It's Official: Longmire Renewed for Season 3

Get More: News, Renewals

Longmire Renewed Season 3Some three months after exec producer John Coveny said on Twitter that Longmire would be back for Season 3, A&E has officially renewed the Robert Taylor-fronted drama for another 10-episode run.

PHOTO | Rodeo Girls: Check Out the Eye-Popping Key Art for A&E’s Barrel-Racing Series

Longmire has become one of the most compelling dramas on television with a devoted audience and we are so proud of the show,” A&E GM David McKillop said in announcing the pick-up. “We are thrilled to continue our wonderful partnership with Warner Horizon Television, the production team, and the talented cast and crew led by the exceptional Robert Taylor.”

VIDEO | Bates Motel‘s Vera Farmiga Previews Michael Vartan’s Season 2 Arrival, Hints at Possible Non-Psycho Endgame

Having averaged 3.7 million total viewers during Season 2 (climaxing with a season high of 4.4 mil in its August finale), Longmire stands as A&E’s most-watched original drama series of all time.

Longmire Season 3 should premiere sometime in summer 2014.

Tags: ,

Comments (76)

• YAY!!

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 25, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutly Yay!! Just hope the Duck Dynasty fiasco is resolvd by then, because if not I won’t be watching ANY A&E programing. I love Longmire, but what A&E has done is just plain wrong. Also, I’ll be trying to boycott thier sponsers.

Comment by Lee Simmers – December 19, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really? Wonder what the IQ is of those folks watching Duck Dynasty?

Comment by Russ Leavitt – January 9, 2014 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No comparison between Duck Dynasty and Longmire! Longmire is quality programming. Lots of twists and turns that make you think. Love that show!

Comment by silverappy – January 23, 2014 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Love this show. It has a plot and morals in every episode, not just some rambling about nothing that is of any value. These low cost, reality show, no brainers are only making the producers and the sponsers $$$. What can I say? That is what the majority watches. Duh!!!!!

Comment by Debbie Gorlin – February 8, 2014 08:22 PM PDT
          • Russ…we all like duck danasty because most of the people who watch it is redneck southern country folks who enjoy good clean comedy from people who has moral values I guess you’re a rich stuck up person with no sense of humor and we are educated too!

Comment by peanut barnhill – March 2, 2014 08:11 PM PDT
        • Russ, it has nothing to do with anyone’s IQ, don’t so flippen stupid. It has to do with morals.

Comment by Jaymie Anderson – January 30, 2014 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t know..whats YOUR IQ????? Since it is the NUMBER ONE reality show on cable tv…that must say something about the IQ or morality of those who DO NOT watch it
          Loser

Comment by sarah – February 14, 2014 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • We all are redneck country folks that enjoy good clean comedy you must be a stuck up rich person with no sense of humor don’t knock what you don’t understand

Comment by peanut barnhill – March 2, 2014 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’ll bet most of their IQs, are much higher than yours.

Comment by Jerry Dicks – April 13, 2014 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Boycott A&E.

Comment by carey – December 19, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • great series …. watched season 1 and 2 it Netflix ….looking for more……..

Comment by Mike Clark – January 20, 2014 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You said it. I only wish it would come back sooner. Don’t leave us hangin’ so long. We need some Walt, Henry and Vic, asap!!!!

Comment by LAGirl – March 10, 2014 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • A&E seem to NOT KNOW when Season 3 will start…Seems the Brain trust there is a sandwich short of a picnic …Because if they KNEW they would let us fans Know…I am hoping another network who knows HOW to produce shows will pick it up !!!!

Comment by John Poland – April 5, 2014 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I second that Yay!

Comment by Mr. Sunshine – November 25, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Thank you A&E I love this show!

Comment by Sue – November 25, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank GOD. I was starting to get nervous. My favorite show by far. Can’t wait for next season.

Comment by Dijea (@Dijea) – November 25, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought that it had already been renewed.

I guess not, but was there ever really a serious doubt. I don’t really think so.

