'Ship Shape: How Your Fave Pairs From NCIS: LA, POI, Coven, Dixie and Other Shows Are Faring

A long-awaited reunion. A kiss before a tragic death. A surprising ménage à trois. This week, romance on the tube was as shocking as it was varied.

In this TVLine feature, we provide you with the latest developments in the lives of TV’s hottest duos — and then offer our exclusive forecast for each pairing.

RELATED | Exclusive Glee Video: Chris Colfer, Darren Criss, Adam Lambert Get ‘Felt Up’ in Puppet Promo

Don’t see your favorite love match represented here? Give ‘em a shout out below; you never know, they might make the next go-around.

And with that said, this ‘ship is about to set sail, so click through the gallery below and hop aboard!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: 'Ship Shape, Photo Gallery

1. Apples says:

Caskett are a shipper’s heaven this season.
    Deeks/Kensi had the worst “hook-up” of a couple teased with UST since Bones told us about it the morning after. The fade to black was post-dinner was, ahem, anticlimactic.

2. Me says:

I can’t believe how much chemistry Rachel and Sam share. It’s crazy! Plus, does anybody still watch B&TB!?

3. Ana Rubio says:

“and we get the view of Stana and Nathan in bathing suits that we richly deserve” hahaha yes please
    I’m over the moon with Caskett =)

I love Kensi and Deeks, I hope that they having to be apart won’t be a break up

4. Amy Hartmon says:

Amen on Zoe and Wade! Joel and Lynley are dragging things down this season. Much more chemistry between Zoe and Wade than anyone else on that show.

5. JC says:

Glad Densi was included this week, but I do wonder what happens now. It sounds like Kensi ends up getting transferred (due to Daniella Ruah’s maternity leave) so maybe they get in trouble when Hetty finds out. I will be interested to see how it’s handled going forward. I’m surprised (and a little disappointed) that Olicity wasn’t included this week. Everyone made a fuss over last week, but I found their scenes this week to be more significant for me anyway. I’ve been resistant to shipping them because I felt like there’s a good chance the writers are pulling a Clark/Chloe and have no intention of really putting them together. I still think that, but after watching this last episode I started feeling like I’m going to end up shipping them in spite of myself. That scene after Oliver shot the Count? Yeah.

6. JC says:

Oh also, I did not see the Ward/May thing coming, and I’m not sure what to think about it. I agree though that it will probably never come up again.

• Katherine215 says:

I didn’t either! I actually thought for a second that I was misinterpreting the scene but nope. I don’t know if i’ve noticed any kind of chemistry between them, but I guess we’ll see where that goes, if anywhere.

• TvPeong says:

I kinda like it. Shakes up the predictability of the show a little bit.

7. georgiamadman says:

Was tickled about the Ward/May hookup — it made perfect sense. Probably wasn’t the first and might not be the last. And the kiddie scientists’ pending romance is kinda fun. Nothing says “I love you” like jumping out an airplane.

8. Liz says:

Caroline and Jessie were a joke. They had a few flirtatious moments, two kisses. I would hardly call them a couple. Just last week, Caroline was having loads of sex with Tyler.

• Sara says:

Do we feel like Jesse dying and Caroline being icy cold towards Elena is a hint at something to come with Stefan? Or just coincidence?

• evababy says:

Plus he was a black guy on Vampire Diaries. He was a dead man walking…(well to be fair most people on that show are dead)…but there was NO possibility of a romance.

9. vane says:

I still watch B&TB. It’s a supreme guilty pleasure and completely enjoyable. I love Castle and Beckett. It’s nice to see a show actually follow through on getting the main characters together and having them stay together without cheating the fans like Bones did.

10. Amanda says:

Ummmm….can I get some Darryl/Carol TWD action going? They are just aas much of a couple than Rachel and Sam!!!!! just saying!

11. Kaye Dacus says:

REVOLUTION: Actually, the flashback between Rachel and Miles was to at least 21 years ago . . . six years before the blackout, and the blackout had happened 15 years before the series opened (and at least two years have passed since the series started).

But even with as squicky as it is when I stop and really think about it, I’m kinda shipping Monroe and Charlie at this point.

12. A fan says:

The more I think about it the more I’m for a Samchel fling. He’s too dippy for it to be serious, but it would be really mutually beneficial as a temporary thing. Someone familiar for her that she is comfortable around to help her get past the grief of losing Finn, and someone to help him as he’s starting out in New York in a very risky career who will also keep up his confidence and morale.

Also, is it just me, or has Ward been set up (in one episode or another) as possibly in position to “ship off” with just about every female on SHIELD? In fact, Agent Ma (sp?) was the only one I hadn’t seen anything like that with until last week (when she kinda blew away the competition).

13. Alia says:

Ugh, I do NOT want this Ward/May business to happen.

14. Ianthephoenix says:

No Nick and Jess from New Girl???

