It's Official: Longmire Renewed for Season 3

Longmire Renewed Season 3Some three months after exec producer John Coveny said on Twitter that Longmire would be back for Season 3, A&E has officially renewed the Robert Taylor-fronted drama for another 10-episode run.

PHOTO | Rodeo Girls: Check Out the Eye-Popping Key Art for A&E’s Barrel-Racing Series

Longmire has become one of the most compelling dramas on television with a devoted audience and we are so proud of the show,” A&E GM David McKillop said in announcing the pick-up. “We are thrilled to continue our wonderful partnership with Warner Horizon Television, the production team, and the talented cast and crew led by the exceptional Robert Taylor.”

VIDEO | Bates Motel‘s Vera Farmiga Previews Michael Vartan’s Season 2 Arrival, Hints at Possible Non-Psycho Endgame

Having averaged 3.7 million total viewers during Season 2 (climaxing with a season high of 4.4 mil in its August finale), Longmire stands as A&E’s most-watched original drama series of all time.

Longmire Season 3 should premiere sometime in summer 2014.

1. wrstlgirl says:

YAY!!

• Lee Simmers says:

Absolutly Yay!! Just hope the Duck Dynasty fiasco is resolvd by then, because if not I won’t be watching ANY A&E programing. I love Longmire, but what A&E has done is just plain wrong. Also, I’ll be trying to boycott thier sponsers.

• Russ Leavitt says:

Really? Wonder what the IQ is of those folks watching Duck Dynasty?

• silverappy says:

No comparison between Duck Dynasty and Longmire! Longmire is quality programming. Lots of twists and turns that make you think. Love that show!

• Debbie Gorlin says:

Love this show. It has a plot and morals in every episode, not just some rambling about nothing that is of any value. These low cost, reality show, no brainers are only making the producers and the sponsers $$$. What can I say? That is what the majority watches. Duh!!!!!

• Russ…we all like duck danasty because most of the people who watch it is redneck southern country folks who enjoy good clean comedy from people who has moral values I guess you’re a rich stuck up person with no sense of humor and we are educated too!

• Laurel Hawkins says:

Yeah! I agree!

• Russ, it has nothing to do with anyone’s IQ, don’t so flippen stupid. It has to do with morals.

• sarah says:

I don’t know..whats YOUR IQ????? Since it is the NUMBER ONE reality show on cable tv…that must say something about the IQ or morality of those who DO NOT watch it
          Loser

• We all are redneck country folks that enjoy good clean comedy you must be a stuck up rich person with no sense of humor don’t knock what you don’t understand

• Holy cow, what a fuss about someones’ choice of TV shows. I am not a redneck, Southern California girl, I do have a high IQ and still enjoy Duck Dynasty. Longmire is so totally different you are arguing about Apples’ or Grapefruit! Can’t people just watch any show that they enjoy? Don’t understand how it makes a difference what part of this country you were born in or raised in. Really, just watch what you want to watch.

• Jerry Dicks says:

I’ll bet most of their IQs, are much higher than yours.

• Barbara Miner says:

It must be higher than yours! This is a fun FAMILY show to watch where you don’t have to listen to a bunch of garbage language. It is a good breath of funny fresh air. I love both Duck Dynasty and Long mire!!

• carey says:

Boycott A&E.

• Mike Clark says:

great series …. watched season 1 and 2 it Netflix ….looking for more……..

• LAGirl says:

You said it. I only wish it would come back sooner. Don’t leave us hangin’ so long. We need some Walt, Henry and Vic, asap!!!!

• John Poland says:

A&E seem to NOT KNOW when Season 3 will start…Seems the Brain trust there is a sandwich short of a picnic …Because if they KNEW they would let us fans Know…I am hoping another network who knows HOW to produce shows will pick it up !!!!

• I totally agree. Love Longmire for what it represents to me. An honest person who follows the law and sets good example, for younger people, that there are still honest and moral people. It is still just a television show, enjoy if you want, not a cure for Cancer. They are for entertainment.

2. Mr. Sunshine says:

I second that Yay!

3. Sue says:

Yes! Thank you A&E I love this show!

4. Thank GOD. I was starting to get nervous. My favorite show by far. Can’t wait for next season.

5. J.Norman says:

I thought that it had already been renewed.

I guess not, but was there ever really a serious doubt. I don’t really think so.

I will say I didn’t particularly like the season finale, where everyone on the show was in crisis. A little overblown and much too spread out in my view.

6. Badpenny says:

Only 10 episodes? Why not 13 like last season? Oh, well. 10 is better then nothing!

7. Maya says:

Not watching because I don’t care for the soap opera love triangle they started with. The writing got a little messed up at the end of last season.

• Sage says:

I know. It was a bit off putting. If we’re going to start with shipper wars then tis going to be a problem. Wish they’d just stop.

8. Luis says:

Wonderful show – my wife and I enjoy it week after week. Robert Taylor has given an iconic performance as Walt- one certainly worthy of recognition by the Emmys. Love seeing Katee Sackhoff in such a different role from Starbuck – she has great range as an actress and I’ve enjoyed it as the mystery behind Vic’s previous life have unfolded – I hope there’s more of that story to be told. Glad the election storyline is over and that Branch is sticking around as a deputy – hoping the romance with Cady continues. Looking forward to next season!

9. Lucy says:

FINALLY! I can now watch the last two episodes of season 2 — they’ve been sitting on my DVR for months.

10. Yes! So glad we aren’t being left with that cliffhanger unresolved.

11. Georgia Madman says:

Woot! Very happy news. Now about only a 10 episode run — 13 was too short. How about uppinh the count some?

