Pilot Scoop: Alums of Grey's, Leverage, Gossip Girl Join Jason O'Mara in USA's Complications

blog_threeway_11.22.13_v2Four TV vets are entering the tangled web that is Complications, USA Network’s gritty medical drama pilot starring Vegas‘ Jason O’Mara, TVLine has confirmed.

Joining the project (from Burn Notice creator Matt Nix) as series regulars are Jessica Szohr (Gossip Girl), Beth Riesgraf (Leverage), Lauren Stamile (Grey’s Anatomy) and Demetrius Grosse (Banshee).

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

Complications centers around O’Mara’s John Ellis, a disillusioned suburban ER doctor who finds his existence transformed when he intervenes in a drive-by shooting, saving a young boy’s life and killing one of his attackers. When he learns the boy is still marked for death he finds himself compelled to save him at any cost and discovers that his life and his outlook on medicine may never be the same.

Szhor plays whip-smart ER nurse Gretchen, Riesgraf is Ellis’ lawyer-wife Samantha, Stamile (who worked with Nix on Burn Notice) portrays cranky MD Bridget, and Grosse co-stars as Ellis’ colleague and closest confidante Dan.

Note to Banshee fans: Don’t assume Grosse’s new gig means that Deputy Yawners’ days on the Cinemax thriller are ending. Sources confirm the actor can juggle both projects if need be.

1. F.R. says:

What about the secret pilot from the blind item? the famous actor? was it Sons of Anarchy, or is it yet to happen? WE ALL WANT TO KNOW!

2. Alan says:

its a usa show created by matt nix and starring beth reisgraf, its like they designed this show specifically to appeal to me.

3. Jack says:

“Cranky MD?” Is that really the best character description they could come up with?

4. Sarah says:

Love Beth Riesgraf!!!!! She was awesome on Leverage, can’t wait to see her new show!

• april-ann says:

Someone recommended Leverage to me and I am starting to like her. I almost never and I really mean ALMOST NEVER allow an actor’s personal life interfere with my enjoyment of any show but with her I really have to try to forget she named her child Pilot Inspektor.

• Jenna says:

Really? That’s awesome! Love O’Mara and Riesgraf, and will most definitely tune into this.

• HAP says:

The blame should fall to Jason Lee.

• april-ann says:

LOL probably. But both are to blame for that one unfortunately. I have trouble taking either one of them seriously. How can I when they obviously couldn’t take something as important as the naming of a child seriously. Maybe they take their acting seriously, which would make me disrespect them even more for turning the naming of an innocent, defenceless baby into a joke.

• Mary says:

Parker was my favorite character on Leverage so I’m interested to check out this new drama.

5. Andrea says:

Didn’t like Lauren Stamile on Burn Notice, but Beth Riesgraf and Jason O’Mara? For them, I shall give this show a look.

6. april-ann says:

Jessica Szohr is stunning. Love her, HATE what they did to her character (Vanessa) on GG (but that got to be such a bad show by the end that maybe it was good she was gone).

7. Quinn Mallory says:

Don’t really like medical drama but love all the actors involved (don’t know anything about Grosse). Will likely check this out.

8. kenara says:

I have to agree. It';s nice to see Beth Riesgraf in a new series. But, I’m having doubts about this “I’m now a lawyer” gig.

9. Kyle C. says:

Yes! Szohr and Risegraf! Great castings.

10. Sheila says:

Will O’Mara be playing an American? Would be nice to hear his natural accent for a change.

11. Andrea says:

If Paige Turco’s pilot doesn’t work out (or she doesn’t return to POI which would be my first choice), I’d love to see her on guest on this. Sure, it’s stunt casting since she’s married to Jason, but I don’t care. Paige Turco AND Beth Riesgraf in the same show, even just for one episode? Awesome!