Revolution Books Rocker Bret Michaels for Gig -- Playing His Post-Apocalyptic Self

Revolution Bret MichaelsRevolution is rocking out.

Musician Bret Michaels will guest-star on Season 2 of the NBC drama as a post-apocalyptic version of himself, the network announced on Tuesday.

RELATED | Revolution Season 2 Spoilers — Aaron and the Nanobots

As first reported by EW.com, the Poison frontman will sing an acoustic version of the band’s ballad “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” in the episode airing Jan. 29, 2014.

“Bret is truly a great guy,” said creator Eric Kripke in a statement. “I’m a huge fan of his music and I’m thrilled he’s appearing on Revolution.”

This is not the first time the show has teamed up with a musical act. In Season 1, Kripke, a longtime Led Zeppelin fan, scored the rights to the rockers’ slow jam “Since I’ve Been Loving You” and the hit “Kashmir.”

Elsewhere in Michaels’ episode: Monroe leads Connor and Charlie on a risky mission, while Aaron reunites with an old friend.

Revolution fans, are you looking forward to the mini concert? And when will we meet post-apocalyptic David Schwimmer?

1. Eric says:

I’ve always wanted to see some post-apocalyptic celebs, especially after that hilarious Schwimmer joke they snuck into the season premiere.

2. wordsmith says:

Depending on how they treat this, it could either be kind of funny or really terrible. I hope they put him in old age makeup so that he looks 70ish or whatever he would be by that time.

3. Jo says:

Is it December Fool’s Day?

4. So now we know that at least two celebrities survived the apocalypse in Revolution,. Bret Michaels and David Schwimmer.

5. Yuka says:

By the way, my opinion the fall break episode was probably the worst episode ever and I may not return in the spring.

6. jaybone says:

So Bret is basically Tom Petty in the Postman (terrible movie but characters seem similar).

7. Ally Oop says:

Omfg that’s the first time I’ve ever used this abbreviation. Every Rose Has It’s Thorn is my favourite song and now it’s gonba get sung on one of my favourite shows. This must be my birthday.

8. Tran 2.0 says:

First Led Zeppelin now Bret Michaels? Talk about starting a “music revolution”.

9. MrTemecula says:

Oh, come on, Revolution. Bret Michaels would have been done for in the first half hour of Doomsday. Everybody knows Keith Richards will be the Cockroach King of America post-apocalypse.

10. Antonietta says:

Howdy! Wοuld ʏou mind if Ι share yoսr blog աith mу zynga group?
    Τhегe’s a lot օf people that I tɦink would гeally enjoy үouг content.
    Pleasе let me know. Many thanks