• lou says:

You should be happy that it was renewed! Those that liked the Glades more do not get any resolution to that bigger cliffhanger!

12. lou says:

I watch this and The Glades BUT personally would rather have had The Glades renewed over Longmire!

13. Lorie says:

Finally! Awesome news!

14. R.O.B. says:

I have it on good authority from one of the writers that early on in Season 3, Sherriff Longmire acquires the ability to use force lightning.

15. jennifer says:

Yay! This makes me so happy!!!!

16. Margie says:

I love this show too!! I watched the first season over again on netflix.

17. Rae says:

YES…I am so happy! I absolutely LOVE Longmire! Season 1 was great but I loved season 2!! Love this show…can’t wait for next summer!

18. K. says:

YAY!!!!! Thought they would never announce it……was getting worried!

19. Melanie says:

Great news!!

20. Keith says:

Glad to see this happened.

21. Judy says:

Good show! Wish they had renewed The Glades too.

22. flutiefan says:

i’m so thrilled by this! a classmate from high school is the cinematographer on the show, and i love the stunning scenery this show portrays.

23. Shirley P says:

So glad they are renewing this show my husband and I really enjoy longmire

24. Likes – Walt’s Girlfriend, Katee and Ferg budding friendship, McRaney as villian and buttinski he steals every scene – so give him more more more. Sackoff’s husband storyline is so thin it’s worn-out already. (Transfer him to Venezuela already). Boring – An indian casino as the big heavy (cliche), Gas Drilling as the big heavy (too PC), Denver detective persona axe-grinding might work for another 2 -3 episodes then it’ll be flat too. At the rate everyone is getting killed the county has like 13 characters left!

25. Emma Skaggs says:

its about time they tell us it was renewed I love Longmire Hope it lasts for many many more years.

26. Mansoor Ahmed Baig says:

Last two episodes have by far set the level of this show right at the Top, can’t wait for the season 3. It just got real from the fairy tale of daily routine’s characteristic job, every single role is up for a new dimensions, “High & Lows” of life, you’ll really get to know what it actually means. Love it

27. randy gross says:

love longmier best show leave on line up for ever get rid of cowgirl

28. June says:

Love Longmire! Reminds me of the old Gunsmoke, and Palladin. Kicking butt and takin’ names! Glad Branch is seeing the light. BUT would enjoy more Ferb.

29. read the books by Craig Johnson , they are so much better than the show

30. Lori says:

My husband and I discovered this show by accident and we absolutely love it. Characters are great and it’s entertaining without all the sex and violence many other shows have now. Keep it! Too many good shows get cancelled. Let’s start cancelling some of the stupid reality shows.

31. Shazza says:

Love Longmire. Great cast, great acting. Wish A&E renewed The Glades as well. Two great shows. Cancel some of the ridiculous reality shows.

32. Skyking says:

Great show!

33. Nadezda Subenkova says:

i love it, I love it, I love it ! Wonderful show ! Yes to “Longmire” ! I can’t wait for the next season !

34. Myra says:

One of the only shows me & my husband agree on, from the scenery to the drama, love every bit of it! And the truth is it’s so realistic to law in small rural towns! Hits home for us.. LONGMIRE! YAAAAAY CAN’T WAIT!

35. e.g says:

Im so happy just wish more shows for new season, also wldnt mind longmire and vic being a couple.

36. Gary says:

If “Longmire” is their most popular original series ever, why has the premiere I expected in January been delayed until the summer?!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Season 1 premiered first week of June, Season 2 last week of May. One would expect same timeframe for Season 3 launch.

37. John says:

Excellent to see that longmire is extended what a great show. Now it’s time to bring the glades back as well

• maggie says:

please please bring the glades back.I love longmire but I would like the glades to come back also.I really enjoyed both of these shows.

38. Arkman says:

Awesome. Best show EVER!

39. K L Harris says:

Great characters. Honest reactions to events. No silly talking. Adult thinking. Deep friendships. My favorite show is coming back.

40. klewisen70 says:

Great news! I could not imagine that this great series would not be renewed. This is one of the best among a wasteland of sub-par television.shows.

41. Vincent says:

Can’t wait for Longmire to return,He’s the toughest sheriff since Marshall Dillon, and I like him!!!!

42. Bill says:

Enough western to satisfy a cowboy, modern story lines and a main character (about my age) with integrity. OK A&E update your postings and let us know when to watch the first episode.

43. Jeanne says:

Longmire and Hell of Wheels….addicted to both. Soooo glad they are both returning.

44. Dan Kovach says:

Good Deal Love the Show Well written and performed

45. Judie Gay says:

Can’t wait…………best series on TV….take off the reality shows………….Love some Longmire can’t wait. Hurry up SUMMER……………..

46. Jaybe says:

Great story & characters with depth. So much better than “reality” tv. Can’t wait for the new season & summer!

47. R. DEAN says:

SEASON FINALE-AUG. 2013. NEW SEASON NOT STARTING UNTIL SUMMER OF 2014? PEOPLE, THAT IS A YEAR! WE WILL FORGET WHERE THE CLIFF HANGER LEFT US HANGING BY THAT TIME!

48. sui says:

yes, me and my husband love Longmire very much, and I just watch the last episode of season 2 on Netflix yesterday, when Walt went rescue branch on the indian land, and said to myself, well, I miss this one ! now we have to wait until summer….

49. wa-kohn-re-sa-TAH-ta' (She who extends her paw) says:

Would love to see more episodes with the character of Lucien. Love the relationship between Henry and Walt.