Exclusive Sneak Peek: The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Make an Extremely 'Cool' Getaway

Get More: Exclusive, Video

Things are looking quite grim for Agent Coulson as Episode 7 of ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. gets underway this Tuesday at 8/7c — and we’ve got your first look at the twisty opening two minutes.

RELATED | Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From S.H.I.E.L.D., Once Upon a Time and Other Shows

In “The Hub,” as dangerous secrets are kept from Coulson’s team, he works the system to save Ward and Fitz when they are sent on a Level 8 mission that may end in tragedy. The installment also introduces Saffron Burrows (you say Boston Legal, I say Deep Blue Sea) as Victoria Hand, who per Marvel lore has a deep history with S.H.I.E.L.D.

RELATED | Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to Air Thor 2 ‘Crossover’ on Nov. 19

In this first look, a captured Coulson (played by Clark Gregg) is poised to have his mettle tested by The Interrogator, yet somehow he ends up making a very (and literally) cool getaway.

Loading video...

Comments (11)

• :o

Comment by Adam Gri Bramble – November 11, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome. The show keeps improving.

Comment by Michael Sacal – November 11, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well that was cool.

Comment by Alan – November 11, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how much for emergency locksmith call out?

Comment by emergency locksmith exeter devon – November 11, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It started out a little shaky but the episodes have gotten better and better

Comment by Rook – November 11, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not able to agree with you , I watched for a few weeks but have finally given up on SHIELD due to the crap scripts

Comment by Joseph Angelo – November 11, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SHIELD article! Thanks Matt – you now officially cover my 3 fav tv shows, and are my de facto TVLine staff favorite <3

Comment by Christina – November 11, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Coulson… Phil Coulson.

Comment by Sheldon W. – November 11, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was getting ready to relegate SHIELD to a watch-some-time-later-in-the-week show, but last week’s episode really drew me back in. The best episode of SHIELD and one of the best episodes of a network tv show I have seen in a while. SHIELD is still on my watch-live list. Hopefully it keeps improving.

Comment by TvPeong – November 11, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That last episode totally drew me back in too – what a great hour of television.

Comment by Christina – November 11, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was wondering if they’d use the new Marvel logo that debuted with Thor: The Dark World. Yup.

Comment by Andrew – November 12, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post