Exclusive

Bones Exclusive: [Spoiler]'s Returning!

Bones Season 9Bones is sending Booth and Brennan a belated wedding present in early 2014 — and it’s fair to say this particularly item was not on their registry.

TVLine has learned exclusively that an early 2014 episode of the Friday-bound Fox dramedy will mark the return of the man, the myth, the menace… Pelant!

No joke.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What Will Be Renewed? What’s on the Bubble?

Despite having been killed off last month, the Big Bad — once again played by Andrew Leeds — will resurface for at least one episode.

Don’t worry. He’s still dead. (We think.)

“He’ll be back in the flesh,” confirms exec producer Stephen Nathan, “but somewhat ethereal in the show.”

RELATED | Bones Season 9 Casts Charlie Worsham in Boreanaz-Directed Episode

Might Pelant be returning to posthumously pass the torch to the forthcoming Ghost Killer — a villain he cryptically warned Booth and Brennan about before his demise? “Brennan is the type of person who is not going to forget the words of warning that were given to her by Pelant,” Nathan told reporters earlier today in a conference call. “We will see… how immersed and overwhelmed Brennan is by the idea of this new serial killer.”

Thoughts? Theories? Reactions? Hit the comments!

1. John 1138 says:

Oh crap, not super villain again.

Unless he shows up on the dissection table I’m not having much patience with this guy.

2. Aly says:

No no no no no no no no. Please no.

3. courts says:

Sounds like it’ll be a video or something.

4. tp says:

For a second I thought Zach was coming back. I got excited.

5. mac says:

WHY
    the least interesting villain this show ever had…

6. Stevio says:

Hiw many people wanted it to say Zach returning?! Sigh….

7. Mar says:

Opinions opinions…why must people express their opinions as universal truths?

8. ForTheLoveOfGod says:

Message to the “Bring back Zack brigade “YOU ARE FAR FAR FAR FAR MORE ANNOYING THAN ANY SERIAL KILLER !!!!!!!!!!!!!” Please give the sane Bones fans a break once in a while. Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ev says:

And you are supposed to be the sane one? your comment is far more offensive than any of theirs, let people ask whatever they want to

9. CA says:

I’ll just ask why? And will ask it over and over again….

10. Maeve O'Brien says:

God dammit. I thought they rid of him. they should learn to just leave it be

11. PEL says:

In the famous word of Luke Skywalker
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

12. EDHWoman says:

Bring back Zac!

13. Sheila says:

So Bones is going to Friday, wonder what is going bye-bye. I quit on Bones just this last week, finally had enough of her. She seems to be devolving into something worse than what she was in the beginning of the show. Then at least she was clueless but never mean, now.. she is just worse than ever. Hope they fix that, but if the show is being pushed to Friday, that’s usually the slow kiss of death.

• Jo says:

I quit a couple years ago for the same reason. I watch the early seasons and she actually is somewhat human and at least spoke like a normal person (not the words, but ‘how’ she talked). Now she talks like a robot and yes, seems to have devolved in her ability to understand anything beyond literal interpretations of what anybody says. Or maybe that hasn’t changed so much as it’s just how she talks. I find her her tone and inflections extremely annoying and kind of fake.

• tp says:

The very reason why I stopped watching. The way Brennan is now and the whole Pelant thing completely turned me off. I tuned in for the end of Pelant and the wedding.

14. Brad says:

We never saw a dead body, just one that was shot. It could be possible, but I hope not. I’d rather see them choose 1 intern instead

15. Chris says:

Totally love the idea, Bren will want to figure out the answer, Pelant will haunt her until she does. Like Pelant said that he will end when they both end. Bren might be looking at his bones and Pelant might have done something to not be forgotten.

16. sophia7470 says:

Haha, wow, it’s hard to think of a least welcome item of news among the bones fandom. The writer’s love stirring the pot don’t they. I’d rather they brought back Hannah, and that’s saying something!

17. Karen says:

I am so over pelant i thought he done i hope this is some sort of video or flashback sequence

18. Doane06 says:

Did they ever explain why Pelant was in the house and what was with the alarm clock? Or did I just miss that?

19. Josh says:

Have far off the pulse of their fandom are they? Penlant is the most hated bad guy ever, not loved to hate but HATED…So they kill him and now they’re bringing him back? I just don’t get this show anymore :(

20. Mark says:

Just when we thought the whole Pelant debacle was over…

21. Kristin D says:

No. Just no.

22. McVickers says:

So remember back when the fandom was actually gullible enough to believe that Pelant was dead… ;)
    LONG LIVE PELANT
    DEATH TO BOOTH & BONES

23. Jeff says:

Every has fogotten about the clock radio that P-lant tampered with, and was never explained by the writers as to what significance it had? Well, P-lant returns as the morning wake call in a message set to go off at some time after his death…stay tuned! :)

• D says:

Looks like nobody paid attention to the clock in the Season 4 eps. 26, where Booth is in a coma and dreaming. Check out the beginning of this eps.(first 5 sec.), when Brennan comes home at night/morning and goes to bed… see the clock? 4:47 and it was before we saw Pelant doing it…

24. barbara says:

i don’t believe it more of stupid pelant what’s wrong with these shows just like red john. well they didn’t show his body to prove 100percent he was dead but if he’s back that’s just too much. these long storylines are getting ridiculous.

• gloria says:

Barbra if you hate pelant so much why do you still watch bones if you stop watching bones it’s just one person out of over 20 million people who stopped watching bones because if they listen to you and they kill off pelant then me and everybody I know will stop watching bones so just stop posting comments about hating pelant.PELANT ROCKS

25. gryssy says:

Don’t like Pelant – BUT he made a decent overwhelming villan. My main issue was the way he died…Someone who could manipulate things the way he did certainly died in an easy & straightforward manner. Personally I don’t mind the idea of him caoming back as in a series of pre-recorded videos but that’s all…

26. Becky Ann says:

Why can’t we have Zach back? He’s the only reason I would tune in again.

27. MzTeaze says:

I hope he returns in the episode that ends the show. I swear he’s gotten progressive worse in each episode. Pelant needs to STAY dead.

28. They said he’s really dead so its probably some kind of sensor activated video, maybe down in bone storage where there aren’t any security cameras. I think the clock was just some kind of surveillance device not a bomb.

29. AT says:

Did they ever explain what Pelant did to the clock in Booth and Brennan’s house? If they did I missed that.

30. Todd says:

Pelant was the reason I quit watching the show with this season after being a fan for years. Last season was terrible and not resolving the Pelant story in the finale was a huge mistake. Looks like I made the right choice in dropping the show.

31. Meg says:

ugh- NO NO NO! Pelant was the most ridiculous serial killer on this show. If you had to bring ANYONE back from the dead, it SHOULD be the Gravedigger.

32. Ellenz says:

Sick of pelant or not
    I admit this he is the best villian on tv so far

Does pelant have appertince??

I wonder who is his appertince to continue his work

33. Jennifer says:

I’m so sick of the super psycho serial killer. To me that seems to be a sign of the show’s creators & writers not having faith in the show’s loyal fans. I’m also disappointed in how Temperance seems to be more robot-like, less empathetic, & less understanding than she was in earlier years & she seems to be a lot more rude & obnoxious now. I used to love this show so much & now not so much. Something needs to change & soon or I am done with this show.

34. barbara says:

please NOoooooooo no more pelant

35. Please don’t!!! I beg of you!

36. Lilian says:

I am so over serial killers. Every show has a serial killer. What I like about Bones is solving the unusal murders or unpredictable motives and methods.

37. daisy says:

I LIKE PELANT. Best killer on Bones. When I found out that Pelant was coming back I was super happy and excited. When I saw the episode where Booth shot Pelant (The Sense in the Sacrifice) at first I was like WHAT just happened, I couldn’t believe it. I knew he was going to die but I was still shocked. Then I was upset that Booth “killed” him. So after that episode I wasn’t so happy with the show anymore only the wedding episode, but after that the show wasn’t the same without Pelant. Pelant brought all the drama in the show. BUT NOW that Pelant is coming back I will watch Bones excited. I am still very, very, very excited that Pelant is coming back.
    :) PELANT IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!! I AM SUPER EXCITED!!!!!!! :)

• gloria says:

daisy I agree with you so much he is the best killer BUT I don’t agree about him messing with booth and bones it’ll super funny if they got divorce I’ll still watch bones if they did or didn’t get divorce but I agree with you about the best killer ever comment. GO PELANT YOU ROCK!!!!

38. barbara says:

he might be good actor but bringing back pelant just ridiculous!!!!!!! I’ve been a fan since it started but starting to lose interast real fast. why can’t they just have regular crimes to solve each week without serielkillers especially one that was supposed to be dead. if its a video or some kind of message ok if not just plain stupid!!!!!!!!!

• daisy says:

I too lost interest in the show BUT for another reason, When Pelant “died” (even though I knew he wasn’t, it was to easy for someone like that) I started to lose all interest in the show but, now that he is “coming back in the flesh” (Steven Nathan’s words) I got really really very excited. My interest is coming back slowly. I’d have to see a sneak peek with Pelant in it but, in person not a video he left for the team nor a message IN PERSON. Then I will have my interest back.
      GO PELANT!!!!!!!!!!

• gloria says:

HEY THE RURLES ARE NOT TO SAY BAD WORDS BARBRA!

