Once Upon a Time Preview: Will a 'Bomb Under the Table' Blow Up the Storybrooke Reunions?

This Sunday on Once Upon a Time, in the penultimate episode of the ABC drama’s Neverland arc, there will be many happy reunions as our heroes splash down in Storybrooke — and yet a hidden and very real danger lies in wait.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Casting Q: Who Is Christopher Gorham to Emma?

Even though the puckish Peter Pan stowed away in Henry’s body as Hook’s ship disembarked from Neverland, “The Jolly Roger is not going to take a detour. It is going to find its way back to Storybrooke,” assures series coceator Eddy Kitsis. “And what happens there is where it gets exciting.”

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Exclusive: Henry’s Expanded Family Tree Will Grow Even More

As seen in the photos below, when the likes of Rumple, Snow, Emma and Wendy are reunited with Belle, the Dwarfs, Granny and the Darling bros, “People think it’s time to celebrate,” Kitsis previews. “Everyone’s going to come home to Storybrooke without realizing that there’s a bomb under the table,” since Pan is able to plot his next, dastardly move in plain sight.

And plot away he will, because the leader of Lost Boys is not about to give up without a fight that which he gave up so much to attain.

“What drives Pan is self-preservation. He is somebody who wants to be 14 for the rest of his life, somebody who is completely selfish and is willing to give up his own child and, as you saw [last week], has no regrets about it,” Kitsis notes. “He really the worst, most selfish part of all of us.”

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Season — Scoop on a New Teen Heroine

Flip through the photos for a sneak peek at “The New Neverland,” airing Sunday at 8/7c. If you want more Once scoop, email insideline@tvline.com and your Q may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Jerry says:

Thank you so much for the squirrel baby caption. That made my day

2. Lynn says:

hahahahahahahha Thanks for the laughs! And I agree the squirrel baby one was A+

3. Jen says:

I’m SO ready to be done with the story arc. It has been dragged out way too long. I’m over Pan. Thank GOD we’re out of Neverland.

4. Leo says:

“No way — you and your brother did what to try to adopt Henry all those years ago?”
    Ahaha. This one cracks me up! I’m curious as to what the Darlings do to even be eligible for adopting babies.
    And the bit about Ruby got recruited by Feds.
    God, these captions are just too awesome.

5. Amy says:

I’m a bit sick of Peter Pan to be honest, wonderful actor just tired of the plot.

6. Maki says:

Matt I lmfao. GREAT captions! :)))))) seems like a good episode will set up a great midseason finale.

7. Rita says:

Excited to see what will happen. I really did not see her t coming that Pan is Rumple’s father – thought it tied the story together well. I think this will be a great chance for the actor who plays Henry to stretch his legs and get us off The Island while maintaining the danger. I also look forward to more Darling Brothers!

8. HeatherC says:

Haha! Matt’s captions for the win!! Thanks for making me laugh today and holy crap, can we get more pictures of MRJ smiling?! That man’s smile lights up a whole room! =D

9. Fantastic Captions. I’ll be interested to see if they do some sort of time elapse for Snow’s pregnancy because babies usually grow faster than shooting schedules. :-) I’m excited for that story line. I think Emma and Snow should be pregnant at the same time. Hilarity ensues.

10. Leila J says:

Jen and Amy I second your comments to the millionth power!! :) I am utterly and without a doubt whole-heartedly exhausted, just completely spent with this Pan storyline. My interest waned so long ago, but glutton for punishment that I am, I kept coming back for more. That is only because I heart Lana Parilla and Robert Carlyle ;) But like most disillusioned lovers I am beginning to realize that love just isn’t enough…sigh…I will be patient and loyal to the show because that is just my nature, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it! *pouts*

11. rk535 says:

Love the pics and comments! Hilarious! Squirrel baby cracked me up. Can’t wait for Sunday’s episode.

12. Cass says:

Great captions, but I also like how the Rumbelle pics stand on their own.

13. M says:

Captions were HILARIOUS!

14. TT says:

Out of all the weird time mix-ups on this show, I can’t wait to hear how poor Wendy deals with being younger than her brothers now.

15. Babygate says:

Will this be the long overdue end of Peter Pan already? That storyline was good for about 4 weeks, after that, it’s just overkill.

16. Babybop says:

Your captions crack me up! You would think people would find it strange that Henry has suddenly struck up a friendship with Pan’s sidekick. And please please get Hook in some street clothes!

17. Lysh says:

Especially the Vancouver paps! Lmao so true.

18. Hodan says:

YES! The funny captions are back!!!! Thanks, Matt.

19. Tania says:

Yay for your captions!

20. Pic 3: Of course they’re a happy lil’ family again, just ignore the woman who actually raised the child for 11 years why don’t you..

21. SK says:

Thanks for the captions, Matt! They’re great!! Love ‘em!!