Sleepy Hollow: 9 Teases From This Week's Pivotal Episode (With Scoop From the Series' Stars)

Sleepy Hollow Season 1 SpoilersWe’ve seen this week’s Sleepy Hollow, and it’s a scary game-changer. Wanna know what happens?

Obviously, we’re not going to give away any huge reveals. (Where’s the fun in that?) Instead, we humbly offer a few thoughts to ponder/make you squirm in anticipation of Monday’s episode (Fox, 9/8c).

And here’s the best part: Series leads Nicole Beharie and Tom Mison are on hand to give us an assist.

So whilst you’re whiling away what’s left of the weekend, here’s what to look forward to in “Sanctuary.”

RELATED | ‘Ship Shape: Your Favorite Pairs From Sleepy HollowCastleArrow and Other Shows

• Abbie and Ichabod spend most of the episode in a haunted house. As you might expect, “It’s spooky,” Beharie tells TVLine. “And there’s this really interesting twist to its history that is super-personal for both characters.”

• The abode in question is, in fact, no random ghostly home. The estate at the center of the outing “is very important to Ichabod’s past,” Mison says. “Katrina knows an awful lot about it — and the people who used to live there know an awful lot about Katrina.”

RELATEDSleepy Hollow Exclusive: Ichabod’s Clothes Are Finally Coming Off — But There’s a Twist!

• Speaking of the witch: “You get a lot of Katrina,” Beharie says, previewing Ichabod’s wife’s prominence during the hour. “You start to feel their love.”

• Ichabod makes his thoughts regarding a popular fast-food chain known. (Could he possibly be a fan à la Madame LaLaurie?)

• There’s an interlude involving Jenny, Captain Irving and multiple weapons.

VIDEOSleepy Hollow Stars, EPs Parse Ichabod’s Name for Abbie

• We meet Irving’s wife and daughter, played by Jill Marie Jones (Girlfriends) and Amandla Stenberg (The Hunger Games). One of them is mildly miffed with him, the other is really not pleased with him. (And he thought handling the Mills sisters was tough….)

• Two characters share a drink.

• It’s Thanksgiving, but for one reason in particular, Abbie laments that she and her fellow witness aren’t likely to enjoy the traditional meal.

• We know this last one is vague, but we figure because it’s coming from Mison, you’ll forgive us: “There’s a big revelation for Abbie and Ichabod.” (Note: He is most certainly not wrong.)

Hit the comments with your speculation about Hollow‘s next episode.

1. GeoDiva says:

Love this show!

• Chuck Finley says:

You know, when I first heard about this show I thought it sounded completely stupid and would be a miserable failure. I’m glad I was wrong on both accounts. This show is really interesting and I look forward to it each week. Has a great story. Hope they can keep it up.

• Alyssa says:

Same! I thought the show looked absolutely absurd when I saw the commercials. Turns out it’s a fun show with spooky moments, a crazy mythology/history of its own making, two leads with amazing chemistry, and interesting supporting characters in Jenny, Irving and zombie-Andy.

• Sara says:

It’s so fun because it doesn’t take itself too seriously and the viewers do the same. It’s just such a fun show to watch. Good stuff. :)

• Elaine Smith says:

Sleepy Hollow is my favorite show! It is a bit scary, though. The characters are great and the actors are well-cast. I can’t believe it is not going to be on next week. :( It will make the next two weeks too long.

2. Babybop says:

Excited! I’m interested to see what the “big revelation” is. Maybe they can get Katrina out of limbo?

3. mia says:

“You start to feel their love”? I’m sorry to say this, but this love story has been the show’s biggest blunder. Their love should have been felt long ago.

• jenferner8 says:

I don’t know, there were some SERIOUS sparks in the episode when he first sees/meets her. In fact, it made me rethink the whole “Ichabod and Abby together” idea. Maybe Kimberly just hasn’t quite caught up with it yet. I’m also thinking that until a few episodes ago we really haven’t actually seen much of Katrina, what we knew of her was through Ichabod.

• mia says:

I was unimpressed with their first meeting. I saw no sparks and I was disappointed with the lack of chemistry.

• Laura says:

You and other people who keep putting katrina down, i find that very pathetic. Everyone needs to calm down and give her a chance. All i am seeing and hearing are nothing but hatred about her, how she doesn’t have chemistry with the rest of the cast and she is boring. You want to blame someone for her not being shown on screen lately, blame the writiers. She has nothing to do with her character not having screen time and not having alot of interactions with the rest of the cast. If she had bad chemistry, Tom Mison would have seen it and said somethning to the writers or producers. Gosh, people are so uptight and doesn’t seem to have patients to give a character a try. I like Katrina, unlike the Ichabod and Abbie shippers, and am willing to wait and see what they do with her character in upcoming episodes. I hope the writers give her a hell lot of backstory so everyone would just shut up about it.

• Rosy says:

This is a TV show. No one is “putting Katrina down” and the pathetic-ness is coming from you. Katrina is a character and how she is being writing AND I have to say acted is weak and lackluster at best. Again she is a character on a TV show and her part in the show is just as people are saying. There is no spark with Tom or Crane and it’s easy to see. It has nothing to do with hatred, it has to do with we all are seeing on the shown. Giving her a chance? She’s not a human being, she is a character and a character must have presence and story to be interesting and part of a show. Katrina is not that on this show.

So say that “Ichabod Shippers” hate Katrina and will not give her a chance is silly. The character of Katrina is being written as a plot point to further Crane’s and Abbie’s story and background for Crane. She is not an integral part of the show and thus there are episodes where she’s not on at all. Crane and Abbie are the leads of this show. Their romance or non romance relationship is what is excepted to be “shipped”. For you to be upset about that says more about you personally than anyone “hating Katrina” because they “ship” Crane and Abbie.

