Exclusive

Exclusive Beauty and the Beast First Look: Vincent Rescues a (Beastly?) Damsel in Distress

Beauty and the Beast‘s Vincent is about to again dabble in a bit of kidnapping on the sophomore CW drama, and we’ve got a first look at his pretty captive’s reaction.

RELATED | Beauty and the Beast Season 2: A Reset Romance, Daddy Issues and an Emotional Exit

In the episode “Father Knows Best,” airing Monday at 9/8c, Vincent (Jay Ryan) sets out to neutralize a high-profile beast, but in the course of doing so, he must rescue his target’s daughter Tori (played by Amber Skye Noyes). Under Vincent’s watch, Tori will make some shocking “discoveries” about her life — like perhaps that she, too, has beastly DNA coursing through her system?

Elsewhere in the hour, Cat (Kristin Kreuk) confronts her birth father, Agent Reynolds, about the mysterious role he’s played in her life.

Noyes, who played Matthew’s online honey Michelle on One Life to Live’s online incarnation, is due to guest-star in at least three episodes.

Loading video...

1. monica says:

Thanks for the article. This should be interesting.

2. Tracey says:

Are we going to have to endure another love triangle AGAIN???? I wish they would just get this over with and either have get his memories and Catherine back or break them up forever.

3. Jared says:

BATB is such a fun show I wish more people were watching!

4. Alichat says:

I wonder how long it will be before Vincent realizes that he’s doing exactly what Tori’s father did, just for different people?

• C says:

No, not “exactly.” Tori’s father and others killed innocent people. Vincent’s hunting murderers. I’m not justifying it or saying that it’s okay since the people Vincent is hunting are bad people, but I wouldn’t say “he’s doing exactly what Tori’s father did…”

• Alichat says:

As far as we’ve been told, Vincent is hunting murderers. He’s been gone awhile, and we don’t know what other beasts he’s tracked and killed who may have been living as he was prior to being kidnapped. He’s just being given a target, and he goes off and kills the target. Also, he told Tori that her father killed people for money and power, and I don’t buy the idea that Vincent’s out killing all these beasts for Cat’s FBI bio-dad just to clean up things or stop the bad beasts. I think this is a power-play.

• lorna says:

So good to see Dan Scott (Paul Johansson, Tori’s father) back on tv. He was scary when he beasted out!!

5. liz says:

I’m a massive BATB fan – one of those passionate weirdos always on twitter. I adored last season. But I have to confess, I’m not loving this season. I like Cat, Gabe, Tess and JT working together and being friends…..but I feel like Vincent is dragging down the whole show. And thats not good lol.

• Nic says:

Interesting. How is V bringing down the show? Just curious. I see him as a victim I guess and he isn’t himself and has no memories so he is rightly acting out of character. Plus, his arc is opening up new storylines about his ‘job’ and the FBI. I agree there is less romance so far in season 2 but it’s only episode 5! And this far into season one there wasn’t much either! Not into like episode 14! And there were glimmers in season 1 EPs pre ep14 like in season 2, notably the galley scene and the dance, but hey were also somewhat infrequent like season 2 moments. It’s just the beginning. I love this show and just don’t want anyone to give up on it before s2 has even really started.

• liz says:

I’m not really sure actually. Because I am liking the FBI plot lines and the larger ‘there are more beasts’ stuff. Perhaps I never noticed it as much last season, but there’s a lot of Cat going ‘what about Vincent’. Maybe thats what I think is dragging it down? Or it could be a response to the amnesia-plot line (I always role my eyes at that trope) even though I think its being used effectively here. Or maybe its cause Vincent is a bit of an ass this season. Im not sure…which is super helpful! And no worries about me giving up on the show – I’m in for the long haul. I might not be super into whats going on right now, but the writers have done right by us fans so far so I’m not going to bail.

• Marsha says:

Vincent is so exciting this season. He is the entire show. He owned every scene in Hothead. The rest of the cast pales in comparison to his portrayal. Awesome. Reducing Tess to promoting a fake romance with her one liners is getting very boring. Leaving JT out of one entire episode to push the Gabe character in our faces was unconscionable. And Gabe is reduced to being a whiny wimp always standing behind Catherine hissing like a snake in her ear.

