Syfy Sets Return Dates for Lost Girl, Being Human, Plus the Premieres of Helix and Bitten

Syfy Premiere Dates 2014Syfy will ring in the new year with more than a half-dozen big premieres — including two returning faves, the launch of Battlestar boss Ronald D. Moore’s Helix and the Stateside debut of Bitten, starring Smallville‘s Laura Vandervoort.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Been Cancelled?

Helix, which follows a team of CDC scientists (led by The 4400‘s Billy Campbell) who travel to a remote high-tech research facility to investigate a possible outbreak, will debut Friday, Jan. 10 at 10/9c, with two episodes.

The cast also includes Kyra Zagorsky (Supernatural), Mark Ghanimé (Emily Owens, M.D.), Jordan Hayes (House at the End of the Street) and Neil Napier (Riddick).

RELATED | Nikita‘s Aaron Stanford Lands Bruce Willis Role in Syfy’s 12 Monkeys

On Monday, Jan. 13 starting at 8pm, Syfy will bust out back-to-back-to-back scripted dramas: Season 4 of Lost Girl, Season 4 of Being Human and then the premiere of Bitten, a Canadian-produced series based on the Women of the Otherworld novels and starring Vandervoort as the lone female werewolf in existence. The Bitten cast also includes Greg Bryk (A History of Violence), Greyston Holt (Alcatraz) and Paul Greene (The Client List).

The following night, Tuesday, Jan. 14, Face Off Season 6 launches at 9 pm.

RELATED | Syfy Enlists Farscape Fave to Host Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge

The new — and live — unscripted competition series Opposite Worlds — in which 14 contestants coexist in a house split into futuristic and old-timey halves — premieres Tuesday, Jan. 21 at 10 pm. And on Wednesday, Jan. 22 at 9, Ghost Hunters returns with fresh episodes.

1. enri says:

Renew Haven please Syfy!

• wrstlgirl says:

I think it’s funny how Eric Balflour (?) has been begging people to watch Haven live for the last few weeks trying to get s5. He went so far as to write a letter and post it telling the “Haven Family” how awesome they were and please, please retweet and watch it live. Screams off desperation. Besides I don’t think it really matters unless you have a Nielsen box, does it? Don’t get me wrong I like Haven but he’s really embarrassing himself in my opinion.

• Brooke says:

What? He isn’t the first and he won’t be the last person to advocate for his show on Twitter. I am not sure what part of that makes you uncomfortable.

SyFy seems to cut shows off after 5 seasons for some reason, so I’m not surprised the cast members are making some noise.

• wrstlgirl says:

I’m sure he isn’t the first or the last to do this I just think it’s funny and comes across as desperate. Never said it made me feel uncomfortable.

• hope says:

I love haven and never want it end though one day it will just hopefully no time soon as I am severely addicted . all hail haven!!!!!!!s

• Wray says:

Of course others have told their fans to watch the show live, but nowhere near this amount of desperation. The only one that comes even close to this is when Oprah begged people to watch the shows on her network.

• wrstlgirl says:

I swear the guy has tweeted at least five times today telling people they must watch live to get them to s5. I like Haven and want it renewed but every time I pull up my twitter feed there he is begging people to watch. Clearly they are afraid it’s not gonna happen. It’s kinda sad really.

• JC says:

Well, this is the latest they’ve ever had to wait for a decision, so maybe they’re thinking it’s not going to happen. Last year they got the 4th season renewal on November 9. And Syfy is terrible about cutting their shows off. With most recently what happened with Eureka and Warehouse 13, I don’t blame them for being worried.

• Ashbash says:

I think it is pretty safe for a syfy renewal. They can at least get two or three more seasons out of it.

• wrstlgirl says:

That’s what I think too but this big push by the actors makes me think there’s an issue they are worried about.

• Cassandra says:

I’d be worried too since Syfy is a fan of cutting scripted shows despite how passionate a fan base and steady ratings.

• JC says:

I doubt that. To the best of my knowledge, Syfy has never yet given any of its shows more than five seasons. Well, dramas anyway. Their reality stuff, like Ghosthunters, does run longer.

2. dude says:

I’m excited for Bitten. I was leery about it but after seeing the trailer it looks really good!

3. wrstlgirl says:

Thanks for the update now if I can only remember all this come January :-)

4. Ayannali says:

Ahhh Lost Girl, can’t wait :)

5. @heather_kaye says:

Hooray for Helix, and a second science fiction show joining Continuum on SyFy!!

6. l says:

When does Continuum return?

• Ross Cooper says:

They just started filming the third season of Continuum a couple of days ago (Nov 20), so it isn’t due to be aired until at least March of 2014.

7. iMember says:

Yay Being Human!! Last season was its best yet.

• wrstlgirl says:

Totally agree, I love Being Human.

• Allen says:

Agreed, I feel like last season was when they really set themselves apart from the BBC version (which I also loved)…all the characters had good storylines last year, with Sally’s being particularly strong

• Drew says:

The show is really something to look forward to. Great cast. Strong writing. And it’s really well shot too, which is important.

There’s this constant debate over which Being Human is better and while I think the US show is a better series, it’s really hard to compare the two. The tone of each show is really different, with the UK going a little bit more goofy at times while the US version is pretty serious. They’re just two different shows which happen to have similar concepts.

8. Jj says:

Lost Girl is already back in Canada!!!!! Sooo good!!

9. Pat says:

The one show that should not come back is Ghost Hunters. This show use to be good years ago, now it is downright awful. Also, I too hope that SYFY does not cancel Haven.

10. debbie says:

haven and being human a plus

11. Joey says:

I can’t wait to see Being Human’s new season and I’ll check out Bitten since Laura stars in show.

12. Raven says:

I am a fan of Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Underworld series and whilst I love the casting of Elena I remain hesitant to get too excited about Bitten. In my heart I remember The Dresden Files and cringe. Fingers crossed they get it right.

13. lilu says:

Bitten picks up my interest.

14. Lisa Rogers says:

Love the show Lost Girl, I think it would be a mistake to not renew it for another season

15. destiny says:

Lost girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! January hurry up!!!

16. William Clarke says:

I see nothing wrong with him advocating fir his job! And anyway I think they should get rid of ratings completely.

17. Victoria says:

List girl is a HUGE hit on its home network in Canada it just hasn’t hit mainstream as much down here yet but with the ratings so huge in Canada it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. Which of course is fantastic.

18. C.C. Drettwan says:

I love Lost Girl,it’s my favorite show,found it on net flix and I’m at the end of the third season and I want to see more. Glad to see there is going to be a forth season just have to find a way to see it. I love all the characters on there.

19. Bitten is my fave i just hope it will be renewed for season 2 nobody seems to know whats going on with it but i found it a real good series so hopefully will be renewed for season 2!!!

20. keith says:

Thanks guys for the heads up…me n the girlfriend loved Dracula and watching Believe (season 1)and Revolution(season 2) at the moment here in the UK but cannot now see the point of continuing….seriously guys when are you lot gonna wise up…the world is fed up of moronic reality tv shows…or is this how you control the masses by using public humiliation(the same way the Romans did 2K years ago)

21. mary says:

why hasnt being human or bitten came back on yet