Exclusive

Arrow Exclusive: X-Files Vet Nicholas Lea to Send [Spoiler] on a Surprising Journey

Arrow Nicholas LeaArrow has nabbed an X-Files alum who’ll play a huge role in changing the life of a Queen family member.

Nicholas Lea, who played Mulder and Scully’s longtime nemesis Krycek, will guest-star on The CW’s sophomore hit, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | The CW Picks Up The Originals, The Tomorrow People and Reign for Full Seasons

The actor will appear in Episodes 12 and 13 as Mark Francis, Walter Steele’s close associate. Francis will have a crucial part in the surprising twist that Moira’s life will take after her murder trial.

Lea’s other TV credits include a guest spot as infamous G-man Eliot Ness on Supernatural, as well as roles on Continuum, The Killing, V, Kyle XY and Men in Trees.

1. Ryan says:

Good news. Always liked him since X-Files

2. Important feedback. says:

So much for my theory that Moira is going to be sentenced to death and Oliver has to choose to let it happen for the sake of his newfound principles. Oh well. That would have been interesting, and Moira has pretty much served her purpose anyway. The show would be better served by trimming her character and making room in the budget for, say, Caity Lotz!

• Temperance says:

Oh, you don’t get Susannah Thompson under contract and let her get away… that would be crazycakes. Keeping that third, older generation is really, really smart and add a whole other tier of complexity and scale. Moira and Malcolm are/were global players, and the show very clearly (nearly every episode) keeps the Arrow saga grounded in the city, but still very global.

• Russ says:

If I had to guess, I’d agree she gets death…but bet her sentence is commuted when Oliver leads a mission for the Suicide Squad.

Establishing A.R.G.U.S. and giving Oliver a friend (or at least an acquaintance) like Amanda Waller…

3. Katy says:

Awww Krycek!! My second favourite baddie after Mr Sark :) I miss the x files, but excited to see Lea in Arrow :)

• scooby says:

Agreed. Plus, he’s not just a talented actor, he’s eye candy, so there’s that. ;) I liked Krycek and Marita Covarrubias together. I’m not even gonna pretend I didn’t have to go look up the spelling of her name.

4. Joey says:

Good news. He’s a great actor, can’t wait to see him on the show.

5. Nicole says:

Nice get for Arrow. Can’t wait to see him in action.

6. Sheldon W. says:

I thought he was especially good on John Woo’s Once a Thief – a criminally underrated Canadian series that made sport of buddy shows and shadowy government agency shows (‘GAC. What an unfortunate acronym!’)

• liz says:

“a criminally underrated Canadian series”

:P aren’t they all. Except Orphan Black – I think its the first CDN series to be *not* underrated :P

7. liz says:

everytime he popped up on screen in Continuum I said “Krychek!!!” out loud and shook my fist lol. Glad he’ll be on another show I can do it during :P

• Quinn Mallory says:

I was disappointed by what happened to his character on Continuum, since that show is shot in Vancouver (where Vancouver gets to be Vancouver) like Arrow, this is perhaps not that big of a surprise.

8. Alia says:

This is great news! Can’t wait to see these episodes.

9. kryptoniandavid says:

He’s one of the few actors on my short list for who I’d cast as batman so I’m glad to see him on superhero TV even if it isn’t the role I’d have cast him as.

10. Guest says:

Okay, now I just have to watch Arrow

11. So stoked to have Krycek- sorry- Nicholas Lea back on TV.

12. Bev Haut says: