Dallas Gets Premiere Date for Split Season 3

Dallas Season 3 Premiere DateTVLine has confirmed that Season 3 of TNT’s Dallas — or at least the first half of it — will premiere on Monday, Feb. 24 at 9/8c, the day before Rizzoli & Isles and Perception return.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Been Cancelled?

TV Guide Magazine first reported the date, along with EP Michael Robin’s promises that, in addition to hook-ups and betrayals, Season 3 will play host to “the biggest Southfork wedding yet!”

VIDEO | In TNT’s Noir Drama Mob City, ‘Nobody Gets Out Alive’

As first unofficially announced by cast member Josh Henderson back in July, Dallas‘ coming run will be split into two halves — an opening run of eight episodes, and then seven more come summer — with each batch serving up its own cliffhanger, showrunner Cynthia Cidre told TVGM.

Cast additions for Season 3 include 90210‘s AnnaLynne McCord (playing a tomboy-ish ranch hand love interest for Jesse Metcalfe’s Christopher) and Camp alum Juan Pablo Di Pace (in the series regular role of self-made billionaire businessman Nicolas Trevino.

Tags: ,

Comments (62)

• So excited!! Less than 100 days away!! So excited!! Love me some John Ross/Pamela!!

Comment by Patricia – November 18, 2013 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They really should recast Pam. The character could add so many storylines and satisfy the fans who feel slighted by last season’s story

Comment by Scott – November 18, 2013 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they would just air the whole thing during the summer. Monday’s are already so full of great programming if I want to watch the first half I’ll have to search for it on repeats.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 18, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Woman, quit bitching, turn off the idiotic shows you do watch, such as the bachelor- and enjoy Dallas!

Comment by honestbuttruthful – April 4, 2014 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thats what Tivo is for!!!!!!!!

Comment by sandy – April 7, 2014 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to the return!

Comment by Amy – November 18, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank GOD it’s coming back to summer. Maybe this can be a nice transition into summer-only Dallas scheduling. Although season 2 was better than season 1, more competition in the winter made it perform so poorly.

Comment by tae munny sass king (@OOHWUH) – November 18, 2013 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Because, AnnaLynne McCord is SO tobmoyish and has the look of a ranch hand…give me a break! Superficial Dallas socialite with a cocaine habit is more in line with her looks and body type.

Comment by Kit – November 18, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • omg yesss

Comment by didi – November 18, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed- but I’m shocked so far she’s playing such a good part……

Comment by honestbuttruthful – April 4, 2014 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “They really should recast Pam.”

No, they should not. That character died eons ago. And there is no good explanation to bring her back. It’s enough that they butchered Cliff’s character beyond recognition, just so they get a story.

Comment by PS – November 18, 2013 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree that they have done a bad job with Cliff but disagree about Pam. Katherine causing the Pam thing is explanation enough. Pam the character could literally carry seasons of story. Simply recast with a new actress

Comment by Scott – November 18, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wow, not even “Pam DIED” can kill of the annoying “bring back Pam” posts!

Comment by NJMark – November 18, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Um, someone likes to be rude for no reason ^

Comment by Scott – November 18, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • In a soap opera world DEAD doesn’t mean DEAD!

Comment by Andy – November 19, 2013 10:41 PM PDT
  • What is the logic of having these cable shows return the same week that the network shows begin their Spring season? I thought the point of cable was to take advantage of the network hiatus to augment their viewership. This way they are in direct competition.

Comment by Babygate – November 18, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God, I hate split seasons.

Comment by didi – November 18, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah Buddy!!!!! Can I vote to kill of the bothersome Elena and what-her-face’s daughter…they are the only two weak links too the show!

Comment by Amanda – November 18, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes please! Talk about Elena’s gross overreaction in the season finale! And that horny psycho Jeez, the thought that someone like her should even be placed in the same orbit as Pamela.

Comment by Marc – November 18, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes that was an overreaction, her character shouldn’t have done that, As for Emma fix her storyline or kill her off,

Comment by Brandon childers – February 7, 2014 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree

Comment by sandy – April 7, 2014 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t. Wait.

Comment by Saabgirlatx – November 18, 2013 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TNT needs more soap opera shows and less crime procedurals. I think this being Winter series is also bad decision should be late spring summer show and run all the way through!!

Comment by DavidSask – November 18, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just can’t wait for it to come back I love Dallas and all its drama it’s not soon enough for me.

Comment by Betty – December 7, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait! Been long time coming. Can’t wait to see how Patrick handles the lead role. And can’t wait to see if bobby and jr kids fall into the same pattern as their dads did. Big shoes to fill.

Comment by Jeanette – December 8, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring Pam back bring ray and Donna back

Comment by Sheri garron – December 23, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re talking about the wrong show hun

Comment by honestbuttruthful – April 4, 2014 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No she’s not. Ray Krebbs and Donna. Ray is the half brother and Donna is his wife.

Comment by Bill – April 12, 2014 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s up with split season’s,there was no split season in the older Dallas it lasted the whole winter season. That’s the way this new Dallas should be as well! Bringing back Pam, would be like bringing back a new J.R. It would ruin the show! Let’s see how this new Dallas will be without J.R. . Hopefully they can make it work with Sue Ellen and John Ross being spitefull enough without J.R.’s presence in the show. I hope they can, because I’d like to see this show work! They really need to stop with the stupid split season crap, this show is to good for all that delay crap. It’s bad enough we only get to see about 38 and 1/2 mins. Out of an hour of a show due to all the commercials!!!!!

Comment by Doug – December 28, 2013 10:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with Doug. Also, I don’t like the fact that I have to wait until feb 24 to see the first episode! I want Dallas NOW!!!!!!!

Comment by Julie – December 29, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Doug- if I could high five you- I would!

Comment by honestbuttruthful – April 4, 2014 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for Dallas to start again, I wish they didn’t have to split season 3, I want to see all the action and betrayal from beginning to end, besides, John Ross is so hot!

Comment by Rhonda – January 7, 2014 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am in UK, but I love Dallas. However to me Dallas was JR and JR was Dallas. I hope it works without him, but I will miss him so much

Comment by Jane Anna Calladine – January 11, 2014 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am a Dallas original fan. I have watched the first two seasons and the season 3 premier. I find that the characters – John Ross and Christopher Ewing have been poorly cast. Yes they are eye for the audience but really, aren’t they a bit too young to have all the business acumen and wisdom of people who run global energy companies. I find these actors are not believable as super moguls. They are too pretty. And the new young women of SouthFork are equally as unbelievable as characters. They look barely out of college yet they possess wiles and business experience usually reserved for older, wiser, experienced folks. I may give up on this show

Comment by John – February 25, 2014 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So not true! John Ross has JR’s motions down so perfectly it is like watching a young JR. Split season? That really stinks.

Comment by JaJ – March 31, 2014 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • RIP JR :(

Comment by honestbuttruthful – April 4, 2014 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ray and Donna were divorced in 1987 and she is married to Senator Dowling. She’s out. But I do agree that bringing Ray Krebbs and Jenna Wade back is a good idea. They were married and living in Europe when the original series ended. As for bringing Pam back – stupid idea. Some things are just better left alone.

Comment by Jerry – January 18, 2014 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here’s how you do it, some woman comes looking for Ray at SF, Bobby called Ray, Ray comes over with Jenna and Lucas, the woman says she is Rays daughter, Donna comes back to retrieve her daughter, also Rays daughter,

I would also like Gary to be in the new dallas a lot more then he was in the old Dallas,

Comment by Brandon childers – February 7, 2014 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The New Dallas is just as good as the first Dallas years ago,I watched it then and love it now…The writers are fabulous..Can’t waite until Feb.season 3…GREAT SHOW !!!!!
    GREAT WRITERS….

Comment by Carol foley – January 21, 2014 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe we have to wait for February for Dallas to return , hurry up already , Canada loves you !!

