Ratings: Blacklist Rises With Fall Finale, Almost Human Dips Again, Hostages Holds Steady

Ratings Blacklist Fall FinaleNBC’s The Blacklist was Red-hot as it entered the winter break, drawing 11.7 million total viewers and a 3.2 demo rating — rising 6 percent and two tenths to its second-best tallies of the season, per finals.

TVLine readers gave the freshman drama’s fall finale an average grade of “A-“; the season resumes Jan. 13.

RELATED | The Blacklist Fall Finale Recap: Daddy Issues

Opening the Peacock’s night, The Voice’s Top 6 sing-off did 12 mil and a 3.4, on par with its week-ago tallies.

RELATED | The Voice Performance Recap: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About (Top) Six

Over on CBS, How I Met Your Mother (7.9 mil/3.0) ticked up a tenth,  2 Broke Girls (8.4 mil/2.7) was flat, Mike & Molly (8.6 mil/2.4) and Mom (7.6 mil/2.1) dipped one and two tenths, respectively; and Hostages (4.5 mil/1.1) dropped 20 percent in audience but held steady in the demo.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 150+ December Finales, January Premieres and More

ABC’s Charlie Brown Christmas did 7.1 mil and a 1.9, down sharply from last year’s first, late-November airing (8.9 mil/2.9, on a Wednesday) but on par with a December ’12 repeat and besting Fox’s Almost Human in the hour. CMA Country Christmas followed with 7.3 mil/1.5, up a tenth from last year.

Fox’s Almost Human (5.8 mil/1.7) dipped 5 percent and two tenths.

1. Sarah says:

OMG Almost Human. I honestly thought it would go up without DWTS.

2. Emma says:

Ouch, A Charlie Brown Christmas did way better than Almost Human. If Sleepy Hollow was not a re-run it might have helped AH. I loved HIMYM, going to miss that show.

3. bonesfan says:

Yay for The Blacklist. .it was soooooo good..Fox should have never moved Bones..Almost Human has way worse ratings than Bones had at the same time.

• Tamera says:

Ditto! I’m hoping that Almost Human tanks so they can move Bones back to it’s Monday night. For the cost of the show and the ratings, I doubt it’ll be around much longer. I also think Blacklist got a boost from Castle not having a new episode.

4. b says:

Looks like Bones will get a tenth season. Hopefully, the execs at Fox move it back to Monday. Their treatment of the show is bizzare.

5. b says:

However will Bones on Fridays I’ve watched 2 Broke Girls and have really liked the 2 episodes I’ve seen so far.

6. Jo says:

I might as well delete those unwatched Almost Human episodes from my DVR. It’s almost canceled.

7. Diego says:

What’s “bizarre” is that anyone would like 2Broke Girls! Anyone who likes that show is an utter moron. Yes, “b” I’m talking about you.

8. Kate says:

I’m really sad Mike & Molly is so different now. I haven’t deleted my season pass yet but it’s getting close.

• Kim R says:

I’m still watching because I like Melissa McCarthy so much but I’m not sure what they are going for with this make-over. I’m not at all a fan of 2 Broke Girls. The nasal sarcastic tone of the brunette is too much for me. :)

9. Aaron says:

Sucks to hear about Almost Human’s ratings. It’s a great show. Maybe after the holidays it should move to a different night…might find an audience.

10. Gerald says:

Great HIMYM episode. Everyone was on the top of their game. A little sappy, but it does it so well. The final season is perfect.

• Goodbye Universe Guy says:

Yes and no. I agree with you, a nice episode, but somewhere along the way in S9, this show perhaps should have changed the title from HIMYM to HBLHL -‘How Barney Lives His Life’. It is remarkable how little Ted/Josh has been utilized this season. He sits off in a corner. We have had almost as many minutes of Barney and ‘The Mother’ together, as we’ve seen with Ted and ‘The Mother’ together. Barney everywhere, all the time, almost every scene in S9. I like Barney/NPH a lot, but this show was supposed to be an ensemble, a group five. What happened this season?

At least in last night’s episode, we finally got a Ted-Robin-Lily scene [3rd one in S9?] without Barney around – those are very rare in S9. I guess it is ‘not allowed’ to have a Ted and Robin scene anymore – can’t trust them alone, I guess. Too bad – that’s the core drama of the story.

It is understandable why Marshall isn’t in many scenes with the others – Jason’s feature film commitment. But the lack of Ted/Josh in S9 is hard to understand. They have about 12 episodes left +/-. Any chance of getting Ted back front and center of maybe one or two more episode before his final trip to the Farhampton station? I am asking for too much? Hard to believe I’m asking for just one more ‘Ted’ episode, considering the title of the show, but here we are. Last night’s episode – we are reminded ‘again’ of how much Barney loves Robin (we got it writers, thank you!) with the surprise at the ice rink, and what happens to Ted? He dresses up like Liberace and falls down face first into the ice. HIMYM? Really writers? This is the best you got?

11. Jason says:

Does anyone really believe that Red was telling the truth at the end of this ep? Trying not to spoiler for any that haven’t seen…

• blacklister says:

I honestly think the producers were trying to get the answer out of the way so they could move on to more important things.. I really believe that Red was telling her the truth.

• Simon Jester says:

I don’t think he has knowingly lied to her in any previous episodes. Besides, aren’t we all hoping that it *is* more complicated than the scenario everyone has been predicting since day 1?

• Sparky says:

I’m torn…i think he could have lied to protect her in case someone has tapped her phone. But at the same time I feel like there is an even bigger reveal coming. From episode 1 it seemed like an obvious connection and I dismissed it but over the past few episodes I’ve moved over to the hope that he is and a lot of that is down to how Spader plays the role. Then again if we all still assume the obvious and it turns out that he isn’t and the two of them have become so close it will hurt like hell to find out the truth…that maybe Red is responsible for his death. Such great writing and acting its so hard to know what’s going to happen.

• DJ says:

I’m not sure, Red’s conversation with Mr. Keen suggests that he indeed is her dad (at least that’s what I heard) and he lied this week to keep her safe. But if he actually was truthful, his pseudo-obsession with Lizzie is still inexplicable to me. Alas, that’s one of the (many) beauties of this show: always second-guessing yourself.

12. tabularasalocke says:

What annoys me is some of the comments from Bones fans about Almost Human. I’m a fan of both shows and it makes zero sense to bash Almost Human just because Fox moved Bones to Friday nights. Fox was trying to invest in the future. Bones has at the most one year left (although really, they should end it this season) and the only solid dramas we have for next year are Sleepy Hollow and…Glee? Does that even count? Almost Human is on a tough night and spot and I hope they have faith and move it to a different night, maybe following American Idol. But bashing a show because it took Bones’ timeslot is just silly, especially when Bones has been on the air for 9 years and Almost Human is just trying to find it’s fanbase. SMH.

13. DavidSask says:

Almost Human it’s not looking good for renewal, time to Bones back and appease its fans!

14. nuhuhtoyouruhhuh says:

Meh. Almost Human is getting boring and besides, where is the John Larroquette “story arc” we were promised?

15. wrstlgirl says:

Almost Human is hilarious and a great series. It’s really sad to see that people can’t look outside the box and try new shows. I get tired of watching the same old, same old all the time.

16. lshepard47 says:

Matt what do you think the chances are of FOX putting Bones back on Mondays since it’s Monday ratings were higher then what Almost Human has been doing. And it’s Friday ratings are not as high as they used to be.