Once Upon a Time Preview: Will a 'Bomb Under the Table' Blow Up the Storybrooke Reunions?

Get More: Photo Gallery, Previews

This Sunday on Once Upon a Time, in the penultimate episode of the ABC drama’s Neverland arc, there will be many happy reunions as our heroes splash down in Storybrooke — and yet a hidden and very real danger lies in wait.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Casting Q: Who Is Christopher Gorham to Emma?

Even though the puckish Peter Pan stowed away in Henry’s body as Hook’s ship disembarked from Neverland, “The Jolly Roger is not going to take a detour. It is going to find its way back to Storybrooke,” assures series coceator Eddy Kitsis. “And what happens there is where it gets exciting.”

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Exclusive: Henry’s Expanded Family Tree Will Grow Even More

As seen in the photos below, when the likes of Rumple, Snow, Emma and Wendy are reunited with Belle, the Dwarfs, Granny and the Darling bros, “People think it’s time to celebrate,” Kitsis previews. “Everyone’s going to come home to Storybrooke without realizing that there’s a bomb under the table,” since Pan is able to plot his next, dastardly move in plain sight.

And plot away he will, because the leader of Lost Boys is not about to give up without a fight that which he gave up so much to attain.

“What drives Pan is self-preservation. He is somebody who wants to be 14 for the rest of his life, somebody who is completely selfish and is willing to give up his own child and, as you saw [last week], has no regrets about it,” Kitsis notes. “He really the worst, most selfish part of all of us.”

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Season — Scoop on a New Teen Heroine

Flip through the photos for a sneak peek at “The New Neverland,” airing Sunday at 8/7c. If you want more Once scoop, email insideline@tvline.com and your Q may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Comments (30)

• Thank you so much for the squirrel baby caption. That made my day

Comment by Jerry – December 3, 2013 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hahahahahahahha Thanks for the laughs! And I agree the squirrel baby one was A+

Comment by Lynn – December 3, 2013 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m SO ready to be done with the story arc. It has been dragged out way too long. I’m over Pan. Thank GOD we’re out of Neverland.

Comment by Jen – December 3, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “No way — you and your brother did what to try to adopt Henry all those years ago?”
    Ahaha. This one cracks me up! I’m curious as to what the Darlings do to even be eligible for adopting babies.
    And the bit about Ruby got recruited by Feds.
    God, these captions are just too awesome.

Comment by Leo – December 3, 2013 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I assume they had to pretend to be a couple. Awkward.

Comment by Alice – December 3, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a bit sick of Peter Pan to be honest, wonderful actor just tired of the plot.

Comment by Amy – December 3, 2013 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt I lmfao. GREAT captions! :)))))) seems like a good episode will set up a great midseason finale.

Comment by Maki – December 3, 2013 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited to see what will happen. I really did not see her t coming that Pan is Rumple’s father – thought it tied the story together well. I think this will be a great chance for the actor who plays Henry to stretch his legs and get us off The Island while maintaining the danger. I also look forward to more Darling Brothers!

Comment by Rita – December 3, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha! Matt’s captions for the win!! Thanks for making me laugh today and holy crap, can we get more pictures of MRJ smiling?! That man’s smile lights up a whole room! =D

Comment by HeatherC – December 3, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic Captions. I’ll be interested to see if they do some sort of time elapse for Snow’s pregnancy because babies usually grow faster than shooting schedules. :-) I’m excited for that story line. I think Emma and Snow should be pregnant at the same time. Hilarity ensues.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – December 3, 2013 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jen and Amy I second your comments to the millionth power!! :) I am utterly and without a doubt whole-heartedly exhausted, just completely spent with this Pan storyline. My interest waned so long ago, but glutton for punishment that I am, I kept coming back for more. That is only because I heart Lana Parilla and Robert Carlyle ;) But like most disillusioned lovers I am beginning to realize that love just isn’t enough…sigh…I will be patient and loyal to the show because that is just my nature, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it! *pouts*

Comment by Leila J – December 3, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the pics and comments! Hilarious! Squirrel baby cracked me up. Can’t wait for Sunday’s episode.

Comment by rk535 – December 3, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great captions, but I also like how the Rumbelle pics stand on their own.

Comment by Cass – December 3, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Captions were HILARIOUS!

Comment by M – December 3, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Out of all the weird time mix-ups on this show, I can’t wait to hear how poor Wendy deals with being younger than her brothers now.

Comment by TT – December 3, 2013 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will this be the long overdue end of Peter Pan already? That storyline was good for about 4 weeks, after that, it’s just overkill.

Comment by Babygate – December 3, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “…in the penultimate episode of the ABC drama’s Neverland arc…”

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – December 3, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Your captions crack me up! You would think people would find it strange that Henry has suddenly struck up a friendship with Pan’s sidekick. And please please get Hook in some street clothes!

Comment by Babybop – December 3, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Especially the Vancouver paps! Lmao so true.

Comment by Lysh – December 3, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! The funny captions are back!!!! Thanks, Matt.

Comment by Hodan – December 3, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for your captions!

Comment by Tania – December 3, 2013 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pic 3: Of course they’re a happy lil’ family again, just ignore the woman who actually raised the child for 11 years why don’t you..

Comment by suetying (@suetying3003) – December 4, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the captions, Matt! They’re great!! Love ‘em!!

Comment by SK – December 5, 2013 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post