Syfy Sets Return Dates for Lost Girl, Being Human, Plus the Premieres of Helix and Bitten

Syfy Premiere Dates 2014Syfy will ring in the new year with more than a half-dozen big premieres — including two returning faves, the launch of Battlestar boss Ronald D. Moore’s Helix and the Stateside debut of Bitten, starring Smallville‘s Laura Vandervoort.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Been Cancelled?

Helix, which follows a team of CDC scientists (led by The 4400‘s Billy Campbell) who travel to a remote high-tech research facility to investigate a possible outbreak, will debut Friday, Jan. 10 at 10/9c, with two episodes.

The cast also includes Kyra Zagorsky (Supernatural), Mark Ghanimé (Emily Owens, M.D.), Jordan Hayes (House at the End of the Street) and Neil Napier (Riddick).

RELATED | Nikita‘s Aaron Stanford Lands Bruce Willis Role in Syfy’s 12 Monkeys

On Monday, Jan. 13 starting at 8pm, Syfy will bust out back-to-back-to-back scripted dramas: Season 4 of Lost Girl, Season 4 of Being Human and then the premiere of Bitten, a Canadian-produced series based on the Women of the Otherworld novels and starring Vandervoort as the lone female werewolf in existence. The Bitten cast also includes Greg Bryk (A History of Violence), Greyston Holt (Alcatraz) and Paul Greene (The Client List).

The following night, Tuesday, Jan. 14, Face Off Season 6 launches at 9 pm.

RELATED | Syfy Enlists Farscape Fave to Host Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge

The new — and live — unscripted competition series Opposite Worlds — in which 14 contestants coexist in a house split into futuristic and old-timey halves — premieres Tuesday, Jan. 21 at 10 pm. And on Wednesday, Jan. 22 at 9, Ghost Hunters returns with fresh episodes.

Comments (41)

• Renew Haven please Syfy!

Comment by enri – November 22, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it’s funny how Eric Balflour (?) has been begging people to watch Haven live for the last few weeks trying to get s5. He went so far as to write a letter and post it telling the “Haven Family” how awesome they were and please, please retweet and watch it live. Screams off desperation. Besides I don’t think it really matters unless you have a Nielsen box, does it? Don’t get me wrong I like Haven but he’s really embarrassing himself in my opinion.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 22, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What? He isn’t the first and he won’t be the last person to advocate for his show on Twitter. I am not sure what part of that makes you uncomfortable.

SyFy seems to cut shows off after 5 seasons for some reason, so I’m not surprised the cast members are making some noise.

Comment by Brooke – November 22, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m sure he isn’t the first or the last to do this I just think it’s funny and comes across as desperate. Never said it made me feel uncomfortable.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 22, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Of course others have told their fans to watch the show live, but nowhere near this amount of desperation. The only one that comes even close to this is when Oprah begged people to watch the shows on her network.

Comment by Wray – November 22, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I swear the guy has tweeted at least five times today telling people they must watch live to get them to s5. I like Haven and want it renewed but every time I pull up my twitter feed there he is begging people to watch. Clearly they are afraid it’s not gonna happen. It’s kinda sad really.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 22, 2013 03:06 PM PDT
          • Well, this is the latest they’ve ever had to wait for a decision, so maybe they’re thinking it’s not going to happen. Last year they got the 4th season renewal on November 9. And Syfy is terrible about cutting their shows off. With most recently what happened with Eureka and Warehouse 13, I don’t blame them for being worried.

Comment by JC – November 24, 2013 08:20 AM PDT
    • I think it is pretty safe for a syfy renewal. They can at least get two or three more seasons out of it.

Comment by Ashbash – November 22, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s what I think too but this big push by the actors makes me think there’s an issue they are worried about.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 22, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’d be worried too since Syfy is a fan of cutting scripted shows despite how passionate a fan base and steady ratings.