4. b says:

Can’t wait!

5. Pat says:

This really is a good show to watch. I wasn’t sure if I was going to enjoy or even watch this, but since the first episode,I got hooked. Cannot wait to see what happens in the haunted house!

6. Katt says:

I thought Irving was single…. Meaning he would get with Jenny….

• kat says:

I thought he and his wife were divorced or separated but I can’t remember for sure now. I’m sure the ep will clarify. I enjoyed his and Jenny’s dynamic last ep, looking forward to more of them whatever type of relationship they do or don’t have.

• mia says:

Divorced or in the process of getting a divorce. It still can happen! *fingers crossed*

7. JP says:

When this show first aired I was hesitant (fox tends to
    Screw things royally… Remember lie to me) but this is a great great show. The cast dynamics are phenomenal.. The re-imagining of American history in a supernatural setting.. Cannot wait for more

• blacklister says:

I’m still so pissed about Lie to Me..it was such a great show..sigh.

• Russell says:

I watch streaming Lie To Me over and over- it never gets old.

And so far Sleepy Hollow is the same way- whether it runs 26 episodes or 126 episodes, I think I will be replaying them for a very long time.

8. Alyssa says:

More Katrina. Oh goody. (Can you feel my sarcasm?) Truly excited to see the spooky haunted house, though.

9. Maryann says:

More Katrina? Fantastic! I like her a lot and would like to see them play the chemistry between her and Ichabod as much as between Ichabod and Abby.

• Rosy says:

What chemistry? There is little to none with Ichabod and Katrina. I just don’t get it. It’s hard to think these two are even friends off scene.

• Laura says:

Rosy, how the hell do you know she is not going to be a central character on the show. Are you and these other Ichabod and Abbie shippers so obsessed with these two being throwing together. Obviously, you cannot see straight. I for one have not notice any romantic interest given by Ichabod for abbie.The man is married and is much in love with his wife. There is no need for him to dump his wife to hook up with another woman, and stay loyal to his wife. All i see is freiend ship with him and abbie nothing else and as for giving her a chance, i am just saying, people need to see how her character will develop down the line in up coming episodes instead of assuming other wise.

• Rosy says:

And how the hell did you get that I stated she (assuming you mean Katrina) wouldn’t be. But since we only see her in visions and flashbacks it’s pretty dang hard to anything other than other than a plot point and background character building for Crane. I don’t ship anything or anyone. I don’t care enough for that. It makes not a bit of difference to me. But Crane being married to technically and legally a dead woman and “in love with his wife” hasn’t stopped not one show from changing that dynamic anytime they get ready. In fact it’s hard to be in a relationship a woman that’s not even part of the world you live in but of course that doesn’t matter, right? Seriously stop making up garbage to justify something that you would never do if the roles were versus.

• Elaine Smith says:

It’s FICTION, people!!! Give it a rest!!!

• Rosy says:

THANK YOU!!! I’ve already said that some many times. But when “this person” attacked me my name, all bets are off. I may or may not reply. This time it was necessary to take her down a peg. Now it is personal.

• Elaine Smith says:

Like I said….It’s FICTION!!!!! I t IS a wonderful and engaging show and I can’t wait until the next episode, but let’s not get so carried away that nasty opinions become personal. OK???

• Rosy says:

You are replying to the wrong person. She made it personal not me. The woman used my name. There is nothing more personal than that, OKAY????

• Just a passerby says:

You can’t play what isn’t there.

• Laura says:

Maryann, so do i. I like Katrina too. I can’t wait to see more of her and her backstory with Ichabod, regardless of what people are saying. I like to see her do some witch stuff and see how she pulls that off. They need to built up there story around her with being a witch.

10. JulieB says:

I love the show but really watch it for Mison’s charismatic performance. Great actor.

11. Tinemi says:

This is definitely one of my favorite shows on TV right now. I watch it on time every week and when it was in hiatus I re-watched the first five. It is so entertaining and well acted.

12. clearhaven says:

Is it me, or do people just want to see characters hook up on tv shows? lol.
    Anyways, I was hoping they would show more of the sin-eater. He would have made a nice addition to the team :D

13. Sasha says:

Shippers are the worst. I like the fact the writers have pretty much stated they aren’t going to change their plans to please them. This isn’t gossip girl or some other teeny bopper show about couples!

I like Katrina and the mystery element to her. Every episode I want to learn more about her cause we learn small facts every episode.

And IMO Katrina and Crane have amazing chemistry. Chemistry is in the eye of the beholder.

14. Nadia says:

First, let me say I love the show and the chemistry among the cast. I think the more we see of Inchabod’s past the more we see that he and Abbie were destined to meet. Now whether they write Inchabod and Abbie as a couple or they remain friends Idon’t really care, I just don’t want the direction of the story to change.
    Secondly, Laura is taking this show to personal, I have not seen enough of Incabod and Katrina together to say that they have alot of chemistry, but I from what I have seen, he appears to be very proper (Stiff shirted), honest, but easy led, and Katrina appears to have a motive, she is all about the mission and I don’t trust her character, she keeps to many secrets. Lastly, I can’t wait to see what else the directors have in store for us.

15. Meg says:

After last nights episode it raised so many questions than answers as far as Katrina is concerned. She has so many secrets, and so far each time she has met Incabod it has always been about the mission. She has of yet to mention anything personal to him. Also, I do not know if other’s noticed but the black crows last night were evil and yet when Incabod first encounter with Katrina in present time it was black crows as well. So, who’s side is she really on anyway?

Furthermore, I would like to see more of Brooks and why he feels that he needs to protect Abbey from Incabod?