TVLine Items: American Horror Story Season 4 Scoop, Leah Remini Joins The Exes and More

American Horror Story CovenWhile American Horror Story continues to conjure up scares with Coven, details about its just-ordered fourth chapter have already begun to surface.

The Season 4 story will not be a “contemporary” tale like a majority of the current run, co-creator and executive producer Ryan Murphy reveals to EW.com — however it may stay take place in a similar location. “It’s either going to shoot in New Orleans or it’s going to shoot in Santa Fe.”

PHOTOS | American Horror Story Season 4 (and Beyond): 7 Possible, Mostly Plausible Premises

As has become Horror Story tradition, clues about the new season will soon turn up in Coven — specifically in Episode 11. Any early guesses? Hit the comments!

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Leah Remini, who this week was eliminated from Dancing With the Stars, has landed a recurring role on TV Land’s The Exes. She joins the comedy as Stuart’s sister Nicki, who is described as a “tough-talking, no-nonsense” Staten Islander whose 17-year marriage just ended. The Exes returns with new episodes on Dec. 11.

RELATED | Dancing With the Stars Week 10 Results: Did The Right Couple Go Home?

• Comedy Central has given a pilot order to TCGS, a live, interactive, call-in show based on New York’s public access program The Chris Gethard Show. Per Deadline, the project will blend talk, variety and game show elements.

• Hugh Jackman has been tapped to host TNT’s annual holiday special Christmas in Washington. The event will be taped on Dec. 15 and is scheduled to air Dec. 20.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (31)

• I would really love AHS to do a summer camp slasher season. They could do so much with it.

Comment by Kris – November 21, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that is a very inspired idea!

Comment by scorpo – November 21, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That sounds pretty lame, no offense.

Comment by ecksjae – December 23, 2013 04:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe the carnical theme? New Orleans or Sante Fe, not sure if there is much of a connection between the two. I agree with most, a camp/slasher season would be cool. Also, a H.H. Holmes style season would be awesome.

Comment by Scott Brecht – November 21, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to see a season about a crazy town or neighborhood that has something to do with other dimensions or Monsters!!! I want some kind of Monsters!

Comment by josten88 – November 21, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • or a Virus!

Comment by josten88 – November 21, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping for Alcatraz or haunted hotels in Hollywood… imagine the guest stars we could have if it was classic Hollywood haunting around like the roosevelt

Comment by fatalsin – November 21, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like the Haunted Hotel Idea, that would be good!

Comment by josten88 – November 21, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanx for the DWTS spoiler. Haven’t watched this weeks episode yet, but now i know what happend.

Comment by Daniel – November 21, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It happened 4 days ago… keep up

Comment by Louie – November 21, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m impressed you could go four days without a spoiler. I’ve often got DWTS spoiled for me before the episode even has a chance to finish airing in my mountain standard time zone. And to be fair, I’ve accidentally spoiled it for friends in the Pacific time zone before too, so I can’t really be mad when it happens to me. The only currently running shows I would go ballistic over if they got spoiled for me are Homeland, Game of Thrones, and Walking Dead. So you can bet I watch those as close to live as I possibly can and stay offline until I’m done with them. The point is, if you wait four days to watch a show, you can’t really get mad if they get spoiled for you. It’s sort of your own fault for waiting.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 21, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want AHS to do a carnival/circus season so bad its not even funny! But I too am on board with the idea of a summer camp/slasher theme. That would be fun.

Comment by Jared – November 21, 2013 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did they hint something about coven in the asylum back then? Because I didn’t realize that they hint anything about witches in the previous season.

Comment by Igo – November 21, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There was a song that Jessica Lange was dancing to on the jukebox, it was I Put a Spell on You.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 21, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they are going to film in New Mexico or Louisiana, it sounds like all they really want out of those locations is just to get the tax credits those states offer to the film industry. It’s not really a creative decision. But I guess that doesn’t really matter, and will give them more money in the budget to spend on production, so that’s good.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 21, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It could still be a old west/cowboy season. I have my fingers crossed!

Comment by Singingal – November 21, 2013 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve always wanted AHS to do a cult storyline.

Comment by dee123 – November 22, 2013 03:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AHS Season 4 should be a MONDERN DAY HOLOCAUST….Nazis travel to the present day with ALIEN TECHNOLOGY and take over the world

OR Alien Bodysnatchers set in a school

Comment by Nelson – November 22, 2013 04:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Body Snatchers in a school… you want a Faculty remake, then…

Comment by Marco – November 22, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Like ur idea goes with my idea I want to see something crazy like a quantum leap time traveling serial killer

Comment by Paula – December 4, 2013 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I must be pretty ‘clueless’ because I’ve never picked up on clues to the next season in 1 or 2. Is there a site that outlines them?

Comment by MLO – November 22, 2013 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In season 1, the hint was thrown out there when Vivien went to the mental ward, Season 2 the hint was thrown out there throughout the season with songs playing like “I put a Spell On You” and “Love Potion #9″ and the reference to witches was there all season. Also during Jude’s musical hallucination shows Lana’s shoes changing from the Asylum shoes to ruby slippers, referencing Wizard of Oz and therefore witches. :-) Can’t wait to see what is in store for Season 4!!

Comment by Samantha – January 3, 2014 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the New Mexico setting. Could tie into desert-oriented stories, like someone mentioned Area 51 (although we already had aliens last season), but also chupacabra, coyotes, maybe some Native American legends.

Comment by Dan H – November 22, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it’s in N.O. then it has GOT to be vampires – which I would adore, but unfortunately the vampire thing has been way overdone. Santa Fe could host a cool Pueblo/historic theme with a horror twist about human sacrifice and the Annunaki. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the carnival idea. Dunno if any of you saw that show called Carnival, but it was BADASS. Would be a great topic.

Comment by Stacy – December 5, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It won’t be vampires. Sorry to break the news, but Murphy and Falchuk have stated in the past that they would never do a season about vampires or werewolves.

Comment by Rocco – December 29, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok this is why the film industry sucks..reading talks ideas are painful for me…no originality whatsoever oooh camp slasher..well thats just friday the 13th again dont need that or Freddy or Michael Myers. We need something new not anything already over done.

Comment by tim – December 12, 2013 04:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like a season based on urban legends (kind of like the film of the same name did)

Comment by James – December 28, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping for a period prison season… maybe something in the late 40′s early 50′s. We’ve had a very woman centric season with Coven, a guy centric season in a mob run, haunted and corrupt prison with Cromwell, Quinto, Peters & McDermott would be awesome.

Comment by Mike – January 2, 2014 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • … and Peters would make a great Charlie Starkweather… just sayin’ is all.

Comment by Mike – January 2, 2014 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love love love a season to be about the Circus, its all just so creepy ! I love it!

Comment by dawn – January 13, 2014 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post