Ratings: Bones, Raising Hope Expectedly Down in Friday Debuts; Grimm Rises, Shark Dips

Ratings Bones Friday PremiereFox’s Bones christened its new Friday home with 5.2 million total viewers and a 1.2 rating, per finals– down sharply/expectedly from its last Monday outing (7.4 mil/2.0) but on par with what MasterChef Junior last did in the time slot (4.1 mil/1.5) and, well, up from Fringe‘s fall 2012 season opener (3.3 mil/1.1).

Raising Hope‘s double-episode season premiere led out of that with an average of 2.2 mil and 0.7 — improving on Sleepy Hollow‘s Friday reruns but down from the comedy’s previous opener (3.9 mil/1.7) and finale (3.3 mil/1.2).

CBS’ Undercover Boss (8.6 mil/1.7) dipped one tenth in the demo, while Hawaii Five-0 (9.7 mil/1.6) rose two tenths and Blue Bloods (11.7 mil/1.4) ticked up one tenth, with the latter drawing its biggest audience since the season premiere.

NBC’s Grimm (5.7 mil/1.6) rose 18 percent and three tenths, but Dracula was flat with 3 mil/0.9.

ABC’s Last Man Standing (6.3 mil/1.2) and Neighbors (4.2 mil/0.8) each dipped two tenths, while Shark Tank (6.4 mil/1.7) dove 12 and 15 percent, tying its season-low demo.

The CW’s Carrie Diaries (780K/0.3) was flat, while Top Model (1.29 mil/0.5) added a few eyeballs and rose a tenth (yet was down a tenth from its previous finale).

1. Sarah says:

Bones no!! :( Fox killed it!! No season 10 now. I want to cry! :(

• Katie T says:

Saying no season 10 for Bones now is ridiculously pessimistic. For one, no one knows what ratings Fox are expecting of it so no one knows what they’ll think of this week’s numbers. Secondly, it’s a week where they’ve aired episodes on both Mondays and Fridays so there’s a chance some viewers forgot or didn’t know about Friday. It’s also a case of how steady it stays on Fridays as to it’s chances of another season. No one is predicting Bones to be cancelled yet. In fact The Cancel Bear over at Tvbythenumbers is convinced it won’t be the last season

• Anon says:

Yes…the next few weeks will be more telling for Bones ratings…i doubt many fans new that it was going to Friday due to Fox gross mishandling of the move due to their desire to promote Almost Human at the cost of their 9yr flagship show….lets wait for a pattern on ratings.. One rating isn’t the end of the world or an indication of future ratings.

• Jerri says:

Jumping the gun, much? Start panicking when they’ll move Bones to another time slot again & won’t advertise it at all.

• Ross Cooper says:

Like they haven’t told every conceivable story anyway. I think it’s just getting too expensive as it goes on, and they want to free up the space for fresh (cheaper) blood which can capture more of the golden demographic. Moving to Friday is generally the network saying ‘sink or swim on your own’.

2. Eric says:

Goodbye, Raising Hope. It was fun while it lasted. This is like Happy Endings all over again.

3. Stacey says:

My only recourse for this stupid move Fox made is to NOT watch anything Fox on Monday or any other day of the week either.

4. CHUCK says:

GRIMM IS THE BEST !!!!

5. Jake says:

Too bad for Bones. I was hoping Raising Hope would be higher. And CBS has a good line up with UB,H50, and Blue Bloods.

6. Jess says:

Well done FOX now you are going to get one show with a 2.0+ with Sleepy Hallow and maybe if it doesn’t bomb, Almost Human….Bones give you a consistent 2.0+/7m week after week.

7. Jess says:

Bitterness aside…Bones move to Friday was poorly mishandled due to Almost Human…Bones Friday move barely got promoted and Fox changed it start date last minute…and airing TWO eps in one week doesnt help with “What night is Bones on?” game either….next week is more telling with how Bones ratings will fall on a Friday…plus L+3 numberr are key for Friday.

8. Ashley says:

What are the chances of Dracula not getting a season two? I’m really enjoying it so far!

