Exclusive

Chicago Fire Exclusive: Last Resort's Daisy Betts to Romance Taylor Kinney's Severide in Arc

Daisy Betts Chicago FireA new flame is heating up Firehouse 51.

Chicago Fire has tapped Last Resort‘s Daisy Betts to join the Season 2 cast as a love interest for Taylor Kinney’s Severide, TVLine has learned exclusively.

VIDEO | First Look: Watch the Trailer for NBC’s Chicago Fire Spin-Off

The Aussie actress will appear in multiple episodes of the NBC procedural as Rebecca Jones, a fire academy candidate who is taking Kelly’s class, Flying Sparks 101 (it’s called that, right?).

In addition to ABC’s ill-fated submarine thriller, Betts’ TV credits include stints on the late NBC dramas Harry’s Law and Persons Unknown.

1. Mia says:

Why cares who Taylor Kinney aka Severide “DOES” on Chicago Fire anymore. It’s someone else almost every week. SO LAME!!!

• wrstlgirl says:

LOL, he’s a playboy, that’s what they do :-)

• Stacy says:

I agree, another “love interest” for him is getting quite tedious. Have the writers forgotten there are other great characters on this show? This season seems to revolve around Severide leaving everyone else as bit players in what seems to have become Taylor’s show. Don’t get me wrong, I really like Severide but I don’t want every episode to be mainly about him.

• wrstlgirl says:

I don’t think every ep is about Severide. Yes, last weeks was mainly about him saving that little boy but we also had the election, Molly’s Bar under fire, Casey bonding with the boys, Chief Boden trying to save the house. Seems pretty even to me.

• Kim says:

I agree with Stacy. The Severide episode last week was nicely done, but the premise was off. I don’t understand why he didn’t run back to his car, when he found the boy. He couldn’t have been that far away unless he runs marathons. Instead of looking like a hero, the writers made him look somewhat foolish. in my humble opinion , the show really lifts in quality when the Chief is on the screen. Also Jesse Spencer hasn’t been given much to do lately (I am glad that they are wrapping up the Darden boys subplot). I am one if the few who likes Gabby and Casey together, but I wish the writers would save it until the end of the season or next season.

• wrstlgirl says:

My guess he was afraid the boy was going to bleed out.

• Rook says:

Yeah he had an arterial bleed, the heart pumps out several liters of blood per minuet. An adult has 4 to 5 liters of blood, this was a kid. There would be no possible way for him to run to car without the kid dying.

• eugene dubreuil says:

every new show that comes out starts good then bam nothing but orgies and sluts gimmy a break

2. kew says:

this show is more of a soap opera surprised it got renewed this year..

3. Jake says:

Awesome, I thought she was great on Last Resort.

4. wrstlgirl says:

I’m way more interested in Severide’s story than Casey since he’s gonna hook up with boring Gabby. Bleck!! Personally I wish they would just leave firehouse romance out of the picture entirely. It’s nothing but boring drama. Other than that I love the show :-)

5. Danna says:

I’ll take Severide over Casey any day of the week. They all get a centric episode from time to time. Just bc last week was a Kelly centric one doesn’t mean he is taking over the show. His character and relationship with Shay is far more interesting than the rest of the crew.

6. sherknd says:

I agree with wrstlgirl. Any couple is better then Casey and Dawson. I am NOT looking forward to that, but I know its coming. And I agree with Danna, Shay and Severide’s friendship, or any of the actual friendships, are one of the main reasons I watch.

• wrstlgirl says:

I’ll bet it happens just in time for the winter break. It’s just gonna be stupid because they cannot work together in the same firehouse, just like Dawson and Mills had to hide their relationship. It’s just messy and a waste of time. I’d rather not have to deal with crappy angst of two people pining for each other. It’s bad enough that we’ve had to sit through Gabby pining since day one. They are great friends, just leave it that way for once :-)

7. Tran 2.0 says:

Where is Daisy Betts hails from? Didn’t she use an American accent when she got the role on ABC’s short lived series Last Resort?

8. Jake says:

I so want Shay to knock the crap out of Dawson. She is getting a little big for her Paramedic uniform.

9. bj says:

That’s great news. I love Daisy Betts. I watched her in an Aussie series called Sea Patrol. I also thought she was great in Last Resort.

10. Nancy says:

I’d like to see Severide in a normal long term relationship, but does that mean he won’t be living with Shay anymore because I like him living with Shay. Complicated!

11. Quina says:

Will or wont this happen