I will say I didn’t particularly like the season finale, where everyone on the show was in crisis. A little overblown and much too spread out in my view.

Comment by J.Norman – November 25, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only 10 episodes? Why not 13 like last season? Oh, well. 10 is better then nothing!

Comment by Badpenny – November 25, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not watching because I don’t care for the soap opera love triangle they started with. The writing got a little messed up at the end of last season.

Comment by Maya – November 25, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know. It was a bit off putting. If we’re going to start with shipper wars then tis going to be a problem. Wish they’d just stop.

Comment by Sage – January 20, 2014 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonderful show – my wife and I enjoy it week after week. Robert Taylor has given an iconic performance as Walt- one certainly worthy of recognition by the Emmys. Love seeing Katee Sackhoff in such a different role from Starbuck – she has great range as an actress and I’ve enjoyed it as the mystery behind Vic’s previous life have unfolded – I hope there’s more of that story to be told. Glad the election storyline is over and that Branch is sticking around as a deputy – hoping the romance with Cady continues. Looking forward to next season!

Comment by Luis – November 25, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINALLY! I can now watch the last two episodes of season 2 — they’ve been sitting on my DVR for months.

Comment by Lucy – November 25, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! So glad we aren’t being left with that cliffhanger unresolved.

Comment by writingmyownway – November 25, 2013 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news.

Comment by Brian Sanderson – November 25, 2013 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woot! Very happy news. Now about only a 10 episode run — 13 was too short. How about uppinh the count some?

Comment by Georgia Madman – November 25, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should be happy that it was renewed! Those that liked the Glades more do not get any resolution to that bigger cliffhanger!

Comment by lou – November 25, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch this and The Glades BUT personally would rather have had The Glades renewed over Longmire!

Comment by lou – November 25, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally! Awesome news!

Comment by Lorie – November 25, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have it on good authority from one of the writers that early on in Season 3, Sherriff Longmire acquires the ability to use force lightning.

Comment by R.O.B. – November 25, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! This makes me so happy!!!!

Comment by jennifer – November 25, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show too!! I watched the first season over again on netflix.

Comment by Margie – November 25, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES…I am so happy! I absolutely LOVE Longmire! Season 1 was great but I loved season 2!! Love this show…can’t wait for next summer!

Comment by Rae – November 25, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!!! Thought they would never announce it……was getting worried!

Comment by K. – November 25, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news!!

Comment by Melanie – November 25, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see this happened.

Comment by Keith – November 26, 2013 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good show! Wish they had renewed The Glades too.

Comment by Judy – November 26, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m so thrilled by this! a classmate from high school is the cinematographer on the show, and i love the stunning scenery this show portrays.

Comment by flutiefan – November 26, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad they are renewing this show my husband and I really enjoy longmire

Comment by Shirley P – December 7, 2013 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Likes – Walt’s Girlfriend, Katee and Ferg budding friendship, McRaney as villian and buttinski he steals every scene – so give him more more more. Sackoff’s husband storyline is so thin it’s worn-out already. (Transfer him to Venezuela already). Boring – An indian casino as the big heavy (cliche), Gas Drilling as the big heavy (too PC), Denver detective persona axe-grinding might work for another 2 -3 episodes then it’ll be flat too. At the rate everyone is getting killed the county has like 13 characters left!

Comment by Scott Slinker – December 7, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • its about time they tell us it was renewed I love Longmire Hope it lasts for many many more years.

Comment by Emma Skaggs – December 10, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last two episodes have by far set the level of this show right at the Top, can’t wait for the season 3. It just got real from the fairy tale of daily routine’s characteristic job, every single role is up for a new dimensions, “High & Lows” of life, you’ll really get to know what it actually means. Love it

Comment by Mansoor Ahmed Baig – December 13, 2013 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love longmier best show leave on line up for ever get rid of cowgirl

Comment by randy gross – December 16, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • sorry should have been rodeo girl worst show ever

Comment by randy gross – December 16, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Longmire! Reminds me of the old Gunsmoke, and Palladin. Kicking butt and takin’ names! Glad Branch is seeing the light. BUT would enjoy more Ferb.

Comment by June – December 16, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • read the books by Craig Johnson , they are so much better than the show

Comment by opsmitch kolar (@MitcheeMitch) – December 18, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My husband and I discovered this show by accident and we absolutely love it. Characters are great and it’s entertaining without all the sex and violence many other shows have now. Keep it! Too many good shows get cancelled. Let’s start cancelling some of the stupid reality shows.

Comment by Lori – January 7, 2014 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Longmire. Great cast, great acting. Wish A&E renewed The Glades as well. Two great shows. Cancel some of the ridiculous reality shows.

Comment by Shazza – January 11, 2014 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show!

Comment by Skyking – January 14, 2014 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love it, I love it, I love it ! Wonderful show ! Yes to “Longmire” ! I can’t wait for the next season !

Comment by Nadezda Subenkova – January 17, 2014 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the only shows me & my husband agree on, from the scenery to the drama, love every bit of it! And the truth is it’s so realistic to law in small rural towns! Hits home for us.. LONGMIRE! YAAAAAY CAN’T WAIT!

Comment by Myra – January 20, 2014 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im so happy just wish more shows for new season, also wldnt mind longmire and vic being a couple.

Comment by e.g – January 21, 2014 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If “Longmire” is their most popular original series ever, why has the premiere I expected in January been delayed until the summer?!

Comment by Gary – January 21, 2014 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season 1 premiered first week of June, Season 2 last week of May. One would expect same timeframe for Season 3 launch.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 21, 2014 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent to see that longmire is extended what a great show. Now it’s time to bring the glades back as well

Comment by John – January 24, 2014 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • please please bring the glades back.I love longmire but I would like the glades to come back also.I really enjoyed both of these shows.

Comment by maggie – March 10, 2014 11:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome. Best show EVER!

Comment by Arkman – January 24, 2014 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great characters. Honest reactions to events. No silly talking. Adult thinking. Deep friendships. My favorite show is coming back.

Comment by K L Harris – January 26, 2014 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! I could not imagine that this great series would not be renewed. This is one of the best among a wasteland of sub-par television.shows.

Comment by klewisen70 – January 26, 2014 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Longmire to return,He’s the toughest sheriff since Marshall Dillon, and I like him!!!!

Comment by Vincent – January 26, 2014 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enough western to satisfy a cowboy, modern story lines and a main character (about my age) with integrity. OK A&E update your postings and let us know when to watch the first episode.

Comment by Bill – January 27, 2014 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire and Hell of Wheels….addicted to both. Soooo glad they are both returning.

Comment by Jeanne – February 1, 2014 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good Deal Love the Show Well written and performed

Comment by Dan Kovach – February 1, 2014 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait…………best series on TV….take off the reality shows………….Love some Longmire can’t wait. Hurry up SUMMER……………..

Comment by Judie Gay – February 2, 2014 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great story & characters with depth. So much better than “reality” tv. Can’t wait for the new season & summer!

Comment by Jaybe – February 4, 2014 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SEASON FINALE-AUG. 2013. NEW SEASON NOT STARTING UNTIL SUMMER OF 2014? PEOPLE, THAT IS A YEAR! WE WILL FORGET WHERE THE CLIFF HANGER LEFT US HANGING BY THAT TIME!

Comment by R. DEAN – February 7, 2014 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes, me and my husband love Longmire very much, and I just watch the last episode of season 2 on Netflix yesterday, when Walt went rescue branch on the indian land, and said to myself, well, I miss this one ! now we have to wait until summer….

Comment by sui – February 11, 2014 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to see more episodes with the character of Lucien. Love the relationship between Henry and Walt.

Comment by wa-kohn-re-sa-TAH-ta' (She who extends her paw) – February 14, 2014 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post