39. Fun says:

I’ll just say that this is nonsense… I’ll keep watching, though.

I’ll watch Bones until its last episode.

40. daisy says:

I heard that Pelant is going to be in MCSI LA but I don’t like any other show only Bones. I think the other shows in my opinion dumb. Pelant coming back on Bones is the best thing on Bones and also Booth and Brennan’s wedding too.
    Pelant better come back because if not sorry Bones but I’ll stop watching Bones for good.
    And if anything happens to Booth and Brennan’s marriage I’ll stop watching Bones.
    GO PELANT!!!! NO I MEAN COME BACK PELANT!!!!!!!

41. daisy says:

I think what could happen with Pelant’s return:
    On another Steven Nathan interview he said ” Pelant will be reintroduce when Hodgins goes back to a old family friend.” So I think:
    Hodgins goes to his friends house to say sorry for their lost. Then his friend invites him in the house. Then his friend tells him to sit and in the house there are other family members. Then Hodgin’s friend introduces his now friend to everyone in the room including Hodgins, Hodgin’s friend says” Everyone this is my new friend Christopher Pelant” Then then Pelant walks in the room! So Hodgin’s tells his friend that he has to go. So Hodgins goes to the lab where Booth, Brennan, Angela, Cam, Sweets, and Caroline are. And Hodgins tells them that PELANT IS ALIVE!!!!!!
    That’s what I think should and could happen. I really don’t care how it happens as long as Pelant is alive and it should be dramatic.
    OR Peant could be Hodgins secret family member. That would be cool and funny. I also read that Hodgins secret family member will be shocking to him Personally and professionally. And it also said that whoever it is it will be shocking to the viewers too. So it could be Pelant.
    MAYBE?

42. barbara says:

ok get me a weapon I’ll get rid of pelant

43. gloria says:

OH YEAH PELANT IS BACK NOW! I CAN START WATCHING BONES AGAIN! PELANT ROCKS NOW I CAN TELL EVERYONE I KNOW TO START WATCHING BONES AGAIN!
    TRUST ME WHOEVER MAKES BONES YOU’LL SEE A HUGE CHANGE IN THE RATING (NOT A BAD ONE) YOU’LL GO FROM 4 1/2 STARS TO FIVE STARS! WHOEVER THOUGHT OF BRINGING BACK PELANT YOU ARE THE SMARTEST PERSON WHO EVER CAME UP WITH ALL THE BONES IDEA’S I HAVE SO MANY COMPLEMENTS FOR YOU THAT YOU’D GET TIERD OF READING SO LET ME JUST SAY YOU ARE THE SECOND BEST(PELANT IS THE FIRST) AND REMEMBER THIS NOMATTER WHAT THESE CRAZT PELANT HATERS SAY NEVER KILL HIM OFF! AND TO EVERYONE WHO HATES PELANT I THINK YOUR TOO CRAZY TO SEE THAT HE IS THE BEST!YOU ROCK PELANT! OH AND ONE MORE THING I HEARD THAT HE MIGHT BE NCSI L.A (A MAIN CHARATER) I HATE HATE NCSI ANY TYPE OF NCSI BUT NOW THAT HE MIGHT BE IN IT I WILL ONLY WATCH THE EPISODES WITH ANDREW (PELANT) IN IT. YOU ROCK PELANT YOUR THE BEST CHARATER IN BONES EVEN BETTER THAN BONES AND BOOTH!AND YOU KNOW IT. NO MY COMPUTER IS NOT STUCK ON CAPS IM JUST SO EXITED SO EVERYTHING MUST BE ON CAPS PELANT DESERVES IT. GO PELANT!!!

44. Bridget says:

I really wish Hart Hanson wasn’t busy developing shows every year, because Stephen Nathan has ruined Bones.

45. Farmer40 says:

And I thought it was just me. A heroine who starts out as a naive genius, is exposed to wonderfully abnormal normal fellow genius coworkers and family over a period of years and evolves, not into a wonderfully unique person with quirky insights, but into a mean spirited, sometimes just mean, soccer mom with THE only perfect baby and a penchant for finding unrealistic super-villains who can write readable code on grape leaves and monitor every environment in real time (I’m assuming that’s done with a spoon). Come on!

Maybe she’s moved to Friday for rehab.

46. I was just starting to enjoy Bones without Pelant and now he is going to resurface. What is with you guys. I have watched Bones from the beginning but if Pelant comes back I am done. It is so boring with him already.

47. Habibi says:

When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new surveys are added- checkbox and today if a comment is added I’m four emails with the exact same comment. Is there any way you can eliminate me from that service? Thanks!

48. Tuesday Pm says:

not that guy again! Puh-leese! can’t he find work anywhere else? I’ll watch again when he is NOT on there.