TVLine Items: Community Enrolls an Arrested Fave, MTV Teams With MLB and More!

David Cross Showtime ComedyYou might just blue yourselves over this casting news, Community fans: David Cross is making his way to Greendale.

The Arrested Development fave will guest-star in the NBC comedy’s upcoming fifth season, Vulture reports, playing Hank, the “bitterly estranged son” of Jonathan Banks’ heavily-recurring new character Professor Hickey.

RELATED | Community Season 5 Cast: Arrested Development Boss Mitch Hurwitz Guest-Stars

Cross comes to GCC to join the study group for what is being called “the second most important game of Dungeons & Dragons ever.”

Community premieres Thursday, Jan. 2.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

MTV and Major League Baseball have entered into a multiyear, cross-platform partnership that promises to take fans “inside the intersection of pop culture and baseball,” starting with a weekly series to be exec-produced by David “Big Papi” Ortiz (of the Boston Red Sox) and Andrew McCutchen (of the Pittsburgh Pirates).

• Comedy Central has cancelled The Jeselnik Offensive after two seasons, Splitsider confirms. Frontman Anthony Jeselnik first announced the news at the New York Comedy Festival this weekend.

• A&E has moved up and supersized the premiere of its (controversial?) Rodeo Girls docuseries, which will now air Wednesday, Dec. 11 at 11/10c and Thursday, Dec. 12 at 10/9c. From there, the series will air Thursdays at 10.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (10)

• I love Community and I like David Cross quite a bit, so this is some good news! Shame to hear about The Jeselnik Offensive though, I actually enjoyed it.

Comment by Eric – November 11, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With Harmon back, I am certain this new season of Community will feel like anus tart.

Comment by et al – November 11, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahaha thank you so much.

Comment by Brett – November 11, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If I may use an extremely overused phrase, you’ve just won the internet.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 11, 2013 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad they’re doing another Dungeons & Dragons episode. The first one is probably my favorite of the whole series.

Comment by Danny – November 11, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David Cross is married to Amber Tamblyn.

Comment by HAP – November 11, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That fact never ceases to blow my mind.

Comment by Eric – November 11, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can Community just start already? With all the casting news I feel like this is going to be a great season.

Comment by Patrick – November 11, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy David will be guest starring in new season of Communify. can’t wait for new season to start.

Comment by Joey – November 11, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not convinced Jonathan Banks will be funny on Community…I mean, don’t get me wrong, he was funny on Breaking Bad, but funny in a way I couldn’t see really working on Community. We’ll see though. I’m probably going to be wrong. David Cross on Community has to be my all-time favorite casting news for this show. I wish he could be a cast member. His improv lines will probably be just as good as John Oliver’s were.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 11, 2013 10:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post