Reign Casts Amy Brenneman as Mary's Mother

Reign Season 1 Cast Amy BrennemanReign‘s Queen Catherine better watch out, because Mary’s mom is coming to court.

Private Practice alum Amy Brenneman will play Marie de Guise on an upcoming episode of the CW drama..

RELATED | The CW Picks Up Reign and Two Other Series for Full Seasons

The actress tweeted the news Monday, calling her maternal role “the badass.”

Brenneman also was recently cast opposite Justin Theroux (Six Feet Under) in Damon Lindelof (Lost) and author Tom Perrotta’s HBO pilot The Leftovers.

1. Ian says:

Very nice. I can’t even off the top of my head think of who might have made a better casting, so great.

I’m especially looking forward to Amy’s Marie putting Catherine in her place.

2. Maki says:

great casting call!!! I belive they will have great chemistry!!!

3. Steven says:

I’ve loved Amy since Judging Amy. Not a fan of Reign, but I hope her new show gets picked up. Also wish they’d release Judging Amy on DVD.

4. meah says:

Nice,loved her on PP.OMG!!! Just started watching Reign,have finished episode 4,would soon watch ep 5.its sooo Good.I thought it would be terrible.
    The chemistry between francis and mary is amazing.love all of mary’s friends,especially the one hooking up with the king,the girl brings it every episode.

5. Sarah says:

Well, I’ll be the first….I think it’s terrible casting. She looks far too old too play the role. Also, her performances on PP always seemed false and very forced to me. I actually love Reign, and I’m sad they didn’t cast someone else.

6. Ava says:

Great show. Looking forward to AB’s appearance.

7. wordsmith says:

She definitely looks the part, but I’m curious to see how well she sells the costume drama vibe.
    It’s all too easy to come across as a modern actor in a fancy outfit (this is my main issue with the Kenna character).

8. Jeri says:

This show is surprisingly good, I didn’t expect it but I’m hooked. I think Amy will be a good addition.