15. True Fan of Jim and Taraji says:

Carter and Reese will always be my favorite couple because of the courage of the actors. The writers of Person of Interest did everything possible to deny their love, but the courage of the Great Jim Caviezel said writers….in your face….as he placed an unscripted kiss on the lips of his “fired” co-star before she was shot down like a stray dog in the street. The kiss was so passionate and revealing that writers were forced to include it in the fatal last episode for Taraji P. Henson. The few moments they had will reign eternal, and that is how Person of Interest ended for this former fan who will never watch again.

• DenverDean says:

Taraji P. Henson was not fired.She even went on Letterman the next night to dispel that nasty rumor. She is a big loss for the show, but she even said she didn’t want to spend seven years on a TV series because of Broadway and films. I’m not sure how POI even begins to replace this talented actress/great character. (Plus, Taraji said that we shouldn’t be surprised to see her in future episodes via new flashbacks, etc)

• True Fan of Jim and Taraji says:

Do your research please and learn about how she was told on February 14,2013 she would be written off of the show and her services would no longer be required.

• kel says:

Usually when someone is fired, they don’t tell the actor 7+ months before, they find our right before the episode is shot. I did the research, she only agreed to do 2-3 seasons but left the when up to the writers to decide exactly when. Also fired actors don’t have to say a word in the press, she could have just left and not given any interviews. She gave a lot of them because she loves the show. She just didn’t want to be tied down and wanted to go out with a bang. She has three movies this year so far, so she’s just fine.

• Jan says:

You really don’t know anything. She didn’t only agree to 2-3 seasons. She was told at the beginning the same way all of the actors were that she might not last the entire run. That’s why she had to be told later on that she was being let go. It was a really crappy move on Nolan and the network’s part.

• True Fan of Jim and Taraji says:

The Letterman comments and the video she made were all damage control. The poor woman had to continue working while the writers promoted her replacement, for goodness sake. Are you just ignorant or completely out of touch with reality?

16. Ella says:

I am not even watching Glee anymore, I can’t, but this seems like a terrible, disrespectful idea to me. I hate it. Also, I am so over Zoe and Wade on Hart of Dixie, where I once used to love them. Bring on Wade/Lemon!

17. reenee says:

omg you are soo right you can’t denied the chemistry reese/carter have it was just soo real i cry for dazes this will be unsettling seeing reese going thur the motions i cant understand why thet’re keeping his character always indistress and the writer could denied it neither but they will never admitted.

18. I love this segment, keep it going!!!

19. POI Fan says:

Person of Interest’s Reese and Carter were never a romantic couple. Ever.

• True Fan of Jim and Taraji says:

Please. Go fly your confederate flag. What’s wrong? Can’t stand the idea of miscegenation?
      Jim Caviezel admitted Reese had romantic feelings for Carter at NY Comic Con in October. Read what Nolan and Plageman said about the romantic moment. Like it or not, their romance was canon. Your opinion is your own and you have a right to it, but you are wrong. I am leaving this ignorant discussion. Heaven help humanity.

• POI Fan says:

Who said anything about race? I don’t have any problems with interracial relationships. FYI I don’t live in the US and don’t appreciate your reference to the confederate flag.

• kel says:

They had one moment. That does not a couple make. They only threw the kiss in there because they were killing her off, so they gave the shippers a little something. I didn’t see them as a couple either, but how is that racist? I just don’t like love stories in action shows between main characters. I’m equally, if not more opposed to Reese and Shaw being a couple. POI does not need that nonsense to be interesting.

• POI Fan says:

Exactly. I resent the notion that if you don’t view Reese and Carter as a “couple” you’re a confederate flag waving racist. Henson said in her chat on Youtube that her relationship with Reese was that of friendship and was never going to be a love affair; the kiss was a human moment when they both had their backs to the wall facing death. POI definitely doesn’t need any of that shipping nonsense IMO. I frankly couldn’t care less who people ship.

• kt says:

That’s right!! ONE MOMENT OF SWEETNESS (naughty smiles). The poor man wanted to bleed to death.

He was a darn good friend ;).

Just admit it! The man loved the woman.

Anyway, IMO, this show is not worth watching anymore.

• Jan says:

“They” didn’t throw anything. Jim Caviezel added the kiss because the script was practically begging for it. They were very close friends with a deep bond, but they were also a team, a unit in a way that suggested they could be more. Since he (thought) was about to die, he wanted to let her know that he wanted to be with her, that he’d have liked for them to have had more time to be a couple if it weren’t for other circumstances. So, they were a couple. It wasn’t fully romantic (yet), but it was loving and sweet. I will miss it most as I’ve left watching the show.

• kt says:

Precisely! What they had was deeper than romance. It looked like love to me. That kiss just sealed it. Jim and Taraji really conveyed their emotions brilliantly. Best onscreen couple ever!

20. Rich Abey says:

Oh the Caskett feels! Cutest TV couple in recent years. Love watching them together..especially in yesterday’s baby themed episode.

21. Jane says:

Seriously, when is Hayley and Elijah featuring here?

22. Linda says:

Reese and Carter was the best. I’m glad they made the list.