Ratings: Arrow and Criminal Minds Hit Highs, Revolution Rises, Super Fun Night Dips

Get More: News, Ratings

Ratings ArrowThe CW’s Arrow this Wednesday targeted 3.1 million total viewers — its largest audience of the season — while rising two tenths in the demo to set a new season high of 1.2, per finals.

The sophomore drama also hit a series high in the 18-34 demo, The CW notes. (Also: Can you believe they went there with what Oliver said to Felicity?!)

Leading out of that, The Tomorrow People (1.7 mil/0.6) added a few eyeballs while flat in the demo.

Over on CBS, Criminal Minds drew 11.6 million viewers (surging 20 percent to a season high) while rising 17 percent in the demo to a 2.7. Bookending the Eye’s night, Survivor (9.9 mil/2.5) was flat the demo while CSI (10.5 mil/1.9) inched up a tenth.

Elsewhere….

NBC | Revolution (5.2 mil/1.5) rose a tenth after weeks of clutching onto its series-low rating. SVU led out of that with 6.2 mil/1.6, up 7 percent and a tenth.

ABC | The Middle (8.9 mil/2.4) was up two tenths, Back in the Game (6.4 mil/1.8) and Nashville (5.4 mil/1.5) added one tenth, while Modern Family (10.6 mil/3.8) returned from its two-week break down a tenth. Super Fun Night, with 5.9 mil and a 2.0, was down a tenth its last episode airing out of a fresh ModFam.

FOX | The X Factor (5.8 mil/1.7) rose two tenths from last week’s Wednesday nadir.

Comments (35)

• Go Criminal Minds!!!

Comment by Dav – November 14, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So good to hear about ARROW. Last season was decent with steady improvement in the later part it’s freshman run, but Season 2 has been firing on all cylinders!

Comment by WayneInNYC – November 14, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right?!?!? This show has really gotten better this season.

Comment by TvPeong – November 14, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously, this season it’s become one of my favorite shows on television!

Comment by DL – November 14, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It really has gotten so much better. And to think, I hadn’t been planning on coming back for S2!

Comment by Emily – November 14, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand how Super Fun Night is still around. That show is terrible.

Comment by Gary – November 14, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Those with IQ’s of 100 or less have to watch something.

Comment by Stormy – November 14, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Regin can stay at a .6 demo, I want it to survive. People keep dissing the show but it’s really good. People just think it’s Gossip Girl back in time but it’s no where near that.

Comment by Fernando – November 14, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was totally hoping last night’s Arrow did well. It was a really good episode. Maybe not as action packed as last weeks but last night had great character development, some good plot setup and reveals, and of course Oliver and Felicity who were just an emotion mess. The show just keeps getting better and better and I’m so glad more people are watching and helping edge it higher in the ratings. It totally deserves it.

Comment by GildedRose – November 14, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revolution is the dumbest show on tv, these creators/writers don’t even try and I can’t stop watching it!!!

Comment by luke – November 14, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Arrow! I would love to see The Tomorrow People go up though, it’s a really good show!

Comment by Daniel – November 14, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I literally had given up on Arrow last year due to all the melodrama especially including Moira and Thea and sometimes Laurel and Tommy. But the buzz is high about how good it became towards the end, so I went from FORCING myself to watch the episodes that have accumulated (and wow those were some bad episodes) to actually being crazy and binge-watching them. It is amazing how quick the quality shot up within a few episodes.

Comment by Jerry – November 14, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Can you believe they went there with what Oliver said to Felicity?!” I’m still reeling over it (in the best possible way) Matt Mitovich! I predict there’s some very amazing things in store for the Oliver and Felicity storyline, even if it’s going to be really angsty for awhile. It’s going to hurt so good!

Comment by Sofia – November 14, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is great for Arrow!
    Glad to see Nashville grew last night!
    Not good about Modern Family. It was a really good episode, hope they are back up next week.

Comment by sarah – November 14, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keep those numbers going up, Arrow fans!

Comment by jejehi – November 14, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow was really good, but I hope they don’t take the Oliver/Felicity thing any deeper. Last night was a little less subtle than normal and I think it would mess things up to put them into romance drama.

Comment by Drew – November 14, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nashville keep going up!! We need a third season! And after THAT episode Nashville is a much watch TV

Comment by Shanag (@shira710) – November 14, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Arrow!!!

Comment by Edward Huggins – November 14, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow will fly high in episode 08 with the debut of Barry Allen, The Flash.

Comment by Edward Huggins – November 14, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m interested to see if Barry will be a jackass like Grant’s other characters

Comment by Riana – November 14, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The CW is killing it this season! Good for them!

Congrats, to ARROW, much deserved. Such a good show!

Comment by Jared – November 14, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This season of Arrow is everything Marvels Shield wishes it was.

Comment by Jared – November 14, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree 100% which is unfortunate because Agents of SHIELD had so much potential to be more than it is. Arrow on the other hand defies expectations and consistently delivers amazing episodes this season! Keep it up Arrow team!!

Comment by Fan – November 14, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But we have to remember that Arrow’s first season was rough and it really dragged for a few episodes. SHIELD will probably be considerably better in its second season.

Comment by Liz – November 14, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ehh, that’s what I tried to tell myself, but through the first six/seven episodes, Arrow was definitely stronger. And there were interesting characters, even when it was a little shaky overall. Agents of SHIELD has no one I want to learn more about. Not one character in a large ensemble.

Comment by John – November 14, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wouldn’t be mad if they killed Rachel and her dad off of Revolution. they are really ruining the show for me!

Comment by Elyse – November 14, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What? No, we have to have Rachel there’s to much story to tell with her. I can see daddy being a casualty before this is all over though.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 14, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • maybe just her dad then! or just give me more Monroe! that would definitely make me happy.

Comment by Elyse – November 15, 2013 04:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please remind me why Back In The Game is canceled again? Is went up a tenth and beat TW and The Goldbergs!

Comment by Lyss – November 14, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its really awesome how Arrow actually won its time period in the male 18-34 demo (fast nationals had it at 1.4 and that’s one of the best ratings in that time slot in 5 years).

Comment by Ranna – November 14, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so happy about Arrow’s numbers. Last night’s episode was amazing. The Oliver x Felicity stuff was perfect, I actually ended up liking Deadshot, Lyla and John were great- even ROY is growing on me. This season is killing it.

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch (@mkroggasch) – November 14, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m TRYING so very hard to like Roy since I know he’s a main character, but wow, perhaps, if he;s not on every week? Kinda ease my way in?

Comment by Marc – November 15, 2013 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Super Unfun Night has GOT to go. End of discussion.

Comment by Tim – November 14, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. Agent Coulson is more popular than Green Arrow. Didn’t know that.

Comment by NameNamerson – November 27, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been watching Arrow since day one and it continues to get even better and better! I think DC is on to great things with this show, the flash and hopefully a nightwing series

Comment by Andrew G – January 13, 2014 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post