Comment by Cassandra – November 22, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I doubt that. To the best of my knowledge, Syfy has never yet given any of its shows more than five seasons. Well, dramas anyway. Their reality stuff, like Ghosthunters, does run longer.

Comment by JC – November 22, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dominion?

Comment by Michael Sacal – November 22, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DOMINION, not starring Star Trek‘s Karl Urban, is just in the pilot stage.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – November 22, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited for Bitten. I was leery about it but after seeing the trailer it looks really good!

Comment by dude – November 22, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the update now if I can only remember all this come January :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 22, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhh Lost Girl, can’t wait :)

Comment by Ayannali – November 22, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I live in the U.S. and am already watching Lost Girl and it’s definitely an awesome season! First episode is Kah-Ray-Zee!!!!

Comment by Lost Fan addict – November 22, 2013 10:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me either. I feel like ive been waiting forever for it to come back on.

Comment by Tanisha – January 13, 2014 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooray for Helix, and a second science fiction show joining Continuum on SyFy!!

Comment by @heather_kaye – November 22, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When does Continuum return?

Comment by l – November 22, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They just started filming the third season of Continuum a couple of days ago (Nov 20), so it isn’t due to be aired until at least March of 2014.

Comment by Ross Cooper – November 22, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Being Human!! Last season was its best yet.

Comment by iMember – November 22, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree, I love Being Human.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 22, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed, I feel like last season was when they really set themselves apart from the BBC version (which I also loved)…all the characters had good storylines last year, with Sally’s being particularly strong

Comment by Allen – November 22, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The show is really something to look forward to. Great cast. Strong writing. And it’s really well shot too, which is important.

There’s this constant debate over which Being Human is better and while I think the US show is a better series, it’s really hard to compare the two. The tone of each show is really different, with the UK going a little bit more goofy at times while the US version is pretty serious. They’re just two different shows which happen to have similar concepts.

Comment by Drew – November 22, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lost Girl is already back in Canada!!!!! Sooo good!!

Comment by Jj – November 22, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tamsin is still around,woo!Bitten and Being Human,woo!

Comment by Shaun – November 22, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The one show that should not come back is Ghost Hunters. This show use to be good years ago, now it is downright awful. Also, I too hope that SYFY does not cancel Haven.

Comment by Pat – November 22, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • haven and being human a plus

Comment by debbie – November 22, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see Being Human’s new season and I’ll check out Bitten since Laura stars in show.

Comment by Joey – November 22, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a fan of Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Underworld series and whilst I love the casting of Elena I remain hesitant to get too excited about Bitten. In my heart I remember The Dresden Files and cringe. Fingers crossed they get it right.

Comment by Raven – November 23, 2013 04:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bitten picks up my interest.

Comment by lilu – November 23, 2013 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show Lost Girl, I think it would be a mistake to not renew it for another season

Comment by Lisa Rogers – November 27, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lost girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! January hurry up!!!

Comment by destiny – December 9, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I see nothing wrong with him advocating fir his job! And anyway I think they should get rid of ratings completely.

Comment by William Clarke – December 14, 2013 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • List girl is a HUGE hit on its home network in Canada it just hasn’t hit mainstream as much down here yet but with the ratings so huge in Canada it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. Which of course is fantastic.

Comment by Victoria – January 13, 2014 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish Lost girl would hit main stream TV. It’s a fantastic show. I honestly don’t know how more people in the US don’t know about it

Comment by Lisa Rogers – January 13, 2014 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Lost Girl,it’s my favorite show,found it on net flix and I’m at the end of the third season and I want to see more. Glad to see there is going to be a forth season just have to find a way to see it. I love all the characters on there.

Comment by C.C. Drettwan – March 12, 2014 01:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bitten is my fave i just hope it will be renewed for season 2 nobody seems to know whats going on with it but i found it a real good series so hopefully will be renewed for season 2!!!

Comment by Stephanie Pallas – April 6, 2014 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post