• liz says:

Hmm, maybe that’s why I’m struggling with this season – I’ve always seen Cat as the protagonist. Last season was very much a narrative about her world and her perspective as she fell into Vincent’s world. I think I’d like more of that back.

• Nic says:

So interesting. I agree that Vincent has taken over as the protagonist more and Cat definitely was more last season. The writers said the beginning was Vincent heavy because he was the one taken and who had his memory wiped, but the dad reveal switches it back to being more about Cat, too. I personally love them both and would like a balance as I see them both as the main character. I love Cat’s dedication and ccnern for Vincent. I just think its hard to watch right now because V is being a bit of an ass because he doesn’t worry about her the same way, but I just have to remind myself that he doesn’t have the advantage Cat has of loving her and having their memories and history. He’s been trained to be a thoughtless emotionless killer without any memory of her! It would be weird if he acted in character or was super sensitive to her. That being said as she is breaking down his walls and his memory is coming back he is regaining that sensitivity and caring. He is still not himself completely though so he is a bit more of a jerk and a bit more loving. I like cocky V and my ideal would be sensitive + cocky Vincent. Season 1 Vincent was too down on himself and some found it endearing. It was but it made me sad for V. He’s a more solid character now.

6. Nic says:

Im not worried about Tori. I don’t mind love triangles bc just because someone likes you doesn’t mean you have to like them back. V and C are desirable people. It’d be weird if no one liked them. Also, love triangles exist to some extent on all shows so complaining about them is kind of pointless although I get it. V and C are endgame and I would never want them broken up forever and they will always end up together. But I’m also not going to jump ship if they break up for a while. It’s about the journey people! They wont fall in love with other people. Even If they kiss other people or date other people it isn’t the end of the world. They are so good together but are facing a lot and are struggling, which is normal given everything like V isn’t even completely his self right now. I love Vincat! Sidenote: Vincent is killing but he isn’t killing innocents like Tori’s dad. I mean they are victims of Muirfield so yes kind of, but they are bad beasts he is killing so it’a different and complex and gray. Love this show. Just enjoy the ride people. The writers cant please everyone bc some think Vc should take a break whereas others want them together and never apart (boring and can’t have a long term show like that-it’s NOT a short movie).

• Tami L. says:

Thnx, for your positive notes. I am one of those much prefer super charged V so far. Still, the episode 5 left me with weird feeling and confused. Plus, seeing this Tori girl, who looks very much like Alex ( is it an intention ?) bothers me a bit. Anyhow, I’ll try to enjoy the ride, as you said.

• Nic says:

:) welcome Oh and my love triangle post applies to Gabe and Tori and any other future 3rd party. They will never really matter and sometimes a love triangle shows a person dating the 3rd party briefly and sometimes it just shows the 3rd party wishing he was dating one of the main people so let’s just see how it plays out. Every character needs temptation and experiences to know who is truly right for them it’s supposed to be a modern fairy tale So I try to remember that I think Tori being a redhead and looking so similar to Alex is intentional. I’m just guessing, but People on twitter are calling it the redhead redemption, which is hilarious and probably true (V won’t go there with Tori is my guess but she is around to give him the opportunity to/temptation). I think episode 5 left a lot of people feeling confused because it seemed like Vincat was further along after episode 4. I think they should have swapped the order honestly because it did seem like a step backward to some extent. I think that that is what is going to happen this season though…step forward…step backward and so on. I love them together, but the leads do angst so well, too. Just up the number of longing looks and I will be even better. Of course I adore them together I just realize they cant be together in every episode or else that’d be boring for most viewers. I think what gets me through the rough times is remember the are end game and everything they are going through is just going to make them stronger in the end. I mean unlike most shows we can invest in the couple without worrying who the writers put them with at the end. I love that. Also, Vincent isn’t him self and I don’t think that is said enough. If you think about it him caring for her is a pretty big step since he didn’t have emotions a few episodes ago. Also, Kristin said in an interview that their relationship is intentionally murky in the beginning and that they have a different dynamic every episode so prepare yourself people. It’s been tough emotionally, but I enjoy the acting and they still share wonderful moments just less frequent because of all the drama. But it’s only episode 5 and last season it wasn’t like they were acting lovey Dovey by episode 5. The writers know we love/jr and kk do romance so well so it will be there in time. The show has other cool aspects to we can enjoy besides the vincat romance Oops long post. I just feel strongly about people remaining positive and patient.

