Exclusive

Exclusive Reign Sneak Peek: Is Francis About to Choose a Mistress Over Mary?!

Looks like the honeymoon is over for Reign‘s Mary and Francis — and they’re not even married yet.

Olivia, one of the prince’s exes, returns to court in this Thursday’s episode of the CW drama (airing at 9/8c). And as you’ll see in this exclusive sneak preview, Mary does. not. like. that. one. bit.

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Reign and More

According to the episode’s official synopsis, all of this mistress talk sends the teen queen to seek comfort in Francis’ half-brother, Bash. Interesting.

Press PLAY on the video below to watch Mary and Francis do a pretty mean impression of the sitting French king and his bitter wife. Does this kind of situation foretell a bleak future for the young royals?

Loading video...

1. Rosie says:

As long as the show stays on, they can do whatever they wish :) It’s quite intriguing and I don’t even care that it isn’t true to history…sometimes those “real” stories can be very boring anyway. Bring it on, loving the show more and more each week!!!!

• Alichat says:

Well it would be boring and short since Francis died in 1560, at the age of 16, which would be two to three years after the start date in the show. I like how they play with history here and there. The conversation from last week’s ep where Mary tells Francis that people think he’s small and sickly, which he really was, and he attributes it to a sight-impaired painter. LOL!

• Guest says:

I guess “the angst” would be more believable if I didn’t know those two did get married. As it is, I don’t see the point.

• jojo says:

Exactly Rosie, I am really loving this show it’s nice for a change, a little flavor to the history is not so bad. I just Love Mary she is very pretty and very passionate!!!

2. Dee says:

I love, love, love this show! I so hope that the network gives it a chance. I hate when I get into a show and then they don’t renew it for another season. A lot of time it isn’t the show, but the way it is advertised. I have friends that never even heard of the show, so I enlighten them! My sister (42), my mother (67) and I (47) love it! Just so they know their audience!

3. ABC says:

Oh, the angst! Love it.

4. Guest says:

The chemistry btw these 2 is insane!!

5. M. says:

Damn, intense. I like that she doesn’t just take his crap, but on the other hand, you can tell he’s struggling between doing whatever the hell pleases him and being good to Mary.
    For now he’s still quite wishy-washy. I expect that him falling more for her and trying to not be his father. will also be a major part of his growth as a character.

6. Pati says:

Love this show that scene was Awsome I don’t care that it’s not true to history as long as it’s entertaining which this show is

7. SweetiePie54 says:

Reblogged this on Random Rumblings and commented:
    Gahhhh. This show makes my TV life. Reign is my newest guilty pleasure and I cannot wait for tomorrow’s episode.

8. Ally Oop says:

I love this show. I wonder though how the writers will sustain the story over 22 episodes. It’s a good thing they have such a large cast so they can delve into several different peoples’ stories. Looking at historical events, I wonder at what point the season will end on: Mary and Francis setting the date for their wedding? And I wonder if we will get to see Mary’s mother or maybe Queen Elizabeth I at some point.

9. deme says:

I can’t believe how hard I’ve fallen for these teenyboppers. LOL! Goodness their chemistry is maddening! This should be a very good ride. I see no need to bring the half-brother into it just to get scorched.

10. Lore says:

I dont care about Francis, i like Bash more

• Mercy says:

Totally agree. Can’t stand Fary. Bash and Mary have much better chemistry , but for some odd reason writers don’t give them even a small chance. I hate when a show is forcing me to love one particular couple. Fary is just not good enough.

11. Nick says:

Her chemistry with Francis is alright. I feel like, naturally, the actor’s have more of a friendship vibe going on though, which kinda translates to screen for me, no matter how hard the writer’s try otherwise. After seeing the kiss between Bash and Mary, I definitely want to see those two explored more over Frary.

12. bpaige08 says:

Reblogged this on Buttered PopCulture and commented:
    DRAMARAMA!!!!! I can’t wait. I love my not-so-guilty pleasure show :) And goodness knows, if the Colts play anything like they did Sunday, THIS is what I’ll be watching. I can’t take that kind of heartbreak twice in one week….

13. Kim says:

I wasn’t even sure I was going to watch this and now it is my favorite show. I am so glad the CW picked up a full season. I really hope it gets a stronger audience so it can have many more seasons! The chemistry with the main characters is amazing and I do really enjoy watching Mary be strong and smart.

14. Jason says:

Those two actors are A M A Z I N G. I love this show, and I’m a GUY.

15. Vera says:

Love the show! Can’t wait for tonight’s ep!!

16. Kaylove says:

I just started watching the series on Hulu and I’m caught up for now. I love it. I love Mary with Francis and bash with Lola I think they’ll go far. But I really want the Olivia bitch to go away. I don’t want Francis to have a mistress. I’ve even got my husband watching it with me.