Comment by Cheryl Moore – January 21, 2014 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JR was Dallas his character gave life to the rest of the cast. The new generation of Actors are sub-standerd at best,with the old regulars showing the end of an era, even television shows its reseveration by airing it on TNT……..the network with more commercials than show. I see it falling apart after the JR demise………….Heres to you JR you were the beginning and the end………..

Comment by Enrico Domani – January 26, 2014 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have official inside eyewitness confirmation in the season finale 2014, Southfork BURNS TO THE GROUND. No details as to scripting.

Comment by James Warden – February 6, 2014 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Where did you hear that

Comment by Brandon childers – February 7, 2014 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You can’t say something like that and leave us in the dark!

Comment by honestbuttruthful – April 4, 2014 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Feb.24th.Loved the show back in the day and love how the wtitters kept same themes only with the younger generation included!! Its a great cast.No need to bring Pam back but a few of the older ones back,like Ray,Gary,Val Ect.I “Do Not” like split season..And “Don’t like it being on a Mon. :( I already have a line up on that night..Hope I don’t forget to record..Feel the day change may lesson the amount of viewers!! All in all “Great Show” combing old & new cast that are doing a good conving story lines. Rip Larry Hagmon..From a Dallas show lover.Old & new. :)

Comment by JoJo brenner – February 9, 2014 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They are going to have to bring back more of the old cast , because it’s not the young that is turning in to watch this show, the 80′s were watched by baby boomers mostly!!! I agree bring back ray, donna, bobby son by jena wade , isn’t he a heir to the ewing empire with ray being a ewing son? So let’s root for more nostalgia in Dallas!!!

Comment by rob – February 18, 2014 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring back gary ewing to go against bobby for southfork.

Comment by karl – February 21, 2014 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When will Dallas be shown on TV this year & on what channel please. Thanks.

Comment by Heather Walshe – March 8, 2014 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • heather, Dallas is on Mondays at 9e and 8c on TNT

Comment by Brandon Childers – March 8, 2014 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back Pam maybe not however if you need flash backs they could use Marianne Mobley she looks a lot like Pam. Bring in Abby Ewing (Donna Mills) and Gary Ewing, Ray and Donna and Jenna and their kids for their piece of the action. Forget about all the cousins and stuff from the 80′s and early 90′s but you may want to bring back Calley with her child just because it is part of JR. I like Cliff’s Daughter and the actress who plays her. she should stay but get rid of Elaina. She should marry John Ross. Sue Ellen and Bobby are great……..sometimes when Sue Ellen is at the bottom of a bottle they should play flash backs…including Swan Song.

Comment by Martha – March 17, 2014 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i live in scotland and can remember going into labour near 25 year ago while watching an old eposode of dallas back then as fans will remember bobby and jr the great man himself were every womens dream, so i looked forward to new dallas and truely loved every minute how sexy ar john ross and chriss. so please get it back on uk tv fast

Comment by carrie a – March 29, 2014 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s actually very complex in this full of activity life to listen news on TV, so I simply use the web for that purpose, and obtain the hottest news.|

Comment by visit this – April 4, 2014 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring Pam back? Would it be the old shower scene again? Come on people, not that again!!!!!! Just bring Pamback in coffin for a proper burial, Southfork style!!! Maybe next to herfavorite brother-in-law, of course, right next to J.R.! Just see the tempers heat up! Sounds very interesting to me.

Comment by Pam Lyles – April 8, 2014 03:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i did not see when dallas is airing again this summer. please date and time. i dont want to miss it

Comment by vickie carter – April 15, 2014 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would also like to know when the rest of season 3 will air

Comment by Joyce – April 21, 2014 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dallas will be on Monday’s at 9pm 8pm central. Strating on August 16 or 18 which ever is a Monday

Comment by Brandon Childers – April 21, 2014 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • luv the new Dallas, don’t like the split season though.

Comment by brenda – April 17, 2014 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post