals, because… obviously.

• Claire says:

Yeah, Ryan Murphy obviously forgot about Cory’s death when he sent that tweet. Anyone with an IQ of 5 knew what he meant.

17. cj says:

Guess her career isn’t taking off the way she wanted/expected.

• Hen man says:

Yeah, she must be distraught at only being able to score a gig with Robert de Niro and Michelle Pfeiffer.

• Janice says:

You mean that critically panned flop of a film that my mom walked out in the middle of? LOL. Yeah she’s living big. She’s a terrible actress with a short shelf life. I mean it’s sad that for all her supposed “movie-making” Glee is still the only thing keeping her relevant.

• Ana says:

Because she’s coming back for one special episode that a lot of her fans want her to be in? Jumping the gun a little there.

• Jillian says:

Pretty sure she’s shooting another movie right now with Maggie Q from Nikita

18. Kyle C. says:

Quinn had some of the hardest storylines. Seriously, Ryan and the writers through some hard stories at her, and Dianna handled them so well, she was great. She’s always fun to watch. Unholy Trinity!

19. g says:

This will be a fun episode. So sad that Cory/Finn will be the only one missing. Dianna being back is a huge plus though, I hope we get some stuff with her and Kitty.

20. John says:

I think they are bringing her back so they can explain how Finn died because of something Quinn did. She was responsible!

• Hazel says:

Really? You think the writers will come up with that? “Finn’s ex-girlfriend, old Glee member and head of the cheerios, student of Yale hit the roof, lost herself and out of the blue, decided to kill someone. Oh right, by someone we mean one of her oldest and best friends, who she saw on the wedding for the last time.” Yeah. That’s the script for sure.

21. megs says:

I was always a fan of Dianna, and her acting. She carried a lot of the heavy stuff early on, and I always thought she did really well. I never thought her singing voice was stellar, but she’s a good crier- you gotta admit that.
    Excited to see her back!

22. Jillian says:

After the tribute debacle Ryan had no choice but to publicly invite everyone. With that, I am glad that the whole gang is getting back together (minus Cory). I am still hoping that Terri (along with Howard Bamboo) and Gwyneth can appear as well. I know so many people hated GP’s season 2 arc but I personally loved Holly Holliday and think it would be cool if she showed up for like 1 or 2 scenes. I am curious as to what the plot is going to be that brings everyone back to Lima.

23. Alice says:

The only reason I’ll watch the episode is Dianna , then I’m going back to ignore glee xD

24. roze says:

I’m happy Mark Salling/Puck will be on it. It’s the only reason I’ll be watching. Because really, the show even before Cory died was just getting worse and worse. It hasn’t been good since the 3rd season, and then for me the only reason I watched the 3rd season was because of his one liners. But I guess it’s good news for Dianna fans that she’ll be back too. Imo I’m just kind of whatever about that.

25. Mike Chapman says:

now they just need to get Dijon Talton (aka Matt Rutherford/”Shaft”) to get all (surviving) Season 1 original New Directions members. (sadly, the #Glee writers seem to have forgotten about him!!)

26. Hazel says:

Seriously, people? You are all acting insane over here. I’m a hardcore Dianna Agron lover, and I’m happy to see her back. Yes, she is doing amazing job without glee, but they are her friends, her first show which she was finally under the spot light.
    You may not like Quinn, or hell even Dianna, but it doesn’t give you rights to get all crazy over 100th episode. Every character, who was on the show at one point or permanent, is coming back. Why shouldn’t she? because you don’t like her? that’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.
    She is coming back for one freaking episode and I see everyone is complaning about how bad she was at the show, and how bitchy her character was. Sorry fox, just because you don’t like Quinn, you cannot go on insulting Dianna, who did an outstanding job. I do not ship Faberry – I don’t even like the idea of Lea and Dianna, but still some of you judge the whole fans over them.
    I mean seriously? She is responsible for Cory and Finn’s death? Are we on the same planet, people?
    I wanted to see her on the tribute episode but because of her program – which I think she wasnt busy, there is this weird fight between Di vs. Lea&Ryan, that was the reason -, she wasn’t there.
    Overall, I’m stunned by the fact I will see her lovely face again, four for you Di, four for you! We love you.

27. Ella says:

Excited for Dianna’s return!! I would love to see a little Puck / Quinn / Beth moment thrown into the episode!! Hope they give her a fairly realistic storyline this time, and not some crazy plot out of nowhere.