Ratings: Surging Boss Leads Hawaii Five-0 to Grimm Victory, Dracula Loses More Bite

Ratings Hawaii Five-0Undercover Boss‘ trip to the Family Dollar Stores was a productive one, snatching up 9.2 million viewers and a 1.8 rating (per finals), surging 29 percent in the demo week-to-week.

CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 in turn drew 9.5 mil and a 1.4, ticking up a tenth to score its first demo win of the season over Grimm.

RELATED | Hawaii Five-0 Spoilers — The Latest on Kono’s Return

Blue Bloods closed the Eye’s night with 11 mil/1.3, up a tenth in the demo and, as usual, drawing Friday’s largest audience.

Speaking of Grimm (4.9 mil/1.3): Even with a beefier lead-in this week in a proper Dateline (5.6 mil/1.0), it dipped two tenths in the demo. Dracula then mustered barely 3 million viewers with a 0.9 rating, sliding another 12 and 23 percent and now down 44 percent from its debut.

RELATED | Grimm Post Mortem: Nick-Monroe Static Ahead? And How Dead Is Our Favorite Grimm?

Over on ABC, Last Man Standing (6.2 mil/1.4) and Shark Tank (7.3 mil/2.0) were steady, with the latter matching its season-high demo, while The Neighbors (4.5 mil/1.0) was flat.

Fox’s MasterChef Junior finale (4.1 mil/1.5) added a few eyeballs and two tenths in the demo to score its best numbers since the premiere…. The CW’s Carrie Diaries (770K/0.3) shed 11 percent of its precious few viewers but held steady in the demo, while Top Model (1.1 mil/0.4) was flat.

1. Phoenix says:

Ahh, Good work Hawaii Five-0! :-)
    I Hope it will her a fifth Season!!!

2. missvci says:

i admit i watched the neighbors only because “the sharks” were on it, so i’m surprised the viewership didn’t surge more.

3. alavenia says:

I am so happy for Hawaii Five-0!!!!!!!!!

4. ragincajun says:

Ha! Ha!

Grimm lost to H50, and Blue Bloods, even with most of its viewers being near the age of death, tied it in the demo!!

The show sucks now. It was good when it first started when it was a procedural using fairy tale characters as the criminals, but now that it’s focusing on all of this serial Royals crap, it’s becoming as stupid as that Once Upon a Time sh!t.

5. Ava says:

Dracula had such potential. Though I liked the first episode, it has gotten less and less interesting since. I honestly don’t know if I’ll keep watching.

6. linda93admn says:

I really like Dracula. I’m sorry that is not seen enough. With these ratings the renewal could be compressed unfortunately, right?
    Thanks

7. Ron says:

I watched the Dracula premier and thought it was good enough to check out week 2. However, when the second episode rolled around, I had to attend to something else and wasn’t able to watch it that night. I figured I’d just watch in on Hulu before the 3rd episode aired and get caught up. However, I never found enough ambition to watch it and ended up missing the 3rd episode too. I just can’t seem to get into the show enough to make me watch it. For example, if I miss Sleepy Hollow, or The Blacklist, or Brooklyn Nine-Nine (strictly speaking of new shows since Dracula is), I’m most definitely watching them on Hulu the next day without fail. But Dracula isn’t enticing me enough to watch it like the others I’ve mentioned. Now that I’ve missed 2 weeks of episodes, I’m kinda at the point with the show where I don’t care enough to watch the missed ones and almost find it easier to just pack it in and call it done because I don’t seem to care enough. Am I the only one?

8. anna says:

Undercover Boss is the big CBS winner. It jumped to a 2.1 demo in the last 30 min. And what Loser 50 did after that 2.1 lead in?? Drop to a 1.4 demo. Big drop.
    CBS should had done better and win the night with a stronger show at 9 PM.

9. G says:

Hopefully Grimm stabilizes. Maybe the ratings took a hit due to Thor 2? Not sure.

10. sarah says:

So happy for Hawaii Five 0 and Blue Bloods!

11. James says:

Nooo, Carrie Diaries, why? At least I hope the writers have time to wrap it up!

12. DavidSask says:

Please give CD an ending before cancellation, take note of this producers, Do NOT end season on cliffhanger tie it up in nice little bow! The neighbours needs to be put to rest when Junior Chef is beating it!

13. Kathy says:

I predict that Dracula will be cancelled before Christmas.

14. Brendan says:

I quite enjoy Dracula… it’s a shame that it probably won’t last

15. barbara says:

luv fiveo glad catherine got her badge from steve she really kicked some butt last nite. miss kono but read she had or was having baby did not no that. the guys were cute with baby especially danny. I’m wondering what the character of chi mcbride up to tho. and blue bloods great too. i enjoy undercover boss my favorite part is at the end when the employees get rewarded. not into dracula at all. wondering the if boss will hurt bones on fridays since bones starts on friday this week. hope not

16. WayneInNYC says:

Isn’t Dracula a 13-Episode Miniseries?

17. Janice says:

Dracula is a limited-run series. That doesn’t mean it can’t be renewed, it just means it won’t run for a full season (22 eps). That means if it performs well NBC will definitely renew it (remember UNDER THE DOME?)

18. Paul says:

Yes, CBS is simple. If you’ve seen one cop show on that network you have seen just about all of them. The original dramas they have that work are The Good Wife and Person Of Interest–both have serial elements. The Good Wife is probably the last drama on a network that will ever be nominated for an Emmy. Crap like Hawaii 5-0 and Blue Bloods are awful. That said the acting and effects on Grimm are pretty bad as well. There’s a reason these shows are on Friday–they suck and not in a good way.

A lot of people have fallen for Undercover Boss, which is just a corporate BJ to people who work for corporations, so the corporations will feel better about laying you off, and you might go quietly thinking that your next corporate boss won’t be terrible. Undercover Boss gets enough viewers who enjoy the corporate BJ that it gives an edge to the CBS shows airing right after that.

19. Matuse says:

Enjoy Grimm and H50 and I’m old, but not yet near death. At least I hope not.

20. shar says:

Hawaii 5-0 and Blue Bloods are 2 of my favorite shows. Great stories each week.

21. Lisa M says:

I am loving Dracula. I think it’s one of the few good shows to premiere this year. It’s not perfect, but it has such potential. I hope it’s not cancelled!