Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From The Originals, S.H.I.E.L.D., SNL, Broke Girls and More

Get More: Lists, Photo Gallery

Wait a second! How’d it get to be Nov. 10 already?

Actually, don’t answer that question. Let’s instead distract ourselves with our regular Sunday feature, Quotes of the Week, packed with the best one-liners from the small screen over the last eight days.

RELATED | Who Is TVLine’s Performer of the Week?

This time around, we’ve got a zany Saturday Night Live catchphrase, a racy Bones observation, a literary reference from The Originals, a musical interlude from Mom and so much more. So click through the gallery below for our latest batch of honorees, then hit the comments to weigh in on your faves — and add anything we’ve inevitably missed!

Comments (25)

• We should just rename this weekly article “Felicity Says…” because she always wins.

Comment by Drew – November 10, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wait. Second thought…

“I really hope that’s pee and not blood… Why didn’t I opt for water?” — Robin Williams, “The Crazy Ones”

Comment by Drew – November 10, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry but Felicity still wins against Mork

Comment by Patrick Maloney – November 10, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle and B-99, aww yes.
    New Girl out of the shows that I do watch, simply for tackling that.

Comment by Apples – November 10, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ha ha! I laughed so hard at Kerry Washington saying that ! that was really good !

Comment by Hilla Osovsky – November 10, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So fun =)

Loved how Beckett told no to Castle idea to a space wedding! hahaha only Castle

Comment by Ana Rubio – November 10, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • First Castle brought land on the moon..and now a space wedding? His head is truly out of bounds!

Comment by Rich Abey – November 11, 2013 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Diaz from Brooklyn 9-9 is great. She killed me with that “bone down” line this week.

Comment by Bruce_F – November 10, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! Not one of the many gems from Supernatural’s “Dog Dean Afternoon” One of the series many hilarious episodes with Sam and Dean Winchester.

Comment by Cheryl – November 10, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ITA, one of the funniest they ever done. My personal favorite was the crack about the vegan bakery.

Comment by Cassandra – November 10, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The New Girl line was awesome, and too true. I cracked up laughing when I heard it live last Tuesday.

Comment by Badpenny – November 10, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the sleepy hollow line. Basket face!

Comment by enri – November 10, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite this week came from Raymond Reddington from The Blacklist:
    I’m not a gumball machine Lizzie..you can’t just twist the handle whenever you want a treat.

Comment by bonesfan – November 10, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That line from SHIELD was terrible, but May shooting it down immediately afterwards sold it.

Comment by wordsmith – November 10, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Coulson’s line wasn’t meant to be funny by itself. It was a set-up for May’s.

Comment by Andy – November 10, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can you forget TVD!
    Silas: “Knock knock, who’s there? The mayor. Mayor who? No one, that’s the joke. No one’s there because I killed the mayor.”
    Damon: “AKA, put the damn crossbow down Pocahontas.”
    Damon: “It’s called being secure. I can tell you believe in that by the way you wear your hair.”
    Damon: “Elena, meet Crazy Pants. Crazy Pants, meet Elena.”

Comment by Sally – November 10, 2013 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also Tessa when she compared Elena to a duck: “Maybe I can lure one inside. Got Elena in, how much smarter could a duck be?”
      Oh and Katherine: “What? Are you the sandwich police?”

Comment by itiswhatitis – November 11, 2013 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite was from Boardwalk Empire episode 9: “My name is Nelson Van Alden, take off your nightgown!”

Comment by Riley – November 11, 2013 01:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • or when they guys in the alley told him to calm down- “I am calm.” Bang! Bang! Bang!

Comment by katiemae1277 – November 11, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • From New Girls: “Serpentine!” Referencing one of the funniest movie scenes ever.

Comment by CourtTV – November 11, 2013 02:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Delighted to see the H50 line! McG, Danno, and a very straight-faced but snarky Chin toss out worthy one-liners every single episode. Kono gets to deliver a few too, never with a straight face. Her castmates clearly crack her up. Me too.

Comment by gracenotpark – November 11, 2013 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Felicity Smoak on Arrow always has the best lines! She always makes me laugh every week. The basketface comment on Sleepy Hollow was great too.

Comment by GildedRose – November 11, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Undeniably imagine that that you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the internet the easiest
    factor to bear in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get irked at the
    same time as people think about worries that they plainly don’t recognize about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the highest as well as defined out
    the whole thing without having side effect ,
    people can take a signal. Will likely be
    again to get more. Thanks

Comment by boyfriend quotes – February 7, 2014 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After exploring a few of the blog articles on
    your web site, I really like your way of writing a blog.
    I bookmarked it to my bookmark site list and will be checking
    back soon. Please visit my website as well
    and let me know your opinion.

Comment by play.google.com – February 11, 2014 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi there, after reading this amazing post i am as well happy to share my know-how
    here with mates.

Comment by quotes about friends – March 5, 2014 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post