Good Wife First Look: Will and Diane Visit the Enemy Camp, Jason O'Mara Cozies Up to Kalinda

CBS’ The Good Wife is setting the stage for a 100th-episode clash of the titans/ex-lovers, and we’ve got a handful of photos setting up the showdown.

But first: In Episode 99, titled “Whack-a-Mole” and airing this Sunday, Alicia tries to hold a website accountable when its commenters get out of hand (imagine!), while Will goes against Diane’s wishes and hires Damian Boyle (Vegas‘ Jason O’Mara), an attorney with ties to organized crime. And somewhere in that hour, Will and Diane have cause to set foot in the Florrick/Agos office for the first time. (What, no housewarming gift?)

Then in the acclaimed drama’s milestone outing, “The Decision Tree,” Alicia learns that the late Matthew Ashbaugh (again played by John Noble, in flashback) bequeathed her millions (I smell premium photocopier paper for the new firm!), but “LG” contests the will. Meanwhile, Damian (silly, silly boy) tries to get Kalinda off his tail — yet in the photos below, he seems quite happy having her close by?

In that can’t-miss 100th episode (airing Dec. 1), “There’s going to be a whole act where [Alicia and Will] use what they know about each other from their love affair in a courtroom battle,” series cocreator Robert King told TVLine. “They’re going to basically undercut each other every step of the way.”

1. Colin says:

So was it ever confirmed that John Noble’s character is NOT Alicia’s father?

• Erin says:

If I remember correctly in one of the episodes with Michael J Fox, Alicia talked about giving the eulogy at her father’s funeral, & it sounded like it was a long time ago.

2. kenara says:

Can’t wait to seer this episode. I’m all giddy. But, the last two episodes haven’t been all that great.

3. Monica4185 says:

Of course LG can’t let Alicia have the millions. They are starting to look pathetic and like obssess lover who can’t let go.

• DL says:

Yeah, I want to see them get schooled and see Alicia’s snarky smile at Will when she gets that money.

• Dani says:

Agreed. Wasn’t Will taking like LG was going to become the biggest thing out there!? Yet he and Diane seem so obsessed with everything FA&A. It’s cool to see Alicia and Cary just doing their thing and focusing on their firm even at times when LG keeps attacking them.

4. Ms Thing says:

TGW is definitely must-see tv!

5. João Amaral says:

I love Alicia, Cary, and Robyn trio. GO TEAM!

6. Steven says:

I cannot wait to see Will and Diane visit Florrick-Agos. That’s going to be fun! The Good Wife is definitely the best show on TV right now.

7. Jason says:

How does Christine Baranski not win the Emmy every single year, based on her expressions alone !? One of the finest actresses working today.

8. Elizabeth says:

I thought I was going to hate this storyline, Alicia and Cary leaving and starting a new firm. It just seemed out of character for Alicia. BUT, I have loved every episode so far since they left. This show has always been excellent, but these last episodes have just been phenomenal. And whoever is writing the music, keep them around!

9. Choco says:

Best season yet.

10. mantua says:

Guest stars like John Noble, Nathan Lane, Jason O’Mara and in the same episode no less…only on ‘The Good Wife’. What a fantastic show ! I also thought I would hate the move but the writers are clearly even more brilliant then I gave them credit for because it revitalized the show like nobody’s business. Five more seasons, please (ok, well, at least one more) !!!

11. mantua says:

By the way, I think we should start that Emmy campaign early. If the season continues to be this brilliant, it should be seriously considered for its first Best Drama Show award.

12. Martin says:

first off, LG sounds thick, Lockhart Gardner sounds much better, whatcha thinkin Will?.

Secondly, it was already my favourite show before this season, but wow this season has been absolutely amazing, Will and Alicia fighting is absolutely brilliant.

13. Viv says:

This is going to be fantastict. Love this season (can´t use the word often enough: Emmy(s)!). BUT, question: what is the deal with Cary-2? Remember this Torchwood episode “Adam”? -.-

14. Laura says:

the best season yet! It’s been amazing and i can’t want to see where is all this leading to !!!
    love tgw, shame that it’s not that popular

15. Ben says:

I have an LG ad in this news. Love it!

And, yes, this season is unbelievable. They really need an Emmy (or maybe 3 or 4).
    And that won’t hurt for its renewal.
    Season 5 can’t be the last one. It’s too good!

16. Will says:

Will & Diane have nothing better to do all day than obsess about Alicia and Cary. What are they going to contest that the money should go to LG? *eye roll*

I wish they’d give Kalinda more to do.. it’s like once they destroyed her relationship with Alicia and then that whole exhusband storyline, she’s been sidelined.

That being said I do love TGW and have thought since S1 that it was one of the best hours of television. This is the only reason I tune into CBS AND I’m in the 18-49 demo… just don’t have a Nielsen box sadly.

• Olive says:

I agree with you on Kalinda. It’s like the show put her character on the bench to punish her for the writesr’s botch up. The writers need to hurry up and figure out what to do with such a great character.

• Shenaz says:

I 100% agree…they should give Kalinda more of a story line!
        She did win the first Emmy for the show as best supporting actress.
        Without her they can’t and yes can’t solve any cases!
        Her and Alicia make a better team than her and Will.
        Give her a bigger role she will bring you better ratings!

17. Tav says:

Alicia and Robyn in a scene, Alicia and the new guy (Jason O’Mara) in a scene, but still no Alicia and Kalinda. But that’s right, I forgot, since Alicia and Kalinda no longer work together it’s inconceivable they should ever cross paths (just ignore that Alicia and the new guy are actually getting face time). Hell, even when Alicia and Kalinda still did work together they never crossed paths, but don’t worry, it’s all for believability…
    Speaking of, I’m so glad another gift wrapped package has fallen into Alicia’s lap. Ashbaugh bequeathed her millions? How convenient, now I guess they can afford to spruce up their new digs. Whew, they sure got lucky!

18. CW says:

Best drama on TV. Love it. Just please give us more Kalinda.

19. Paloma says:

LG sounds more like a dishwasher than a law firm.

20. Belinda says:

I don’t watch this show but Jason O’Mara is awesome. Loved him in Vegas and also Life on Mars.

21. Keela says:

It physically pains me how freakin’ cute Cary is. MORE CARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Ella says:

I’m tired of them pairing Kalinda with everyone under the sun. Cary/Kalinda FTW!!!

23. Maya says:

Is Will and Cary wearing the same suit and tie? Pictures 15 & 16?????

24. kenara says:

I just don’t see LG winning their suit against FA. The reason being is that a law firm doesn’t have the standing to sue another law firm over being bequeathed a financial sum in a will.

25. Mariela Alonzo says:

Solo lamento que no hagan lucir como corresponde a Kalinda!!!

26. James Butler says:

There is no one happier than I that TGW has return to the drama it was meant to be. FA are the exact thing needed to put some excitement back in the show. Will/Aiicia was a distraction that went on much too long during the first 4 seasons. Thanks to the writers for making the show it was meant to be,

27. barbara says:

another great episode luv how alicia has been fiesty her and cary good together hope they kick butt against will and diane. love jasonomara also liked him on life on mars but can see he’s gonna be a thorn in everyones side