Reign Casts Amy Brenneman as Mary's Mother

Get More: Casting News, News

Reign Season 1 Cast Amy BrennemanReign‘s Queen Catherine better watch out, because Mary’s mom is coming to court.

Private Practice alum Amy Brenneman will play Marie de Guise on an upcoming episode of the CW drama..

RELATED | The CW Picks Up Reign and Two Other Series for Full Seasons

The actress tweeted the news Monday, calling her maternal role “the badass.”

Brenneman also was recently cast opposite Justin Theroux (Six Feet Under) in Damon Lindelof (Lost) and author Tom Perrotta’s HBO pilot The Leftovers.

Comments (9)

• Very nice. I can’t even off the top of my head think of who might have made a better casting, so great.

I’m especially looking forward to Amy’s Marie putting Catherine in her place.

Comment by Ian – November 25, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great casting call!!! I belive they will have great chemistry!!!

Comment by Maki – November 25, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve loved Amy since Judging Amy. Not a fan of Reign, but I hope her new show gets picked up. Also wish they’d release Judging Amy on DVD.

Comment by Steven – November 25, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice,loved her on PP.OMG!!! Just started watching Reign,have finished episode 4,would soon watch ep 5.its sooo Good.I thought it would be terrible.
    The chemistry between francis and mary is amazing.love all of mary’s friends,especially the one hooking up with the king,the girl brings it every episode.

Comment by meah – November 25, 2013 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I’ll be the first….I think it’s terrible casting. She looks far too old too play the role. Also, her performances on PP always seemed false and very forced to me. I actually love Reign, and I’m sad they didn’t cast someone else.

Comment by Sarah – November 25, 2013 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show. Looking forward to AB’s appearance.

Comment by Ava – November 25, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She definitely looks the part, but I’m curious to see how well she sells the costume drama vibe.
    It’s all too easy to come across as a modern actor in a fancy outfit (this is my main issue with the Kenna character).

Comment by wordsmith – November 25, 2013 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is surprisingly good, I didn’t expect it but I’m hooked. I think Amy will be a good addition.

Comment by Jeri – November 27, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post