TVLine Items: American Horror Story Season 4 Scoop, Leah Remini Joins The Exes and More

American Horror Story CovenWhile American Horror Story continues to conjure up scares with Coven, details about its just-ordered fourth chapter have already begun to surface.

The Season 4 story will not be a “contemporary” tale like a majority of the current run, co-creator and executive producer Ryan Murphy reveals to EW.com — however it may stay take place in a similar location. “It’s either going to shoot in New Orleans or it’s going to shoot in Santa Fe.”

PHOTOS | American Horror Story Season 4 (and Beyond): 7 Possible, Mostly Plausible Premises

As has become Horror Story tradition, clues about the new season will soon turn up in Coven — specifically in Episode 11. Any early guesses? Hit the comments!

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Leah Remini, who this week was eliminated from Dancing With the Stars, has landed a recurring role on TV Land’s The Exes. She joins the comedy as Stuart’s sister Nicki, who is described as a “tough-talking, no-nonsense” Staten Islander whose 17-year marriage just ended. The Exes returns with new episodes on Dec. 11.

RELATED | Dancing With the Stars Week 10 Results: Did The Right Couple Go Home?

• Comedy Central has given a pilot order to TCGS, a live, interactive, call-in show based on New York’s public access program The Chris Gethard Show. Per Deadline, the project will blend talk, variety and game show elements.

• Hugh Jackman has been tapped to host TNT’s annual holiday special Christmas in Washington. The event will be taped on Dec. 15 and is scheduled to air Dec. 20.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Pilots, Reality TV, TVLine Items

1. Kris says:

I would really love AHS to do a summer camp slasher season. They could do so much with it.

2. Scott Brecht says:

Maybe the carnical theme? New Orleans or Sante Fe, not sure if there is much of a connection between the two. I agree with most, a camp/slasher season would be cool. Also, a H.H. Holmes style season would be awesome.

3. josten88 says:

I would like to see a season about a crazy town or neighborhood that has something to do with other dimensions or Monsters!!! I want some kind of Monsters!

4. fatalsin says:

I was hoping for Alcatraz or haunted hotels in Hollywood… imagine the guest stars we could have if it was classic Hollywood haunting around like the roosevelt

5. Daniel says:

Thanx for the DWTS spoiler. Haven’t watched this weeks episode yet, but now i know what happend.

• Louie says:

It happened 4 days ago… keep up

• Britta Unfiltered says:

I’m impressed you could go four days without a spoiler. I’ve often got DWTS spoiled for me before the episode even has a chance to finish airing in my mountain standard time zone. And to be fair, I’ve accidentally spoiled it for friends in the Pacific time zone before too, so I can’t really be mad when it happens to me. The only currently running shows I would go ballistic over if they got spoiled for me are Homeland, Game of Thrones, and Walking Dead. So you can bet I watch those as close to live as I possibly can and stay offline until I’m done with them. The point is, if you wait four days to watch a show, you can’t really get mad if they get spoiled for you. It’s sort of your own fault for waiting.

6. Jared says:

I want AHS to do a carnival/circus season so bad its not even funny! But I too am on board with the idea of a summer camp/slasher theme. That would be fun.

7. Igo says:

Did they hint something about coven in the asylum back then? Because I didn’t realize that they hint anything about witches in the previous season.

8. Britta Unfiltered says:

If they are going to film in New Mexico or Louisiana, it sounds like all they really want out of those locations is just to get the tax credits those states offer to the film industry. It’s not really a creative decision. But I guess that doesn’t really matter, and will give them more money in the budget to spend on production, so that’s good.

9. Singingal says:

It could still be a old west/cowboy season. I have my fingers crossed!

10. dee123 says:

I’ve always wanted AHS to do a cult storyline.

11. Nelson says:

AHS Season 4 should be a MONDERN DAY HOLOCAUST….Nazis travel to the present day with ALIEN TECHNOLOGY and take over the world

OR Alien Bodysnatchers set in a school

12. MLO says:

I must be pretty ‘clueless’ because I’ve never picked up on clues to the next season in 1 or 2. Is there a site that outlines them?

• Samantha says:

In season 1, the hint was thrown out there when Vivien went to the mental ward, Season 2 the hint was thrown out there throughout the season with songs playing like “I put a Spell On You” and “Love Potion #9″ and the reference to witches was there all season. Also during Jude’s musical hallucination shows Lana’s shoes changing from the Asylum shoes to ruby slippers, referencing Wizard of Oz and therefore witches. :-) Can’t wait to see what is in store for Season 4!!

13. Dan H says:

I like the New Mexico setting. Could tie into desert-oriented stories, like someone mentioned Area 51 (although we already had aliens last season), but also chupacabra, coyotes, maybe some Native American legends.

14. Stacy says:

If it’s in N.O. then it has GOT to be vampires – which I would adore, but unfortunately the vampire thing has been way overdone. Santa Fe could host a cool Pueblo/historic theme with a horror twist about human sacrifice and the Annunaki. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the carnival idea. Dunno if any of you saw that show called Carnival, but it was BADASS. Would be a great topic.

• Rocco says:

It won’t be vampires. Sorry to break the news, but Murphy and Falchuk have stated in the past that they would never do a season about vampires or werewolves.

15. tim says:

Ok this is why the film industry sucks..reading talks ideas are painful for me…no originality whatsoever oooh camp slasher..well thats just friday the 13th again dont need that or Freddy or Michael Myers. We need something new not anything already over done.

16. James says:

I’d like a season based on urban legends (kind of like the film of the same name did)

17. Mike says:

I was hoping for a period prison season… maybe something in the late 40’s early 50’s. We’ve had a very woman centric season with Coven, a guy centric season in a mob run, haunted and corrupt prison with Cromwell, Quinto, Peters & McDermott would be awesome.

18. dawn says:

I would love love love a season to be about the Circus, its all just so creepy ! I love it!

19. Torrian says:

Spoiler Alert apparently it is a Circus Theme, but from the 50’s or 60’s . Basically it’s going to be centered around how even clowns and circuses can be, eeeepp excited!!