Really hope it doesn’t end after season one :(

• Katie says:

The small good thing about Dracula is the show always knew it would have 10 episodes at the least and from interviews I have heard/read there is an actual solid ending on episode 10 so at least we will have an ending one way or another. I do hope the show gets picked back up, I heard its a co produced with a network out of the UK.

• Ashley says:

Yeah, at least that’s a good thing! Nothing worse than when a show ends and doesn’t get a chance to finish it’s story.

Hoping it gets picked up too, huge fan of Jonathan Rhys Meyers!

9. Drew says:

It always seemed to me like Fox wanted to kill Raising Hope… which makes no sense since they could kill it any time they wanted. But why do they always throw multiple episodes out at a time and play around with the schedule so much?

Anyway, it was funny.

10. Fernando says:

I don’t watch fox but Almost Human looks like a hot. I can see some high ratings for it and once it’s pair with The Following it should be a great line up.

I don’t think that’s bad ratings for Bones on a Friday night but no need to worry Bones will get another season and it will be on wed or Thursday next season, thier will be no X factor

11. Babybop says:

Raising Hope was awesome last night too. I think them starting so late hurt their ratings because people don’t expect shows to start in November!

12. Et al says:

12 million viewers and a 1.4?!! They should change the title of ‘Blue Bloods’ to ‘Blue Hairs’.

• Jake says:

You should be a comedian. So hilarious…

• Sorry, your shelf life has expired..... says:

“He’s here every night folks–try the liver!” Keep the day job, that joke is more ancient then the people you claim are watching Blood Bloods……….

• DenverDean says:

Funny, but BB demo is .2 higher than Bones. (Not a fan of BB, but just saying, it drew more viewers in demo than Bones did. So what does that make Bones?)

• Alex says:

You missed the obvious point that Et al made. I will explain it to you. Bones had 5.1 million viewers and a 1.2 in the demo. Blue Bloods had 11.7 million and a 1.4 in the demo. This means that far more people who watched Blue Bloods were out of the demo. Now do you get the joke?

13. Paul says:

Very sad to see Dracula with such low numbers. I think it’s a great show.

14. DavidSask says:

Still praying for Carrie Diaries. I hope viewers come to Fox’s new line-up and DVR numbers help it!!

15. Heather says:

Hawaii 50 is so bad. All those guest stars is so ridiculous. But the main cast is weak so CBS needs help.

• Sorry, your shelf life has expired..... says:

You know, I’ve seen the same stupid comment on other sites almost every time Hawaii 5-0 has it’s ratings posted. Different names, same comment. Whatever your problem is, I suggest seeking professional help, you are not only very transparent, but pathetic as well.

16. Pat says:

I will follow Bones, no matter what night it is on. Love Grimm on Friday nights. H5’O and Blue Bloods I DVR for the next day. I really hope that FOX does not give up on Bones. We are going into the Holiday season so some viewership could drop but that will happen to some other shows as well.

17. Zach says:

Fox profits off Bones and Raising Hope for syndication purposes. I think they’ll go easy on them if the ratings aren’t so good.

18. mandy says:

Raising Hope is one of the best comedies on TV. Too bad more aren’t enjoying it. I expect Bones to rebound some once people know it’s on Fridays. I do wish FOX had put XFactor on Fridays instead, and maybe give both Bones and RH better numbers.

19. cookiekirk says:

When are these networks gonna leave these shows alone. I was so angry when I watched Bones on Monday and then at the end it said the show was moving to Fridays. What jerks, when r the networks gonna stop this madness. Reprogramming the DVR and shuffling my watching lineup on Friday. I watched Bones live and dvr’s all show on CBS. I felt I had to remain loyal to Bones and will continue to be.

20. Nancy says:

Older people watch TV two. Bring GERALD MCRANEY BACK!!

21. April says:

I wish NBC would air Dracula on a different night. Putting a new show on Friday is killing it before it starts. Such a good show with a good cast needs to be given a better chance to survive.

22. Rita Sioros says:

I am a fan of Bones on Monday or Friday. But I do not count because I am older than the ratings demo

23. Kayla says:

I’ll watch Bones whatever day its on. I love the show!! Just hope they dont cancel if it doesn’t do great on Friday. If that’s the case they should move it back to monday then instead of cancelling. Hopefully it’ll do good tho and not be cancelled!!