NCIS: LA Exclusive: Bones Baddie Andrew Leeds Joins Season 5 in Recurring Role

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

NCIS LA Andrew LeedsHe’s Pelant without the pesky murder habit!

Bones vet Andrew Leeds is taking his well-honed computer skills to NCIS: Los Angeles later this season in a significant recurring role, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | NCIS: LA Boss Weighs In on ‘Pregnant Kensi’ Talk

He’ll play Booker, the team’s newest tech operator who is smart, guarded, focused and curt. His eye for detail is an asset. His OCD? Not so much.

Leeds’ Bones‘ baddie Pelant was an IT instructor-turned-serial hacktivist/killer. His reign of terror on the show came to an end last month, although — as TVLine reported earlier this week — Leeds is set to reprise his signature role in early 2014.

Comments (30)

• this kid is a star

Comment by Timothy – November 13, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Never seen NCIS LA but I’ll for sure check it out now. He’s great.

Comment by James – November 13, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another tech operator? Are Eric or Nell on the way out?

Comment by Apples – November 13, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll take a guess that someone will fill in in the field while dani has her baby-time.. maybe nell will get out of ops?

Comment by guest – November 14, 2013 02:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • More than likely Nell comes out as she has already shot someone on NCIS LA

Comment by Thom Locke – November 15, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Nel and Eric? I am worried, are they going to have 3 tech people?

Comment by Carissa – November 13, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh pleeze, Pelant is coming back to Bones as a ghost or via a vid. No more, just move on writers.

Comment by Ali – November 13, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was sooo glad when Pelant was killed off, now am disappointed he is being brought back AT ALL. Let the other show have him.

Comment by Laura C – November 15, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Leeds is excellent actor, but if Pelant raises from the dead I will quit watching Bones. Enough of his omnipotence

Comment by A Flinn – November 21, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, hope Gibbs and Booth’s shared relative, Pops slaps him around a bit.

Comment by Chuck – November 13, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was so glad when he left Bones. I hope I dont have to stop watching NCIS LA because of him!

Comment by Donna White – November 14, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do they need three techies – geez. Unless they are going for a bloody triangle.

Comment by Barb – November 13, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So his name will be Booker and all I can remember about him is the Pelant character. He finally exited Bones and now I have to watch him on another favorite show of mine, NCIS LA. Yikes, this guy is following me!!

Comment by Pat – November 13, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another tech operator? Are they getting rid of Eric or Nell? I would be ok with that actually. They’re by far the most disposable members of the team, if the rumors of them killing someone off this season are true. Better that then lose any of the four members of the field team or Hetty.

Comment by JC – November 13, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nell isn’t a tech operator she is an intelligence analyst and my guess is instead of getting a new person to fill in when Daniela takes her maternity leave is that they are going to have Nell act as Deeks’ partner.

Comment by Alicia – November 13, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oooh, I like that idea :)

Comment by katy917 – November 13, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So THAT’S why she’s dumped the short ponytail!

Agreed, she’s had some field work and I expect they’ll keep going that way.

Comment by John 1138 – November 13, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is NCIS director Vance?

Comment by Karen – November 13, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh great ex pelant on ncisla hope eric or nell not leaving. and him back on bones next year just plain ridiculous

Comment by barbara – November 13, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ummm, last time they changed cast like this Nate was shipped off.

Comment by jenferner8 – November 13, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • your right i liked nate too and also vance is missing

Comment by barbara – November 13, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg! i loved this guy on bones and now he’s on another show i watch?! ahhh! so excited! i wonder if he’ll end up being a bad guy here too.

Comment by gina – November 13, 2013 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how fun! i watched Andrew on Bones and he was so scary…will be interesting to see him not play a serial killer! also, he’s HOT!…except when his face got all stitched up on Bones. SO GROSS! is it true that he’ll be back on Bones? his character died. that would be awesome if he somehow outsmarted them and he’s still alive! lol!

Comment by jessie – November 13, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited to see Andrew Leeds again. He is fabulous. People hated him on Bones because he is a great actor! I am now going to watch NCIS: Los Angeles.

Comment by Rebecca – November 13, 2013 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now this is making me very nervous. Let’s hope this is not related to the (possible) spoiler that someone is leaving the cast. (By looking at this, it may be Nell or Eric)

Comment by ruahticsn – November 13, 2013 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never watched this show but because Leeds is such a fantastic actor, I will add it to my list of shows that are a must watch! :)

Comment by Jennifer – November 13, 2013 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • never saw Bones, but i love NCIS and i love andrew leeds from the movie, Major Payne. that movie makes me laugh my ass off! can’t wait to see him.

Comment by Monique – November 13, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hate it when you guys screw with my shows.

Comment by Stephanie Weissinger – November 26, 2013 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love NCIS LA but Nell is very annoying she a know it all. Dom Vail was a know it all but was fun to watch and they got rid of him in a heart beat. Nell needs to GO

Comment by Casey – December 9, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nell has grown on me, but it’s taken a while (and I am still no fan of the Eric/Nell romance). I would still rather have Dom in that spot though. Technically however, I think Deeks replaced Dom, because Dom was Kensi’s partner before being written out.

Comment by JC – December 9, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post