Exclusive: Aisha Tyler Joins Ryan Murphy's Sex-Tinged HBO Pilot Open

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

The CW Network's New York 2013 Upfront PresentationAisha Tyler‘s career is taking a dramatic turn via a role in Ryan Murphy’s risqué HBO pilot Open, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The actress-comedienne-hostess (Archer, Whose Line Is It Anyway) will guest star in the sex-and-relationships drama as Monica, a happily married nurse at Grace’s (Michelle Monaghan) practice who possesses a modern outlook on matrimony.

The cast also includes Fringe‘s Anna Torv, Last Resort‘s Scott Speedman and American Beauty‘s Wes Bentley.

Tyler’s non-comedy credits include stints on 24, Ghost Whisperer, CSI and, more recently, Hawaii Five-0. She also previously appeared in two Murphy-produced series, Glee and Nip/Tuck.

Tags: , ,

Comments (9)

• I met Aisha at New York Comic Con this year and she is just the nicest celebrity. I wish nothing but the best for her career. She’s fabulous.

Comment by Steven – November 13, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a big fan of Aisha Tyler. But I can’t stand Ryan Murphy.

Comment by Zach – November 13, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. It looks like Murphy comes out of his writer’s block by reading Twitter threads.

Comment by Me – November 13, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let me add my good wishes to her future. An absolutely beautiful, talented, sexy and funny woman. I look forward to watching this show when it is on HBO’s schedule.. Best of luck to her.

Comment by Rusty – November 13, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was the first actor to have two spy shows on TV at the same time (Archer, XIII). Plus she’s always a great interview.

Comment by Sheldon W. – November 13, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully this will allow her to move on from that awful Talk. She is way too talented for it.

Comment by Chablis – November 13, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If this means I might get to see Anna Torv and Aisha Tyler on the same screen at the same time, I am definitely watching this!

Comment by erin – November 13, 2013 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As if I didn’t already need to watch this, I NEED TO WATCH THIS.

Comment by brycealexander – November 14, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad u don’t mention Aisha day job on The Talk.

Comment by Lina – November 16, 2013 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post