7. Autumn says:

This story seems so strange. First, I started feeling like Gabe was reminding me more of the BATB archetype with his physical transformation into a human (believing he was “saved” by the Beauty character) and now this new female reminds me of the actual “Beauty” in the literary version of the tale where she is taken from her father (kind of kidnapped by the beast). Very odd though she seems very likable surprisingly. There seems to be two separate BATB stories going on but not with the characters that are supposed to be the beauty and the beast to one another. Not sure where this is headed exactly.

8. Sin Bella says:

Personally I am loving S2, these last 5 episodes have been an exciting roller coaster, new Vincent, sharper stronger and still as lovable as always, Cat lost & hurt but still fighting to stay strong, JT & Tess always funny & humorous, Gabe irritating, exciting new characters, faster pace, more dark & edgy, amazing action sequences, drama & love. The writers have done a fantastic job & deserve more credit than they’re getting. As for Vincent, I think he is doing a marvelous job – he is able to portray two characters beautifully and effortlessly – showing emotions, that are heartbreaking – extremely talented actor. We have to remember he has been through a lot, and programmed to be a killing machine, so he is not going to be the sweet, thoughtful and caring Vincent we saw in S1, he has lost his humanity and slowly he regaining. In the meantime, there will be many things he will do that we may not like, but we should give him a chance, and enjoy the episodes. We all know that their love is stand the test of time, and they will find each other again. This temporary separation will make them stronger, appreciate each other more even if its painful to see!

• Marsha says:

I agree with you, Sin Bella, it is great acting on the part of Jay Ryan. You said it perfectly “he is able to portray two characters beautifully and effortlessly” The deadly looks he gave Gabe in the boathouse and the soft loving looks to Catherine are amazingly well done. I love the new season.

Thank you for your insightful comment.

• yvonne says:

Lovely comments Sin Bella. Jay Ryan is awesome in his portray of a Vincent that is changing his personality. Jay dominates the screen with or without words. Yet he is a subtle actor.
      You are very polite about the writers, I feel not so benevolent about their abilities but I don´t think they matter much. Whatever strange lines they throw at the actors, Jay Ryan will be able to turn the story into magic, like he has done for us every episode.

9. Sue says:

THANK YOUUUU!! can’t wait for the monday!!

10. Allison says:

If the father was a beast, he would have been one of the early ones, like Gabe. But that makes this Tori too old to be the daughter of a beast doesn’t it?

I have loved BATB since the pilot but this season has been such an upgrade. Better filming, better sets and of course, they are allowing Jay Ryan to run with his character and he is so exciting this season.

11. mi piace mi piace è sempre piu’ bello BATB

12. Love your comments, Sin Bella and Nic. We had been warned before S2 started that all of this would happen. Tori’s father could have been an older soldier that volunteered or an FBI agent that volunteered, so that’s a possibility of her age. Yes, she does remind me of Alex, but that got us fired up on Twitter and yelling at the TV, so we just do more Twittering and yelling. Trending gets the attention of #BATB. There have been twists and turns since Vincent was pulled away from Catherine in S1 and the tortuous journey is going to eventually seal them together forever or not, hoping it’s the first one. As Jay mentioned in an interview, there wouldn’t be a show without VinCat and to me, the erasing of Vincent’s memory is kind of like their on a break. I agree that Jay’s absolutely brilliant in his Jekyll/Hyde Vincent and you can’t deny the tenderness he showed Catherine in #Reunion. More writers, more action, more #BATB = nail-biting Mondays!

• aftermidnite says:

His heartbreaking admission near the end of Reunion was so tender. Too bad Catherine spoiled it by answering “there are a lot of cops, you better leave” How sad that she could be so cold.

You are right, Debbie, I am nail biting through every episode and so far they have all been satisfying.

13. Jay Ryan is FINE says:

Jay Ryan has a nice looking bum!

14. Adele says:

This season is a roller coaster ride, so let’s just enjoy it! They will be together, it’s destiny!!