Scoop: Major Crimes Recruits Malcolm-Jamal Warner to Protect [Spoiler]

United Nations Day Concert - ArrivalsBut can he play chess?

As TNT’s Major Crimes winds down its second season this winter, Malcolm-Jamal Warner will guest-star in a two-episode arc, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | TNT’s Dallas Gets Premiere Date for Split Season 3

Appearing in the Dec. 30 and Jan. 6 episodes, the onetime Cosby kid will play Lt. Chuck Cooper, a SIS (Special Investigation Section) supervisor brought in to help protect Raydor’s ward Rusty from his stalker, at all costs.

VIDEO | First Look: In TNT’s Noir Drama Mob City, ‘Nobody Gets Out Alive’

Warner’s recent TV credits include a visit to Key & Peele, multiple episodes of Community and a starring role on BET’s Reed Between the Lines.

TNT’s Major Crimes airs Mondays at 9/8c, with the Season 2 finale set for Jan. 13.

1. amicam says:

;) not much of a spoiler as to whom he’s supposed to protect, tbh.

2. Drama Girl says:

I’ve just given up on this show. Honestly it lost a bit of the fire and edge when Kyra left. This new formula of knowing the crime and cutting deals to secure guilty verdicts is just not compelling enough. This Randy plot has dragged for 2 seasons..enough already. Capt Rayder is just a flat character as well. Shame because I was a huge Closer fan but its such a snoozer now.

• J.Norman says:

The show runners for reasons best known to themselves decided that the way to get viewers was to focus on the poor little lost street kid Randy.
      Yes, I’m sure his back story was tough, but literally (high double digit) thousands can match sob stories with him.
      I was going to give the show a shot, but they quickly lost me with this story line. I just don’t get it.

3. david boyington says:

I actually thought last night’s episode of “jailbait” was pretty good. especially the scenes with graham patrick martin as rusty and dr. joe played by bill brotchtrup. I felt we got some insight on rusty thoughts on how he dealt in his mind having to resort to prostitution when his mom left him behind.

• Floretta says:

Gotta wonder if Dr Joe had a similar background, he understands Rusty so well (and so does Sharon.) Rusty is another way we get insight to the rest of the characters too.

4. barbara says:

i also liked this episode. rusty a darn good actor. i was a big fan of the closer but kyra chose to leave and i think sharons character doing a great job sure she’s not brenda but she brings another depth to the show as do all the other stars

5. Max says:

I loved closer and am a big fan of Major Crimes also, but please get rid of Philip Stroh, I’m sick of that storyline. I like all the characters and hope there is a season 3 without Philip!