Chicago Fire Exclusive: Last Resort's Daisy Betts to Romance Taylor Kinney's Severide in Arc

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Daisy Betts Chicago FireA new flame is heating up Firehouse 51.

Chicago Fire has tapped Last Resort‘s Daisy Betts to join the Season 2 cast as a love interest for Taylor Kinney’s Severide, TVLine has learned exclusively.

VIDEO | First Look: Watch the Trailer for NBC’s Chicago Fire Spin-Off

The Aussie actress will appear in multiple episodes of the NBC procedural as Rebecca Jones, a fire academy candidate who is taking Kelly’s class, Flying Sparks 101 (it’s called that, right?).

In addition to ABC’s ill-fated submarine thriller, Betts’ TV credits include stints on the late NBC dramas Harry’s Law and Persons Unknown.

Comments (21)

• Why cares who Taylor Kinney aka Severide “DOES” on Chicago Fire anymore. It’s someone else almost every week. SO LAME!!!

Comment by Mia – November 19, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, he’s a playboy, that’s what they do :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 19, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, another “love interest” for him is getting quite tedious. Have the writers forgotten there are other great characters on this show? This season seems to revolve around Severide leaving everyone else as bit players in what seems to have become Taylor’s show. Don’t get me wrong, I really like Severide but I don’t want every episode to be mainly about him.

Comment by Stacy – November 19, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think every ep is about Severide. Yes, last weeks was mainly about him saving that little boy but we also had the election, Molly’s Bar under fire, Casey bonding with the boys, Chief Boden trying to save the house. Seems pretty even to me.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 19, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with Stacy. The Severide episode last week was nicely done, but the premise was off. I don’t understand why he didn’t run back to his car, when he found the boy. He couldn’t have been that far away unless he runs marathons. Instead of looking like a hero, the writers made him look somewhat foolish. in my humble opinion , the show really lifts in quality when the Chief is on the screen. Also Jesse Spencer hasn’t been given much to do lately (I am glad that they are wrapping up the Darden boys subplot). I am one if the few who likes Gabby and Casey together, but I wish the writers would save it until the end of the season or next season.

Comment by Kim – November 19, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • My guess he was afraid the boy was going to bleed out.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 19, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yeah he had an arterial bleed, the heart pumps out several liters of blood per minuet. An adult has 4 to 5 liters of blood, this was a kid. There would be no possible way for him to run to car without the kid dying.

Comment by Rook – November 20, 2013 02:53 AM PDT
    • every new show that comes out starts good then bam nothing but orgies and sluts gimmy a break

Comment by eugene dubreuil – December 4, 2013 01:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this show is more of a soap opera surprised it got renewed this year..

Comment by kew – November 19, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Uh…that is why is a DRAMA…It’s not an action adventure show.

Comment by Jake – November 19, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome, I thought she was great on Last Resort.

Comment by Jake – November 19, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m way more interested in Severide’s story than Casey since he’s gonna hook up with boring Gabby. Bleck!! Personally I wish they would just leave firehouse romance out of the picture entirely. It’s nothing but boring drama. Other than that I love the show :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 19, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll take Severide over Casey any day of the week. They all get a centric episode from time to time. Just bc last week was a Kelly centric one doesn’t mean he is taking over the show. His character and relationship with Shay is far more interesting than the rest of the crew.

Comment by Danna – November 19, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with wrstlgirl. Any couple is better then Casey and Dawson. I am NOT looking forward to that, but I know its coming. And I agree with Danna, Shay and Severide’s friendship, or any of the actual friendships, are one of the main reasons I watch.

Comment by sherknd – November 19, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll bet it happens just in time for the winter break. It’s just gonna be stupid because they cannot work together in the same firehouse, just like Dawson and Mills had to hide their relationship. It’s just messy and a waste of time. I’d rather not have to deal with crappy angst of two people pining for each other. It’s bad enough that we’ve had to sit through Gabby pining since day one. They are great friends, just leave it that way for once :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 19, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Daisy Betts hails from? Didn’t she use an American accent when she got the role on ABC’s short lived series Last Resort?

Comment by Tran 2.0 – November 19, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The article says she is from Australia – like Jesse Spencer.

Comment by Kim – November 19, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so want Shay to knock the crap out of Dawson. She is getting a little big for her Paramedic uniform.

Comment by Jake – November 19, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s great news. I love Daisy Betts. I watched her in an Aussie series called Sea Patrol. I also thought she was great in Last Resort.

Comment by bj – November 24, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to see Severide in a normal long term relationship, but does that mean he won’t be living with Shay anymore because I like him living with Shay. Complicated!

Comment by Nancy – December 11, 2013 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will or wont this happen

Comment by Quina – April 3, 2014 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post