Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From The Originals, S.H.I.E.L.D., SNL, Broke Girls and More

Wait a second! How’d it get to be Nov. 10 already?

Actually, don’t answer that question. Let’s instead distract ourselves with our regular Sunday feature, Quotes of the Week, packed with the best one-liners from the small screen over the last eight days.

RELATED | Who Is TVLine’s Performer of the Week?

This time around, we’ve got a zany Saturday Night Live catchphrase, a racy Bones observation, a literary reference from The Originals, a musical interlude from Mom and so much more. So click through the gallery below for our latest batch of honorees, then hit the comments to weigh in on your faves — and add anything we’ve inevitably missed!

1. Drew says:

We should just rename this weekly article “Felicity Says…” because she always wins.

2. Apples says:

Castle and B-99, aww yes.
    New Girl out of the shows that I do watch, simply for tackling that.

3. Ha ha! I laughed so hard at Kerry Washington saying that ! that was really good !

4. Ana Rubio says:

So fun =)

Loved how Beckett told no to Castle idea to a space wedding! hahaha only Castle

5. Bruce_F says:

Diaz from Brooklyn 9-9 is great. She killed me with that “bone down” line this week.

6. Cheryl says:

Wow! Not one of the many gems from Supernatural’s “Dog Dean Afternoon” One of the series many hilarious episodes with Sam and Dean Winchester.

7. Badpenny says:

The New Girl line was awesome, and too true. I cracked up laughing when I heard it live last Tuesday.

8. enri says:

I loved the sleepy hollow line. Basket face!

9. bonesfan says:

My favorite this week came from Raymond Reddington from The Blacklist:
    I’m not a gumball machine Lizzie..you can’t just twist the handle whenever you want a treat.

10. wordsmith says:

That line from SHIELD was terrible, but May shooting it down immediately afterwards sold it.

11. Sally says:

How can you forget TVD!
    Silas: “Knock knock, who’s there? The mayor. Mayor who? No one, that’s the joke. No one’s there because I killed the mayor.”
    Damon: “AKA, put the damn crossbow down Pocahontas.”
    Damon: “It’s called being secure. I can tell you believe in that by the way you wear your hair.”
    Damon: “Elena, meet Crazy Pants. Crazy Pants, meet Elena.”

• itiswhatitis says:

Also Tessa when she compared Elena to a duck: “Maybe I can lure one inside. Got Elena in, how much smarter could a duck be?”
      Oh and Katherine: “What? Are you the sandwich police?”

12. Riley says:

My favorite was from Boardwalk Empire episode 9: “My name is Nelson Van Alden, take off your nightgown!”

13. CourtTV says:

From New Girls: “Serpentine!” Referencing one of the funniest movie scenes ever.

14. gracenotpark says:

Delighted to see the H50 line! McG, Danno, and a very straight-faced but snarky Chin toss out worthy one-liners every single episode. Kono gets to deliver a few too, never with a straight face. Her castmates clearly crack her up. Me too.

15. GildedRose says:

Felicity Smoak on Arrow always has the best lines! She always makes me laugh every week. The basketface comment on Sleepy Hollow was great too.

16. Undeniably imagine that that you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the internet the easiest
    factor to bear in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get irked at the
    same time as people think about worries that they plainly don’t recognize about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the highest as well as defined out
    the whole thing without having side effect ,
    people can take a signal. Will likely be
    again to get more. Thanks

17. After exploring a few of the blog articles on
    your web site, I really like your way of writing a blog.
    I bookmarked it to my bookmark site list and will be checking
    back soon. Please visit my website as well
    and let me know your opinion.

18. Hi there, after reading this amazing post i am as well happy to share my know-how
    here with mates.